PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here fully enlightened / spiritually awakened?

Ryan H
31-03-2011, 10:45 PM
After reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth and Power of Now, researching Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism, practicing qigong energy work, and knowing people who have been manic (something I believe is at least in the same direction as awakening), I feel that I have a decent understanding of what enlightenment and spiritual awakening are or are said to be, and I do mostly believe in higher states or levels of consciousness, and I think I'm probably headed in that direction.
So is anyone here already there? Can you tell me what the transition was like for you, and what your life has been like since? And how do you know for sure that you personally are enlightened / awakened?

nightowl
31-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Well from where I stand it is a process that I will continually be on until I cross over and even than I am not sure where enlightenment turns into being fully enlightened...woohoo but what a ride!

nightowl

psychoslice
31-03-2011, 11:55 PM
The question, is anyone Enlightened, will not be answered that simple by the one who is apparently Enlightened, when there has been a realization of what its all about, the one who Realizes this see's all others as Enlightened also, there is two selfs, the one who believes themselves to be separate and therefore Enlightenment is something to be gained outside of their self, and then there's the SELF, this is the Ocean beneath the illusion that you are separate, like a wave upon the ocean believing that it is separate from the ocean, no matter what the wave believes it is still the ocean, so you see all is already enlightened, whatever you do to try to be Enlightened is the illusion that your not.

Spiritlite
31-03-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't believe people can reach FULL and UTTER enlightment. I don't think even Jesus attained that status as we're all after all humans.
Spiritlite.

psychoslice
01-04-2011, 12:09 AM
You see this is the illusion that the ego wants you to believe, the ego doesn't want to be Awakened, its enjoying its story that it has made in vain, to be Awaken doesn't mean that you become some type God who is so perfect in everything he or she does. So many are after some sort of great orgasm, but all Enlightenment is is simply who you truly are already, that's IT.

mahakali
01-04-2011, 12:09 AM
ego is needed to exist separate in the material world, maybe unless you isolate yourself from others, u cant become fully enlightened.

psychoslice
01-04-2011, 12:12 AM
There is no one to become Enlightened, the ego mind body organism can never be Enlightened, its the illusion of the mind that keeps Enlightenment in the dark. Drop the idea the you are the mind body organism and there is the light that was always there.

CuriousSnowflake
01-04-2011, 12:54 AM
After reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth and Power of Now, researching Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism, practicing qigong energy work, and knowing people who have been manic (something I believe is at least in the same direction as awakening), I feel that I have a decent understanding of what enlightenment and spiritual awakening are or are said to be, and I do mostly believe in higher states or levels of consciousness, and I think I'm probably headed in that direction.
So is anyone here already there? Can you tell me what the transition was like for you, and what your life has been like since? And how do you know for sure that you personally are enlightened / awakened?

I don't think there's such a thing as "fully enlightened", because every moment brings us a new opportunity to remake ourselves anew. As long as we can imagine something higher than where we are now, then that higher something exists. The limit of enlightenment is the same as the limit of the human imagination.

CS

Rah nam
01-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Am I enlightened?
Yes, but not on this level.
Rah nam

Spiritlite
01-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Love it Rah Nam.
Spiritlite.

tainamom
01-04-2011, 03:05 AM
My kundalini has been awakened and my Inner Heart opened and so I'm re-born again here on Earth to know my true purpose - to go home. Am I enlightened? No and if I were, I wouldn't say so. The ultimate enlightenment is when one's spirit, which lies in the heart, finally attains Yoga. That can only happen, while on Earth, if one's kundalini is awakened and has cleared out all body layers, etc. and has risen. Then Yoga only comes if True Source allows it and if the person is completely surrendered to do True Source's will. This can take many lifetimes, but True Source is the one that decides when one is ready. So the more one goes within, surrenders, the more awareness and blessings a person receives.

Personally, I believe Jesus attained Yoga/True Enlightenment because of the story where he'd say that Him and His Father are One.

Peace.

ROM
01-04-2011, 03:14 AM
IN MY MOST HUMBLEST OPINION, enlightenment simply means, knowing the Laws that govern Creation and swinging in harmony with them, thus bringing benefit to yourself and those around you. Enlightenment doesn't mean the cultivation and attainment of some 'higher' awareness via occult means. Some people can 'attain' said states, but it doesn't mean they are more 'knowing/aware/spiritually advanced' than others.

Shabda
01-04-2011, 03:17 AM
anyone who is truly enlightened, would likely be so humble as not to even mention it to another, it is not enlightened to point out one's superior attainment to another that hasnt reached it as of yet, that is egotistical, to focus on separation and differences between us all rather than focusing on the One...just my humble opinion however...

Gem
01-04-2011, 04:20 AM
IN MY MOST HUMBLEST OPINION, enlightenment simply means, knowing the Laws that govern Creation and swinging in harmony with them, thus bringing benefit to yourself and those around you. Enlightenment doesn't mean the cultivation and attainment of some 'higher' awareness via occult means. Some people can 'attain' said states, but it doesn't mean they are more 'knowing/aware/spiritually advanced' than others.

I pretty much agree... Self realization isn't different to 'as you are'... but i don't know what enlightenment is.

GentleStrength
01-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Enlightenment means to me, "Becoming lighter, higher vibration frequency, more awareness of the connection with All That Is". It is more of an expanding awareness and understanding.

No such thing as "Fully Enlightened" in my opinion. There is always more growth, more awareness of self and All. To infinity and beyond! :D

Love and Light

tainamom
01-04-2011, 02:15 PM

I know I can be a bit vague with my answers, because the answers are much deeper and yet simple. Some of the above quote seems to contradict what I say, so I'm going to explain myself a bit more. The bottom line of it all is more peace and harmony as stated in the first sentence.

Now, from my experience, many people have started their spiritual journey through occult (hidden) teachings. Why? Because most people are not ready for it. The question most people have is: What is occult and what is involved in occult? Many people feel that it is the summoning of demons, spirits and all sorts of other scary beings, but it's not always the case. In many religions throughout time, priests, priestesses, shamans, etc., have had their own teachings. Many of these teachings are not to be shared with others, therefore they are hidden (occulted) from the public. A very common example from my culture and upbringing would be the Catholic Church where the blessings and teachings are kept only amongst the men who are ordained as priests. They are given blessings that are never passed down to the nuns or parishioners. In life, not everyone agrees with Catholic teachings or are brought up in different cultures/religions, so they go to the group that they are most suited with. What may be right for one person's spiritual growth that leads to enlightenment (peace and harmony) is not right for another.

I feel that there are always people more spiritually advanced than another through their awareness and how much they love the Creator, but it doesn't mean that the less spiritually advanced person can not supercede them at any point of their lives and that does happen often. Now what is awareness? In my experience, awareness is becoming aware of one's own negativity and realizing that it doesn't serve them well, so they 'let go' of that negativity. It also means, just as you say, to be in harmony with creation - to be more and more at peace with life. It doesn't mean being able to float, move things, see things, becoming psychic, etc. It doesn't make one more special than another, but makes us more aware that we are all equal to each other, especially in the "Creator's eyes" so to speak.

What is spiritual growth? Some people call it soul, but I'll call it spirit (in the heart, not the mind, where one feels love, joy, peace and happiness). For me, spiritual growth is learning to love and trust in life, just as you mention being in harmony with creation. I feel it's everyone's destiny to love more and be at peace.

This is my experience. Does it make me better? No. It makes me more aware of how much I have yet to learn, to let go and to love. :love1:

Atma
01-04-2011, 02:31 PM
He, who knows, knows not; he who knows not, knows."

This is a statement in the Upanishad, meaning that one who has realized the Truth has no personality-consciousness, and one who has it knows not the Truth.

Atma

themaster
01-04-2011, 02:39 PM
We have energy here on this planet.. that says it's wrong to call yourself enlightened.. (or how about master, guru, ascended?) to step up and say.. "I love myself" and bunch of humans look at you and boo and hiss!

It is not uncommon for us to even through social peering beat people down into their place..

So I just wanted to point that out before answering this question.. :D

Yep, I'm awake.. yep, I'm enlightened.. but what the hell does that mean? :D

I mean seriously.. can we even answer this question..?? I can tell you about all the work I do with my teacher.. but that doesn't mean I can instantly manifest a elephant or levitate a car and yet.. those things are coming..

I would say you are aware.. (awake) if you recognize law of attraction.. if see change on the earth.. just a newness..

I would say you are enlightened.. if you spend most of your day with yourself.. loving you.. playing.. just enjoying!

Anything else.. and you’re playing the game of lack.. is it wrong to play this game.. no, not at all!

Play what, you want..

The most enlightened on the planet.. if you ask me.. are children!

Most I've met if there not succumbed by their parents domination and "this is how we behave!" (hear that in the screech negative voice if you can)

Are the happiest people I know.. they wake up in the morning.. fresh for a new day of experience, they get excited going into the back yard!

I mean jesus! Why can't we be like them...?? :rolleyes: :D

Well, get back there one day.. soon, I hope.. feeling the positive emotions.. just enjoying yourself.. that's what life’s about!! it's not about packing for the camping trip, planning for the school education, making the big money! buying the groceries.. sometimes these EGO tasks can be fun.. but usually they end up hollow in our hearts.. and we wonder.. what did we do wrong?

So here's a small piece of my perspective on this.. hope it helps.. :hug3:

tainamom
01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
He, who knows, knows not; he who knows not, knows."

This is a statement in the Upanishad, meaning that one who has realized the Truth has no personality-consciousness, and one who has it knows not the Truth.

Atma

That definitely couldn't be more true. When I started my journey, I *thought* I knew. As time passed, I *realized* that I knew not. Ahh! The joy of being human. :redface: :@: myself. Great quote!

BlueSky
01-04-2011, 02:50 PM

I know it sounds corny but the path is truly pathless. I traveled the road headed in the same direction you say you are only to recognize that there is no path.
Now that I am off the path, i am finally free to live this life. Enightenment, just a word with no meaning IMO. I have found something real, I have found heaven here and now. I have found peace that surpasses the striving of the path.
James

windwhistle
01-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Shabda...I feel the same way...

How can I even speak of enlightenment if I have not experienced it fully? I can't...I'm only rehashing some Yogi's opinion or story like Bhudda's enlightening moment under the Bohdi tree or the Jesus stories. They are tales made up and changed over time with so many retellings that who knows what parts are really true. Even history books aren't true as they are told from the perception of one view or one side of the story. I can't know any of these stories are true...they may have been true for others but I will not fill my head with other's beliefs no matter how intoxicating the stories may be because that clogs my essence with 'too many things.' I don't follow anyone's path but my own...why would I want to?

If enlightenment exists....I would think striving for it would push it away as striving is the ego's way. In fact the whole enlightenment thing feels like an ego-trap to me. I feel intimidated when I hear 'lofty' spiritual people say things like...'some people are at a higher level than other's or 'some people are living out their their last lives and they are the 'old souls,' or he is more spiritually aware than her... Ego cr@p trap!

A lot of this went on when I was in India. And it does cause comparison and separation and arrogance. I was even told I could not be fully enlightened in this life time because I was a Mother and would not be able to desert my children to commit my life wholly to spiritual studies. So I guess I'm screwed...I'll always just be trying to get a little closer...huh. Boy...I feel miserable...thanks Guru for telling me that.

Anyway, Indians and Eastern philosophies have helped me immensely but they don't have all the answers and no spiritual person or path is completely true.

nventr
01-04-2011, 03:38 PM
How can I even speak of enlightenment if I have not experienced it fully? I can't...I'm only rehashing some Yogi's opinion or story like Bhudda's enlightening moment under the Bohdi tree or the Jesus stories. They are tales made up and changed over time with so many retellings that who knows what parts are really true. Even history books aren't true as they are told from the perception of one view or one side of the story. I can't know any of these stories are true...they may have been true for others but I will not fill my head with other's beliefs no matter how intoxicating the stories may be because that clogs my essence with 'too many things.' I don't follow anyone's path but my own...why would I want to?

A lot of this went on when I was in India. And it does cause comparison and separation and arrogance. I was even told I could not be fully enlightened in this life time because I was a Mother and would not be able to desert my children to commit my life wholly to spiritual studies. So I guess I'm screwed...I'll always just be trying to get a little closer...huh. Boy...I feel miserable...thanks Guru for telling me that.

Anyway, Indians and Eastern philosophies have helped me immensely but they don't have all the answers and no spiritual person or path is completely true.

Dear windwhistle,

Please, Please do not listen to the Guru who told you that a mother would have to desert her children to become enlightened. This is absolutely not true!!!! It is through being open and real with my children that I faced all the issues of my past. When they were bullied or faced great obstacles I rehashed my issues. I was not a perfect parent, but I honestly tried. While my intention was to create enlightened children, the person who is better for it is me. Each person must choose to hash through their issues for themselves. Hopefully, I have given my children the tools to do the same.

This is part of what is symbolized by the Virgin Mary's birth to Jesus. It is through motherhood and raising a child that she attains enlightenment. Mary was the only woman among a few male prophets in the Christian Bible who ascends to heaven in full view of followers. Take that to your Guru and tell him to shove it!

The religion that has the best teachings to understand this path of enlightenment is ancient Chan or Zen.

This is what I mean when I say, "The road runs both ways."

As for the stories being real or not? Those who have experienced, know the stories are real. That is why they are repeated down through the ages. The stories must be told as Buddha's story, Jesus' story or Mary the Mother's story. Otherwise, ego is not dead.

BlueSky
01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Dear windwhistle,

Please, Please do not listen to the Guru who told you that a mother would have to desert her children to become enlightened. This is absolutely not true!!!! It is through being open and real with my children that I faced all the issues of my past. When they were bullied or faced great obstacles I rehashed my issues. I was not a perfect parent, but I honestly tried. While my intention was to create enlightened children, the person who is better for it is me. Each person must choose to hash through their issues for themselves. Hopefully, I have given my children the tools to do the same.

This is part of what is symbolized by the Virgin Mary's birth to Jesus. It is through motherhood and raising a child that she attains enlightenment. Mary was the only woman among a few male prophets who ascends to heaven in full view of followers. Take that to your Guru and tell him to shove it!

The best religion to understand this path of enlightenment is zen.

As for the stories being real or not? Those who have experienced, know the stories are real. That is why they are repeated down through the ages. The stories must be told as Buddha's story, Krishna's story or Jesus' story. Otherwise, ego is not dead.

I agree.................someone who would risk their life for their children would be a better guru to follow. Someone who would risk his life for any child, I would bow before.

Chrysaetos
01-04-2011, 03:47 PM
No such thing as "Fully Enlightened" in my opinion. There is always more growth, more awareness of self and All. To infinity and beyond! :DI can agree with that. If we are eternal then there is no point in finishing a game.

There cannot be an end to a game if there never was a start. There is either eternal adventure or oblivion.

windwhistle
01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks you too. The Guru said we would be a part of his energy forever and sometimes I believe this and get angry. I want to be free. Yet, I learned a lot from him and have experienced many things that he told me as true. Sometimes I don't know if it's me or him speaking in this forum. That's why I'm so leery about beliefs and a search for my own truth.

Unlike Indians, I want to think for myself and not follow a whole cultural identity of spiritualism. Because some of the things the guru said were hurtful...and yet he said that's why he could be a guru because sometimes you had to cut people. And he said that's why women did not make good gurus because they were too soft to slash.

Anyways...I learn so much from my children. They are incredible teachers. That i know is true. I just get a little angry when people spout stuff they've heard from other people and not they themselves have experienced. But I should not bc when I was India...I did just that. I bought the whole thing...hook, line and sinker. And the Guru even told us not to do that because you had to doubt first to find truth. Maybe I am just at that stage now.

I am a little mixed up about the Guru stuff and am resisting it...which he also said I would do. Was he really enlightened? Maybe, maybe not. Is there such a thing? How can I know? Maybe one day I will.

I just take it a day at a time. I wash dishes, and cook breakfast, and go to work, and call my Mother and am just a normal person...nothing great. So be it. It's all I can do.

BlueSky
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks you too. The Guru said we would be a part of his energy forever and sometimes I believe this and get angry. I want to be free. Yet, I learned a lot from him and have experienced many things that he told me as true. Sometimes I don't know if it's me or him speaking in this forum. That's why I'm so leery about beliefs and a search for my own truth.

Unlike Indians, I want to think for myself and not follow a whole cultural identity of spiritualism. Because some of the things the guru said were hurtful...and yet he said that's why he could be a guru because sometimes you had to cut people. And he said that's why women did not make good gurus because they were too soft to slash.

Anyways...I learn so much from my children. They are incredible teachers. That i know is true. I just get a little angry when people spout stuff they've heard from other people and not they themselves have experienced. But I should not bc when I was India...I did just that. I bought the whole thing...hook, line and sinker. And the Guru even told us not to do that because you had to doubt first to find truth. Maybe I am just at that stage now.

I am a little mixed up about the Guru stuff and am resisting it...which he also said I would do. Was he really enlightened? Maybe, maybe not. Is there such a thing? How can I know? Maybe one day I will.

I just take it a day at a time. I wash dishes, and cook breakfast, and go to work, and call my Mother and am just a normal person...nothing great. So be it. It's all I can do.

IMO, you have a lot of work to do to get this out of your head. It's there, it's strong and you need to face it and release it. Don't kid yourself, it will affect all areas of your life subconsciously. Don't resist.........confront it...resolve it.
Many of us who know this anquish associated with what you are going thru will help you if you just ask.
blessings and love,
James

windwhistle
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I just realized, James, that I have never discussed it out loud...ever. Wow. I had no idea how much it affected me. I don't know how to release it. I don't know if I should release it. Am I just another lost soul not to do his practices to reach enlightenment in 7years because as a recovering alcoholic ( 2 1/2 years sober!) I find self-discipline rather difficult?

And he wanted me to practice 4 hours a day! I can barely work my job 4 hours a day, let alone do anything else. I feel ashamed that I didn't stick to the program. He said most people would drop out and I'm just another drop out.

But I have never stopped being a seeker. I can't help that either...it is just in me to try and connect to what is real, natural and divine. Maybe I go at my own pace now. I need to accept it and me and my own spiritual development no matter how slow I am in 'getting anywhere.' is there really anywhere to go? Maybe we try to go to the enlightenment status. That word is a total trigger for me.

Anyway I won't take up the original poster's thread with my personal experiences... But I do thank you James for getting me in touch with this anguish. I love you all...gotta go sell picture frames now.

tainamom
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM

If enlightenment exists....I would think striving for it would push it away as striving is the ego's way. In fact the whole enlightenment thing feels like an ego-trap to me. I feel intimidated when I hear 'lofty' spiritual people say things like...'some people are at a higher level than other's or 'some people are living out their their last lives and they are the 'old souls,' or he is more spiritually aware than her... Ego cr@p trap!

I agree with the other poster, don't believe that guru. It's why I disliked the teachings of the Catholic Church because of the separation btwn priest and nuns and how they wouldn't pass the real teachings to the nuns or people with families. Yes, it's a way for growth for those people, but it left out the others who wanted to grow too, but had different lifestyles. Since we have a heart and can feel love and joy, we call all experience spiritual growth.

BlueSky
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I just realized, James, that I have never discussed it out loud...ever. Wow. I had no idea how much it affected me. I don't know how to release it. I don't know if I should release it. Am I just another lost soul not to do his practices to reach enlightenment in 7years because as a recovering alcoholic ( 2 1/2 years sober!) I find self-discipline rather difficult?

And he wanted me to practice 4 hours a day! I can barely work my job 4 hours a day, let alone do anything else. I feel ashamed that I didn't stick to the program. He said most people would drop out and I'm just another drop out.

But I have never stopped being a seeker. I can't help that either...it is just in me to try and connect to what is real, natural and divine. Maybe I go at my own pace now. I need to accept it and me and my own spiritual development no matter how slow I am in 'getting anywhere.' is there really anywhere to go? Maybe we try to go to the enlightenment status. That word is a total trigger for me.

Anyway I won't take up the original poster's thread with my personal experiences... But I do thank you James for getting me in touch with this anguish. I love you all...gotta go sell picture frames now.

Good! You will never wholely be there for your children or yourself until you confront this. Like you said it is a trigger and I know it well and it is to something deeper than enlightenment. With me it was a "need" and it took many years and sufferings to me and my loved ones until I met face to face with those needs disquised as a spiritual journey. In the end it was very spritual but it wasn't a journey. It was always there.
Blessings.............and good luck selling those frames.
James

tainamom
01-04-2011, 05:13 PM

I used to do my spiritual practices for a few hours in the day. I homeschool and my daughter was only 11 when I started. I managed to get it done, BUT as I moved along I was told and read many times over and over again, that the fastest growth happens in REAL LIFE with REAL PEOPLE - many whom are in your family too! I wasn't really ready for REAL LIFE and needed these last two years to be home. Now I'm ready to deal with REAL LIFE and REAL PEOPLE. So for those who are out there, they are already going head on with REAL LIFE. So the best thing I've learned is to smile and enjoy life. I do what I can w/ my practices, which is now down to about 1.5, maybe 2 hrs tops, scattered throughout the day. I try to allow joy in, instead of push my way - doesn't work anyway. hehehe. Enjoy! You sound like you're doing well to me.

Sarian
01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I read The Power of Now, I probably should read it again because I read it in 2009, not one of my better years...so I wondered what the heck I was reading and was this guy on drugs.
, and knowing people who have been manic (something I believe is at least in the same direction as awakening), I feel that I have a decent understanding of what enlightenment and spiritual awakening are or are said to be, and I do mostly believe in higher states or levels of consciousness, and I think I'm probably headed in that direction.
are you saying that manic people are enlightened?

mahakali
01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
windwhistle you sound just like me! following someone elses knowledge and practice will never help unless you make it a part of your own. i spent 6 months in India, and although my heart will remain there forever, as living like that taught me so much, i was so disappointed at how enlightened they are not. and it surely was an Indian man who told you that women are too soft to cut lol those poor suppressed creatures! i believe that women are strong and even have an advantage with there loving nature because love is truth and truth is what cuts. bless u my enlightened friend!

Shabda
01-04-2011, 11:07 PM

such a "Guru" is no guru at all, but rather one trapped within his own ego...it is my experience in life that "illumination" or "enlightenment" has no favorite sex, economic condition, social class, or any other form a separation that we put amongst us, such a state of consciousness does not bother to flirt with such imperfections...if i were to offer a suggestion, as to how to attain It in any of its various forms or levels, i would suggest first, that it makes no difference whether you are male or female, rich or poor, none of these things matters, and so you make another good point, the chasing after It only drives It further from the one who seeks It, therefore, use a form of "effortless effort", keep the intent of finding that which you seek, but also let it go, be detached, and never be scared to get down on your hands and knees to look for traces of It's presence in the most humble of places...before you know it, It comes along and taps you on the shoulder, and a realization happens, and continues to happen, at various times and places, and on varying levels, and It never stops, It is always available to one with the eye to see It, and in my own experience, i have always found It where i least expected It to be, such is apparently the way of things...

Gem
01-04-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm with WS about the pathless path.

I take that to mean:

1) you are who and what you are, there is no path to 'here'.

BlueSky
02-04-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm with WS about the pathless path.

I take that to mean:

1) you are who and what you are, there is no path to 'here'.

Yes that and the thing is that you miss it entirely if you are looking for something else.

GentleStrength
02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Windwhistle - You can put me in the group recommending that you release the guilt that his guru laid on you. It sounds as though he wants you to believe more in HIM than in YOURSELF. A true spiritual guide will help you in walking the path to enlightenment (which has no end) but the path is yours and yours alone.

Anyone who tries to make you feel guilty about what you do or what you don't do (4 hours of daily work requirement) is to me a false teacher. Guilt is not needed to reach peace, harmony and joy in life. Love of self, love of All will accomplish this for you.

Love and Light

Orbie
02-04-2011, 10:14 AM
So... is there a path or not?

Greenslade
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM

If you believe there is, then there is. If you believe there isn't, then there isn't.

psychoslice
02-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Everyone here is fully Enlightened but most don't Realize it, that's all.

Gem
02-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes that and the thing is that you miss it entirely if you are looking for something else.

To say the truth is a pathless land (jiddu krishnamurti) doesn't really mean that the there is no life path, it just means the land has no path except the one you forge, it doesn't lead to 'you'. 'You' are on it.

Krishnamurti was head of The Order of The Star of India... and he then disolved the organization because ... well this is the speech he made to explain it.

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/k_pathless.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fbernie.cncfamily.com%2 Fk_pathless.htm)

athribiristan
02-04-2011, 01:30 PM

I don't think there is a point where you are suddenly enlightened. It is a gradual process and when you do finally complete it, you will know because you will no longer need the lessons of physicality and will stop coming here. It is very rare for a 'completely enlightened' being to incarnate here. People like Jesus and Buddha and Ghandi come to mind and even then Buddha achieved his enlightenment while mortal and likely the other two as well.

I would say that enlightenment/awakening begins when a person accepts that they are a spirit living in a body rather than a body who possesses a spirit. When this becomes more than an intellectual puzzle and becomes 'truth' for you, you have awakened to the spiritual nature of existence. From there it is a matter of exploring that spiritual nature. Figure out who you are and how you relate to God or whatever you want to call it.

For me the transition was pretty rough actually. It took falling into some really dark times for me to be able to see that light that was my true spirituality. Up until then it was all intellectual and a lot of big talk, and some meditation thrown in to make it all look good. Funny thing about that is that since then I have been through much 'harder' events in my life and they just haven't been that bad. I would say that is part of the reason I believe that I am enlightened, or walking that path.

Basically when I made the decision to serve the Light (or God, or Source, or whatever) my life became almost effortless. Someone recently offered my family of six a free place to stay. All I have to do is get up every morning and do what has been given to me that day. Sometimes that seems hard but things always come together. Living from Faith has been one of the hardest and most rewarding lessons of my life.

In closing I would say this:

Enlightenment is not a destination but a path, and seldom the easy one. Sometimes we stray from the path, and sometimes we sit down for a rest, but the thing that sets the spiritual seeker apart from others is that they are only truly happy when they are at least looking for that path.

athribiristan
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM

It CAN be an ego trap, but the fact is that some people ARE more spiritually aware than others. Learning to honestly assess the facts, without allowing the ego to chime in and tell you how much better you are than other people is half the battle. The Ego IS the trap, enlightenment is the secret lever that opens the doorway out.

I was even told I could not be fully enlightened in this life time because I was a Mother and would not be able to desert my children to commit my life wholly to spiritual studies. So I guess I'm screwed...I'll always just be trying to get a little closer...huh. Boy...I feel miserable...thanks Guru for telling me that.

Complete rubbish. There is no 'one way' to enlightenment. Never accept such limiting view points from anyone. We are divine immortal beings, a little thing like parenthood could never constrain us. I would say get a new Guru....or at least stop listening to whatever fool told you that.

athribiristan
02-04-2011, 01:55 PM

The thing to remember is that this is YOUR journey, not your Guru's. It is true that sometimes a little blunt force truama therapy can help, but this rarely nets good results because most people just aren't equipped to deal with things that quickly. As you say, it is important to move at your own pace. If someone wants you to go faster they are simply one more obstacle for you to overcome. Based on the things your Guru said to you, I have a hard time believing him to be enlightened. A truly enlightened person would never cause such a burden on another persons soul. They would know the right words to say to keep you moving forward without pushing you. The connection with Source that comes from enlightenment would naturally bring the correct words and would not leave you with so much confusion and doubt.

athribiristan
02-04-2011, 02:12 PM

The path is wherever you put your feet.

Ciqala
02-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Awakened, is not near the activation, not the beginning, no one here is fully enlightened. If they were, they would not be here living on earth.

Deusdrum
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Is anyone here fully enlightened / spiritually awakened?

I am.

not fully enlightened, no.

psychoslice
02-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Awakened, is not near the activation, not the beginning, no one here is fully enlightened. If they were, they would not be here living on earth.
In reality were not living on the earth, we are all that there IS, we are the earth itself, we are the sun, the stars, in fact we are the whole Cosmos, its just this little thing we call our body that is living on this rock called earth.

Enya
02-04-2011, 10:07 PM
If you have to ask, you're not.

mahakali
03-04-2011, 03:56 AM
To say the truth is a pathless land (jiddu krishnamurti) doesn't really mean that the there is no life path, it just means the land has no path except the one you forge, it doesn't lead to 'you'. 'You' are on it.

Krishnamurti was head of The Order of The Star of India... and he then disolved the organization because ... well this is the speech he made to explain it.

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/k_pathless.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fber nie.cncfamily.com%252Fk_pathless.htm)woot said that this site has a poor reputation :( idk why, too bad i wanna read it

mahakali
03-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Complete rubbish. There is no 'one way' to enlightenment. Never accept such limiting view points from anyone. We are divine immortal beings, a little thing like parenthood could never constrain us. I would say get a new Guru....or at least stop listening to whatever fool told you that.lol your from TX? i figured you would be from the uk or something using the word rubbish lol.

GentleStrength
03-04-2011, 04:46 AM

You ARE the path of enlightenment. You can move backwards, forwards, sideways, upside down either walking, crawling, running, skipping, dancing or even standing still. You can't miss the path since any step you take or don't take is a part of it and will lead to enlightenment.

However, if you consciously direct yourself with the intention of becoming enlightened... the path is much shorter and quicker. :wink:

Love and Light

athribiristan
03-04-2011, 02:57 PM
lol your from TX? i figured you would be from the uk or something using the word rubbish lol.

Well, I love British humor and have picked up a lot of their terminology. Monty Python was my favorite as a kid.

Shabda
03-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Well, I love British humor and have picked up a lot of their terminology. Monty Python was my favorite as a kid.
good stuff that~!

Ciqala
03-04-2011, 04:06 PM
In reality were not living on the earth, we are all that there IS, we are the earth itself, we are the sun, the stars, in fact we are the whole Cosmos, its just this little thing we call our body that is living on this rock called earth.

Yeah that is true, but during the earthly illusion if someone is fully enlightened why would they be alive or at the lower realms? Wouldn't they be in high frequency realms? Perhaps this realm is a place of growth for souls?