PDA

View Full Version : Reading while dreaming

manna8288
30-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Has anyone been able to read something that is in your dreams? Usually I can't do that the words will seem jumbled up and all i would be able to make out would be words like this, the, that, and is. But while I was lucid dreaming the other night I could actually read the words going across the bottom of the tv screen during a news report. I was so excited to be able to read that when something would wake me up I would fall back asleep and continue the dream where I left off just so I could do it again:D . So have any of you been able to do this and what were your dreams about when you did. All I read about was Charlie Sheen(sp?):tongue: but I was so happy to be able to read to really care what I was reading about.

Lady Valkyrie
01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Usually the words are hidden from me. I have seen a book which I know was important which was concealed in a panel in the side of a church or cathedral. I could not even open it and I knew there was hidden wisdom inside.

Sometimes in lucid dreams I see signs, they are often in characters I cannot read, but sometimes I can interpret them. Then I feel myself trying to hold onto the meanings of the signs in the dreams into waking consciousness, but I never remember it all. They tend to relate to 2012 and human evolution.

Wolfe of Wildwood
23-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't have this problem, I can read things normally and usually recall what they said. Although sometimes it's in japanese, so I don't understand that. (I see a lot of japanese but am not fluent)

jenriggs
06-04-2013, 11:31 PM
One of my tricks to realize I am dreaming is when numbers and words get jumbled. I am think I might be dreaming, I look a the numbers of a clock, or words somewhere. Then I look away and back. I the numbers or letters change, then I say, "yey! Im dreaming!" Then do whatever I want. It works every single time.

vicky3619
07-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I remarked that lately I was able to read while dreaming,normally it would be something someone write to me or such and often when I'll tell the person in waking life that he/she told me that in a dream,it will make sense to him/her.
It's funny as I don't remember much of my dreams,well ,I remember more than before but this is yet not much,but I often remember reading things.

Niebla0007
09-05-2013, 02:41 AM
I don't always see something to read while dreaming, but I do not normally have any problem when I do.

But what's happening to me lately, for 2 around months now which I find perflexing is - how most of the time I wake up from a dream(but this also happens sometimes while I'm still in a dream),
it's like I am reading words at the same time as I am seeing the images of a dream.:confused:
I also feel a tiredness as in just having been reading too much when I wake up
when I hardly read books lately before sleeping.

I wonder if anybody else reading this actually had been having this happen to her/him before.

Jayme
11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I have no problem reading something in a dream or lucid dream. What's interesting however is that I have to get very close to the sign or hold the book close to my face. In the waking world I wear glasses, and when I dream I'm usually not wearing them (Probably because I dislike them).

The words are blurry. Usually after I read it the words will change. It's a very good dreamsign.

silvercomet
21-06-2013, 09:12 AM
That remind me i once had a dream where i was in a city and i felt so lost because all the words shop names signpost were mirror images very confusing
But since the dream i can now write mirror writing with my left and right hand real easy normally right handed with writing just a interesting ideal that i remember when i read your post love and blessings xx