PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the thread...

Dawn
29-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Hi. I remember reading a thread here some weeks back, but can't seem to find it now (maybe it's in a different spot?).
In any case, ever since I read it, it's kept rolling around in the back of my mind.
I remember reading how someone here wrote about being in a children's park one day, watching children play, and then seeing a spirit beside a child. When the person asked about the spirit, he (I think it was a he? I feel bad that I can't remember!) was told that the spirit was actually the soul of that child, simply waiting for the 'right time' to enter into the body.
(Why can't I remember where this thread was or what the title was? If you know where this is, can you please tell me? I'd much appreciate it.)

But, in any case, this got me thinking. I've always heard that from the moment of conception, the soul is within the body and when the body is no longer able to support life, it departs. (I know I've heard of quite a few times of a person being a coma, but their soul is off, off, and elsewhere.)
Or even when we sleep and we astral project, our soul is out of our body and just journeying.
I know from experience that just because we've always heard something is one way growing up, that does not make it correct. There are always multiple paths to and from the same destination.

Now, like I said, this has been at the back of my mind, rumbling around quite a while.
I know we cannot just group everyone together in the same collection, so not everyone's expriences are the same. So, this is just working from a bit more of a loosely based way of thinking. (Mainly, for those of us who didn't immediately know what we were meant to do from a young age. Heaven knows, I had no idea until just 10 years or so back what I was meant to do in this life.)

If our soul is not within our physical form as a baby and child, how do we know about / remember our most recent past life?
How do we know when our soul enters in our body? Is there some distinctive change in our way of thinking and behavior? Is it simply not noticed at all?
How dependant is the soul on the life / existence of the physical body? (Since our soul can go out and about when we sleep, when we die, when in a coma, etc.)

And still on this line of thinking, I remember one time, talking with a dear friend of mine. We got on the subject of the day we both died. He was killed when he was out on patrol one day. He sustained lots of heavy injuries and his body was no longer able to support life. However, he said that, despite this, he tried to reenter his body several times.
This got be wondering, after reading the thread, what makes a physical form capable of holding a soul? What makes a body no longer capable of holding a soul?

I might've gotten some things wrong here. I'm still learning (lol aren't we all, though?). So any clarification, thoughts, etc. you can give on this subject (or even pointing me in the direction of the correct thread) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

SandybytheSea
30-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi Dawn :smile:
Well, what a lot of interesting topics you brought up!

First of all, the soul joining with a child at birth:
From my experience (I'm a past life regression therapist and have conducted close to 1,000 regressions) the soul hovers near the child while it is in the womb, sometimes joining it, sometimes standing back, getting used to the feel of the body and getting "in tune" with it, getting to know the parents, etc. There's also considerable references to this process in various respected psychic literature.

When does it join the body? Good question. Various indigenous peoples believe that it's a few days after birth. I believe in Indian astrology they draw the chart for a certain number of days after birth - but I could be wrong about this. Others say the soul and body join together at the moment of the first breath. Perhaps, like during the 9 months of gestation, it is the choice of the soul as to when is the ideal time. And perhaps if the soul changes its mind for any reason, it results in still birth or miscarriage. (These are just "perhapses")

One thing I recently heard that I found fascinating was from a man who had a near-death experience - he literally died and and during the first few minutes of his death, he was trying to communicate with others but no-one could hear him ... EXCEPT his baby niece who was only a few days old and had been crying non-stop since her birth. No one knew why she was crying, but she told this man that she had broken her hip during the birthing, and when he was brought back to life he immediately contacted his niece's family to tell them this, and x-rays proved he was correct. I'm not sure what that says about the soul, but it does indicate that as a newborn we're still very connected to the other realm, which is no doubt the reason babies sleep so much - probably getting last minute instructions, lol. (Or maybe wondering what on "earth" they are supposed to be doing here!)

As for our soul journeying while we sleep, yes it absolutely does. But the difference between dying and journeying is something known as the silver cord, which connects us to the physical. We can travel to the other side of the planet or even planets beyond earth while in the sleep state and the cord miraculously stretches as far as it needs to, but the moment it is severed there is no coming back. When people have near-death experiences, their cord has not been severed or they wouldn't be able to return.

You also mentioned that until 10 years ago you had no idea what you were meant to be doing. Well, for all the years before 10 years ago, you WERE doing what you were meant to be doing! You weren't meant to do what you're doing now until 10 years ago! I've discovered through many regressions (they've been my most fascinating classroom!) that there is a time for everything in our lives, and when the time is right for something, we begin to get hints, ideas, breakthroughs, etc. Prior to that, it would have been fruitless to even attempt it because we weren't ready.

That said, I realise that some people appear to go off on a tangent and seem to be wasting their lives, but there are so many complexities to karma that we can never really know if they are out of touch with their higher selves, or they are actually doing what they need to do for some reason only their soul knows. We learn as much at a soul level from doing what seems like foolish things as we do from what appears to be important things. That's why it's always best to stand back and wish them well and not try to change anyone's path.

You ask how we remember our past lives, but most of the time we're not meant to remember. It would be extremely confusing to recall our many lifetimes, and even in regressions they're often traumatic. At a soul level we certainly know everything we've done and been, but in each life we're meant to experience certain situations and challenges so we can learn from them, and knowing what or why would not help our cause at all. However most children remember their past lives (or at least their most recent one) reasonably clearly up to about the age of 5 - sad to say most parents take no notice of them when they talk about their "other mother" or how they lived in a bigger house once or had 2 brothers instead of "one stupid sister". (Lol, excerpts from some of my regressions)

Your last question was "what makes a physical form capable of holding a soul" and I think that was answered with the silver cord, but I'd also like to share something I learnt a few years ago that was a real breakthrough in explaining many anomolies I didn't understand. I highly recommend you get Michael Newton's books Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls - that's where I discovered this:

When we incarnate, we choose how much of our soul to bring into the physical life. Some may have planned for a "lightly challenging" life and bring in only 25%, 30%, etc. but some may want to deal with many karmas and need to bring 75%, 80%, 90%. What we don't bring in remains behind in the other realms, and is probably what many refer to as our higher self. Those who bring in a large percentage leave a weakened higher self behind which needs to "take it easy", while those who bring in only a small percentage leave a strong and vigorous higher self behind.

We've all known people who seem to exude energy and strength, and others who appear to be a bit airy-fairy or wispy and not quite all here, and this explains (to me, anyway) why that might be. It also answers the question I've been asked many times: "when I travelled to the other reams (through near-death / regression / meditation / dream) I met my grandfather who died 50 years ago - why hasn't he reincarnated yet?" Well, very possibly he HAS reincarnated, but the part of his soul he left behind can manifest itself the way he looked as your grandfather in order to greet you when you cross over, because while some of his soul may be currently frolicking on a beach as a young girl in this lifetime, the rest of it is still in the other realm ready to present itself to you however he chooses.

Gosh, I hope that makes sense - as I said, when I read it a light bulb went off over my head, but it still took me weeks of mulling it over and looking at different aspects of it to really appreciate how that could work.

I hope I've at least given you a few things to think about - I'm not saying I'm right about everything because all of us are like 3 year olds trying to understand advanced algebra - our little human brains just aren't capable of seeing the bigger picture! But at another level, we already know everything!

Good luck with your seeking Dawn - my philosophy is that it's the asking of questions that really matters, not getting the answers.

Dawn
03-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Sand, first off, thank you so very much for taking the time to reply and wow what a reply! Very much appreciated!

Secondly, lol you know, I read this once, went away from it, and reread it. I suppose to give myself a good chance to really think about and absorb what you said.
I do agree, we are like 3 year olds. Curious about everything, learning about everything, and no matter how much we learn, it's like one tiny piece of sand on a beach that is galaxies wide.

I find it rather interesting now that I'm thinking about it. No one around really, exactally 100% knows just why or how the soul is connected with the body. It's always interesting to hear possibilities of why and how. (And I have no idea why, right now, this has gotten my attention, but it sure has ^_^U)

Very true about the complexities of karma. It branches and webs out into so many different directions and facets, I doubt any of us will (at least any time soon) fully understand it. Then again, anything in Spirit I suppose we can say that about huh? ^_^

I do have to agree with you there. Things, for me and my spiritual path, really never started up until 10 years back. Before then I was basically just like a little kid. Even in my teens, surrounded by my classmates who wanted to drive cars and date and were interested in fashion and sex and all of that, I never was. I still played with toys, read books, played video games, and I had no interest in those other things. I mean, I passed my classes well enough, I wasn't slow or stupid in any way, I just wasn't like everyone else around me.
Even when my parents were trying to get me to drive, it was okay, but I never felt at ease behind the wheel. When I rode my bike (which for many years ended up becoming my main mode of transportation around town here) it felt right. That's where I am most comfortable at. That is my 'car'.
At the time, I think a part of me understood that, but never truly understood it. Yet, after I went through a stint of being depressed and suicidal in high school, being at my lowest point about to o.d. myself on some tylenol, there was a moment where things just changed. I still felt sad / let down / disappointed, but nothing like what I was. I just continued on, graduated high school, and a few years later, pow! Things just started falling into place and it was just 'right'. My spiritual path, meeting certain people who helped me along, etc.
After that, I knew what I was, and still am, meant to do. Before that point, I could tell you what I didn't want (what I honestly felt wasn't 'right' for me) but I didn't know what WAS right for me. I didn't know what I DID want to do. Not until it started happening, that is. As right as it probably felt for my parents and sisters all going out, getting into relationships, getting cars and babies and houses, it felt wholly right for me to be on my spiritual path, riding my bike, being single and finding my inner peace, my contentment, love from within and feeling it radiate out into the world around me.
After reading what you wrote and thinking about it, it makes total sense. I've never really been much like anyone else around me, friends or family. When things started falling into place for me, starting out on my spiritual path, using my bike as my main mode of transportation, everything was just right. I had 'found my place' as it were and it was the perfect timing for it all. Like you said, it was just the right time for it all to happen.

I can understand the fact about how we're not meant to remember out past lives. I totally get how much that can trip someone up, skew their views or feelings about things, even make them less grounded and focused in the here and now. I went through a few years of that myself. I wanted to know about my past lives, I wanted to remember them and boy, oh boy, did I. I only recalled a small handfull, and am grateful for the insight and memories I've experienced, but I do agree. The focus should be on this life, not the ones in the past.
If nothing else though, it has helped me understand a bit more about who and what I was, why I am the way I am now, and why I feel drawn to certain places, why it feels so natural and right for me to act in a humble, and courteous way, respectfully bowing. It's not me trying to act like a different culture. It's a huge chunk of who I was and who I continue to carry with me now. Those things I remembered, those sensations I felt and things I was inexplicably drawn to for years, I now understand why I'm so drawn to them.
For someone who wants to understand these things, remembering past lives can be beneficial, but, yeah, like you said, one shouldn't focus on doing that alone. They still have a life to lead here. ^_^

Your reply about what makes a body able to hold a soul is very, very interesting. I never thought about it like that before and it does sound like it makes sense.
I remember reading somewhere around here that there is no linear time in spirit. That we can exist in the physical and spirit, in the past, the present, as well as the future All at the same time. Although we're linear here on the physical plane, the spiritual planes aren't bound by those same constraints. (Sounds a bit nuts of you're just walking into this sort of conversation, however lol Yet, if you think about it, it does make perfect sense. Kind of wild, though. I know it's a really big topic to talk and think about, and this is just really really really REALLY nutshelling and watering it down.)

"Gosh, I hope that makes sense - as I said, when I read it a light bulb went off over my head, but it still took me weeks of mulling it over and looking at different aspects of it to really appreciate how that could work."
Hey, don't you worry about it at all. I know that feeling. A while back I asked about ... well I can't remember how exactally I worded it, but something along the lines of if we are all a part of God, and God is in all things, why are we here? Why do we exist? The answer I was given was, along the explaination of possible answers, one of the stories says that once, God (or whatever title you want to give it, Goddess, Spirit, Universe, Energy of the Universe, Creator of all, etc.) was alone. God, one day, became curious about itself, wondering how things would look from a different angle, and made another life. Intrigued by this and the newfound viewpoint, God continue to do this, creating new life and new life and more new life, all the while learning new things, seeing things from a completely different way, experiencing existence in new ways, on different levels, etc.
Horrible way of explaining it, I know, but that has stuck with me.
Although that explaintion clicked with me and I went 'That's right... that makes so much sense!' I honestly had trouble actually wrapping my mind around that concept after the initial 'Oh I see!' moment. After a while, I just gave up, unable to really, fully grasp the immensity of it. I kept trying to really understand what this meant on more than just the one obvious level, and lol it just got to be too much for me. I just couldn't fully understand it.

Once again, Sand, thank you so very much for taking the time and answering this for me as best you can. It is appreciated! In this realm, heh, yes, we all find our own truths and paths as best we can, all walking in our own 'right' way.

Love and Light to you Sand <3