PDA

View Full Version : My Anxiety is Keeping Me Stuck! HELP!!

Coming2
26-03-2011, 06:40 PM
I was reading the posts in this section and was so awed to see how supportive everyone is. I am really struggling right now with some serious anxiety and depression and it is keeping me spiritually disconnected. I have been on this forum for a good while but have not posted in months really because I just don't feel I have anything worth sharing. I feel I cant give feedback if I am not living it in my own life..make sense?? I am constantly fearful and my anxiety makes me feel nervous and incomplete. I have lost all connection I had with my Guide, Rowena, and I don't feel any spiritual support like I used to. For years I had a knowing that was never doubted or questioned. I still don't doubt or question, I just don't feel....ANYTHING..there is no sadness, joy and definitely no laughter. It feels like I am just going through the motions just existing. I saw a psych and they put me on a very low dose of an anti depressant but it really doesn't help. I am actually wondering if it just makes things worse. I have tried meditation to the point that I have given up, EFT, to no avail and yoga does help some, with the anxiety, but it doesn't make me smile. I don't know what I am asking here. Has anyone else ever been here?? What did you do to pull yourself out of it?? Maybe I am just asking for prayers...please...If anyone would care to do a healing I would be most open to it....
Thanks~

Enya
26-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Yep, been there, done that... :hug2:
Best advice I can give is this - be gentle with yourself. Be your own best friend. Do things which remind you of who you are, inside. Be as child-like and open as you can. Try for psycho-therapy or counselling, which will help you examine the depression/anxiety and develop coping mechanisms for it. Try to catch your mood swings and tell yourself - I will be anxious/depressed for ten minutes and then that's it! In other words, don't let the emotions rule you.

There *is* light at the end of the tunnel. Keep walking towards it. :hug2:

Silver
26-03-2011, 06:51 PM
I've been there, and I'm there sort of right now. The part about smiling. I think the answer may be to allow in your innermind, core, whatever you call it, allow the rays of light in. I know that I've been moping big time, and whether or not one has a good reason, it doesn't matter. The answer is that when I encounter people, no matter where, they just might cheer you up without notice or warning. A sort of surprised by joy thing. Two incidents that happened to me within the past 2 weeks. I went to the dentist, he's new, and he was joking around with me and it really made me smile. Then, the other day I was shoppingin walmart and sat down to look at a magazine at the waiting section of the pharmacy. The only place open was a bench where an old man and his wife were sitting. They both had shocking white hair and he had a beard. They were thin and sort of reminded me of dancers. She was sitting in the motorized shopping cart with her head down on her arms. He came down and sat on the bench next to me, she said something to him and we exchanged brief comments and I smiled. She told me I had such a nice smile, and we joked around about some stuff. It really lifted my heart and spirits to see and interact with them. I have my best friend in the hospital, probably dying, the one who called me every single day after Sean, my son, passed a year ago. I am sure you have 100% justifiable reasons for feeling as sad as you do. Nobody really has to justify we feel how we feel. I just want to say to you that I care about you.

Coming2
26-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Silver thank you so much for your feedback and support. I am truly sorry to hear about your friends health and I will definitely say some prayers for them.

Its funny, as I was reading your story about the two encounters you had I did smile because I could sense the joy that gave you. I miss finding the joy in the little things. God knows I am trying but it seems so foreign to me right now. A year ago I was an outgoing, social and very active and pro active person in my own life and now I barely go out of the house. I have put on weight and I am always afraid of everything. I dont know the solution right now but I feel that reaching out is the only way I will recover. Thanks again for your kind words...they mean more than you know Silver...

Coming2
26-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Enya!! you are the second person who has told me that!! I go to AA meetings, have done so for many, many years, and my sponsor told me that I was only allowed to be depressed or sad for 10 minutes a day!! lol....Gosh if it was that easy....I will give a go though...you just re-enforced what she said. Thanks...

BlueSky
26-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi Coming2,
You might want to try volunteer work. Focusing on others makes us feel awesome.
Just a suggestion................
James

Ciqala
26-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Sending lots of healing light your way Coming2 :) High frequency light to light your way, to heal you, and allow your spirit guides to come in.

What i did to get through anxiety and depression and my spiritual block, was i gave up my control and allowed the higher powers to lead my way.
No matter how blocked i was, i still prayed every day for help from the higher powers and my spirit guides. Times i heard nothing, at times i received nothing and felt very disappointed, but i communicated with them anyways. You just have to keep striving forward no matter what.
I woke up every morning and did a quick gratitude ceremony. Obviously for the first while i wasn't feeling it, but i did this anyways. I prayed and said thank you for lending me the strength to get through this. I tried to be thankful for every thing i could see.
Every time I had anxiety i faced it and told myself it wasn't real. I then let it go, and gave it to my spirit guides to handle. I began to comprehend every negative thought and aspect of myself, as "i did not need it" so i released it and "gave it to the higher powers". I gave every worry to them to look after, and freed myself.

I did a lot of cleansing.
I began working on positive affirmations. Whatever this did, it brought me to the realization one day, that i had the power to change, and be different, that the truth was, my depression and anxiety were not labels, they were not truly part of me, doing all this work, led me to realize how easy it was to just release everything that was not me. We are pure souls naturally. I overcame many things. And i just made the decision to change, and prayed. Over time, more and more realizations were sent to me by my higher powers.
AA was of big help to me, the steps followed in order are no doubt, miraculous. You just really have to follow them honestly, truthfully, and take your time on the steps.
But just keep praying to your loving higher powers and spirit guides. If you have any beliefs that are unloving, throw them out the window and change them to be loving. For example, a belief could be "i can't do this". That is a belief. You must find a loving higher power, they say that in AA, but this includes all beliefs that you live by. You can analyze where they come from just to see, for example, some beliefs are just brainwashed onto us from our upbringings or society.
Pray for transformation, and it will come eventually.
During my own recovery my spirit guides, as my spirituality began coming back, told me to carry around Moldavite, the transformation stone, which helped me wondrously.
Mostly, the power of the mind is greatly disregarded. Ask your higher power for power if you have none. You can achieve and recover from anything, if you believe you can.

Enya
26-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Enya!! you are the second person who has told me that!! I go to AA meetings, have done so for many, many years, and my sponsor told me that I was only allowed to be depressed or sad for 10 minutes a day!! lol....Gosh if it was that easy....I will give a go though...you just re-enforced what she said. Thanks...

:hug2: Small steps...

Coming2
27-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Gosh I feel like I have found a whole new set of recovering friends!! How awesome is that!!

I agree Shaman...anytime I am outside of myself I feel better about my life and I find huge amounts of gratitude for all the little things. Thanks for reminding me of that!!

Ciqala your post really moved me, thank you. You are the second person to mention the gratitude list so I will start one tonight and then in the morning and evening before bed every day. Prayer is really what I struggle with. It seems the best I can do is the Lords Prayer at meetings right now. I feel alot of that comes from shame. Like I told Enya, God gave me gifts and I basically said I didnt want them. Now I am swimming upstream feeling very much alone. You affirmed my need to start doing affirmations again so thanks for that. This evening I am going to make some and put them on my bathroom mirror.

I am just so grateful to all of you who have responded to my post. I shared that I was afraid to post more so because I thought I would get no response. I have just been so moved by all the wonderful words of encouragement and PM's I have gotten. It is nice to know that there are people in this world who are willing to take time to reach out to someone in need. God Bless you All!!

Spiritlite
28-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, had panice attacks since I was five so I know how you feel. what helps me is to let go and let god, I put my anxiety in the laps of my god and angels.
Of course I will send you good vibes and prayers.
Spiritlite.

Sangraal
29-03-2011, 10:46 AM
hi Coming2 - thank you for your post - you have given us a gift - reminding us of being human and loosing our way...

yes we all have to deal with and face our fears - anxiety is a manifestation of fears...

we have many...

your story is real...

your spiritual guides never leave you - you just become overwhelmed by distraction and this shuts down the frequency or vibration with which our spirit requires to stay in touch with us on a conscious level...

you mention the psych or shrink has given you a mild dose of anti-depressent - and you also state you don't think they are helping - given the nature of these medications I don't doubt you at all...

when the heart and mind attempt to make a connection brain chemistry pills designed to interfear with this connection get in the way often no matter what the dose is...

it will be up to you to work this out...

don't listen to me only you can know what is right or what works for you...

for anxieties I can suggest meta-breathing...

you have two arteries that run from your brain to your gut - they are known as the vegas arteries...

when you set aside some time to practice this technique and have mastered it - you can use it when ever you feel anxious about anything...

first get yourself comfortable...

breath in through nose filling your diaphram up like a baloon...

as you do this slightly restrict inflow so you are making a soft sucking sound...

when you have filled your diaphram hold 3 counts then exhale through your mouth once again restricting airflow and exhaling much longer than it took you to inhale...

this is when the vegas arteries are activated and they trigger your natural chemical factory in your brain to provide you with calming agents as well as keeping you alert... (like cigarettes do for addicts)

do this several times until you get the hang of it then when ever you need to on call when anxieties kick in...

let me know if this works or not...

you can't loose by trying you never know it could make all the difference or not ... lol

go well coming2 go well...

:)

Sangraal

Angel247
29-03-2011, 11:41 PM
I have anxiety and depression problems as well. I experience them as stages. Sometimes I feel I can get over one in a few days and sometimes it can be months. I think that these stages have reasons for showing up, like unresolved feelings coming to the surface to be healed. Every stage has bought me closer to becoming the kind of spiritual being I want to be. So everytime you hit those hard times, remember, it's probably happening for a reason. Do some soul searching and you will always find the answers!
I wish you peace and prosperity. And remember, you are never alone!:wink:

Gerryh
30-03-2011, 04:32 AM
What do you think is the root cause of your anxiety?
What is your biggest challenge in this regard?
If you don't do something about it will it get worse?
Lastly how would you like things to be?Answer those and you will feel much better.
Best wishes Gerry

HBuck72
30-03-2011, 04:53 PM
My advice would be to try and focus on the positive aspects of your life. Often times depression is a symptom of focusing on the negative attributes, even if you are not consciously focusing on them.

Perhaps you could do a meditiation where you focus on your childhood, and work your way to the present. When you encounter negative images, simply release them and forgive yourself or whomever hurt you. try to accept and embrace the happy memories. The more often you do this the more positive the exercise will become, and since you have released the negativity it will lose its power over you.

I have written extensively on these topics on my blog, but i guess I can't post the link because I am still a newbie ;)

Love yourself and take care of yourself.