PDA

View Full Version : Why are the saints allways suffering?

Pritalananda
26-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Some great souls come on earth with dissabilties. Like Saints in the Christian or hindu traditions. It is like doing tapas (austerities). They take karma from other people with their sufferings. Some spiritual masters take all of one go like Jesus healing people during three years and suffering during one day until the cross.
Others masters take the karma of people and suffer for this every time they do it. I saw it many times bySwami Vishwananda after he gave Darshan.

ROM
26-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't believe anyone can take another man's karma, and people who come into the world with disabilities might have chosen to before incarnating for whatever reason.

Miss Hepburn
26-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't believe anyone can take another man's karma, and people who come into the world with disabilities might have chosen to before incarnating for whatever reason.
Pritalananda - welcome. :hug3:

I think I may tend to feel as ROM does.
Though, I really don't presume to know, naturally - does a guru, yogi, swami, faith healer actually take on
another's sickness in the healing of that illness? I never have.

I don't believe they have to. Logically to me
if an illness "has" to "go" somewhere - why take it on themselves?
Do you see a reason?
It is said Jesus put demons into some swine --(though, Jesus speaking to James E. Padgett in 1914 said
that was preposterous - he would never do that to a creature.)

Your topic title suggesting saints "always suffer" is in itself faulty, with no disrespect.

Glad you are here.
:hug2: Miss Hepburn

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOid5YTcpxk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOid5YTcpxk)
Swami Vishwananda short...

Triner
27-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Why do you think they're suffering? Do they think they're suffering? Or do you?

They may not look upon what they're doing as bringing on suffering. They may look at it as joyfully bringing them closer to God.