PDA

View Full Version : The Power of TRUST

Simon Karlos
24-03-2011, 07:22 PM
The spiritual path is one in which one makes monumental discoveries about the self; discoveries that forever change how life is seen through the lens of perception. Questions such as "Who am I?" and "What is my true purpose?" become increasingly revelant to the conscious seeker of Truth. Some may test-drive many practices and many faiths in order to find their way, their sense of belonging, while others find that they enjoy having no clearly defined path at all, rather perceiving that the inner essence of all religious and spiritual faiths is the same. Fewer still have gleaned that everyone, all persons, are on a spiritual path, and that whether one is consciously aware of this or not is irrelevant to the fact. For everyone, however, no matter what their beliefs may be in regards to that which may be called "spiritual," there is a major human lesson that is at the heart of every decision, and that is the lesson of TRUST.

At the the root of the power of trust is the power of attention, focus. This is also called the power of choice, the power of decision. This is such a tremendous power that is often overlooked, even by many who have declared themselves to be spiritual. The power of attention abides by the law of perception (which many know as the "law of attraction"), and this law of mind is unwavering in its equality for everyone and all things. No one can escape the effects of his own mind, his own consciousness, while holding his attention upon anything and therefore making a choice to focus on that particular thing, even if largely unaware that he is doing this as his attention is held upon a subject. He could be watching something on the news, listening to a friend in a conversation, or even daydreaming or thinking about something that happened, is happening or will happen, as far as he interprets the events of his life. As his attention is held upon a subject, he is allowing energy to flow through him and literally create the very thing that he is focused upon and may believe to be objective to him. Even if he is fairly aware of this law of perception, there is a far subtler aspect of this law that may escape his attention, and that is the constant perpetual creation of his personal reality, whether he is "consciously" and deliberately focused on it or not. He could be fast asleep and there would still appear within his personal reality to be a physical world, although he is not consciously thinking about it. He may be "lost in a dream" or in deep, dreamless sleep, unaware on a personality level of his personal physical existence. His bed doesn't suddenly vanish from under him when he falls asleep at night! Why doesn't it? His personal reality is really not created and maintained from his "conscious" waking state personality, but rather from his Higher Mind or Higher Self, which is the organizer or manager of his beliefs and manifestations.

Our man in this example goes to sleep and awakens each morning with a basic level of trust that his world will still exist when he returns to it from sleep. And so there is a primal sense of trust that he has known since birth (and even before), that his physical existence is somehow supported and maintained by some invisible force that even he doesn't normally think about or question--yet it is there. Almost no one ever questions whether his world will "be there" for him upon awakening. It is simply taken for granted that it will be, and rightfully so. He doesn't have to believe in a personal or impersonal God, or have any clearly defined "spiritual" beliefs. The fact remains that there is a basic level of trust and faith that he operates by on a daily basis, 24/7, in sleep and during the day. He may even cheat himself with pseudo-spiritual talk such as, "The only thing I know for certain is that nothing is certain," which is a popular cliche copied directly from pop culture. He DOES know certain basic things for certain, and one of them is that he exists. That cannot truly be denied by anyone, for to deny it is to prove that you DO exist, for it takes someone to exist in order to be able to "deny" it.

"I exist." "I am." This a basic level of trust inherent in all of creation. All things, even a subatomic particle, has a FELT-SENSE of existence, of I AM-ness. It doesn't have to have the mind of a philosopher and come up with backwards philosophies such as "I think, therefore I am." You are not "thinking" during dreamless sleep (that is, as the "you" that you most identify with as your waking-state personality), but yet your physical body doesn't cease to exist when you are in this state of consciousness (or "unconsciousness" one may call it). Someone can be awake watching over your physical body while you are deep asleep in dreamless sleep (and this "someone" is your "Higher Self," but let's suppose a friend or spouse is watching your body), and it will still appear to "be there." There is an inborn intuitive sense that the body is taken care of while you rest. That is a basic level of trust. One may inquire "Who am I?" and even state that his physical existence is an illusion--and he would be right--but there is still an apparent "I" that can question its existence and make such a statement. You can conceptually strip away the body identity, its world, and its beliefs, and arrive at a pure sense of "I" or "I AM," and yet you cannot truly deny that you are aware of your existence.

One may say, "But I may die in my sleep," or "I cannot be certain that I will be here a week from now," but these are just false denials of one's own innate sense of existence. Existence simply IS, and it exists forever NOW, and there's no use in harboring such unproductive "what-if" thoughts, because the fact is that you have lived your entire life up to this point with a basic level of intuitive trust that your existence would continue--and it has always proved to be so. You went to sleep, awoke, and there "you" are. The "you" that you and others perceive is not the pure "I AM" that knows that it exists, but nevertheless the sense of being alive has always been with you for as long as you can remember. This is trust. This is your power. You are certainly free to imagine yourself to "be" whoever and whatever you want to be, using whatever labels you feel comfortable or uncomfortable with, but there is still a naked sense of "I" that observes these choices without judgment. This Pure I AM is your Higher Self, and it can also be said to be beyond the personal Higher Self, stretching to an Impersonal I AM. You can awaken to this pure sense of Being in meditation. (Remember, it takes "being" or "existence" in order to declare "non-existence," therefore contemplating non-existence is silly, unless if by "non-existence" you clearly mean Non-physical Reality.)

Where you place for attention and sustained focus is where you place your trust. If your sense of trust (your predominant focus) is on "me" and "you," "us" and "them," "mine" and "yours," then your consciousness is still weighed down by the gravity of mass human consciousness, and you are perpetuating the illusion of suffering and separation, to whatever degree. This is not a judgment, for the author here is too transcending this consciousness on the one hand, and on the other is acting through an inspired sense of sharing concepts which some may find beneficial to their own personal awakening from the dream of the "little I." Any concepts that you may find useful through resonating with them, use them. Any concepts that you disagree with in any way you can simply disregard and not find disharmony with in your mind. For all here are precious and valued as such by the consciousness that flows through these words, however distorted the concepts may be through the human vessel. You are loved unconditionally, regardless of differences in perception, and you can trust that this is so. :smile:

You are asked here not to trust in WORDS nor in any "messenger," but to trust in the eternal validity of your soul. You know that you are worthy of your beliefs, and that your beliefs are valid to your own experience. You are so advanced in your understanding that you KNOW in your heart that it really doesn't even matter what "others" may think, because you have your own beliefs that you are comfortable with that work for you. You may be one who says, "I don't have beliefs," or "I don't have spiritual beliefs," but respectfully we (and I) find this laughable, because a belief is just a thought, and no human can exist as a human without having thoughts. We know of no master who has ever achieved this as a constant state! Even your personal Higher Self has thoughts, although only loving ones. So, just like the I AM knowingness that you have, you also know intuitively that thought is absolutely vital to your human experience, for this too is an aspect of trust. It is worth contemplating as often as you can in your experience that you are worthy of your ability to think and formulate thought processes and decisions. If you question anything, try questioning if your thoughts feel "worthy" of YOU. Meaning, "Are my thoughts flowing in alignment with my pure sense of Being, of existence, or are my thoughts rebelling against Who and What I AM?" YOUR spiritual worthiness is never in question, and in fact there is no such thing. You are Spirit (however you define it), and you are never unworthy of your own Spirit-u-al nature, for "spiritual" means "Spirit-you-all." You are ALL Spirit! We ask you for a time to permit yourselves to forget about differences in beliefs, and join in this FELT-SENSE of brotherhood/sisterhood/unity that you have co-created in this beautiful forum of yours and ours. Who are "we?" We are YOU, projected into a form and message that speaks not to the intellect but to your I AM-ness. "We" is simply another illusion, but one that is used by this consciousness to convey a sense of community, for it is a sense of collectiveness (or collective reality) that your world seems to abide by. Old divisions are melting, o humanity! This you cannot escape. Trust in your sense of Who-You-Are, and however you define "you" is perfectly fine and ever-changing. Be at ease. We end this message in honoring You. :color:

Orbie
24-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi, just wondering who is the we you refer to?

Simon Karlos
24-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi, just wondering who is the we you refer to?

Who are "we?" We are YOU, projected into a form and message that speaks not to the intellect but to your I AM-ness.

"We" is my Higher Self in conjunction with what some may call Christ Consciousness, representing the "higher collective human consciousness." :color:

Orbie
25-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Ah.... :icon_eek: :redface: bugger as we say in the UK when expressing something we cant put words to....:wink: .... ok, next time keep it shorter so it matches my concentration span, plus another excuse - I've started a cold .... **** yeah it was too long for me, I did my best, I tried to keep up, but hey problem solved thanks!!!:D

Simon Karlos
28-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Ah.... :icon_eek: :redface: bugger as we say in the UK when expressing something we cant put words to....:wink: .... ok, next time keep it shorter so it matches my concentration span, plus another excuse - I've started a cold .... **** yeah it was too long for me, I did my best, I tried to keep up, but hey problem solved thanks!!!:D

Deep appreciation, Orbie! Very welcome.

Spiritlite
28-03-2011, 02:48 PM
beautiful post, trust is so awesome and powerful.
Spiritlite

BlueSky
28-03-2011, 03:04 PM
The spiritual path is one in which one makes monumental discoveries about the self; discoveries that forever change how life is seen through the lens of perception. Questions such as "Who am I?" and "What is my true purpose?" become increasingly revelant to the conscious seeker of Truth. Some may test-drive many practices and many faiths in order to find their way, their sense of belonging, while others find that they enjoy having no clearly defined path at all, rather perceiving that the inner essence of all religious and spiritual faiths is the same. Fewer still have gleaned that everyone, all persons, are on a spiritual path, and that whether one is consciously aware of this or not is irrelevant to the fact. For everyone, however, no matter what their beliefs may be in regards to that which may be called "spiritual," there is a major human lesson that is at the heart of every decision, and that is the lesson of TRUST.

At the the root of the power of trust is the power of attention, focus. This is also called the power of choice, the power of decision. This is such a tremendous power that is often overlooked, even by many who have declared themselves to be spiritual. The power of attention abides by the law of perception (which many know as the "law of attraction"), and this law of mind is unwavering in its equality for everyone and all things. No one can escape the effects of his own mind, his own consciousness, while holding his attention upon anything and therefore making a choice to focus on that particular thing, even if largely unaware that he is doing this as his attention is held upon a subject. He could be watching something on the news, listening to a friend in a conversation, or even daydreaming or thinking about something that happened, is happening or will happen, as far as he interprets the events of his life. As his attention is held upon a subject, he is allowing energy to flow through him and literally create the very thing that he is focused upon and may believe to be objective to him. Even if he is fairly aware of this law of perception, there is a far subtler aspect of this law that may escape his attention, and that is the constant perpetual creation of his personal reality, whether he is "consciously" and deliberately focused on it or not. He could be fast asleep and there would still appear within his personal reality to be a physical world, although he is not consciously thinking about it. He may be "lost in a dream" or in deep, dreamless sleep, unaware on a personality level of his personal physical existence. His bed doesn't suddenly vanish from under him when he falls asleep at night! Why doesn't it? His personal reality is really not created and maintained from his "conscious" waking state personality, but rather from his Higher Mind or Higher Self, which is the organizer or manager of his beliefs and manifestations.

Our man in this example goes to sleep and awakens each morning with a basic level of trust that his world will still exist when he returns to it from sleep. And so there is a primal sense of trust that he has known since birth (and even before), that his physical existence is somehow supported and maintained by some invisible force that even he doesn't normally think about or question--yet it is there. Almost no one ever questions whether his world will "be there" for him upon awakening. It is simply taken for granted that it will be, and rightfully so. He doesn't have to believe in a personal or impersonal God, or have any clearly defined "spiritual" beliefs. The fact remains that there is a basic level of trust and faith that he operates by on a daily basis, 24/7, in sleep and during the day. He may even cheat himself with pseudo-spiritual talk such as, "The only thing I know for certain is that nothing is certain," which is a popular cliche copied directly from pop culture. He DOES know certain basic things for certain, and one of them is that he exists. That cannot truly be denied by anyone, for to deny it is to prove that you DO exist, for it takes someone to exist in order to be able to "deny" it.

"I exist." "I am." This a basic level of trust inherent in all of creation. All things, even a subatomic particle, has a FELT-SENSE of existence, of I AM-ness. It doesn't have to have the mind of a philosopher and come up with backwards philosophies such as "I think, therefore I am." You are not "thinking" during dreamless sleep (that is, as the "you" that you most identify with as your waking-state personality), but yet your physical body doesn't cease to exist when you are in this state of consciousness (or "unconsciousness" one may call it). Someone can be awake watching over your physical body while you are deep asleep in dreamless sleep (and this "someone" is your "Higher Self," but let's suppose a friend or spouse is watching your body), and it will still appear to "be there." There is an inborn intuitive sense that the body is taken care of while you rest. That is a basic level of trust. One may inquire "Who am I?" and even state that his physical existence is an illusion--and he would be right--but there is still an apparent "I" that can question its existence and make such a statement. You can conceptually strip away the body identity, its world, and its beliefs, and arrive at a pure sense of "I" or "I AM," and yet you cannot truly deny that you are aware of your existence.

One may say, "But I may die in my sleep," or "I cannot be certain that I will be here a week from now," but these are just false denials of one's own innate sense of existence. Existence simply IS, and it exists forever NOW, and there's no use in harboring such unproductive "what-if" thoughts, because the fact is that you have lived your entire life up to this point with a basic level of intuitive trust that your existence would continue--and it has always proved to be so. You went to sleep, awoke, and there "you" are. The "you" that you and others perceive is not the pure "I AM" that knows that it exists, but nevertheless the sense of being alive has always been with you for as long as you can remember. This is trust. This is your power. You are certainly free to imagine yourself to "be" whoever and whatever you want to be, using whatever labels you feel comfortable or uncomfortable with, but there is still a naked sense of "I" that observes these choices without judgment. This Pure I AM is your Higher Self, and it can also be said to be beyond the personal Higher Self, stretching to an Impersonal I AM. You can awaken to this pure sense of Being in meditation. (Remember, it takes "being" or "existence" in order to declare "non-existence," therefore contemplating non-existence is silly, unless if by "non-existence" you clearly mean Non-physical Reality.)

Where you place for attention and sustained focus is where you place your trust. If your sense of trust (your predominant focus) is on "me" and "you," "us" and "them," "mine" and "yours," then your consciousness is still weighed down by the gravity of mass human consciousness, and you are perpetuating the illusion of suffering and separation, to whatever degree. This is not a judgment, for the author here is too transcending this consciousness on the one hand, and on the other is acting through an inspired sense of sharing concepts which some may find beneficial to their own personal awakening from the dream of the "little I." Any concepts that you may find useful through resonating with them, use them. Any concepts that you disagree with in any way you can simply disregard and not find disharmony with in your mind. For all here are precious and valued as such by the consciousness that flows through these words, however distorted the concepts may be through the human vessel. You are loved unconditionally, regardless of differences in perception, and you can trust that this is so. :smile:

You are asked here not to trust in WORDS nor in any "messenger," but to trust in the eternal validity of your soul. You know that you are worthy of your beliefs, and that your beliefs are valid to your own experience. You are so advanced in your understanding that you KNOW in your heart that it really doesn't even matter what "others" may think, because you have your own beliefs that you are comfortable with that work for you. You may be one who says, "I don't have beliefs," or "I don't have spiritual beliefs," but respectfully we (and I) find this laughable, because a belief is just a thought, and no human can exist as a human without having thoughts. We know of no master who has ever achieved this as a constant state! Even your personal Higher Self has thoughts, although only loving ones. So, just like the I AM knowingness that you have, you also know intuitively that thought is absolutely vital to your human experience, for this too is an aspect of trust. It is worth contemplating as often as you can in your experience that you are worthy of your ability to think and formulate thought processes and decisions. If you question anything, try questioning if your thoughts feel "worthy" of YOU. Meaning, "Are my thoughts flowing in alignment with my pure sense of Being, of existence, or are my thoughts rebelling against Who and What I AM?" YOUR spiritual worthiness is never in question, and in fact there is no such thing. You are Spirit (however you define it), and you are never unworthy of your own Spirit-u-al nature, for "spiritual" means "Spirit-you-all." You are ALL Spirit! We ask you for a time to permit yourselves to forget about differences in beliefs, and join in this FELT-SENSE of brotherhood/sisterhood/unity that you have co-created in this beautiful forum of yours and ours. Who are "we?" We are YOU, projected into a form and message that speaks not to the intellect but to your I AM-ness. "We" is simply another illusion, but one that is used by this consciousness to convey a sense of community, for it is a sense of collectiveness (or collective reality) that your world seems to abide by. Old divisions are melting, o humanity! This you cannot escape. Trust in your sense of Who-You-Are, and however you define "you" is perfectly fine and ever-changing. Be at ease. We end this message in honoring You. :color:

What resonated with me in the first part is yes we must not have to be consciously creating to create. If so, I have failed because I find that I cannot make myself be present or consciously aware of what I am doing for very long.
I also liked what I think you were saying that unconsciously we go to bed trusting that we will wake up. Nice.
I also like how you said that we can trust that we are loved unconditionally regardless of our differences of perception.
Very nice post Imo and I honor you and your energy of humility and oneness and respect for all aspects of spirituality as comes across in your eloquent words.
Blessings, James :smile:

Internal Queries
28-03-2011, 03:05 PM
i have an excellent imagination so i don't trust myself to be able to discern what is real and what is delusion. i tend to take it for granted that whatever i imagine i'm perceiving is skewed by my desires, fears and predjudices. i don't trust anything that goes on in my head and it's a frustrating conundrum since all i have are my perceptions.

Gracey
28-03-2011, 03:16 PM
great read, thanks for sharing.

Simon Karlos
28-03-2011, 03:22 PM
beautiful post, trust is so awesome and powerful.
Spiritlite

Deep appreciation, my friend. :wink: Bless you.

Simon Karlos
28-03-2011, 03:24 PM
great read, thanks for sharing.

Hi Gracey! You are very welcome, my sister. Thanks for sharing here, and I really dig that Hazrat quote too! Very wise teacher.

Simon Karlos
28-03-2011, 03:31 PM
What resonated with me in the first part is yes we must not have to be consciously creating to create. If so, I have failed because I find that I cannot make myself be present or consciously aware of what I am doing for very long.
I also liked what I think you were saying that unconsciously we go to bed trusting that we will wake up. Nice.
I also like how you said that we can trust that we are loved unconditionally regardless of our differences of perception.
Very nice post Imo and I honor you and your energy of humility and oneness and respect for all aspects of spirituality as comes across in your eloquent words.
Blessings, James :smile:

Great to see you again, as always, James! This particular message was written as a bridge to a "pure non-dualistic" school of thought, singling out certain basic ideas about the nature of trust as expressed in human consciousness. Deep appreciation, brother. :smile:

clovelly
28-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks Simon, you have described trust so eloquently, and it is all something we must learn in our lives. :hug:

Internal Queries
28-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks Simon, you have described trust so eloquently, and it is all something we must learn in our lives. :hug:

how do you "learn" to trust? trust is like faith. it's not something one can manufacture at will. one either feels it or one doesn't.

help me out here because i don't trust myself and so i don't trust much of anything, aside from stuff like tides rise and ebb with the phases of the moon and the earth will turn upon axis giving the appearence that the sun rises and sets.

Simon Karlos
28-03-2011, 03:40 PM
i have an excellent imagination so i don't trust myself to be able to discern what is real and what is delusion. i tend to take it for granted that whatever i imagine i'm perceiving is skewed by my desires, fears and predjudices. i don't trust anything that goes on in my head and it's a frustrating conundrum since all i have are my perceptions.

Hi IQ! An excellent imagination is a great teacher, companion and bridge which, along with trust, can help one transcend perception. Awesome. :color:

Internal Queries
28-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi IQ! An excellent imagination is a great teacher, companion and bridge which, along with trust, can help one transcend perception. Awesome. :color:

yeah i enjoy may imagination (most of the time) but ... i don't trust. **sigh** i envy you trusting people. i imagine my inabilty to trust is a major stumbling for me and besides that ... it causes me frustration and not a little sadness.

clovelly
28-03-2011, 04:10 PM
how do you "learn" to trust? trust is like faith. it's not something one can manufacture at will. one either feels it or one doesn't.

help me out here because i don't trust myself and so i don't trust much of anything, aside from stuff like tides rise and ebb with the phases of the moon and the earth will turn upon axis giving the appearence that the sun rises and sets.

:rolleyes: .....'learn' was the wrong word, it's late and I should be going to bed.

Your so right, trust is like faith (both the same?) & I think that we gain these attributes when we do reconnect with our spirit, even if it's only for a fleeting moment.

I, like most people have the same problem as you, trusting myself, but Simon words are a beautiful affirmation when dis-trust enters the mind: Trust in your sense of Who-You-Are, and however you define "you" is perfectly fine and ever-changing.

Good night :hug: xxx

Simon Karlos
28-03-2011, 05:21 PM
yeah i enjoy may imagination (most of the time) but ... i don't trust. **sigh** i envy you trusting people. i imagine my inabilty to trust is a major stumbling for me and besides that ... it causes me frustration and not a little sadness.

Ah, my good friend, it is not "people" that I trust, but in the True Nature of people, which can only come when I trust the True Nature in myself. It seems to me that you have a powerful sense of trust, spiritually speaking. :hug2:

Internal Queries
28-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Ah, my good friend, it is not "people" that I trust, but in the True Nature of people, which can only come when I trust the True Nature in myself. It seems to me that you have a powerful sense of trust, spiritually speaking. :hug2:

(((hugs))) and lol when i used the term "trusting people" i meant folks like you who are able to trust in such concepts as "True Nature". it's likely you trust my "True Nature" more than i do since all my self concepts are suspect as far as i'm concerned. all my spiritual concepts seem self serving to me. no matter how altruistic the concept i conjure i always manage to find a kernal of selfishness hidden within it. how can i trust someOne so self deceiving as i am?

Simon Karlos
28-03-2011, 06:38 PM
(((hugs))) and lol when i used the term "trusting people" i meant folks like you who are able to trust in such concepts as "True Nature". it's likely you trust my "True Nature" more than i do since all my self concepts are suspect as far as i'm concerned. all my spiritual concepts seem self serving to me. no matter how altruistic the concept i conjure i always manage to find a kernal of selfishness hidden within it. how can i trust someOne so self deceiving as i am?

Well, there's the "self" an then there's the Self, that Transcendental Reality that is unconditionally loving, that can be felt and known intuitively. It is the latter that I am interested in, and where I ultimately choose to return my awareness to when it strays. The Self (AKA True Self or True Nature) that I speak of here is experienced deeply as a FELT-SENSE of well-being and oneness, to put it into words, and it so being "Self-ish" in this sense is natural, healthy and all-inclusive, because no one is left out of my heart, you see. This is the nature of compassion. It has nothing to do with any teachings, beliefs, people, things, etc., and yet it leaves nothing and no one out of its embrace. I like the Mother Teresa quote where she said, "Compassion has nothing to do with religion." Even the Pope doesn't accept this, but Mother Teresa did, because her awareness and sense of being of loving service transcended man-made belief systems.

It is good to suspect one's own beliefs systems and motives for awhile, so as to go deeper to their root cause, the core beliefs behind them. And it is quite possible for one to do this, if desired, and with self-love and grace at the same time. As long as one makes trust about "others" in any way, that person is missing the point of what trust is about. It is about self-love, period. Not even meditation is superior to self-love (but if one is truly loving and graceful in their meditation, then meditation becomes an expression of self-love).

As I mentioned in my previous message, I am not trusting people (and this includes "Simon"). People are projections of consciousness, and not where trust should be aimed at. Trust is intended for the very Source. If anything, one can simply see it as trusting in their own inner sense of well-being. It is actually so very simple, and with consistent practice it is seen to be "easy," because it really is. Being loving is our True Nature. Every person ever born has proved that the minute they exited their mother's womb. All babies are loving and without judgment. This is an obvious fact. "Be like a newborn baby," I say. :color:

Internal Queries
28-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Well, there's the "self" an then there's the Self, that Transcendental Reality that is unconditionally loving, that can be felt and known intuitively. It is the latter that I am interested in, and where I ultimately choose to return my awareness to when it strays. The Self (AKA True Self or True Nature) that I speak of here is experienced deeply as a FELT-SENSE of well-being and oneness, to put it into words, and it so being "Self-ish" in this sense is natural, healthy and all-inclusive, because no one is left out of my heart, you see. This is the nature of compassion. It has nothing to do with any teachings, beliefs, people, things, etc., and yet it leaves nothing and no one out of its embrace. I like the Mother Teresa quote where she said, "Compassion has nothing to do with religion." Even the Pope doesn't accept this, but Mother Teresa did, because her awareness and sense of being of loving service transcended man-made belief systems.

It is good to suspect one's own beliefs systems and motives for awhile, so as to go deeper to their root cause, the core beliefs behind them. And it is quite possible for one to do this, if desired, and with self-love and grace at the same time. As long as one makes trust about "others" in any way, that person is missing the point of what trust is about. It is about self-love, period. Not even meditation is superior to self-love (but if one is truly loving and graceful in their meditation, then meditation becomes an expression of self-love).

As I mentioned in my previous message, I am not trusting people (and this includes "Simon"). People are projections of consciousness, and not where trust should be aimed at. Trust is intended for the very Source. If anything, one can simply see it as trusting in their own inner sense of well-being. It is actually so very simple, and with consistent practice it is seen to be "easy," because it really is. Being loving is our True Nature. Every person ever born has proved that the minute they exited their mother's womb. All babies are loving and without judgment. This is an obvious fact. "Be like a newborn baby," I say. :color:

ah! i think i've had a bit of an epiphany. "self-love". "trusting in their own inner sense of well being". these concepts require context. due to my upbringing i don't have much context for feelings such as "trust", "self-love" and "well being". even when i stumble upon "the Source" i'm be so mistrustful of my perceptions of "the Source" that i don't believe in It. i consider It to be some mind trick i'm playing on myself, some imaginary thing i'm conjuring to make my selfish self feel better about myself.

gee ... what "should" be simple is a convoluted maze for me. lol

BlueSky
28-03-2011, 07:55 PM
ah! i think i've had a bit of an epiphany. "self-love". "trusting in their own inner sense of well being". these concepts require context. due to my upbringing i don't have much context for feelings such as "trust", "self-love" and "well being". even when i stumble upon "the Source" i'm be so mistrustful of my perceptions of "the Source" that i don't believe in It. i consider It to be some mind trick i'm playing on myself, some imaginary thing i'm conjuring to make my selfish self feel better about myself.

gee ... what "should" be simple is a convoluted maze for me. lol

We have no enemies..............:smile: No one is trying to trick us and we are not trying to trick ourselves............

Simon Karlos
29-03-2011, 02:08 PM
due to my upbringing i don't have much context for feelings such as "trust", "self-love" and "well being". even when i stumble upon "the Source" i'm be so mistrustful of my perceptions of "the Source" that i don't believe in It. i consider It to be some mind trick i'm playing on myself, some imaginary thing i'm conjuring to make my selfish self feel better about myself.

I hear you. :smile: A simple test is this: If it genuinely FEELS GOOD in the connection, then that is the only thing that really matters, and you can know that in that time you are in alignment with your Inner Being. Know that you have the power to choose clarity and well-being over confusion, in any moment that you remember this, and know that self-love/self-appreciation cannot be touched by the ego/intellect and its self-doubts. Loving oneself is an act of faith that transcends fear and doubt.

Your upbringing is past tense, and doesn't matter at all when it comes to how you choose to feel now. You know your thoughts very well, and you can FEELINGLY tell the difference between a belief that denies your well-being and one that positively affirms it, and go from there. :color:

Gem
30-03-2011, 01:39 AM
I think it is plain tgo see that a person's past and upbringing actually does greatly influence the way the feel about things. I think it is so often that the proposed ideal ignores the very simplest of observations.

Gem
30-03-2011, 01:42 AM
We have no enemies..............:smile: No one is trying to trick us and we are not trying to trick ourselves............

Again, people are out there manipulating and lying and trying to trick others with cons, emotional games etc, and people do fool themselves with elaborate stories of justification, so although the above quoted is such a wonderful ideal, it ignores the events that actually transpire.

Internal Queries
30-03-2011, 02:24 AM
well, since i have little frame of reference when it comes to feeling "trust", especially in myself, i suppose i need to take note of simple ways in which i do trust myself ... like ... hmm ... trusting myself to ... drive my car. i'll seek to take note of what that feels like, the vibration of trusting myself and then maybe i can translate it into a deeper sense.

i do appreciate the advise and encouragement though i can't say that i relate very well emotionally to the context of the words being used. however, i do get an inkling and i am pretty good at estrapolation.

Simon Karlos
30-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Best wishes. One can always choose to feel better in their now-moment, regardless of their past conditioning and experiences, whenever they become aware of this choice, even in the slightest. :color:

Gem
30-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Best wishes. One can always choose to feel better in their now-moment, regardless of their past conditioning and experiences, whenever they become aware of this choice, even in the slightest. :color:

Well that's true, no doubt there, and although the past doesn't necessarily influence our current feeling, it's quite plain to see there are instances where it does, so even though there is an ideal, it does not exactly pertain to the reality of general human experience.

In my life there are many past instances I can recall which carry with them some emotional content ranging from happiness to heartache, and current events sometimes bring those memories forth having a distinct effect the current feeling, because although such events have past the emotion attached is felt now.

I dare say all humans experience this phenomena in similar fashion, so my observatoin is life doesn't conform to idealogy.

I don't care if you agree or not, and just because I don't wholeheartedly agree with your idea, doesn't mean I'm assaulting your beliefs.

BlueSky
30-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Again, people are out there manipulating and lying and trying to trick others with cons, emotional games etc, and people do fool themselves with elaborate stories of justification, so although the above quoted is such a wonderful ideal, it ignores the events that actually transpire.

You are not understanding the context of what I said and honestly, I can't explain it. But I'll try.......
Life is not against us, we are not trying to sabotiage our own growth and spiritual maturity. It is not good against evil. It is life and how I see it is this.........I don't see people manipulating and lying. I see the act apart from the person.
I don't expect that to make sense but it does to me........
Blessings, James

Simon Karlos
30-03-2011, 01:38 PM

That's an excellent spiritual truth, for the belief in an "enemy" is a very primitive perception. It is caveman thinking and victim consciousness, the fight or flight paradigm. Humanity has believed in enemies and the need for defensive measures for millennia, and look how "well" that belief system has served them! It clearly hasn't at all, for people only create more confusion and paranoia through holding onto it. The more one awakens to their own inner sense of self-love and empowerment, the more he/she perceives clearly that no one is really "against" them nor anyone else, but only themselves, and that even self-attack is really impossible, for an "attack" is a call for love and understanding. Attack is not really attack (from a "Higher Self" perspective), but actually a call for love and compassion, as great teachers like Gandhi, Jesus and Dr. Martin Luther King demonstrated. Unlike most, they were willing to demonstrate the miracle-working powers of LOVE with true spiritual enthusiasm, not holding back, despite those who thought they could attack and destroy them. Nothing was destroyed. Their messages are stronger than ever, and the Spirit is eternal. :wink: Humanity is awakening from its slumber. Thanks, brother.

BlueSky
30-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks Simon and thank you for elaborating on it. Nice post........

Simon Karlos
30-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Welcome. Blessings. :D