PDA

View Full Version : How many still here on SF that knew Matt?

Summerland
24-03-2011, 05:15 PM
I only know about Matt through what the main page say.How about coming forward to tell us more about Matt.What was he like as a person, as a friend How many knew Matt personally.What was his true intent by setting this forum up?Is it still carrying his particular energy, that everyone leaves behind? Do you still feel his approval as you read the topics, or finding yourself thing<"No, This is not what Matt wanted for his dream.Every time I see his face I try to keep in mind that it only took one persons dream to create this forum. And now some seem bent on making it a place of ridicule, where people are afraid to even post something that it important to THEM and simply give up trying to do so. Maybe we should rededicate the forum to Matt .

Summerland
24-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Come on, surely those who knew Matt would like to tell of their memories, make him a bit more real and present in our lives.

norseman
24-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Summerland, dont worry about the ridiculators [ new Norse word ] , they drift in like bad smells and vanish just as quickly.
I cannot pretend to have known Matt apart from exchanging a few posts but his creation is still going strong despite everything :smile:

Uhmar
24-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Matt spent more time in the back room then in the front trenches..
He occasionally posted words or articles he had written or occasionally some thread..

Kaere
24-03-2011, 10:36 PM
He posted and contributed quite a bit more than that.

I guess you were around when Matt was Uhmar? You must have had a different username then because I don't recognize the Uhmar name from any of the time I've been a member here :dontknow:

Summerland
25-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Matt spent more time in the back room then in the front trenches..
He occasionally posted words or articles he had written or occasionally some thread..

I know Uhmar from here. So is this still a site that Matt would be proud of, do you think? It seems as if so many of the 'oldies' are not posting here anymore, or very rarely. I know that people lose interest and drift away. But these were people who had been here from nearly the birth of SF.
Does anyone have any of the original posts or threads started by Matt that could still be posted; not as an active thread , but to let us get a sense of Matt?

Dilchannan
25-03-2011, 04:15 AM
I had the pleasure of talking with Matt a few times...

Gem
25-03-2011, 04:17 AM
I don't know how many, but I remember him.

Summerland
25-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Does anyone have anything that they might want to to share of their memories of Matt; sort of make him more of a reality to those of us who never met him or talked with him, even over the internet?

BlueSky
25-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I never knew him but many times when I come online and his picture is staring at me....I sense his approval if that makes any sense. I feel like I know him.
Interestingly so to me is that I found this forum because someone on another forum who is a member here told me about his passing and they thought I might be able to help out keeping things going.
That never materialized but I am still here.
James

norseman
25-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I would give my right-arm [virtual :D] to recover the posts of Calantiriel !

Dilchannan
25-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I would give my right-arm [virtual :D] to recover the posts of Calantiriel !

So funny you should mention Cal, I was just thinking of her the other day. Wondering what her input would be on some of the posts lately...
Peace

Uhmar
25-03-2011, 03:38 PM
You must have had a different username then

I never joined...just came occasionally and and read