PDA

View Full Version : Earthlings (Please watch this!)

Lovely
24-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Before I say anything this is NOT a meet your meat film.
This is NOT a vegetarians/vegans are better than meat eater film.
This is NOT a vegetarian propaganda film.

This is a wake up call for every single human.
If you are a human watch this! PLEASE.
If I won the lottery tomorrow and won billions
of dollars I would give it to you if it would make you watch this!!!!!
This is an amazing documentary.

It's not meant to make you feel guilty, but to open
up our eyes.

At the end I was crying, not of sadness, but from how
hopeful and moving the ending was.

Watch this please! It's a FREE full length video on
youtube. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WATCH IT!!!!
I'm begging you.

Best documentary ever made, no lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4DJh-L7Ys&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3Dearthlings%26aq%3Df&has_verified=1

LightFilledHeart
24-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Can you give a brief synopsis of what the film contains? I'm picky about what I expose myself to, because I'm intensely energy-sensitive! Another's rousing endorsement is not sufficient to make me view something... I need a little more concrete description. Thanks! :hug2:

Lovely
24-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Can you give a brief synopsis of what the film contains? I'm picky about what I expose myself to, because I'm intensely energy-sensitive! Another's rousing endorsement is not sufficient to make me view something... I need a little more concrete description. Thanks! :hug2:

Of course, this is taken from their site:
EARTHLINGS is a powerful and informative documentary about society’s treatment of animals, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix with soundtrack by Moby. This multi-award winning film by Nation Earth is a must-see for anyone who cares about animals or wishes to make the world a better place.

It shows how our society treats animals.
It's defiantly an eye opener.

BlueSky
24-03-2011, 05:48 PM
What is their site Lovely? I can't view Youtoobies where I am. They are blocked.
James

tragblack
24-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Why do some people think that the moment animals stop being slaughtered for food all the world's problems would go away?

BlueSky
24-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Why do some people think that the moment animals stop being slaughtered for food all the world's problems would go away?

Did you watch it? Is that what prompted you to ask this? I haven't seen it.
James

tragblack
24-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I have not watched the movie. I am just venting a question.

BlueSky
24-03-2011, 05:58 PM
I have not watched the movie. I am just venting a question.

Ok but maybe your question would be best in its own thread......I'm just saying. It kind of steals the energy of this thread intended by Lovely and I personally love her energy for this topic.
Respectfully.........James

LightFilledHeart
24-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Of course, this is taken from their site:
EARTHLINGS is a powerful and informative documentary about society’s treatment of animals, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix with soundtrack by Moby. This multi-award winning film by Nation Earth is a must-see for anyone who cares about animals or wishes to make the world a better place.

It shows how our society treats animals.
It's defiantly an eye opener.

Okay, thank you. I am aware of the horrific cruelties perpetrated on animals. I won't be watching the documentary (cannot bear it!), but I commend you for recommending it to those who need a wake up call. Bless you for loving and honoring the animals....:hug2: They need our advocacy!

tragblack
24-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Ok but maybe your question would be best in its own thread......I'm just saying. It kind of steals the energy of this thread intended by Lovely and I personally love her energy for this topic.
Respectfully.........James

Well it's already in this thread, so your point is mute.

BlueSky
24-03-2011, 06:21 PM

Interesting! I treat certain threads (posters) here the same way. I found that what it/they/their energy does to me only feeds their/its energy and drains mine.
I mean no disrespect and i say that in love.
I think it is a good idea to treat other things in life the same way for the same reason. I'll have to pass on exposing myself (anymore) as well. I've seen it all anyways.
Thanks for inadvertantly showing me something LFH........:smile:
I would only be feeding it due to the sensitivity to energies I experience as well by exposing myself to it.
Blessings, James

LightFilledHeart
25-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Interesting! I treat certain threads (posters) here the same way. I found that what it/they/their energy does to me only feeds their/its energy and drains mine.
I mean no disrespect and i say that in love.
I think it is a good idea to treat other things in life the same way for the same reason. I'll have to pass on exposing myself (anymore) as well. I've seen it all anyways.
Thanks for inadvertantly showing me something LFH........:smile:
I would only be feeding it due to the sensitivity to energies I experience as well by exposing myself to it.
Blessings, James

Hello James,

I fully understand what you are saying!

Blessings to you as well :hug2:

Kiki04
07-04-2011, 10:06 AM

Hmmm I don't think that people think that. :/

Lovely
07-04-2011, 10:09 AM

I never said that, and nothing in the documentary said that.

midnightstar
10-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I haven't watched it but I do know the sort of cruelty humans can inflict upon animals.

002 Cents
10-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Lovely- That you felt compelled to share this vid is admirable and speaks multitudes to the kind of person you are.

002 Cents
10-05-2011, 08:17 PM
For those of you who think you know. I doubt you really know everything this movie depicts.

I just watched Food Inc. yesterday for the first time. The friend who told me about it promised I would never want to eat meat again. Honestly, it just made me never want to eat McDonald's again. I already stopped eating chicken and eggs over a year ago. This film however, makes me never want to eat meat again. Or possibly have my own farm where any animals we ever butcher will have had a long, healthy, happy lives. Ensuring them spacious pastures, only the diet they are intended to have and a life where humans treat them with compassion, dignity and respect.

Honestly, why wasn't this the norm to begin with???

002 Cents
10-05-2011, 10:07 PM

That would be a terrible misunderstanding. The general belief is that if humanity were to come to peaceably and universally embrace ideals of Brotherhood, Equality, Goodness, Compassion and Love we would be headed in the right direction. Evidence of this would be the ETHICAL treatment of animals.

Your question is shortsighted and tasteless. If you aren't concerned with the treatment of animals then I dare you to watch it and then declare that so. Which you may in fact do. As when it comes to compassion for other beings I have come to find people either inherently have it or don't.

People have a right to know. If I had the choice to buy ethically farmed food at my local grocer for even 10-20 times the cost I would do it and I bet many others would as well. But we aren't given that choice and we should be.

I remember hearing on the news a while back that they would be passing a law that grocery stores had to make farming information readily available to consumers. I look forward to that day.

beloved_ofmars
20-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I tried to watch this film some time ago, but had to stop at the bit with the live dog being put in the trash, as though he or she was a piece of garbage. This was a horrible thing to see, I couldn't get it out of my head and I don't know why the person filming it didn't go and rescue the dog. The dustbin men deserve to burn for doing that.

002 Cents
21-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Trust me that wasn't the worst thing they showed in this film. I think for me them chop the tails ears, and teeth off of piglets without any kind of anesthetic (food industry) or when they skinned this wild dog alive (fur industry).

But I think that is kind of the point. We need to get angry about what is going on so that we will decide to make a conscious effort to make a difference.