PDA

View Full Version : Is it REALLY channeled information, or just my own knowledge?

ic.heliii
24-03-2011, 02:35 AM
I'll be honest, I think I know most of what there is to know about the universal laws, source energy, etc through listening to Abraham Hicks teachings.

When I meditate and try channeling verbally, if I get asked a question about anything that I've heard the answer to from Abraham, I can answer the question with the first thoughts that come into my mind easily and well. But then, when I get asked a question I don't exactly already know the answer to, I sort of sit there before a theory that I feel cooperates with Abraham teachings comes in my mind.

Now I find theories about EVERYTHING that happens during my day, and I'm pretty sure I think them up through my understanding of how things work.

So, am I REALLY channeling source energy, or is the information just thought up in my mind?

Would it be better to try to trance channel instead of completely consciously like this? If so, how can I trance channel?

Simon Karlos
24-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Hi Ic.heliii. Conscious channeling is the most integrative form of channeling, especially the more the channel "owns" the information and personally applies its teachings. The "highest" form of "channeling" that a human can master has been demonstrated by such people as Jesus, Sathya Sai Baba and Gautama Buddha, among others, who essentially perceive themselves as One with the Divine, not just intellectually but FEELINGLY and KNOWINGLY. Attributing the information to someone "other" than the Self is the kind of channeling that most channelers employ, and this does has its place for a time, until the incarnated being knows without a single doubt that separation is an illusion, and that there really are no "others" in Divine (Source) Reality. The "sources" of high-level spiritual channeling always encourage humans to remember that they are not really "human," but are Non-physical Consciousness projecting an experience of "being human," and thus the ultimate channeling lesson is that we awaken to our True Nature or True Reality.

Humans generally are already in a "trance," dazed and confused by their own self-limiting perceptions, though are indeed learning and expanding in consciousness. The Higher Self gently works to "de-trance" or de-hypnotize us. But, using the word "trance" in the way that you are familiar with it, then perhaps working in a "light trance state" in your channeling may be of benefit to you, where you would be more or less aware of the tone and general content of the information, while resting in a pleasant daydream-like state of awareness as your Higher Self translates the energy/information through you.

In a broad sense of the word everyone and everything in manifestation is channeled, for channeling is projection of consciousness. The question is not really whether one is channeling or not, but "Am I allowing a pure, joyous connection (to Source, God, the Self, etc.)?" It is not possible to channel without having beliefs, as the channeling process itself is a projection of belief, and all incarnate beings must exist through consciousness, within consciousness, as projections of thought. Through meditation you could go deeper within, make a clear statement of intent that you desire to "trance channel," if this is your desire, and allow this agreement to take place and manifest. If so, make sure that you have no fear about this form of channeling. Deep trance channeling is quickly becoming obsolete, as new types of soul agreements are being made in this accelerating shift, and "lighter," more self-empowering forms of channeling become the norm.

It is wise to always get into your "zone" of well-being (the "Vortex") before you practice channeling, feeling self-confident, and then the interpretation/translation will be less distorted and easier to understand and benefit from. As a spirit friend (and my own Self) once humorously reminded me, "Trust is a must!" Even Esther Hicks, as ALL channels, is still making things up through her mind when connecting to Source. It's impossible not to, whether one is conscious of this or not, because everything we say, do, express, is a translation of vibration, and therefore has mental distortion, for all of manifestation comes from imagination. All of creation is imagination. Concepts and words are never true, they are imagined; at best they can be loving pointers to Divine Truth, which is unalterable. (When channeled entities such as Abraham say "There are many truths," they are speaking of personal truths only, which are not really "true" in an absolute sense, but are just perceptions, beliefs.) Even Abraham admitted that the "Source" that they speak of in their teachings is not the ultimate Source, when a gentleman once asked them, "Does Source have a Source," and Abraham said that this was so, as did Neale Donald Walsh's "God" admit that It wasn't the ultimate God. Divine Reality is totally beyond all description and conceptualization, and great teachers like Jesus and Abraham know this, and so they "water it down" into easy concepts that people can grasp, such as "The Kingdom of God is within you," or "You are multidimensional beings," etc., as a way to help people to not see Divinity as separate from them. Just some concepts and reminders.

You are doing very, very well, Ic.heliii. Blessings. :color:

ic.heliii
26-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi Ic.heliii. Conscious channeling is the most integrative form of channeling, especially the more the channel "owns" the information and personally applies its teachings. The "highest" form of "channeling" that a human can master has been demonstrated by such people as Jesus, Sathya Sai Baba and Gautama Buddha, among others, who essentially perceive themselves as One with the Divine, not just intellectually but FEELINGLY and KNOWINGLY. Attributing the information to someone "other" than the Self is the kind of channeling that most channelers employ, and this does has its place for a time, until the incarnated being knows without a single doubt that separation is an illusion, and that there really are no "others" in Divine (Source) Reality. The "sources" of high-level spiritual channeling always encourage humans to remember that they are not really "human," but are Non-physical Consciousness projecting an experience of "being human," and thus the ultimate channeling lesson is that we awaken to our True Nature or True Reality.

Humans generally are already in a "trance," dazed and confused by their own self-limiting perceptions, though are indeed learning and expanding in consciousness. The Higher Self gently works to "de-trance" or de-hypnotize us. But, using the word "trance" in the way that you are familiar with it, then perhaps working in a "light trance state" in your channeling may be of benefit to you, where you would be more or less aware of the tone and general content of the information, while resting in a pleasant daydream-like state of awareness as your Higher Self translates the energy/information through you.

In a broad sense of the word everyone and everything in manifestation is channeled, for channeling is projection of consciousness. The question is not really whether one is channeling or not, but "Am I allowing a pure, joyous connection (to Source, God, the Self, etc.)?" It is not possible to channel without having beliefs, as the channeling process itself is a projection of belief, and all incarnate beings must exist through consciousness, within consciousness, as projections of thought. Through meditation you could go deeper within, make a clear statement of intent that you desire to "trance channel," if this is your desire, and allow this agreement to take place and manifest. If so, make sure that you have no fear about this form of channeling. Deep trance channeling is quickly becoming obsolete, as new types of soul agreements are being made in this accelerating shift, and "lighter," more self-empowering forms of channeling become the norm.

It is wise to always get into your "zone" of well-being (the "Vortex") before you practice channeling, feeling self-confident, and then the interpretation/translation will be less distorted and easier to understand and benefit from. As a spirit friend (and my own Self) once humorously reminded me, "Trust is a must!" Even Esther Hicks, as ALL channels, is still making things up through her mind when connecting to Source. It's impossible not to, whether one is conscious of this or not, because everything we say, do, express, is a translation of vibration, and therefore has mental distortion, for all of manifestation comes from imagination. All of creation is imagination. Concepts and words are never true, they are imagined; at best they can be loving pointers to Divine Truth, which is unalterable. (When channeled entities such as Abraham say "There are many truths," they are speaking of personal truths only, which are not really "true" in an absolute sense, but are just perceptions, beliefs.) Even Abraham admitted that the "Source" that they speak of in their teachings is not the ultimate Source, when a gentleman once asked them, "Does Source have a Source," and Abraham said that this was so, as did Neale Donald Walsh's "God" admit that It wasn't the ultimate God. Divine Reality is totally beyond all description and conceptualization, and great teachers like Jesus and Abraham know this, and so they "water it down" into easy concepts that people can grasp, such as "The Kingdom of God is within you," or "You are multidimensional beings," etc., as a way to help people to not see Divinity as separate from them. Just some concepts and reminders.

You are doing very, very well, Ic.heliii. Blessings. :color:

Thank you, that helped clear up a bit :)

Simon Karlos
28-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Thank you, that helped clear up a bit :)

Very welcome, my friend. :hug2:

windwhistle
31-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Ic.helium...

"So am I really channelling source energy, or is the info. Just thought up in my mind."

I wonder about this too. Sometimes I get other-worldly knowledge and answers freely and easily. Other times, it seems as though "I" have provided the information. I can feel a definite difference in my gut.

When I re-read the channelled writing...I can tell what came from me and what came from source. What comes from source is a new perspective than the one I currently have and I learn from it. What comes from me I can magnate to something I learned intellectually from some other human.

True learning must be experienced. It is not intellectual. It is simple and not hard to grasp. We tend to make spirituality overly complicated. It is truest when it is simple because then it just is. And we all...are.

No one can tell you through theory what is and what isn't a real channeled message. Only you can know due to your own direct experience.

Llwyncwn
02-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Great thread! Thank you Simon for always simplifying the answers to many of my questions. Will you adopt me ? :D

Simon Karlos
27-04-2011, 04:56 AM
Great thread! Thank you Simon for always simplifying the answers to many of my questions. Will you adopt me ? :D

:tongue: How can I adopt one whom I AM already One with? Blessings.

SpiritRhythms
26-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Wow! This is a great and invaluable thread.

Here are some thoughts/questions for bantering about.

It is my understanding that we all have different realities, and some have certain strong beliefs -
and our different cultural upbringings drive our personal evolution in different directions.

Therefore, I submit that some conscious or meditative channeled information
is not universal, but specific to one's own goals or desires.

Further, I believe that this is one of the main reasons why
we sometimes see what Matt would describe as false channeling.

Does anyone agree, disagree, or have other thoughts or comments in this regard?

Frank

Energyatwork
27-05-2011, 02:06 AM
"I'll be honest, I think I know most of what there is to know about the universal laws, source energy, etc through listening to Abraham Hicks teachings."

Just goes to show how perceptions differ i saw some of the Hicks DVD and was unmoved and unimpressed. AH sells a concept an idea and its well marketed so it makes them money. But its nothing new; the law of attraction has always been in existance.

Its fine to speak of source energy but unless an individual is able to understand what attempting to control that source energy will do then nothing else will work.

Channeling it seems has become commonplace but is it really? Can it be learned or is it a gift that is given?
Is what you read authentic is always a dilemma; is it channelled? At times it seems a great many people accept it all without question.

Some simple pointers;
If its full of new age jargon its likely fake. the same goes for any judgement or ego.
If it contains references to space commands , karmic boards, big energy shifts its more than likely fed by human expectation than anything else.
Is the message trying to control in any way or tell you what to do?
There is more of course, instincts play a part as always

Steve

LadyVirgoxoxo
29-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Frank, I agree with what you said.
I feel like channeling can be learned but it takes much time to master it. Then again I'm not too sure since I don't know much about channeling. I know a lot about empathy and I know that that's pretty commonplace but I don't hear of many channelers. So maybe what these channelers are channeling are false?But they think it's right because they believe anyone can channel? That's why I'm always weary of what people come up with when they channel.

Avadar
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
So, am I REALLY channeling source energy, or is the information just thought up in my mind?

Would it be better to try to trance channel instead of completely consciously like this? If so, how can I trance channel?
As a spiritual medium of many years, I would like to completely clear up this issue with you. Becoming a trance medium is unnecessary.

Every thought, message, or feeling that one does not willfully create is channeled from one or more discarnates/spirits.

In contrast to the Freudian paradigm, this basic principle also includes all dreams. When we sleep one part of our brain does not activate to create dreams for us. What really happens is that we become more receptive to telepathic messages from spirits, usually communicated to us symbolically. Most dreams are not spiritual or helpful because most on the Other Side are not devoted to The Light. Nightmares are a form of astral attack.

I've had situations whereby I would communicate with a Spirit Guide in a dream. Then I would wake up and continue the conversation.

Thus, all you have to do is work on your inner focus of attention in meditation. With practice, you will come to be aware of your inner thoughts and feelngs, just as you create them, and thus be alerted when something "just pops in there," i.e., a channeling of some kind. Then you will know beyond a shadow of doubt that it comes not from within, but from without.

Medium_Laura
12-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty knowledgable and I love to read, but when I channel I ask questions to my guides that I don't know the answers to.

The words are not my thoughts because how can I think about what I don't know?

Also when I channel the words flow, they are also broken sentences and are way above the jargon I use.

As an example:

Knowing that you are never alone in your life is something we wish to teach everyone. We would like everyone to be able to accept the divine light and spread joy and love to those who are dark in mind. Each holds this divine light inside them. It is up to you to quiet the ego which precipitates fear, greed and its own protection and use the divine light of knowing; to know that you are worthy of our help and support. To know that when you feel no one loves you, you are wrong. We all love you no matter what. Nothing you can do or say will ever change that.

This is something that was channeled to me. I wrote these in journals and had no intention of ever showing anyone until I was urged to later on (like 10 years later).

Energyatwork
14-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Laura
Nice to read something that is actually authentic.:wink:
You are right the whole way of writing changes as well as the words. Some of them i actually looked up at times in the dictonary; for the messages to be precise is not unusual. Plain, simple and primarily concerned with the development of the individual in the here and now.

Medium_Laura
14-06-2011, 08:00 PM
While I do get some "way out" information, I usually don't share it unless they ask me to. Yes, I too have had to look up words because some of them I had no clue as to their meaning! :) Talk about interesting! :)

Medium_Laura
14-06-2011, 08:00 PM
omg my computer just went nutso! I posted this 12 x! Going to fix it. Sorry! *edit* fixed ... weirdo guides... lol

Energyatwork
14-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Energy overload! Grin

Lynn
22-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I'll be honest, I think I know most of what there is to know about the universal laws, source energy, etc through listening to Abraham Hicks teachings.

When I meditate and try channeling verbally, if I get asked a question about anything that I've heard the answer to from Abraham, I can answer the question with the first thoughts that come into my mind easily and well. But then, when I get asked a question I don't exactly already know the answer to, I sort of sit there before a theory that I feel cooperates with Abraham teachings comes in my mind.

Now I find theories about EVERYTHING that happens during my day, and I'm pretty sure I think them up through my understanding of how things work.

Hello

I ask one HOW DO YE FEEL in that place ? What does tne source of the information feel like ? Does it feel free flowing from ye or does it feel like one is putting forth tought to bring it in ?

If one simply sits and in it comes then I would have to say it is channelled information as that freely flows in and one does not have to even stop and take but a thought on what is there it just is there.

It takes TIME to embrace that it is not from self that it comes. Too remember that at times self will enter to some of is as the subconscious mind might well bring on a question to what one is getting.

For year's I would sit and "write" and I would stop and look at what I wrote....going where do I know this from or how did I get this information ? To embrace that in part if might well be past life knowledge coming in and other part its Spirit information coming into me. At times too its Guides sending us information that we are not hearing in any other way. That inner little voice we have.

Examaning HOW things feel can open many a door to understandings.

Lynn

CentaurSage
24-06-2011, 03:47 AM
I have just started channeling within the last couple months (although it feels like a gift thats been with me all my life, and many past lifetimes), and I can definetly tell when Im "in the way". So far I've experienced two types of channeling: ones that come in thought bubbles where I have to interpret the message, and ones that flow directly through me. As for the question if it's coming from you or not: I think you can pretty much tell in your gut what's coming from you and what's not. But honestly, if the information is valid, it really shouldn't matter. Ask yourself, "Is this information beneficial to humanity, or not?" If it is, the actual source shouldn't be in question.
Hope that helps a bit,
Many Blessings.

Jeff4freedom
27-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Ever since I was a little kid I did what I guess you call channeling.
I'd just have a question and open myself up....
and the answer always came...
But when I got older and made a conscious connection with my Teachers I was taught something different....
Something that gave me better....cleaner answers.

By the way Simon, your post is awesome.....

But as Simon pointed out we always Colour the Channeled info with our minds,

hard not to if we're going to think about it or have to communicate it to another.

So my Teachers taught me how to follow a Question to what I call the archetype plane.....

The answers there are as simple and perfect as they can be,
not explained in words or concepts,
but with simple shapes,
color and movement that give you the most concise answer possible.
And it's not an understanding you come to by thinking about what you see...
You actually are Living the answer if that makes any sense.
Of course to relate the info to another you still have to go through your filters of thought and language.....
But at least you understand the essence.

With channeling you aren't really the understanding.

but rather you have an idea about it because it came through you.

On the archetype plane you KNOW the answer basically because you experienced it at it's roots...

Maybe this is one classification of channeling,

I've never read on the subject,
just lived it.

It's funny,

I still kept channeling the Old way for maybe 20 years....

Not sure why,

maybe some kind of affinity for the energy interaction.

Like in those moments with the channeling....

suddenly I wasn't totally alone..

I grew up a very psychic kid....

with folks who thought I was the son of Satan or something,

so I never had anyone to talk to about it...

When I was channeling it was like I was no longer alone in my understanding of certain things that nobody else I knew ever even would come close to thinking about.

But in the last few years I found that going to the source,

which is right before the intention of the Question (as cryptic as that may sound)

was where I advanced the most in my understanding...

Because I came to the idea that,
Jeeze, maybe I was channeling Hitlers Dog with a God Complex....

who knows...

You know just because they call themselves the Intergalactic Brotherhood of The Most Knowing High Spiritual Entities that ever were",

Doesn't necessarily mean it's so...

SORRY That last line was a joke with myself,
I'm always cracking up at how so many bogus, in it for the money "channelers"
are trying to top each other with the names of the Entities or Groups of Entities they are supposedly channeling....
Pretty funny stuff...
You know what I mean ??

Avadar
27-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi Jeff4freedom (aka Son of Satan :wink: )

Group Entities compete with one another so it makes sense that they would try and top each other in the names they call themselves. It really gets ridiculous when they make claims of having a fleet of spacecraft when their channelers or contactees can only provide an illustration of them, with no photographic evidence of their humanoid existence whatsoever. The classic example of this are the "Pleiadians."

Cheers!

John32241
27-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I have just started channeling within the last couple months (although it feels like a gift thats been with me all my life, and many past lifetimes), and I can definetly tell when Im "in the way". So far I've experienced two types of channeling: ones that come in thought bubbles where I have to interpret the message, and ones that flow directly through me. As for the question if it's coming from you or not: I think you can pretty much tell in your gut what's coming from you and what's not. But honestly, if the information is valid, it really shouldn't matter. Ask yourself, "Is this information beneficial to humanity, or not?" If it is, the actual source shouldn't be in question.
Hope that helps a bit,
Many Blessings.

I like this approach. If I may add something it would be this.

Does the information align with your present personal truth. If yes proceed, if not than say thanks and disconnect.

John

Avadar
27-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Does the information align with your present personal truth. If yes proceed, if not than say thanks and disconnect.

Keeping in mind that one's present personal truth - if one wants it to be the best reflection of the absolute truth - changes and improves with age as one's knowledge and awareness expands, and one's soul evolves through selfless service, striving to live by The Golden Rule, and through the daily radiance of purified love.