PDA

View Full Version : What is the Bread and the Wine?

grazier
22-03-2011, 03:33 PM
What is the Bread and the Wine, what does it depict?

I understand the Bread and Wine as the Body and Blood of Christ. But what does that mean?

As I understand it it is our Spiritual Sustainence. Bread is food for our physical vehicle and the Wine is a sustainence for our spirit.

The bread represens Jesus, who was the physical manifestation of the Jesushood substance.

Wine represents water, the substance of God/The Eternal/ the Creator, the Source. This is food for our Spiritual Body, our Christhood, our Upper Room - our own Inner Sanctuary.

What are your thoughts?

Blessings

grazier :hug3:

lanbee
22-03-2011, 03:54 PM
My thought is...I was just thinking about this yesterday! I'll follow to see more replies.:wink:

BlueSky
22-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Not sure but I always remembered and related to the significance of the bread being unleavened for many jewish and Christian occassions.
How things spread thru us when we give into them..........like yeast.

Internal Queries
22-03-2011, 04:14 PM
the bread and wine represents ritual cannibalism. it was/is believed that to eat the flesh of a person causes the consumer to absorb the attributes of he who is eaten.

BlueSky
22-03-2011, 05:01 PM
In Catholism, they have a word called transubstantiation and it means that when they change the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ that they are physically doing just that.
They do that so that they can re-offer the sacrifice Jesus made each mass and in fact it is the entire purpose of the mass.

LadyVirgoxoxo
23-03-2011, 02:39 AM
the bread and wine represents ritual cannibalism. it was/is believed that to eat the flesh of a person causes the consumer to absorb the attributes of he who is eaten.

Hehe I go to a Catholic school and on Ash Wednesday when the Catholics received the Body and Blood of Christ I called them effing cannibals and that they should be ashamed of themselves. They laughed and said they never realized that. My friends and I had a lot of fun with that that day :tongue:

BlueSky
23-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Cannibalism....Yeh, most people don't realize that.

grazier
23-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi everyone,

It is the Church that has put the meanings of the physical body and blood of Jesus on to the Bread and Wine. Don't forget that they changed the true meaning of sacred writings to mean what they and the King or government wanted in order to control the populus. I doubt if even THEY know the true meaning.

Jesus chose his own sacrifice in order to show us that there is no death, only continuation of life in the Spirit. That he was Christed after his physical death, because he had attained that estate. It was also to show us that we, too, can attain that estate if we follow his example.

The Bread is the bread of Heaven and the Wine is the Substance of the Father/Mother, the Great Sea. It represents the sharing of the spirit in the physical life and the sharing of the spirit also. It means that we all are the wine, the water, the substance of God and we are all in a physical vehicle, which is also shared by all. It doesn't mean the eating of the flesh and the drinking of the blood.

If you think about it the flesh Is the Physical vehicle, bread is food for the physical, wine or water is the fluid part of us, the spiritual substance. Jesus was asking you to think of his teachings when you eat the bread, to remember that you are in a physical body and must nurture that body as well as the spirit, and to remember that we are all spirit when we drink the wine.

Jesus wasn't teaching us to eat each other, although in a way meat - eaters do, by eating the creatures of God's Kingdom on Earth. He was merely asking you to remember Him when you partake of the bread and wine.

His sacrifice was also meant to teach us the transcendent powers of the body. God doesn't want physical sacrifices, he wants us to lay ourselves on His altar, to redeem our spirit and to remember Him. The Church again changed the sacrifices to fill their own pockets and lusts. In the old days it was the priests that ate the sacrificed flesh and it was human blood lust that changed the meaning in order to control.

Just ask yourselves, Would a loving parent want to kill or harm His children? Would He want them to kill each other in His name, much less eat each other in His name? I don't think so!

Blessings

grazier

LadyVirgoxoxo
23-03-2011, 05:35 PM
I still don't understand why at school they say you must REALLY believe this is the body and blood of Christ.

BlueSky
23-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I still don't understand why at school they say you must REALLY believe this is the body and blood of Christ.

Because their mass is directed toward offering Jesus's sacrifice repeatably for the sins of the people in the church.
Not symbolically but actually. Over and Over again.
They call it Transubstantiation.
Blessings, James