PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Duality

Perry J
19-03-2011, 10:37 PM
If you always keep yourself on the surface, you always run into contradictions everywhere.
Many people make a game of this. They refuse to go deeper, to a level where things could be explained, but they insist on arguing…”what you just said does NOT correspond to accepted theories, because…”, and on and on it goes, they seem never to get tired of it. No matter what you say, they always find one line that they mark with a red pen, and they never see the wholeness of what you want to say. If you are patient, and even engage in them to make them see that context, how things connect to this or that, they immediately find one new line they focus on: “NO! This is not so, instead you should say…”

Eckhart Tolle gave me this insight recently. He also gave a parallel with religion: How all World religions seem to be in insurmountable conflict with each other on the surface, but if you go deeper you find they all coincide – they all say the same thing. This is a wonderful insight, and I could tell you for example how Rumi’s poems are all in harmony with anything Jesus could have said, which shows how Islam is not at all in a real conflict with Christianity (!)
See what happened? I just made a controversial statement. Many people stop reading here to create an opposing statement, to bash me with. This is easily done.
And this is the dualistic game. All participators may have a common task to reach the Truth, but it always goes like this.

Don’t let these spoilers steal energy from you. They are everywhere, and they all refuse to let go of the dualistic conflict. And the ego feeds on conflict. It identifies in these mental structures of conflict, and if you point to some peaceful inner unity, the ego feels threatened, because you have put its identity at stake.
They seem to always locate all areas where work for peace is going on, and they begin their counterwork to spoil it. They are not necessarily aggressive, but they seem to keep the collective consciousness at a level where conflict and dangers are serious stuff that we must not forget, much more important than that “inner peace”, that they ridicule at first chance.
But it’s important only because it feeds the ego.
The surface is the battlefield of antichrist. Don’t go deeper it says. And definitely do NOT go within yourself...

Silver
19-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Very nice. I like what you said.

Simon Karlos
20-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Perry, thanks my brother! Your sincerity definitely points to That--This--beneath-the-surface Transcendental Reality beyond duality.

Shabda
20-03-2011, 12:26 AM
If you always keep yourself on the surface, you always run into contradictions everywhere.
Many people make a game of this. They refuse to go deeper, to a level where things could be explained, but they insist on arguing…”what you just said does NOT correspond to accepted theories, because…”, and on and on it goes, they seem never to get tired of it. No matter what you say, they always find one line that they mark with a red pen, and they never see the wholeness of what you want to say. If you are patient, and even engage in them to make them see that context, how things connect to this or that, they immediately find one new line they focus on: “NO! This is not so, instead you should say…”

Eckhart Tolle gave me this insight recently. He also gave a parallel with religion: How all World religions seem to be in insurmountable conflict with each other on the surface, but if you go deeper you find they all coincide – they all say the same thing. This is a wonderful insight, and I could tell you for example how Rumi’s poems are all in harmony with anything Jesus could have said, which shows how Islam is not at all in a real conflict with Christianity (!)
See what happened? I just made a controversial statement. Many people stop reading here to create an opposing statement, to bash me with. This is easily done.
And this is the dualistic game. All participators may have a common task to reach the Truth, but it always goes like this.

Don’t let these spoilers steal energy from you. They are everywhere, and they all refuse to let go of the dualistic conflict. And the ego feeds on conflict. It identifies in these mental structures of conflict, and if you point to some peaceful inner unity, the ego feels threatened, because you have put its identity at stake.
They seem to always locate all areas where work for peace is going on, and they begin their counterwork to spoil it. They are not necessarily aggressive, but they seem to keep the collective consciousness at a level where conflict and dangers are serious stuff that we must not forget, much more important than that “inner peace”, that they ridicule at first chance.
But it’s important only because it feeds the ego.
The surface is the battlefield of antichrist. Don’t go deeper it says. And definitely do NOT go within yourself... in regards to the emboldened part above, ive spent time studying various world religions, and yes it is absolutely true, and this is why Rumi's poetry finds favor with many widely "varying" spiritual teachings, many of the world's religions are truly saying the very same things...a great point, one that needs more attention...

Ciqala
20-03-2011, 01:47 AM
contradictions, duality, all but a paradox of oneness

nventr
20-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Those who do not go deeper are just "going around the mountain." They are wrapped up in the physical world.

Those who do enter the inner sanctum must begin at one end or the other. For centuries they have picked sides as to which way the road runs.

Then there are the few who know that the road runs both ways.

The prophets consider the third time the charm.

Gem
20-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Generally, I didn't like it. It's a superioristic passage which elates some holy saintly people by casting others into the ego basket to wrestle with the anti-christ, and this way of judgement would be applied to yours truely by now, and I'm happy to be the demonstration of my own point.

Greenslade
20-03-2011, 10:45 AM
If you go to church on Sunday, that's cool. If you face Mecca then that's cool too, because you still believe in God and you do things your way. if you're Atheist that's just as cool because - in the irony that most don't see - you're still doing God's work as much as the believers are. Don't punch another believer in the mouth because they don't do things your way, that's not belief but an excuse - and a pretty poor one at that.

The road you're on is fine, if it works for you. The road I'm on is fine because it works for me. Just don't take it out on me because you can't see that all the roads are going to the same place. I've been brave enough to Walk my Own Path, can you say the same?

Duality is fine, it's doing what it's meant to be doing.