PDA

View Full Version : Need some assistance on finding out what these stones are...

Songbirds
15-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I've recently got back into crystals after wanting to distance myself from them for one reason or another. I've always been bad with remembering their names, and I've misplaced the sheet of paper which I wrote their names on!

Does anyone know what they're called?

http://oi56.tinypic.com/t9h9c9.jpg

star-child
15-03-2011, 08:01 PM
The black and white dotty one is definitely snowflake obsidian, the black one at the front might just be obsidian. Not sure about the others. You have a nice collection though, I especially like the pink ones!

Spiritlite
15-03-2011, 08:02 PM
white one looks like moonstone.
gosh the black and white one I almost want to say sodalite but I know that's wrong
Those stone are easy to ID and I know someone will
Spiritlite.

star-child
15-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Aha, I knew i'd seen the pink one at the back somewhere - http://www.crystalwellbeing.co.uk/catalogueitemsbycrystal.php?Crystal=Rhodochrosite

Songbirds
15-03-2011, 08:12 PM
The black and white dotty one is definitely snowflake obsidian, the black one at the front might just be obsidian. Not sure about the others. You have a nice collection though, I especially like the pink ones!

Yeah that's it! Thank you :)

white one looks like moonstone.
gosh the black and white one I almost want to say sodalite but I know that's wrong
Those stone are easy to ID and I know someone will
Spiritlite.

Not sure if it's moonstone or not it doesn't really ring a bell. It might be though from looking through google so thank you! :D I seriously need to put the names of all of them which I write down in a safer place :P

Aha, I knew i'd seen the pink one at the back somewhere - http://www.crystalwellbeing.co.uk/catalogueitemsbycrystal.php?Crystal=Rhodochrosite

Yeah that's the one :) Thank you

glpoisson
15-03-2011, 08:42 PM
The one in front is Hematite. The pink and black one is Rhodonite. The green and Blue one looks like Chrysocolla in Malachite.

Uhmar
15-03-2011, 09:45 PM
the spotted one looks like ocean/orbicular jasper to me.

the light pink either moonstone or pink rose quartz

black obsidian or jet in front hard to tell

back pink rhodocrosite
side pink rhodonite

also red tigers eye or petrified wood ..hard to tell from pic
and hematite the center

Songbirds
15-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Here are the ones I've found out the names of:

Blue - Kyanite
Black and white - Snowflake Obsidian
Lightish pink - Rhodonite
Black - Hematite

So that leaves the green, pink and black, white and the purple. I can remember they all had long names except the white. Thank you all for your help so far :)

Topaz
16-03-2011, 12:26 AM
You have
Snow flake obsidian

Chryscolla (the green to the left )

Kyanite
Hematite
Snowy quartz
rhondonite
hm this one is hard lol I want to say Chariote not sure
Rhodochrosite x

Songbirds