PDA

View Full Version : How to raise Consciousness

Perry J
14-03-2011, 06:48 PM
I often get the question: What is consciousness? How do you raise that?
I use to answer with an episode from my early childhood, I think I was five. I had a friend who was also five then...

The scenery was as follows: We had both learned from our parents what is "right" and what is "left".
And we sat outside on the lawn, at the opposite of each other. And we had a quarrel that heated up very fast, because I pointed at my left and shouted at my friend (who more and more became an enemy): "LEFT IS IN THAT DIRECTION!!"
"NO!, my friend shouted back: "LEFT IS IN THAT DIRECTION!!!" and he pointed at my right.

So we continued for some minutes, and it became really outrageous, we were ready to almost kill each other!
But then an old man came by, he stood there for a while, with a great smile on his lips...

"You are both correct", he said. "And you are both wrong".
I remember this for the rest of my life, how hard it was to transcend this situation and see it from a distance, where it stood clear as day that his right was my left and vice versa. How hard it was to do as the man told me: "Be in your friends position and tell me what is right and left!".

And I will remember to my death day how it felt to realize it. This was not an intellectual insight, but I raised my consciousness, and the intellectual gain came from it. Everything just blew away!

We were helplessly closed within ourselves, catched in a conflict, unable to see the situation! The only important thing was the enemy I had in front of me - and he felt the same.

This was our first encounter with the human ego.

Raising consciousness is to recognize such spheres of false identification - mental boxes - so you transcend them, then they just blow away and you are in a much wider sphere. In the childhood this becomes much more pronounced than ever in the adulthood. But the principle is the same...

I wonder what had happened had not that man shown up. And what he meant with "You are both wrong" (but I think I know that answer...)

andrew g
14-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Cool message. What sprung to mind was an old house/dance song I liked by DB Boulevard I think it was. Lyrics of the chorus are....''Cant you see, life's easy, if you consider things from a different point of view''

DulcePoetica
14-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Awesome story. Kinda makes me contemplate the possibility that everything is just about as right as it is wrong.

themaster
14-03-2011, 07:36 PM
How to raise Consciousness?

- Breathe
- Put a attention point on purpose into a area of the unknown.. my teacher says "look beyond the furthest edge"
- Recognize when you’re using your EGO.. and put it aside.. and use the spiritual or emotional body more :wink:
- Listen and validate yourself and your imagination.. try and remember all things it shows you are real! :smile:

Consciousness is awareness.. so you might want to think of it also as raising awareness.. on this mathematical scale or vibrational level.. your only aware of these options.. take a step up.. and you become aware of more options..

Perry J
14-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Thank you, all!
And the scary thing is the fact that most conflict in the adult world is no more civilized than that conflict we had in the 60:s... and how the ego has developed, to fight back such eventualities as an outer spectator coming from nowhere...

Gem
15-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Thank you, all!
And the scary thing is the fact that most conflict in the adult world is no more civilized than that conflict we had in the 60:s... and how the ego has developed, to fight back such eventualities as an outer spectator coming from nowhere...

Right and wrong aren't do with facts like left and right... but we are quite conscious of it when we 'wrong someone'... and in the verb 'do wrong'.

Silver
15-03-2011, 04:30 AM
That was a great little story and you told it so well. Thanks for sharing that.

Natasha
15-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I loved that story, thank you for sharing.

Perry J
15-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Thank you all again. Cool that this story was appreciated. My friend I argued with back then (he's a professor nowadays) remembers it, too...

I often think of it myself, whenever I see a conflict. People in conflict always have their thinking wired, ... "for" or "against". It's especially apparent in the conflict between science and religion.