PDA

View Full Version : Discourses on Breath.

Gem
12-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Breathing begins with birth and remains with us all our life. Every moment the air is breathed in, and again breathed out.

Everyone, The king, the subject, the male, the female, the Hindu, Muslim, Christian and Athiest, the American, the Afghani, Aussie, Pom, Tibetan and Chinese... everyone is breathing. There is no hatred, competition, sexizm, racizm, dogmatizm, this-izm or that-izm. Everyone shares the air without questioning.

This peace. We all breathe just the same...

spirit72
12-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Mmmm but some of us like to pollute our air, were as others prefer to have it clean, so in a way there are other taking it away and claiming it for themselves, big industries, people with open fires and bonfires... and the list goes on so even air is not free without human contaminant!

Gem
12-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Mmmm but some of us like to pollute our air, were as others prefer to have it clean, so in a way there are other taking it away and claiming it for themselves, big industries, people with open fires and bonfires... and the list goes on so even air is not free without human contaminant!

Doesn't matter... clean air on the mountain top and dirty air in LA... still breathe.

Mathew James
12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Breathing begins with birth and remains with us all our life.
Everyone shares the air without questioning.
We all breathe just the same...

very nice thought about how we are all equal at our basic needs. at first was thinking if our hearts/blood is the same concept, in that it defines our human life period, but we do not share blood. the air is something we all share.

tragblack
12-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Way to take a good unifying thought and make it dualistic!

nightowl
12-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Breathing begins with birth and remains with us all our life. Every moment the air is breathed in, and again breathed out.

Everyone, The king, the subject, the male, the female, the Hindu, Muslim, Christian and Athiest, the American, the Afghani, Aussie, Pom, Tibetan and Chinese... everyone is breathing. There is no hatred, competition, sexizm, racizm, dogmatizm, this-izm or that-izm. Everyone shares the air without questioning.

Yes what a wonderful thought and observation...to take it one step further, breath requires movement, so is movement also something we share in that breath in its movement creates many things, so if breath create movement then movement must be necessary as well????? :smile:

What do our movements create?

nightowl

blackfellawhitefella
12-03-2011, 11:16 PM
i heard these words once .... have no idea who they should be attributed to
.... but they reappear into my thoughting parade regularly

'tell me how a man breathes , then i will tell you , what sort of man he is'

Perspective
13-03-2011, 03:06 AM
Everyone shares the air without questioning. I like that, Gem!
Today, as we were driving by a cemetery, my kids brought up some fears & I explained how when people die, their bodies are no longer alive, but although we don't always see them, their spirits are still alive... Like the air, even though we don't see it, we still breath it.

athribiristan
13-03-2011, 04:19 AM

Yep, oxygen is the most addictive drug known to man. Everyone is a user and withdrawal is 100% fatal.

Egyptian Phoenix
13-03-2011, 04:20 AM

Good observation :smile:

Gem
16-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Someone doesn't take the in breath and think, this air is so valuable. I will hoard this breath and take some more, and I will be rich having so much breath.

When our breath goes out we don't cry oh me oh my I have lost all my breath. Now I am very poor as my air is all gone.

We just breathe in and feel it is enough, we never cling to it nor care to save it up, we just let it all go out again with no sense of loss. Everyone is content to be breathing in and everyone is content to be breathing out.

This contentment, the breath comes and goes.

tragblack
16-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Someone doesn't take the in breath and think, this air is so valuable. I will hoard this breath and take some more, and I will be rich having so much breath.

When our breath goes out we don't cry oh me oh my I have lost all my breath. Now I am very poor as my air is all gone.

We just breathe in and feel it is enough, we never cling to it nor care to save it up, we just let it all go out again with no sense of loss. Everyone is content to be breathing in and everyone is content to be breathing out.

This contentment, the breath comes and goes.

Nice......

William Schuck
17-03-2011, 05:19 PM
What I often wonder about is the domain of space that the air resides within. The air sustains our lives, can anyone guess at what sustains the life giving qualities of air. I know about trees, oceans, and atmosphere and how the heating from the sun helps to create wind currents, and high and low pressure. What is the quality or essence within the makeup of air that allows us to breath it without harm?

Gem
20-03-2011, 08:28 AM
You'll notice the breath is happening as I mention this, it just occurs by some subconscious means. Even in the deepest sleep, still breathing.

It operates in the same way the liver or kidney or intestine... just happens automatically.

It differs from the kidneys too. It's also like the arms. The intention to reach upward raises the arm higher... just as one can intentionally stop the in breath, or stop the out breath or breath deeper or breath very hard to blow out the birthday candles.

Breath is a very unique facet of the body as it stems from the wakeful intention down to deepest sleep.

Being aware of the breath is very superficial, and being aware of the breath is very deep, but at any level, in any place, and in every moment of one's life, breathing in is peaceful. Breathing out is peaceful.