PDA

View Full Version : The Being of What Is

Moondance
31-07-2018, 01:01 PM
The realisation of no-separation is not something obscure or difficult - in fact it is naively simple - the issue is the mind’s innate resistance to it.

At any given moment there is simply the happening or be-ing of ‘what is’. No matter what I (as in the body-mind-personality) do or how I do it - it is always, already the happening of ‘what is’.

‘What is’ in this usage refers to this which is inescapably the case - existence, reality, life, be-ing, creation, source, oneness, tao. Some refer to it as awareness or consciousness. Those who are the most cautious simply point to THIS or thus-ness…

Whatever we call it, this realisation gives rise to the sense of a greater ordering of things beyond the confined sense of a separate self. In the moment of this insight, the sense of ‘I’ points straight through the body-mind to that which gives rise to it - the radiance of reality itself.

——

So where does this leave the notion of an individuated free will? It doesn’t. An inherently existing free will is only of relevance in relation to a separate, independent, inherently existing self… and there isn’t one. Without the notion of separation the issue dissolves.

From this sensibility (THIS sensibility) it’s seen that there is nothing to perfect, nothing to attain, no enlightened state to strain for… there is only THIS… presenting moment by moment. If you are in the dentist chair it is already the happening of what is, if you are meditating for ten hours in a cave it is the happening of what is. It (IT) is always ALREADY the case.

The impulse is to lean forwards, straining towards a future resolution when the truth is found when there is a (kind of) easing back in perception to allow for the elusive obviousness to reveal itself.

BlueSky
31-07-2018, 04:28 PM
I find that I can surmise all that you mention but until there is a direct consciousness of "what is", your words for me will always be just the minds way of dealing with not knowing "what is".
And that's OK, it's something far more than the mind thinking it knows.

Shivani Devi
01-08-2018, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I read the opening post and became totally confused.

BlueSky
01-08-2018, 09:57 AM
For me it wasn't confusing, it's just that if I was to say, let's take the first line, it would be "any realization I have is in the mind and also in there is a resistance to it, so while I am open to it I really don't know"

Moondance
01-08-2018, 10:00 AM
I find that I can surmise all that you mention but until there is a direct consciousness of "what is", your words for me will always be just the minds way of dealing with not knowing "what is".
And that's OK, it's something far more than the mind thinking it knows.

Hello BlueSky

Thanks for the comment - yes, there’s a lot to be said for ‘not knowing’.

Moondance
01-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I read the opening post and became totally confused.

Not to worry Shivani - this stuff doesn’t lend itself too well to intellectual understanding.

FallingLeaves
02-08-2018, 02:53 AM
ah.... another person who doesn't recognize treasure and wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Well at least if noone wants it there is noone to steal it... you see there is always an upside to these things :smile:

Miss Hepburn
02-08-2018, 04:14 AM
..... the sense of ‘I’ points straight through the bodymind
to that which gives rise to it - the radiance of reality itself.
:hug3:

I edited what you said....it is poetry to my ears!

The impulse is to lean forwards,
straining towards a future resolution

when the Truth is found
there is a (kind of) easing back in perception
to allow for the Elusive Obviousness to reveal Itself.

Like music to my soul...:notworthy:

Moondance
02-08-2018, 10:03 AM
ah.... another person who doesn't recognize treasure and wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Well at least if noone wants it there is noone to steal it... you see there is always an upside to these things :smile:

When we stop obsessing about the promise of shiny things we begin to notice the scenery… now there’s the real treasure.

Moondance
02-08-2018, 10:07 AM
:hug3:

I edited what you said....it is poetry to my ears!

The impulse is to lean forwards,
straining towards a future resolution

when the Truth is found
there is a (kind of) easing back in perception
to allow for the Elusive Obviousness to reveal Itself.

Like music to my soul...:notworthy:

Well, since you put it like that… Thank you Miss H :D

no1wakesup
12-08-2018, 12:53 PM
The realisation of no-separation is not something obscure or difficult - in fact it is naively simple - the issue is the mind’s innate resistance to it.

At any given moment there is simply the happening or be-ing of ‘what is’. No matter what I (as in the body-mind-personality) do or how I do it - it is always, already the happening of ‘what is’.

‘What is’ in this usage refers to this which is inescapably the case - existence, reality, life, be-ing, creation, source, oneness, tao. Some refer to it as awareness or consciousness. Those who are the most cautious simply point to THIS or thus-ness…

Whatever we call it, this realisation gives rise to the sense of a greater ordering of things beyond the confined sense of a separate self. In the moment of this insight, the sense of ‘I’ points straight through the body-mind to that which gives rise to it - the radiance of reality itself.

——

So where does this leave the notion of an individuated free will? It doesn’t. An inherently existing free will is only of relevance in relation to a separate, independent, inherently existing self… and there isn’t one. Without the notion of separation the issue dissolves.

From this sensibility (THIS sensibility) it’s seen that there is nothing to perfect, nothing to attain, no enlightened state to strain for… there is only THIS… presenting moment by moment. If you are in the dentist chair it is already the happening of what is, if you are meditating for ten hours in a cave it is the happening of what is. It (IT) is always ALREADY the case.

The impulse is to lean forwards, straining towards a future resolution when the truth is found when there is a (kind of) easing back in perception to allow for the elusive obviousness to reveal itself.

Beautiful without a seeker in place to add or repel. The intellect can only agree or disagree, like or dislike. What was written points beyond both.