PDA

View Full Version : Crystal changing

Sangress
10-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I have had this piece of natural clear (crystal) quarts in my house since I was a small child and I recently started using it.

It was flawless, like glass, with a few small peices of dirt frozen inside it, but somehow it's changed in the 4 days I've been using it.

It's got a small web of tiny cracks through it which are so closely intertwined that they look like sheets within the crystal. About 3 of these "sheets" have formed and two of these sheets almost intersect, while the third one above the other two bends upwards.

The overall clearness of the crystal is opaque now, almost milky on one end of the crystal, the end that I hold in my palm most times.

These marks and colour changes have certainly never been there before. I've admired the crystal so many times before this that I am positive of it.

I've ruled out heat and chill damage to the stone, as well as handling it too roughly or dropping it....so I have no idea of why or how these changes could have happened.

I've cleared the crystal out numerous times through various methods and it has not altered back to its original state.

I am wondering whether I've been too hard on the crystal to make this happen, maybe I'm asking too much of it and maybe I should stop using it to preserve it.

What do you think these marks could mean?

Has this happened to anyone else with a crystal before?

Spiritlite
10-03-2011, 09:52 PM
No you are not too hard on the crystal. I feel she/he is here to help you no matter what. I've never had that happen to a crystal before but you should be honored that this crystal is helping you.
I hope more will answer this post. Have you tried putting this crystal out on a full moon outside?
Spiritlite.

Sangress
11-03-2011, 01:20 AM
I have put it out in the rain at night, but not under the full moon yet.

I've been getting the crystal to soak up as much energy as it can and then to channel that energy into me either when I need it, or when I make physical contact with the crystal itself, so I thought that I may have been pushing its limitations by asking it to do such a thing.

It does its job well and I certainly haven't felt any lack or change in its strength or the way it works, so I don't think I am damaging it.

Moonkestrel
11-03-2011, 09:13 PM
You definately won't have been too hard on the crystal...they are more than capable of taking much more than we can throw at them :-)

Cleansing may help but don't use salt water to do so as the salt can re-crystalise in the cracks of the crystal and break it's structure. Maybe use sage or healing incense to cleanse it. Another technique that's worked for me in the past is visualising the crystal filling with pure white light...and then a rainbow bursting out of the point at the top (if it has one). This should help re-energise the crystal if you feel it necessary.

You could also try burying it in the garden/earth for a few days to soak up the earth's strength and power. One tip if you do try this...put a marker above the spot where you bury it so you know where to find it :-)

Hope it gets better, let us know how you get on.