PDA

View Full Version : Keys to your own journey...

spirit72
10-03-2011, 05:23 PM
I don't know about others, but my spiritual journey, has been one of pain, emotions, self healing and learning...

I had one person in my life, who mentored me throughout, my mediumship, and tried to answer any questions I had along the way...
But when I asked him a question, he would not respond with the answer, all he said was and if you did know...? This made you re think your question, and often bring the answer...
If ever I was frustrated with something, and got upset, he showed no comfort just told me to "ALLOW"

It became a joke between us, as I would get rely mad... Because I needed to know right then....

Never did I go to others to ask,if what I was being told was correct, or ask for a second opinion , and never did I take my mentors advice on board, as what I soon realised was the one that was going to help me most was ME !

10 years on I am happy, with my progress, my gift is under control, and when spirit, draw back it's because I still have not learnt to pace myself:D

And my final words from my mentor was " I can no longer teach you only guide you"

I now work with my angels and my spirit family, to answer my question, I trust myself to trust in them...

So the next time you go to get validation from loads of different people about one thing you have been told... Ask yourself first "what do I think" ...? As you are the keeper of your own keys !

Ciqala
11-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Very lovely inspiring post, and so true, we are the keepers of our own keys :)

The answers to our questions and obstacles are always within. Yet there are still those struggling in the hall of mirrors, not able to see through the distortions of their shadows in need of light to be shed in the bitter haze, at a cross roads to truth, and in order to seek truth, it takes reflection, true and simple, seeing the shadow and all. We can use the world as a mirror for discovery and teaching, often time the outside will reflect the inside, not to get too caught up in more puzzling drama though! When we find trust in our guides and the universe our life and decisions, goes by effortlessly.

Realizing the analytical nature of the mind, and that spiritual paths cannot be sorted through like mathematical equations, but in times of haziness it should be okay to lay obstacles down only in order to simplify them, yet do we only end up creating more confusion with our tactics, to see them as a greater whole - it’s okay to have a supportive listener or mentor steer you in the right direction in the midst of fog, to give a push in the right direction. But the real journey is into the heart of the hall of mirrors! By being empty, still, simple, freed for a moment by the endless circling of the maze of mental illusion in the world of appearances and in that which holds truth.

Ravens_Light
11-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Wow, Spirit72...

This is one of the most inspiring posts I've read in quite a while... I could totally feel your energy coming thru... Thank you for taking the time to share this very important message... I believe it was meant for me, among many others I suspect..

Love 'n Hugs,

Cam/EM

Emmalevine
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't know about others, but my spiritual journey, has been one of pain, emotions, self healing and learning...

I had one person in my life, who mentored me throughout, my mediumship, and tried to answer any questions I had along the way...
But when I asked him a question, he would not respond with the answer, all he said was and if you did know...? This made you re think your question, and often bring the answer...
If ever I was frustrated with something, and got upset, he showed no comfort just told me to "ALLOW"

It became a joke between us, as I would get rely mad... Because I needed to know right then....

Never did I go to others to ask,if what I was being told was correct, or ask for a second opinion , and never did I take my mentors advice on board, as what I soon realised was the one that was going to help me most was ME !

10 years on I am happy, with my progress, my gift is under control, and when spirit, draw back it's because I still have not learnt to pace myself:D

And my final words from my mentor was " I can no longer teach you only guide you"

I now work with my angels and my spirit family, to answer my question, I trust myself to trust in them...

So the next time you go to get validation from loads of different people about one thing you have been told... Ask yourself first "what do I think" ...? As you are the keeper of your own keys !

Great post Spirit and one that really resonates with me :smile:

Richinside
11-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Very thought provoking and inspiring. I had a boss at one time who would always first ask me "What do YOU think you should do?" whenever I had a question. At the time it had nothing to do with spirituality, however later on that is how I would handle most of my problems (spiritual or otherwise).
I believe we all have an innate intelligence that tells us what we need to do. It is OK to ask for help (and I highly recommend it) however most of the time I find that I already know the solution, I am just looking for another viewpoint. My boss also always told me that "Another person's perception is their reality". It took me a while to accept that one until I started to look at things from their point of view.
An example of this is in any sport where a referee or judge has to make a decision on something that happens very quickly. As a coach or spectator on the sidelines, you have a different angle of the playing field, you are usually farther away and you aren't always totally unbiased. This makes your "perception" of the play different from anyone else's, hence your "reality" is also different.
I usually go with my gut feeling, and most of the time things work out fine.

DulcePoetica
11-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Great post -thank you. Allowing is a spiritual practice I have become very familiar with, but how to get past being stuck on a question. Wow. That little piece of gold made my day today. I am making a sign for my desk at work that reads:

And if you did know?

spirit72
11-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Ha ha ha ha ... What a brilliant idea, I have it pinned to my ceiling in my bedroom, and it reminds me to ask myself, before I sleep... And the word allow, is imbedded in my brain for life I think LoL
:hug3:

Great post -thank you. Allowing is a spiritual practice I have become very familiar with, but how to get past being stuck on a question. Wow. That little piece of gold made my day today. I am making a sign for my desk at work that reads:

And if you did know?