PDA

View Full Version : Any Marathon Runners and Figure Skaters?

Imzadi
06-06-2018, 01:47 AM
Hi everyone, I just want to reach out and see if there are any other marathoners and figure skaters out there that can help support and give each other advice. I ran my first marathon last year. Unfortunately, I had to miss two months of training prior to the race. I was hesitant to go, but I somehow managed it anyway (our bodies are amazing machines!) with a decent time. I am also considering training to do an ultra marathon and see if I can push the limits a little bit. In addition, I am also doing figure skating, but my skills are rudimentary at best. I can do single rotation jumps in both directions and a double flip and a double toe loop with some effort, lol! It's so much fun. Let me know if you guys have any comments or advice to give!

Here are some general questions that I have:

How much more challenging is training for an ultra marathon compared to a regular marathon?

I am training to do figure skating jump rotations both clockwise and counter clockwise. Should I focus on one rotational side instead so that I progress faster?

What are your favorite marathon race(s)?

Who's your favorite skater(s)?

Thanks and blessings to all! :)

P.S. Yuzuru Hanyu is my hero!

https://78.media.tumblr.com/51e619181ae1c6aea05305145db498f2/tumblr_p48jcuMdTp1srf2ipo1_500.gif

Imzadi
12-06-2018, 05:42 PM
I am working on my double axel although I fell pretty hard the other day. Once I get stronger and recover I might post some videos. :)

Clover
10-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Hello Imzadi,

I haven't seen you on the forum for a long time. How is the training doing? Are you still running Ultra's or just standard?

I am doing a couple marathons in the bay area in the next few months. I am also thinking of the 40th anniversary one in San Fran full ( or half) in July. I gotta see where I am at though pace an endurance wise which is why I am still stuck at halfs.

To answer your questions, I don't like short distancing running ( 5K, 10k's) short bursts in short times, gives me a lot of anxiety. I mean, its good to see where once is pace wise, but I personally hate them. I prefer to stay in the 21K meter. Ultra is most certainly out of the question for me ( I'd die LOL) but would be open to a mountain trail run with long distance, non race.

Hope all is well and good luck if your out there running.

explorer007
14-03-2019, 08:21 PM
i have done 2 marathon's, best time 3hrs 24mins. not sure if i will get PB this time as it's a hilly marathon. im thinking of trying an ultra marathon at some stage. it's all in the training so they say.

explorer007
14-03-2019, 08:27 PM
PB for 10miles is 1hr 8mins. half marathon 1hr 36minutes, 10k best time 41 mins, 5 mile best time 33 mins, 5k is like 20 mins. it's a lot of work you gotta train in different zones and do hill work and speed work as well as your steady longer runs. i feel like retiring at 40 from this running lark lol

Anala
15-03-2019, 02:37 AM
I am working on my double axel although I fell pretty hard the other day. Once I get stronger and recover I might post some videos. :)

Imzadi!

I would love to see a video! Wow! Your list of jumps is amazing!

I have skated since I could walk,.... but, I am old now and the last fall broke a few too many things. I still skate, but I am now more of a waltz, loopy, twirly kind of skater. I skate on roller blades; there is no ice where I live.

Good Luck with the training! I will be cheering you on! :smile: