PDA

View Full Version : John Edward.

WhiteDevil
08-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Does John Edward really have a special ability to talk to the deceased relatives of others? or does he just cold read? what do you guys think?

Silver
08-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Idk, I used to watch his show when he was first on years ago and I liked him, BUT, I also think he is probably a good example of a "mix" of cold reader and true psychic, I mean who's to say that you can't have a mix? I've heard people say we are ALL psychic, some let it lie dormant and others have discovered that they seem to have a few psychic experiences.

mac
08-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Edward claims to be a psychic medium but what does that mean?

I know what a psychic is. I know what a medium does. But why confuse the issue by describing oneself using both words? And it's not "....a special ability to talk to the deceased relatives of others" if one is a medium - that's what 'mediums' do!

If he's a psychic then there's no telling whether he's speaking to discarnate family (or friends) of an enquirer, or psychic-reading them.

If he is an (evidential medium) he should give clear evidence about whom he claims to be communicating with.

I'll leave you to decide what you think he is and what he does...

WhiteDevil
08-03-2011, 10:52 AM
I've seen the show but nothing really seemed amazing about it, he was always just half correct at best.

I read some of one of his books a few years ago too, the stuff in that seems pretty unreal, but it could just be that. UN real. you can say whatever the hell you want in a book and claim it to be truth.

I'm leaning towards him being a fake. however I think there really are people out there who can actually communicate with the dead.

Also whats the difference between a psychic and a medium? lol, I always figured it was just 2 different words for the same thing.

Native spirit
08-03-2011, 10:58 AM
:smile: Everybody i psychic it depends how aware you are of it and how you use it, a psychic reader will pick up on the energy of the person, and voice vibration in some cases,

A medium has the ability to speak to spirit.they higher their vibrations to meet the vibration of the spirit.

i read both ways mediumystic and psychic. i have seen many mediums in my time and very few have come up to my expectations. cold reading does come in to it by some but not all,

Namaste

mac
08-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I've seen the show but nothing really seemed amazing about it, he was always just half correct at best.

I read some of one of his books a few years ago too, the stuff in that seems pretty unreal, but it could just be that. UN real. you can say whatever the hell you want in a book and claim it to be truth.

I'm leaning towards him being a fake. however I think there really are people out there who can actually communicate with the dead.

Also whats the difference between a psychic and a medium? lol, I always figured it was just 2 different words for the same thing.
"Also whats the difference between a psychic and a medium? lol, I always figured it was just 2 different words for the same thing." What you've described is commonplace and people don't understand that they are not the same. :icon_frown:

However, because this happens so frequently the old meaning of medium is disappearing fast and it's not uncommon for even practitioners to misunderstand what they do or use the wrong description.

Throw into the pot the word 'reading' and we're in a minefield of misunderstood and misused terminology.

No wonder the 'professionals' can make a comfortable living without those they serve understanding what they're getting.:icon_frown:

Roselove
09-03-2011, 11:59 AM
he gets his psychic info from spirits my guess is.

Jules
09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
having read and watched John for a number of years, personally I don't believe he DOES cold read. I've seen Colin Fry cold read, as has Derek Acorah.

A 'cold reader' uses his OWN thoughts, putting their own interpretation into a read, watching body language, voice changes etc, allowing ego to get in the way. it's been openly admitted that Sylvia Brown is a cold reader. Apparantly her hubby blew the lid.

A MEDIUM will follow CERT ..
COMMUNICATOR
EVIDENCE
REASON
TYING IT UP.

COMMUNICATOR. The Spirit 'person' that is communicating with the Medium. This is usually someone known to the sitter although sometimes it can be a distant relative who acts as a vibrational bridge for the sitter's closer contacts enabling recognition of Spirit by descriptions. Age, height, hair colour, scars, dress, illnesses, passing conditions etc.

EVIDENCE. Past memories, current situations, health issues, thoughts that only the sitter knows about.

REASON. The reason for the message ie, asking for forgiveness, to bring support, giving thanks etc.

TYING IT UP. This is tying all the information gained together, proving without doubt that Spiirit Communication has taken place.

A PSYCHIC on the other hand, doesn't communicate with the Spirit of a passed loved one but actually with the spirit of the sitter. Everything we are now, ever have been or ever will be in the future is all contained within the 'aura' .. but to my mind the information comes through on a lesser vibratation.

@mac .. you ask what a psychic medium is ...
a psychic medium starts off on the lower vibrational level, reading the 'sitter' themselves then raising to attain Spirit Communication.

A Spiritual Medium is one who links straight into Spirit without reading the sitter first.

Hope that helps a bit
Jue xx

mac
09-03-2011, 02:48 PM
"@mac .. you ask what a psychic medium is ...
a psychic medium starts off on the lower vibrational level, reading the 'sitter' themselves then raising to attain Spirit Communication.

A Spiritual Medium is one who links straight into Spirit without reading the sitter first."

Thanks, Jue.

I follow what you've explained but that's a distinction without a difference in my mind. Provided that the eventual outcome is evidential mediumship, the mode of getting there is of little consequence to my mind so why even mention being a psychic medium?

I have to ask this. If a sitter/enquirer is there for an evidential sitting, what value would psychic information gained from the enquirer have? It's only for the practitioner to become 'tuned in' and I hold concerns that certain practitioners will substitute auric reading for evidential mediumship, with the sitter unaware of what was happening.... I make these points generally as I know you understand them already.

I wonder how many practitioners titling themselves 'psychic mediums' would agree with your definition or will address my concerns?

And I wonder how many 'psychic mediums' are primarily psychic/auric readers with little, or no, evidential mediumship in their repertoire?

Jules
09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I follow what you've explained but that's a distinction without a difference in my mind. Provided that the eventual outcome is evidential mediumship, the mode of getting there is of little consequence to my mind so why even mention being a psychic mediumThere's every difference mac. With BRITISH law being the way it is, one of the policies of the SNU is that the MEDIUM states whether they are working psychically or mediumistically. For instance, if using any form of 'tools' ie tarot, crystals etc and spirit communication is established, then whatever means must be laid aside and the client informed.

I have to ask this. If a sitter/enquirer is there for an evidential sitting, what value would psychic information gained from the enquirer have? It's only for the practitioner to become 'tuned in' and I hold concerns that certain practitioners will substitute auric reading for evidential mediumship, with the sitter unaware of what was happening.... I make these points generally as I know you understand them already.
Unfortunately, that is what gives the genuine Mediums a bad name. I've seen it sooo many times when a new reader tries to offer evidential mediumship when it is purely a psychic reading. I've seen it happen in church too during a platform demonstration.

But to be honest I think this is where the newbies are falling down. They jump in with both feet first, excitement takes over that they can actually get things right but can't differentiate between the energies - and it takes a LOT of work, training, acceptance and trust. To me, PSYCHIC awareness is paramount in a Mediums' development. Not just to help build confidence, developing their senses, trust, intuition etc but also in that energy recognition and vibrational change process.

I wonder how many practitioners titling themselves 'psychic mediums' would agree with your definition or will address my concerns?
Well, I suppose it's down to each individuals perception, and how much the agree or disagree with either of us lol.

And I wonder how many 'psychic mediums' are primarily psychic/auric readers with little, or no, evidential mediumship in their repertoire?Again this comes down to their own training (or lack of in some cases) and ego. From a different perspective though, one must also recognise that everyone is at their own level - and we've all had to start at the beginning :).

(http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fprofile.php%3Fdo%3Daddlist%26amp%3Buserli st%3Dbuddy%26amp%3Bu%3D1645)

mac
10-03-2011, 02:07 AM
[quote=Jules]There's every difference mac. With BRITISH law being the way it is, one of the policies of the SNU is that the MEDIUM states whether they are working psychically or mediumistically. For instance, if using any form of 'tools' ie tarot, crystals etc and spirit communication is established, then whatever means must be laid aside and the client informed. That's a fair point, Jules, for mediums making charges there, but that applies only in the UK and our Transatlantic cousins are unaffected by our laws.

Unfortunately, that is what gives the genuine Mediums a bad name. I've seen it sooo many times when a new reader tries to offer evidential mediumship when it is purely a psychic reading. I've seen it happen in church too during a platform demonstration. And this comes down to there being a need for a better support structure than we have at present and less demand being made on developing mediums.

But to be honest I think this is where the newbies are falling down. They jump in with both feet first, excitement takes over that they can actually get things right but can't differentiate between the energies - and it takes a LOT of work, training, acceptance and trust. same remark as above...To me, PSYCHIC awareness is paramount in a Mediums' development. Not just to help build confidence, developing their senses, trust, intuition etc but also in that energy recognition and vibrational change process. As is often said, all mediums are psychic etc. There would be no communication, no medium, if they were not psychic and hence able to communicate with the unseen family and friends of their sitters....

Well, I suppose it's down to each individuals perception, and how much the agree or disagree with either of us lol. We're back to the fundamental of what each individual thinks a medium can / should be able to do. I know exactly what my medium must be able to do and I'm fairly confident I know what you think about your medium...:smile:

Again this comes down to their own training (or lack of in some cases) and ego. And down to what I've mentioned above. Sensitives of whatever flavour may genuinely believe they're doing the 'right thing' giving readings, channelling so-called ascended masters or what-have-you From a different perspective though, one must also recognise that everyone is at their own level - and we've all had to start at the beginning :). No problem there provided we don't end up in a blind alley, eh? :wink: (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fprofile.php%25253Fdo%25253Daddl ist%252526amp%25253Buserlist%25253Dbuddy%252526amp %25253Bu%25253D1645)
(http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fprofile.php%25253Fdo%25253Daddl ist%252526amp%25253Buserlist%25253Dbuddy%252526amp %25253Bu%25253D1645)

Foodmuse
10-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Jule,
I enjoyed your "reading" on this question. It opened awareness in consiousness. Thank you.
Foodmuse

Jules
10-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Jule,
I enjoyed your "reading" on this question. It opened awareness in consiousness. Thank you.
FoodmuseYou're very welcome me love.. pleased to meet you btw :) :hug3:

Jules
10-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Morning Mac :)

That's a fair point, Jules, for mediums making charges there, but that applies only in the UK and our Transatlantic cousins are unaffected by our laws.
Sighhh quite agreed. Saying that it's as rife over here too. there's just too many that jump in both feet first without understanding the fundamentals. And there's not enough development circles about these days either. I know of a few fab online ones but there's not many offline that aren't associated with the church so I'm starting one up once I've got the dining room sorted out in the new house. A basic beginners psychic awareness group - and its great because they're all youngsters, which is obviously brilliant to see. Well between 16 and 24 anyway.

And this comes down to there being a need for a better support structure than we have at present and less demand being made on developing mediums.
I absolutely agree but this is where the fall down of the church is coming into play. I know we've had the discussion many times of the failings of the SNU churches, what with ego, belittlement, and jelousies etc, but they DO have a brilliant training course - to a point. funnily enough I went to their website yesterday and they've changed the ethos. They are now accepting the Universal laws which is something they never did before. Or certainly from when I did my training anyway.
I remember being told once by someone quite high up that I wasn't allowed to bring an animal through as a communicator - because animals can't talk. Obviously being at the stage I was and VERY impressionable I believed her. When it happened again and I got in trouble I challenged her. Animals are Spirit just as we are, and can bring far more comfort to someone than a long distant relative could. she still wouldn't accept it and said excuse me, who's the experienced Medium here? that's when my association with the church started to waver. Not the fact that she wouldn't agree, but the fact that she wasn't open to the possibility of changing her truth. Of course NOW I realise that each of us have a role to play, have our own way of working - and thinking lol.

As is often said, all mediums are psychic etc. There would be no communication, no medium, if they were not psychic and hence able to communicate with the unseen family and friends of their sitters....
Of course not. But this is WHY they need the psychic development first .. in order to recognise that energy. It's also important to understand the varying energies of guides/Spirit/Angels etc. It helps immensely with identification! :P

We're back to the fundamental of what each individual thinks a medium can / should be able to do. I know exactly what my medium must be able to do and I'm fairly confident I know what you think about your medium...:smile:Lololol now that's very true :D .. and of course I do :). But saying that, sometimes you know mac - the message is just as important to the sitter, and Spirit will use whatever medium or tool, they can in order to get that message across - even if it's their Higher C that's talking to them. I've had two occassions just very recently of bringing Spirit through, extremely clear descriptions etc .. fired off the messages, to the point where it had one sitter in tears - only to find out after the reading the spirit was still alive. That freaked me out, but it's only when I sat with it and understood we're all Spirit anway and as one so why wouldn't it happen? And nope before you say it lol, it wasn't psychic reading. I saw felt and heard Spirit as I do when they've crossed.

And down to what I've mentioned above. Sensitives of whatever flavour may genuinely believe they're doing the 'right thing' giving readings, channelling so-called ascended masters or what-have-youVery much so but what some people fail to realise is that you have someone's life in your hands. What you say and how you say it can make or break a person. And this is where personal responsibility comes into its own.
On a higher level, all we can do is help light the way for the newbies. Hoping they understand what a responsibility they have on their hands. This isn't a game, it's healing at its finest - or should be given the right tools and developing compassion, integrity, honesty, truth and love along the way. But on a brighter note you know the old adage - when the pupil's ready the teacher appears :). Much love. Jue x

LightFilledHeart
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Every medium is a psychic, but not every psychic is also a medium

Jules
10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
very very true :)

mac
10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Every medium is a psychic, but not every psychic is also a medium

We've already done this....

progg77
14-03-2011, 09:06 AM
any thoughts on sally morgan she seems very good. ??

mac
14-03-2011, 02:58 PM
any thoughts on sally morgan she seems very good. ??

good at what?

Lynn
14-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Does John Edward really have a special ability to talk to the deceased relatives of others? or does he just cold read? what do you guys think?

Hello

It is all a part of " Cold Reading " as he doesn ot know whom will or will not come to him. We that are Medium's can ask for that LOVed on to join us but we are only the vessel they use, if they are not willing or the energy is not there communications will not come.

I have had the pleasure many year's ago of meeting and doing a workshop with Mr. Edward and he is the "REAL DEAL". I found him to be a man of huge feelings and compassions for the work he does. He has a passion to pass on what he knows and move us all forward to more open undertanding that we do not die and that is that.

I will admit he is different some might say a bit exentric BUT at the Metaphysical Church I attend I am often calld " ODD" in the most affectionate way as I too have ways that are not alway understood .

Lynn