PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels

BlueOrchid
07-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone,

Just been thinking about this recently as I'm fairly new to the subject but can someone explain the difference to me between a spirit guide and a guardian angel, have they got different purposes in the afterlife or the same purpose, can they be people who you know or people you don't know?

Thanks.

Rah nam
07-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I have noticed there are many views out there what most understand on this subject.
People will lean one way or the other, depending whether they like to be looked after by a superior entity or if they see themselves as an equal entity in all that is.
In my understanding, a guide, and all have a No 1 guide, all others I see as helpers who can be there for a period of time or for a particular phase of in one's life. Those guides try to implement our life plane trough arrangements, and subtle suggestions. There are exceptions, in particular those who are here in service, they usually have more then one guide.
What is known as guardian angels are in my understanding part of ourselves. We need to understand, if we see, understand what and who we are, not the total self is near the physical body. Actually only a small part of our Self is near the physical body. But if we want to call it an angel, that is fine, the angelic energy is never far away. Most people like the idea, something exterior looking after them. And an angel sounds great.
Rah nam

TheReason
08-03-2011, 06:12 AM
I think everyone has different beliefs on this subject, and no one is really "right or wrong". This is simply my outlook on it:

I believe that we all have guides around us, whether or not we acknowledge their presence is an entirely different matter. I am not religious in the least bit, but I do call some of the guides around me "angels", and I also know I have other guides too - one is an Indian woman. I do think our guides appear to us visually how we feel most comfortable. Different cultures may see their guides a little differently than other cultures because it's how they believe. I also believe in our "higher-self" which is wiser and living in the spiritual realm within us. This part of ourselves works as a guide too, and we can often consult to that higher self when we need help.

I don't think the "details" really matter so much when it comes to our guides. It's subjective to each person. It's a deep matter to go into on one post, but if you are curious, I suggest reading books about spirit guides, angels, etc. That way you can get your own perspective on the subject.
That's what I did anyway...

Ciqala
08-03-2011, 07:21 AM
I am not sure of the difference between angels and guides, nor am i sure there is a difference, but i think it would be the classifications of angels being messengers of god, and spirit guides can be a whole arrangement of helpers, even passed loved ones can take on our case, though usually they are all high frequency beings of love and light, and i consider them all equal with respect. When I pray I refer to them as "Angels and Spirit Guides", mostly because i have so many it's hard to tell the difference.
In the spiritual realms it becomes vastly confusing of all the high frequency beings I "see" as my guides, or the images and appearances they come to me in, they all look different and they are all significant, thus there is no way i could classify them to names, though if i did, i would know there would be a lot more names and classifications than just guides and angels, but i think those two terms basically describe a high frequency being that is assigned to helping us through our life paths. Some see angels with wings, some see angels with a white orb, i've seen angelic appearing beings, but there is a lot more than just searching for credibility when it comes to any high frequency being, it's the aspect of what they have to offer us. In personal experience, when i look at any of my guides through clairvoyance, they all look different, and when i just see their presence, they all have high frequency sparkly energies around them, and they are all loving. Spirit guide can also refer to animal spirits and ancestors, past loved ones, and humans or ascended masters that choose to take on the job of assisting us through our journeys, or even loving spirits we call up on to help us out at certain times, or those who decide to come and help us out during certain times, and i am sure it can stand for many other things as well - hopefully loving ;)

Gauss
08-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I quote Lao Tzu in this regard(and I agree with him too and don´t follow them or take their advice, I just try to go to a higher level and bypass them):

“I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any”. Lao Tzu

Merlin6
08-03-2011, 09:33 AM
A rose by any other name........

SerquetAsa
08-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Personally I believe that the guardian angel of sorts, watches out for us in the here and now, and a spirit guide helps you to pass on and/or choose another vessel in which you shall learn again.

BlueOrchid
08-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you all for your lovely responses it is a most interesting subject that I have only just started looking into. Have just got some books on the subject this morning from our local library funnily enough.

Yozhik
10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I think the difference is in their function. The way I understand, guardian angels help us avoid danger, protect us. Spirit guides - guide and stir us in the direction of our highest self.

So, for example, if you narrowly avoided a car accident, it would be your guardian angel that helped you avoid a situation you don't need on your path. If you got into one - very well might be your spirit guide giving you a situation that you need for your learning and growth.

Every time I feel that life is just steering me in some direction and things are unfolding almost beyond my control, I think that's spirit guides at work.

That's just how I understand it at this point.