PDA

View Full Version : Finding My Path?

Scibat
06-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Recently I did some soul searching and realized with my life experiences and desire to help others I would do well in some kind of spiritual guidance arena (Pastor, counselor etc.). The problem is I am still trying to prove to myself that there is something else beyond the material world to believe in. I think there probably is, but not enough yet to stake my faith in it.

I have tried prayer, meditations, quiet contemplation and study all hoping to get some kind of signal or sign with how to pursue this further. But thus far nothing has revealed itself to me, and I have been carefully looking for any subtle signs or serendipitous events that could be a message.

I don't feel I am "trying too hard" as I have been rather relaxed and sort of just waiting. But I am asking here if maybe I am doing something wrong in my methodology, or should try some other approach to get a signal on how to proceed next? Or how to see the spiritual for what it is, so I feel comfortable moving forward? :confused:

Enya
06-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Just take a step. Then another one. And another. Look for what resonates with you, what feels right. Maybe start with basic counselling skills or healing. You don't come to such a thing full-fledged and understanding, you build on your experiences. Your problem is only one as long as you allow it to be. Let the path teach you what you need to understand. :smile:

spirit72
06-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I agree with Enya,
If your feeling drawn to spirituality, but not yet convinced your ready, your going to have to pick a path you feel happy with, blind leap of faith... Often that blind leap of faith is very much guided, if your waiting for a sign it will not happen, it's your life, and you have to live it... It is not for spirit or angels to help you find your path, as often a mistake is a great platform for a great opportunity and learning, you never know, the help you seek may just come along, when you take steps to dip your toe in the water.

AngelBreeze
06-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Warm greetings, Scibat!

As I was reading your posting I felt that there is nothing wrong with your current approach however, when your true time has come you will be shown your true direction.

In the meantime, I was intuitively made aware, you might consider doing some public service or reaching out to others in some way. This shows much to those around you and their thankful vibrations can rekindle your inner motivations to continue on this path and open up new ways to reach your ultimate destination.

And always remember the old adage "When the student is ready the teacher will appear."

Patience is indeed a virtue and although many times we feel that we cannot wait for something to happen or to come to us, it is in waiting for further direction that many things are refined on different levels of being. Good things are truly worth waiting for! Your time will come so do not be impatient at the moment. When it does arrive you will know it the instant it starts knocking at your door!

Deus tecum with wishes for a beautiful day!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Greenslade
06-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Gotta go with Enya on this one. Sometimes logic doesn't work so where do you go from there? Forget your mind, the mind can be very limiting often and it can only work with what you've experienced so far. It's not designed to see round corners. Use your imagination. Your imagination is not limited and go anywhere, any when anyhow. Listen to your Heart. Your Heart will guide you and help you find what works for you and what doesn't. As Enya says, find what resonates with you - find your Own Truth, there's none better. And if the teacher doesn't appear even though the pupil is ready? Then the teacher isn't needed.

Sometimes being on the 'wrong Path' or not on a Path in particular isn't such a bad thing after all. It means you can think what you want and how you want, you're not limited in any way. Sometimes focus is good, sometimes it's another word for blinkers. Safe Journey, wherever it takes you. Just sit back and watch the wind in the sails for now, it can be a good feeling.

Rah nam
06-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Finding your path?

You never have been off it. Where ever you go, where ever you step, that is your path. As you change everything around you changes.

Gerryh
06-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I think the pathway was there from the beginning.Why don't you just get started with the process of helping others and see whether it is the right path for you.What do you need to wait for?A sign? signpost?Bolt of thunder?
No... Just do it!
Best wishes Gerry

Ciqala
06-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Yes, you already had your sign and guidance my friend :) That is your realization you may be good at helping others. It can be easier to break it down into smaller steps as Enya has said, whereas step one for you has already come. Many people make the mistake of expecting a full blown answer, but your guidance will come after you complete each step and inspiration that comes to you, whereas you have already overlooked the first one, you are ignoring it - which is what leaves you in your stagnant period.
Your first guidance is to look into the different areas you can work in, you have to do the work in the search. Perhaps you find that starting a simple meditation group, or opening your home to a spiritual group is the first step which resonates with you, or perhaps you find going in for schooling to better your education for becoming a counsellor resonates with you. Open up google and research the possibilities, you had the inspiration now you must do the work in the first step of using it.
Be open to everything that comes your way while you are doing the searching, some opportunities may open that you may not understand. But you must work with the first guidance you received, or else you will be stuck in the meantime before you gain your next guided step. So look into your first realization, which is what the situation calls for. If you put it off or wait for something else, it may not come, so jump in and start using what the universe gifted to you already. Sending blessings and luck your way on following your path!
You can't always just sit back and wait - once you receive your magic and inspiration, you must go out and use it and do the work.

themaster
06-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Recently I did some soul searching and realized with my life experiences and desire to help others I would do well in some kind of spiritual guidance arena (Pastor, counselor etc.). The problem is I am still trying to prove to myself that there is something else beyond the material world to believe in. I think there probably is, but not enough yet to stake my faith in it.

I have tried prayer, meditations, quiet contemplation and study all hoping to get some kind of signal or sign with how to pursue this further. But thus far nothing has revealed itself to me, and I have been carefully looking for any subtle signs or serendipitous events that could be a message.

I don't feel I am "trying too hard" as I have been rather relaxed and sort of just waiting. But I am asking here if maybe I am doing something wrong in my methodology, or should try some other approach to get a signal on how to proceed next? Or how to see the spiritual for what it is, so I feel comfortable moving forward?Hey.. why don't you ask a big question like..

What does it all mean? :D

Sorry, just using a little humor to lighten the situation.. :smile:

First off creator god.. what have you asked for?

I mean did you ask for change.. a parking space.. coffee.. free donuts?

Or did you say.. I want to know why I exist..?? I want to know the meaning of life itself? I need god incarnate to come down here.. flame up this bush and tell me the 10 commandments in person! and STAT!

Here is what I know all right?

This is a game of free choice.. however, the choice to be here is not always conscious.. k?

So you could be one of those that hates the world.. hates god.. turned your back on him etc. yet, god is you! So the only one you turned your back on.. was yourself! :D

If I were you.. I'd spend every day being happy as I possibly can.. yes!

That's what I'd do..

themaster
06-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm in school right now to become a "shaman" a "magician" one who could create what others would call "impossible" whole planets, the death star.. whatever I want.. that's what I'm in school to create..

Yet even though I've been in this school for 1+ years and another 2+ is on the table.. and I can't even manifest a goddamn apple! :D

I don't give up.. I keep going.. I find myself on this path generally more happy.. more enlightened.. but you won't find me channeling "god" or "metatron" or telling you I know for certain on october 12th in Tahiti a factor 7 earthquake will kill 90,000..

Nope, I don't know that stuff.. I don't have that kind of access.. yet, I keep going..

Alright.. you want to know about "how do I find my path?"

Good question.. you’re not the only one asking.. k..?

Here I am.. 33 (soon) I got no house, no bills, I don't feel like working anymore.. I have 60k in cash and I really want to travel and create whole planets.. but how the f$#% do I do that when again I can't instantly manifest a apple? :D

The answer is I don't.. I wait.. I get as happy as I can and I get as comfortable as I can..

I have as much fun/excitement as I can have each day.. I wonder around do things.. and then one day you.. randomly (not really) run into what you want.. that's how worlds are created..

You find the partner you’re looking for when you’re NOT looking.. you find that dream house that was in your mind for 10 years.. when you’re NOT looking.. that's how you find your path.. you stop using the EGO and you start using the HEART..

There's my advice from one pathfinder to another.. k? :smile:

blackfellawhitefella
07-03-2011, 10:22 AM
.everywhere is holy ground , is it not ?

how about seeking the rythym of grace instead

Scibat
08-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Definitely lots of wonderful ideas and food for thought. I had been considering some kind of volunteer work as means of jump starting things, and after reading the replies here I think that may indeed be the way to go.

Thanks everyone. :smile: