PDA

View Full Version : white/black witch.

Madness95
05-03-2011, 01:22 AM
i think i'm going to be both. so i need some help. any info on what its like being either a white witch or a black witch?

thankies!
~M.

Animus27
05-03-2011, 08:21 AM
You'll have to be a little bit more precise than that...

Are you looking for just sources on witchcraft? Or witchcraft within a Wiccan-esqe framework, etc?

Also, it would be helpful for you to elaborate on what you mean by being a black/white witch. All three of those words are very vague lol.

norseman
05-03-2011, 08:40 AM
There is no such thing as a White/Black witch as such. The difference lies in the intent of the witch. Many witches follow the "crooked path" i.e. "Grey" witchcraft.
Perhaps if you write the word as it is meant to be, then it may become clearer
Witch Craft, not witchcraft. The craft is essentially, the tools of the trade stripped of any trace of dogma or religion. So then "black/white" becomes how you use the Craft. Dont get mixed up between the "old" and the "new" in this. Wicca has a watered down Craft at the heart. Remember, Gardner referred to the "new" as New Witchcraft. In fact, dump the word "witch" entirely - that is a christian word ! Witch Craft was called the Craft of the Wise and witches - the Wise or Cunning Folk.

SerquetAsa
06-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Might need a little more explanation than that -

What kind of path within the faith are you looking for?
What do you want out of it?
What are your reasons?

None of these have to be publicly answered, but consider them when figuring out what it is you want to be, and how you will carry yourself.

7he4uthor
15-03-2011, 11:32 AM
There is no such thing as a White/Black witch as such. The difference lies in the intent of the witch. Many witches follow the "crooked path" i.e. "Grey" witchcraft.
Perhaps if you write the word as it is meant to be, then it may become clearer
Witch Craft, not witchcraft. The craft is essentially, the tools of the trade stripped of any trace of dogma or religion. So then "black/white" becomes how you use the Craft. Dont get mixed up between the "old" and the "new" in this. Wicca has a watered down Craft at the heart. Remember, Gardner referred to the "new" as New Witchcraft. In fact, dump the word "witch" entirely - that is a christian word ! Witch Craft was called the Craft of the Wise and witches - the Wise or Cunning Folk.

0h what a world-wide-wicca-web we weave !
Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the While ['Caucasian' is the right word?], or Gandalf the Black ?

Black magic is secret, it is called black magic because the agenda is kept obscured to maintain the power lock.
White magic operstes in open view there is no hidden obscured agenda because there is nothing to hide and no powerlock.

To the above post ... a grave error ...
WITch comes from the old English word WIT which means 'wise'.
Crafty, inventive, creative = creator.

Wicca means the same as Veda = knowledge
specifically the knowledge of God = psychic power/ability = magic.

1 have authored published book on this but wouldnt wish to reveal my ID
suggest reading, doubtful 2me u will get good info on 4ums.

The black magic is often harmful [evil = live backwards] but white magic is also harmful but few have the ability to see it.
The agenda [THEY call 'intention' ... a fad word]
is power, more power, more power ... control/manipulation/administration of external bodies/souls, like religion ...

If you dont know what kind [kindred] of witch you want 2b
[witch is a BeYouTfull word] then you have a looong way to study
remember ... Practice makes perfect
so parctice dont preach ...
you learn on your own by doing, reading will supply some gifts, but also distractions.

You are under mind-control of an external body to ask the question you asked.
this is very evident.
White and Black are polarities used in mind control and reality resides outside these definitions to those who can see.

Do what comes naturally to you
stay this course no matter what
make a creed of who you are today to look back on in 40 years
re-read it often
write a book of light not shadows
this book will contain your inner vision and apocalypses
you may consort with other who claim the craft but every time you do re-read your personal creed lest they should sway your view.

you will find in time that you bring balance to the wider picture.
light/brilliance = knowledge/intelligence
darkness/black = secrecy/ingnorance
gray = impotence/balance/neutrality
gold = divinity/mastery/ascension
other colors including purple [royalty] are not desirable and involve fraud.

stay invisible if you make it ...
never claim anything to other witches, dont label yourself.
never trust a witch, always remain vigilent
never join a coven, but if you make it to empowerment you may start one
get there on your own, never allow a debt to another, such a debt would be forever and not worth whatever you were after as it aws coming to you anyways.

well 1 can see youre a beginner so
if you can follow this advise you may be blessed enough to look back one day and understand its usefulness

if you ernestly seek it is coming to you, dont rush what is already yours.

norseman
15-03-2011, 11:49 AM
"WITch comes from the old English word WIT which means 'wise'.
Crafty, inventive, creative = creator.
Wicca means the same as Veda = knowledge
specifically the knowledge of God = psychic power/ability = magic."

Not quite correct.
"Druid" is worth a look. The proto-celtic stem is Druwid which has two Indo-European roots -
Deru meaning Oak but also firm, solid, steadfast i.e. true in Anglo-Saxon
Weid meaning "to see" also knowledge as in Wit [Anglo-Saxon] and Veda [Sanscrit]
So, druid could be translated as True Knowledge or True Sight.

nightowl
15-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Good suggestion Norseman, Druid practices and beliefs are very beneficial.

nightowl

7he4uthor
16-03-2011, 07:23 AM
that was welcomed ...

'spiritual sight' = understanding

universal understanding
the understanding of god/spitit/divine/sacred/unity/universe

Hazel
04-04-2011, 06:57 PM
i agree with norseman in the wiccan religion there is no white or black these are all steryo types from hollywood movies or people scared of what we do, we control what we do though many wiccan's believe we should not use the magick to harm others or bend people's will - for example if you did a spell to be with someone for eternity it may not be just this life you are stuck with them it could also be every other life and if you wanted to seperate from the chosen person then you would say be able to stop the relationship but they would constantly follow you and be everywhere you are meaning that you just cant get away from them so you need to be carefull with what spells you do and well what aim you have in mind for the spell

Wolfe of Wildwood
23-04-2011, 07:23 PM
True magic is neither black nor white, it simply is. Some try to practice "black" or "white" magic, but this is only the intent of the witch. It's just sorta follow the wiccan creed thing:
If ye harm none
Do as ye will.

Sorry if this info is off guys, I'm sorta new age, so my wicca might be a little untraditional, I'm not sure.

Hazel
08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
True magic is neither black nor white, it simply is. Some try to practice "black" or "white" magic, but this is only the intent of the witch. It's just sorta follow the wiccan creed thing:
If ye harm none
Do as ye will.

Sorry if this info is off guys, I'm sorta new age, so my wicca might be a little untraditional, I'm not sure.

It's not off wolfe of wildwood for someone newage it's pretty acurate :color: as there is no black or white and it is just the intention of the caster and the whole wiccan creed is:
Bide the wiccan law ye must
in perfect love and perfect trust
Eight words the wiccan Rede Fulfill:
An' ye harm none, do what ye will

What ye send forth comes back to thee
So ever mind the rule of three
Follow this with mind and heart
Merry ye meet, and merry ye part

Wolfe of Wildwood
09-05-2011, 11:40 PM
thanks :] wasn't sure. I sometimes say things that don't fit what tradition states. Also, you can't always trust the internet, which is unfortunately where I get nearly all my information.

Lunacie
10-05-2011, 12:01 AM
I believe that magic is something we use, like a tool. It doesn't matter to me if my hammer has a black handle or a white handle or a blue handle or a red handle. I can use my magic or my hammer to build/create something or I can use it to destroy/harm something.

If I'm using my hammer to break apart something like an old shed and then using my hammer to build something new with the wood - am I a "black witch" or a "white witch?" Those labels have little meaning for me.

norseman
10-05-2011, 08:21 AM
"Magic" is the channeling and directing of natural Earth energies,. These are neither black nor white, they just are. The "flavour" comes from the intent of the user. Many "witches" follow the Crooked Path which veers from black to white.

White Rabbit Australia
16-05-2011, 12:00 PM
i think i'm going to be both. so i need some help. any info on what its like being either a white witch or a black witch?

thankies!
~M.

I can give you some info based on my experience. I have acted to channel both darkness on its own or light on its own at one time or another through the Craft or other LHP mediums/paths - they both have their advantages and their drawbacks; its only when you combine them that balance is achieved.

Live one, then other other, then combine the two experiences as a synthesis.

:)

WR

Tarz
03-06-2011, 09:37 PM
I can give you some info based on my experience. I have acted to channel both darkness on its own or light on its own at one time or another through the Craft or other LHP mediums/paths - they both have their advantages and their drawbacks; its only when you combine them that balance is achieved.

Live one, then the other, then combine the two experiences as a synthesis.

:)

WR

Best yet, :hug3: everyone follow White Rabbit Australia :D and put an end to this, Black and white, good and bad, find that balance

LightFilledHeart
04-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Many who work with magic dabble in a bit of both white and black. I've heard them referred to as "grey witches" :wink: In other words they wouldn't do anything truly evil, but they're not above spellingn someone to walk into a wall and get a goose egg on their forehead if said person has been cruel to an animal, for example, or crossed some other boundary.

Lynn
04-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Hello

I have to agree with Wolfe of the Wildwood here in simply Black and White is but intent. We are all I personally feel of the Light and the Dark in us it is HOW we personally choose to use and balance that in us.

Having followed along the path of both what is perceived as Light ( God ) and the Dark ( Satan ) I have come to find it was nothing more than personal growth for me. To bring me to the place of peace and balance I am now in. The intent was to simply learn and not to act in harmful ways.

Its time that the understandings move past the dull and boarning movies and TV shows that are out there. That is not real or real life.

Go with what path fits to ye and to what feels right in one's gut as that place does not lie to one. If it feels wrong then it is wrong.

Lynn

Sungirl
04-06-2011, 05:00 PM

thankies!
~M.

How do you decide that you are going to be this? Surely you follow a path that is right for you and then, if necessary, you find a label that suits.

In asking how to be a black/white witch it sounds like you see that these labels are perceived in a certain way and it is that perception you want people to have of you.

The question you need to be asking imho is "how do I find out about witchcraft to see if it is right for me?"

Just read a lot, talk to a lot of people and see what fits... worry about the labels later on when you are trying to tell others what path you follow... you may end up finding that neither white or black witch suits at all. You might even find none of the pagan paths suit you.

Chrysaetos
04-06-2011, 05:13 PM
If ye harm none
Do as ye will.That's a great creed..

Hazel
04-06-2011, 06:20 PM
thanks :] wasn't sure. I sometimes say things that don't fit what tradition states. Also, you can't always trust the internet, which is unfortunately where I get nearly all my information.
I agree with not being able to trust the internet - there are a few books around that have information on Wicca a good one i have is Spells & charms by Soraya. I've found it so maybe it could help you aswell?

norseman
04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
"A Grimoire for Modern Cunningfolk" by Peter Paddon.

As far as informational books on wicca, stick with properly researched books coming out of British Universities [ my choice - Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits by Emma Wilby ]. Why British ? - go back to the source !
I agree with Hazel, most books on wicca are garbage !

Sungirl
04-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I like Marion Green's books, they are a lovely non-pretentious description of her version of witchcraft... Rae Beth's Hedgewitch is also a good starting point.

I also thought the books I read by Scott Cunningham were interesting too.

I often (and maybe wrongly) pick my books by how down to earth the author's name is. "Silver Raven Wolf" or "Titania" simply turn me off because they sound like they are trying too hard to fulfill an image... "Marion Green" sounds like she has nothing to prove just a desire to pass on information and wisdom, which she does beautifully :)

Also, books that want to teach you spellcraft from the start, before they teach you about the repercussions are a no-no to me too. Maybe some people don't believe in something like karma or more classically "the rule of threefold return" but personally I want to know what might be coming back to me before I start doing workings...

norseman
04-06-2011, 07:40 PM
" "Silver Raven Wolf" or "Titania"

:D I was trying to be discrete :D but you got my meaning exactly !
A thing about repercussions of Craft work is that you create your own fate and your own repercussions. Another thing that come from within, not from outside.

Sungirl
04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
A thing about repercussions of Craft work is that you create your own fate and your own repercussions. Another thing that come from within, not from outside.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree with that one :hug:

norseman
05-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Hiya Tilia :smile:
I maybe have a different interpretation of the Lore of Three-Fold Return [ not Law :wink: ]
I see that everything you do, returns to you in three areas. Mind, Body, and Spirit or Id, Ego, Superego, or Parent, Adult, Child.
Posted this a while back
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3935
It's all about interpretation I think :hug2:

Sungirl
05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
have to say the "three fold" bit doesn't resonate with me either... I'm a karma girl. I just know that when I do something out of ego, whenever I am a little bit nasty it bites me on the **** one way or another.

As for "law" and "lore".. I'm not a big one for fancy words. I work on the basis of getting the message across in a way that people understand. "lore" makes it sound esoteric and maybe a little mysterious "law" sounds like something someone can understand.

Once again I'm on the "Silver Raven Wolf" or "Marion Green" concept. One turns me off, one makes it sound accessible.

norseman
05-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Certainly with you on that :smile: Fancy titles switch me off rapidly too - High Priestess/Priest of this and that. If that's important to some, join the catholic church !

Sungirl
05-06-2011, 09:35 AM
it's like the root of a word, where that word comes from. It doesn't seem important to me. What I need to know is what that word means to the person I am talking to. I am only trying to get a concept across to that person, not someone hundreds of years ago.

Take the word "gay" means something completely different to what it did say 70 years ago.... all that matters now is how the word is interpreted now.

norseman
05-06-2011, 09:52 AM
As far as I can work out, the idea of a Three-Fold lore/law came with Gardner and wicca. Certainly did not exist in pagan creeds as far as I can gather. The idea of Consequences most certainly does as part of the Web and the Wheel and the idea that you are responsible for the consequences of your actions. Makes more sense that, to me. :smile:

Sungirl
05-06-2011, 10:02 AM
yup, me too. :)

LadyMoondancer
07-07-2011, 01:10 PM
How do you decide that you are going to be this? Surely you follow a path that is right for you and then, if necessary, you find a label that suits.

In asking how to be a black/white witch it sounds like you see that these labels are perceived in a certain way and it is that perception you want people to have of you.

The question you need to be asking imho is "how do I find out about witchcraft to see if it is right for me?"

Just read a lot, talk to a lot of people and see what fits... worry about the labels later on when you are trying to tell others what path you follow... you may end up finding that neither white or black witch suits at all. You might even find none of the pagan paths suit you.

I'm a newbie to this forum, but not to Wicca or The Craft - and someone else, I think Norseman, that there is no black or white in nature, it simply is. (may not have got his words exact, but that's the gist of it).
There is light and dark in nature. Day and night. Yin and Yang. And while there is good and evil in HUMANS, there is nothing inheritently evil in nature - it simply is. If our sun exploded tomorrow and killed us, that's simply nature, it's not evil.
But getting back to the Craft, or practicing Magick, you might want to put a label on "black" magick if you are doing something to harm someone. Usually it's just better to do a protection rite on yourself to ward off anybody messing with you in the first place.
Also, you need to understand that Wicca is a religion. Witchcraft is a practice - of Magick. Not all Wiccans are witches.
Tilla says it best - "how do I find out about witchcraft to see if it is right for me?" -
"You can do anything you want to do, go where ever you want to go ... it's up to you." - John Denver

Time
07-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Try throwing away everything you know about witches, and read up on herb lore, nature spirits, shamans and the like from europe int eh 1400s-1800s..

Most of what we know of witches is from movies, and the somewhat commercialized "wicca", which really isnt a witch, more of a religion, which is anything then the old ways

Sungirl
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Most of what we know of witches is from movies, and the somewhat commercialized "wicca",

speak for yourself :wink::D

Hazel
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Try throwing away everything you know about witches, and read up on herb lore, nature spirits, shamans and the like from europe int eh 1400s-1800s..
I disagree with this you dont need to throw everything you know about 'witches' away some of it is truth you just need to read up on Wicca and then get rid of the stuff that dosent fit in or seem true anymore! :wink:

norseman
10-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Not all witches are wiccan, Hazel. :smile:

Medium_Laura
10-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Very true Norseman :) I happen to follow the Rede and therefore I believe that makes me Wiccan.

norseman
10-07-2011, 09:35 PM
THE WICCAN REDE

Bide the Wiccan Laws we must, In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust.

Live and let live, Fairly take and fairly give.

Cast the Circle thrice about to keep the evil spirits out.

To bind the spell every time, let the spell be spake in rhyme.

Soft of eye and light of touch, speak little, listen much.

Deosil go by waxing moon, chanting out the witches rune.

Widdershins go by waning moon, chanting out the baneful rune.

When the Lady’s moon is new, kiss the hand to her, times two.

When the moon rides at her peak, then your heart’s desire seek.

Head the North wind’s mighty gale, lock the door and drop the sail.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss thee on the mouth.

When the wind blows from the West, departed souls will have no rest.

When the wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.

Nine woods in the cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.

Elder be the Lady’s tree, burn it not or cursed you be.

When the wheel begins to turn, let the Beltane fires burn.

When the wheel has turned to Yule, light the log, the Horned One rules.

Heed ye Flower, Bush and Tree, by the Lady, blessed be.

Where the rippling waters go, cast a stone and truth you’ll know.

When you have a true need, hearken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend, lest ye be counted as his friend.

Merry meet and merry part, bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind the Threefold Law you should, three times bad and three times good. When misfortune is enow, wear the blue star on thy brow.

True is love ever be, lest thy lover’s false to thee.

Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil:

An it harm none, do what you will.

THE WITCHES CREDE

Hear now the word of the witches,

The secrets we hid in the night,

When dark was our destiny’s pathway,

That now we bring forth in the light.

Mysterious Water and Fire,

The Earth and the wide-ranging Air,

By hidden quintessence we know them,

And we will keep silent and dare.

The birth and rebirth of all nature,

The passing of Winter and Spring, we share with the life Universal, rejoice in the Magical Ring.

Four times in the year, the Great Sabbat returns,

And witches are seen,

At Lammas and Candelas dancing,

On May Eve and Old Halloween.

When daytime and nightime are equal,

When sun is at greatest and least,

The four lesser Sabbats are summoned,

Again witches gather in feast.

Thirteen silver moons in a year are,

Thirteen is the Covens array,

Thirteen times at Esbat make merry,

For each golden year and a day.

The power has passed down the ages,

Each time between woman and man.

Each century unto the other,

Ere time and the ages began.

When drawn is the Magickal circle,

By sword or atheme of power,

The compass between two worlds lies,

In the land of shades of that hour.

Our world has no right to know it,

And the world beyond will tell naught,

The Oldest of Gods are invoked there,

The great work of Magick is wrought.

For two are the mystical pillars,

That stand at the gate of the shrine,

And two are the powers of nature,

The forms and the forces divine.

And do what thou wilt be the challenge,

So be it in love that harms none,

For this is the only commandment,

By Magick of old be it done.

Eight words the Witches Crede fulfil :

If it harms none,

Do what Thou will !

The Crede is of the shape of the athame

Medium_Laura
11-07-2011, 01:27 AM
ahh I love them both :) SO COOL it's in the shape of an athame!! :)

windwhistle
14-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Well Madness has disappeared...wonder if he/she read any of the replies. Yes, the labeling thing is a quick way to get mind tangled and lose my way. Better just to do what comes naturally. I personally do not wish to perform rituals, recitations, spells or anything someone else made up. It seems monotonous and silly to me. But I do magic. Magic to me...is creating a desired outcome through the sculpting of energy through my imagination. So basically, I just call on Lovin' Goddess...be a vessel for her to work through me, imagine healing, love as colors and shapes and auras ... or the elements when I call them I imagine and re-create color, movement, form, imagery...I use words to help it along. Then I thrust my heart into the sky...or I tense my muscles and let go...or I cry or raise my arms or scream...and I sing too.

Magic is just a wanting...a desire...thrown out there with intent...charged.

Black Magick? Why would I want to do anything to hurt someone else when I'll get the repercussion and wind up hurting myself three times as bad in the end? I'd rather work on getting rid of my resentments towards that person because I'm eating at my peace of mind if I don't.

eyalec
14-07-2011, 06:03 PM
You can find some reviews and books in this practice on the site noted in my signature, click inside on witchcraft.

windwhistle
14-07-2011, 06:10 PM
So I guess you're here to pull in some new customers for your books...huh eyalec?

Sapphirez
07-10-2011, 01:26 PM
no she is not, eyalec is wonderful! I'm surprised at you windwhistle :sad6:

LightFilledHeart
09-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I've always felt the terminology "white witch"/"black witch" to be narrow, limited, and inaccurate. I believe most of us have good intent, but our own personality issues and human-ness can't help but enter the equation at times, which to me creates grey areas. That's the perfect term for it, actually, and I've heard it referenced before... grey witch! :D

Medium_Laura
09-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Why must we be put in a box. A wise one, a witch, depending on the need, can practice Wicca or witchcraft without a need to label if it's "white/gray/black".

While I am not one to hex or curse, those that do are not considered "Black" witches. There is sometimes a need to protect ourselves, it does not mean that all they do is dark magick.

norseman
09-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Cunning Folk and Hedge Witch are "Crooked Paths", veering from Light to Dark.

Medium_Laura
09-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Aye Norseman.

LadyTerra
11-10-2011, 12:43 AM
I am jumping-in at the end of this thread.

You might find it interesting that this is the only Spiritually based website that I have not been asked to leave. I have never fit into anyone's box and am often chastized for my individualist views.

However--I think the real truth is that I am a bit unsettling--because I have a fierce need to think and reason for myself and my gifts are reflective. Magic, Divination, Empathy, Clarevoyance, Clarecognizance--and so on--it is like I was born to be a mirror and people rarely like what they see.

Most view my natural gifts as left-path (or black) magic--but the reality is that I have the ability to call upon the Goddess and the Guardians to intervene (if They so choose)--when people are being naughty and attacking others. The way I look at it is--I use no identifiers and leave it up to the HigherForces to direct the energy and dole-out the punishment. They only get back what they have sent out and if they were behaving themselves there would be no negativity to reflect.

What I believe is that perspectives are like navels--everybody has one--but we cannot escape who and what we are born to be.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Lostgirl
11-10-2011, 07:58 AM
I think only people who dont have much knowledge on thensubject xall it black or white magic. Ita the intention of the person. No auch thing as black or white magic. Its just another label that people feel they need.

norseman
11-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Black or White are muddled labels to apply in life in general. The answer is still in the intent. Think about instances like dropping nuclear weapons on cities - saving the lives of thousands by killing thousands of others. Or "good" deeds that have very unfortunate consequences - like bringing "civilisation" to many native tribes all over the world and introducing diseases to people with no natural immunity.
Intent is all BUT that does not exempt you from the consequences !

Tuliana
11-10-2011, 12:38 PM
we cannot escape who and what we are born to be.

So true. I have finally figured out that some of us were put here to be sort of spiritual police.

LadyTerra
17-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi Norseman. I have read many of your posts over the past couple of years and find that we are of a like mind (concerning most things:wink: ).

In my Tradition--we believe that when you perpetuate positive energy you get back times 3 and when you engage in negative behavior you get back times 10. We are in complete agreement--there is no escaping the repercussions of ones actions.

Positive/Negative--Black/White...I often find that most of us are just feeling our way through the Gray Areas of life--hoping to find the Light. I can only speak for myself when I offer that there have been many times in my life when I was certain that I was in the right--only to realize (later) just how wrong I was.

I am reminded of the number one rule--be careful what you do, for what is sent comes back.:redface:

Greetings Tuliana--I am very pleased to meet you! I guess I never thought of it that way--but it is an apt expression. However--we must (always) remember that we were not put here to judge. Judgement belongs to much wiser Beings than ourselves and we are not all-seeing.

Sometimes bad things happen to act as a catalyst--in order to propel an individual to the next stage of their evolution. Some people (like myself--for instance) are very resistant to change and need a good kick in the pants (from time to time) to get us moving.:rolleyes:

We must remember to seek guidance--in all situations.

Blessed be...

flawless
10-11-2011, 04:12 AM
Interesting very interesting.?

flawless
10-11-2011, 04:17 AM
How can I meet a witch

vulkus
10-11-2011, 12:42 PM
How interesting indeed, that such a question could cause such a flurry of emotion and varied yet interesting results.
Some intentional and some not.
Black=Dark=hidden=the path less travelled=High magic
White=Bright=known=the path well travelled=Low magic
Grey everything in balance and what lays betwixt.

Lostgirl
11-11-2011, 08:09 AM
I dont really think you can call black or white magic high or low.... Its the intention behind these things, not the fact that someone is practising white or black magic.

And Flawless why do you want to meet a witch!?

Kristine
13-11-2011, 12:21 AM
How can I meet a witch
Try to go to a Pagan festival. There are many around, although I donít know thatís what theyíre called. There may be a different festival name. I would meet a catholic at a catholic church so finding one may be an option.

I think if you do something good, you feel good emotionally, mentally, and or physically.If you do something bad and something bad happens as a result of your action you would be depressed which affects your mental, emotional and physical state.
Just saying.

norseman
13-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Vulkus, High and Low Magic.

High magic is highly stylised, and deeply ritual ceremonial in nature, very formal. Uses old grimoire in a set manner with a defined set of "tools".
Coven or group based. Best example I can give off the top of my head would be Druid rituals [ or Catholic Mass ? ]
Low magic - informal, individualistic, no set formats or words - each user will have their own style and any "tools" used will probably be of a casual nature i.e. natural objects. Example - hedge witchery.

The basic difference is that High Magic uses the energy of the ritual itself, while Low Magic uses natural energies. That is my understanding anyway.

LadyTerra
14-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I think you already have!:hug:

Desertrose
08-12-2011, 12:02 AM
It is important to be careful (very careful) what you ask for - because you may get it.

Remember the Poe story ( do not recall name ) where parents asked to have their dead son returned to them? He turned up at their doorstep right from the grave - still a dead thing.

We MUST be very specific in our desires!!! :smile:

LadyMoondancer
08-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Desert Rose - That story was "The Monkey's Paw" and I'm not sure if it was Poe who wrote it. (It's been a long time since I've even thought about that story). But you bring up a very good point.

http://www.teachervision.fen.com/tv/printables/Monkeys-Paw.pdf

Lostgirl
08-12-2011, 08:18 AM
That story is awesome! Quite chilling!

Occultist
08-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Witches arent white or black we just are. Labeling us like that I personally believe hinders us and makes us more vunerable. If your a Witch you are connected to nature and elements and Fae and spirits and magicks.
Nature isnt white or black is it? neither are humans so why should we?
I practise all types of magicks for all reasons and all colors.

Lostgirl
08-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Witches arent white or black we just are. Labeling us like that I personally believe hinders us and makes us more vunerable..

I think i said this either earlier in this thread or somewhere in another, its frustrating as no one seems to understand. Its good to know im not going nuts when i think this!

norseman
08-12-2011, 08:39 AM
:D It's been said quite a few time, Lg :hug2:

Lostgirl
08-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I thought it had yet people dont seem to quite get it lol

Occultist
08-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Because many people try to label Witches in stereo types guess we are less frightening if they think there talking to a White Witch as apposed to a Black or rasberry one.
Its just people trying to better understand us I find more some people more confused about it then others cause some believe either you are with them or against them mentality. Either your white=good or Black=bad well thats at least what I keep telling my flying monkeys. P

norseman
08-12-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't actually use the word "witch" except in SF. I prefer the old name "Cunning Folk" which is a Crooked Path.
But, it's only a name :smile:. I dare say the old Cunning Folk did not use that, either :D

Lostgirl
08-12-2011, 11:17 AM
I wonder if they had the same conversation back in the day :D

EbonyDoe
08-12-2011, 05:53 PM
*looks at skin color*
I think I'm a white witch but closer to tan after that sunburn this summer....

*laughs at own lame sleepfogged joke*

vulkus
08-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Vulkus, High and Low Magic.

High magic is highly stylised, and deeply ritual ceremonial in nature, very formal. Uses old grimoire in a set manner with a defined set of "tools".
Coven or group based. Best example I can give off the top of my head would be Druid rituals [ or Catholic Mass ? ]
Low magic - informal, individualistic, no set formats or words - each user will have their own style and any "tools" used will probably be of a casual nature i.e. natural objects. Example - hedge witchery.

The basic difference is that High Magic uses the energy of the ritual itself, while Low Magic uses natural energies. That is my understanding anyway.
High magic of traditional forms are very stylised same with low magic of traditional forms. However there are forms that exist outside of the norm. As I am sure you are aware.
I am not defining a colour; I am saying as is well known in most circles that, while black magic is often assigned to evil or malicious intent and white to good and pure intent. These are incorrect assumptions from a dogmatic viewpoint. The terms High magic and Low magic do not denote better or worse forms. Black magic is often associated with necromancy which has nothing to do with black or high magic. It is a seperate form of divination.
A simplistic view point would be as follows.
High/Black=hidden or secret knowledge: not some power lock as has been suggested elsewhere.
Low/White=known or open knowledge.

However I would say it would be more akin to the following:
Your examples of high and low are good examples. Where as the conotation of white is simply an add on to either high or low, and meaning an ethics based magical form soley for the use of the higher moral good.
Where as Black magic is a hidden path, that requires a deeper study of the occult and esoterica. The entry to this path is obscured because the moral and ethical boundaries are not as rigorously enforced if they are at all.
However the practitioner will be of sufficient skill to understand the inherrant risks.
I won't go in to the details of the hidden path as they are obscured for a reason. It isn't something you will find in books or on wiki :D
Nor is it something that can always be found on your own. Many will proclaim to study but not many do. It is a very hard path and takes quite a toll on you. However the rewards far outweigh the risks, or so I'm told. :glasses2:

LadyTerra
08-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Perhaps--instead of prescribing a specific color--I think of it in terms of Negatives and Positives and what occurs in-between.

From the moment I first became actively involved in Magick--I was set against those who were misusing their gifts to control and manipulate others for their own personal gain (ie. my own Mother and Maternal Grandmother--for starters:icon_frown: ). However--during the course of learning how to use my gifts--I was (also) introduced to those who use their gifts to help maintain the proper balance.

IMO--true evil exists and some are placed here to obstruct its path and purpose--whether it is of a magickal nature--or not.

Peace and Love on the path to free-thinking and forming your own opinions...

Blessed be...

Raymond
09-12-2011, 12:05 PM
A very interesting thread but I am surprised itís in the Wiccan section as I thought all Wiccans were White Witches ~I accept I am obviously wrong.

I have always thought that a White Witch was just another name for someone who followed ďand harm ye noneĒ and believed in harmony with nature and balance in all things.

My own path follows the eye for an eye and that concept of balance simply gives stagnation and creates or changes nothing. However I do believe the Goddess will ensure justice and itís often better to leave her to administer the appropriate admonishment

I think folk tend to confuse black and white witchcraft with left hand and right hand paths.

I have never found any group of more than three pagans who can agree on what a ďwitchĒ is but generally they agree on what is black or white magic.

Bless, Raymond :smile:

Neville
09-12-2011, 06:04 PM
On first reading one might be excused for thinking I am asking a stupid question. But can't one be one of the varying shades of grey witch ? Black and White often forgets that there are many shades between .

Lynn
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
On first reading one might be excused for thinking I am asking a stupid question. But can't one be one of the varying shades of grey witch ? Black and White often forgets that there are many shades between .

Hello Neville

I can take this on. I have a "Black" Witch that be me Guide and in a past life I was a King's Witch ( now we would call that a psychic on some levels ).

Its a place of balance that I feel I walk in, I am on some levels still that Witch....as I do have knowledge and do a times work in Spells and the like. Part of me when I was younger played in the darker end of what is out there, too I embrace that it was a path of learning for me to be me now. I never crossed that moral line of eithics but I know well I could have. There is a great draw to the "POWER" that is there and if one learns to balance that one walks in a good path. I know that the other side is there if I truly need it to be but its not something I openly call on.

Like with the White side I can not say I totally walk in that part of what is there to do either....as much there is trying to make things happen and at times I wonder if that is one's place to be. I get asked many times for LOVe Spells or Fertility Spells and I am like that is not the place for me persoanlly to wonder into as we all have our paths.

For the life of me I can not take a picture of the Full Moon and not have it come out blury. NOW its not how I am doing it as the Camera is well set up as friends can use it and it works. I know that its "ME" and that the Moon holds much "Black Magic" one can use it for and I feel that PULL. So maybe a reminder that its there in me.

I LOVe nothing more than the Shades Of Grey......

Lynn

norseman
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
The path I follow is a Crooked Path or Grey if you wish :D Hedge Witch and it's much older forebear, the Cunning Folk are typical Greys.

norseman
09-12-2011, 06:46 PM
A very interesting thread but I am surprised itís in the Wiccan section as I thought all Wiccans were White Witches ~I accept I am obviously wrong.
Bless, Raymond :smile:

Many who use this thread are not wiccan and I have requested an expansion of the thread heading to include Witch Craft. :smile:

LadyTerra
09-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Agreed--I am not a Wiccan and I walk mostly in the Grey--but (again) it is all a matter of perspective.

I have frequently been asked to leave Wiccan sites--because they felt I was walking a "Left-hand Path" and did not wish to continue discourse (due to differences of opinion--regarding appropriate methods of practice).:wink:

However--I would venture to say that not all Wiccans feel that way--these were just the Wiccans that I happened across in CyberSpace and it is not right to stereotype. I believe that--had they come face-to-face w/ some of the same situations--they may have acted in a like manner, accepting the inevitable rebound (as I do).

Blessed be...

vulkus
13-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Personally I walk every path as they are all open to me.

Occultist
13-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Black is not an evil color. It does not represent a "Bad witch"
Black is a power color it absorbs energy of all kinds.
There is no White or Black Witches. There is not all Good or all Bad in nature but a bit of everything just like the Witch.
When I cast I go eith intent and purpose no rede no rules but the rules I set forth myself as a mortal human female not being a witch.
Because I wear black to cast circles or to weave or that my familar is a black cat doesnt mean I am a evil witch.

norseman
14-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Got to admit, my "ceremonial" clothing is denim jeans and waxed cotton jacket in summer with Spanish hiking boots, and in winter I add a Gortex body-warmer and heavier boots :smile: Hiking pole made from a single branch of Chestnut and a Swiss-army knife and that's me "geared up" to do mischief :D.
Over the years, I have planted over a 1000 acorns with Mother Earth's blessings on every single one, so that's my "White" side.
I "stride the hedge" to commune with the ancestors - "Grey" side.
And I curse all-terrain vehicles and trial bikes being driven on pristine moors - my "Black" side. :D
Multi-coloured norse ! :wink:

LadyMoondancer
14-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Personally I walk every path as they are all open to me.

well said vulkus.:hug2:

I am reminded (because of your name) of The Vulcan Concept of IDIC:
Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations. It may have come from a TV show, but it's well worth striving for.

LadyTerra
14-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Black is not an evil color. It does not represent a "Bad witch"
Black is a power color it absorbs energy of all kinds.
There is no White or Black Witches. There is not all Good or all Bad in nature but a bit of everything just like the Witch.
When I cast I go eith intent and purpose no rede no rules but the rules I set forth myself as a mortal human female not being a witch.
Because I wear black to cast circles or to weave or that my familar is a black cat doesnt mean I am a evil witch.

Agreed--I (frequently) employ the color Black in my CandleMagic and Ceremonial Attire.

In my Tradition Black is to be used w/ reverence and caution to--

Bind and Banish negative energy, left-path magick, troublsome people, ill-wishing, and ill-intentions.

However--it should not be use to force our will upon another--only ward and protect.

Blessed be...

Occultist
14-12-2011, 10:43 PM
agreed Terra. Black is a powerful color for a Witch cause it brings all energys in and absorbs them so we can gather the energy we need to weave our spells.
I use the color black in almost everything I do. Then build out from there.
Only time I have really casted energy out and directed it at one person was there was a rapist in our neighborhood I put my hex's out and casted directly upon the person that he would be caught and no other woman would go harmed. I also attached a hex to be read as a warning to people when he appraoched a stranger. I understood the laws of my weaving the intent and purpose and thankfully 2 days later on the Full moon he was caught by cops climbing through a womans window who lived down the street with a newborn her husband off to Desert Storm to fight in the war so he ironically set off a silent alarm system that notified the police and they were right in the area and they caught him before he could do anymore harm.
I am not saying my spell helped or anything it could have been a coincidence but it was satisfying to see that nobody got hurt.

LadyTerra
15-12-2011, 08:24 PM
agreed Terra. Black is a powerful color for a Witch cause it brings all energys in and absorbs them so we can gather the energy we need to weave our spells.
I use the color black in almost everything I do. Then build out from there.
Only time I have really casted energy out and directed it at one person was there was a rapist in our neighborhood I put my hex's out and casted directly upon the person that he would be caught and no other woman would go harmed. I also attached a hex to be read as a warning to people when he appraoched a stranger. I understood the laws of my weaving the intent and purpose and thankfully 2 days later on the Full moon he was caught by cops climbing through a womans window who lived down the street with a newborn her husband off to Desert Storm to fight in the war so he ironically set off a silent alarm system that notified the police and they were right in the area and they caught him before he could do anymore harm.
I am not saying my spell helped or anything it could have been a coincidence but it was satisfying to see that nobody got hurt.

There are similarities in the work that we do.:hug:

I am (primarily) of Nordic decent and serve the Goddess Freyja (in both Her forms--as Mother and as Crone).

In Ancient times the Disir served Her and their primary function was to deliver Her Karmic Justice. My Magick has always been reflective--from Divination to CandleMagick--it is as if I were born to be a mirror and reflect actions, intentions, and energy back to people.

I am a Solitary--born to live on the fringe--because the very nature of what I do repels most people--even Pagans. I am contented w/ the service I provide and would not change it for the world.

However--I am very grateful to meet a Kindred Spirit!:hug3:

Peace and Love on your path to the EternalCircle...

Blessed be...

Lostgirl
15-12-2011, 08:41 PM
So you dont harm people as such just help justice along??? Im really interested in what you do :)

LadyTerra
15-12-2011, 08:45 PM
It is quite simple--they get back whatever they put out. The Divine determine all punishments and outcomes--I seek the intercession.

Blessed be...