PDA

View Full Version : Does your pendulum only work for you??

Angels3
04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
So today I got my pendulum out to show my friends. Despite only having it for a short week (bought it Wed), it answers my questions (yes or no) quite freely. I feel that I have a connection with it, so when I allowed my friend to try it, it didn't work for him. I was kind of hesitant in letting him use it, but I did anyway. Why didn't it work for him?? After I took it and put it in my bowl of sea salt that the shop keeper told me to put it in to cleanse it (though I hear thats wrong??). Will it work if other people use it??

Sangress
04-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Pendulums don't work for me AT ALL. They just stay still. Some people are just like that.

But yeh, I am pretty sure that pendulums are "attuned" or bonded to the person who uses it the most. It might not be as accurate for other people if your unwilling to let them use it (because the pendulum might react to how you feel about whoever is using it.)

Perhaps the main thing is to throw the thought out there that the pendulum is allowed to behave for other people if your ok with it.

I'm no expert, I was never able to get into pendulums for obvious reasons so I'm just going by what I've observed in a lot of other tools.

shifty123
05-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Pendulums don't work for me AT ALL. They just stay still. Some people are just like that.

But yeh, I am pretty sure that pendulums are "attuned" or bonded to the person who uses it the most. It might not be as accurate for other people if your unwilling to let them use it (because the pendulum might react to how you feel about whoever is using it.)

Perhaps the main thing is to throw the thought out there that the pendulum is allowed to behave for other people if your ok with it.

I'm no expert, I was never able to get into pendulums for obvious reasons so I'm just going by what I've observed in a lot of other tools.
My pendulum works quite well. I guess for ones pendulum to work for others. That would probably depending on how compatible your energy is with the other persons.

AngelBreeze
05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
So today I got my pendulum out to show my friends. Despite only having it for a short week (bought it Wed), it answers my questions (yes or no) quite freely. I feel that I have a connection with it, so when I allowed my friend to try it, it didn't work for him. I was kind of hesitant in letting him use it, but I did anyway. Why didn't it work for him?? After I took it and put it in my bowl of sea salt that the shop keeper told me to put it in to cleanse it (though I hear thats wrong??). Will it work if other people use it??

Warm greetings, Angels3!

As one who uses the pendulum frequently, I can say that it is a wonderful instrument to work with but there are rules that must be strictly followed in order to allow it to fully do its job.

In your case, you were hesitant about allowing your friend to use your pendulum. That was an inner sign and a strong indication that it was not ready to be turned over to your friend's personal energy. It did not work either because of his lack of belief in it or that he was not fully trained to operate it. Again, usage of a pendulum is not as easy as picking one up to start asking questions and expect quick answers in return. Unless you are adept at using it, you may well have less than desirable results.

It is always good to cleanse your pendulum frequently whether you are the one doing work with it and especially if you should make the mistake of lending it to someone else. Remember, that is always a No-No! You see, a pendulum carries your personal energy vibration and leading pendulists strongly advise against lending it to someone else as the pendulum works with vibrations and can easily pick up the negative vibrations of others or even the simple vibrations that may not be conducive to your overall personal harmony with it. In fact, they advise one to keep their pendulum in a protective container such as a silk pouch or wooden box so as to not allow extraneous vibrations to affect it in any way.

I would not personally use sea salt to clear a pendulum. A good way to cleanse the pendulum is to place it under cold running water for about sixty seconds with the intent that all negative vibrations be removed from the pendulum. Alternatively, you can just hold it in your left hand and clear out the vibrations of its last use.

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Sungirl
05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
personally a pendulum is just a tool to signal messages you are getting from your higher self/intuition. It is just a thing.

If it is a crystal that is another matter but a pendulum, whether it be a diamond encrusted ruby or a rusty nail on a piece of string, is just a thing. It is you that is doing the work.

If you see it as a sacred tool then there is nothing wrong with cleansing it... but imho it not working for your friend is nothing to do with the pendulum.

Does your friend dowse? If not then it is possible that they need to spend a little time tuning into to their intuition. They would also need to find out what their personal yes/no responses are.

If they do dowse it is possible that they felt uncomfortable using your pendulum.

I use all sorts of things as a pendulum. Yes I have favourites but really they are only visually my favourites.

As always this is just my opinion and you can bin it if it doesn't resonate....

LightFilledHeart
05-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Since pendulums work on the principle that the individual's Higher Self prompts unconscious and unpercieved movement which creates the corresponding yes or no movement of the pendulum, why would it matter who used it?

Personally I've never had good luck with this form of divination. I tested it by writing questions to which I knew the answers on identical slips of paper which I then folded up so as not bo be able to see the question or distinguish one from the other. I then dowsed for the yes or no answer over each, and in all three cases the answers were incorrect. I've had better luck with dowsing rods, but even they frequently give erronious answers, so when I do use that method, I keep that margin for error in mind and take the answers received by that method with a grain of salt :wink:

Angels3
05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
personally a pendulum is just a tool to signal messages you are getting from your higher self/intuition. It is just a thing.

If it is a crystal that is another matter but a pendulum, whether it be a diamond encrusted ruby or a rusty nail on a piece of string, is just a thing. It is you that is doing the work.

If you see it as a sacred tool then there is nothing wrong with cleansing it... but imho it not working for your friend is nothing to do with the pendulum.

Does your friend dowse? If not then it is possible that they need to spend a little time tuning into to their intuition. They would also need to find out what their personal yes/no responses are.

If they do dowse it is possible that they felt uncomfortable using your pendulum.

I use all sorts of things as a pendulum. Yes I have favourites but really they are only visually my favourites.

As always this is just my opinion and you can bin it if it doesn't resonate....
What do you mean by its another matter if its a crystal?? Its a Jasper crystal. No my friend does not dowse, I was kind of playing with it and he wanted to see if it really worked or if it was me moving it :tongue: . Thanks for the reply!

Warm greetings, Angels3!

As one who uses the pendulum frequently, I can say that it is a wonderful instrument to work with but there are rules that must be strictly followed in order to allow it to fully do its job.

In your case, you were hesitant about allowing your friend to use your pendulum. That was an inner sign and a strong indication that it was not ready to be turned over to your friend's personal energy. It did not work either because of his lack of belief in it or that he was not fully trained to operate it. Again, usage of a pendulum is not as easy as picking one up to start asking questions and expect quick answers in return. Unless you are adept at using it, you may well have less than desirable results.

It is always good to cleanse your pendulum frequently whether you are the one doing work with it and especially if you should make the mistake of lending it to someone else. Remember, that is always a No-No! You see, a pendulum carries your personal energy vibration and leading pendulists strongly advise against lending it to someone else as the pendulum works with vibrations and can easily pick up the negative vibrations of others or even the simple vibrations that may not be conducive to your overall personal harmony with it. In fact, they advise one to keep their pendulum in a protective container such as a silk pouch or wooden box so as to not allow extraneous vibrations to affect it in any way.

I would not personally use sea salt to clear a pendulum. A good way to cleanse the pendulum is to place it under cold running water for about sixty seconds with the intent that all negative vibrations be removed from the pendulum. Alternatively, you can just hold it in your left hand and clear out the vibrations of its last use.

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

The store keeper told me about having different energies coming onto it, but I didn't realize how it really affect it. Thanks for the info!

Since pendulums work on the principle that the individual's Higher Self prompts unconscious and unpercieved movement which creates the corresponding yes or no movement of the pendulum, why would it matter who used it?

Personally I've never had good luck with this form of divination. I tested it by writing questions to which I knew the answers on identical slips of paper which I then folded up so as not bo be able to see the question or distinguish one from the other. I then dowsed for the yes or no answer over each, and in all three cases the answers were incorrect. I've had better luck with dowsing rods, but even they frequently give erronious answers, so when I do use that method, I keep that margin for error in mind and take the answers received by that method with a grain of salt

Thats what I thought too, but wouldn't it move even a bit :confused: ?? I'm not sure, but when I first bought it, I was surprised how powerful it swung. I tried doing the multiple answers, but I think I was doing it wrong, so I think i'm going to go to a pendulm learning session..

Sungirl
05-03-2011, 09:04 PM
What do you mean by its another matter if its a crystal?? Its a Jasper crystal. No my friend does not dowse, I was kind of playing with it and he wanted to see if it really worked or if it was me moving it :tongue: . Thanks for the reply!

Just my opinion here but there is a difference between using a rusty nail and a crystal. But that is because I believe that crystals are earth elders and bring their own wisdom into the mix.

If your friend had never dowsed before I am not surprised it didn't work straight off, particularly if he is sceptical about it. I know when I first learnt the movement was tiny and easily disregarded.

The way I learnt to trust it was by playing Find the Lady. Use 3 pieces of paper, 3 playing cards, 3 beer mats. 3 of anything that looks the same on one side. Choose one of the playing cards or mark one piece of paper. Shuffle them around and try and find the one you chose.

After I had been doing it a while, along with learning to listen to and trust my intuition I learnt to recognise when I was actively controlling the pendulum and when I was properly dowsing.

shifty123
08-03-2011, 12:52 AM
I've noticed over the last few weeks that my energy is getting stronger. Plus my interaction with my pendi is getting more consistent. I don't think that allowing another person to use your pendi would hurt as long as you ask it or your higher self for permission first.

Also I could be wrong but if you're going to let another person use it. It would be better to have a person of the opposite gender use it then the same gender. That's just my opinion.

norseman
08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I have a rose quartz pendulum, carved with an inlaid pentacle, and mounted on a silver shaft with a silver chain. I have a pine cone that I picked up on a wander on a piece of cord. They work equally well ! All you need is a suspension cord and a bob-weight !

Sangress
09-03-2011, 04:29 AM
What do you mean by its another matter if its a crystal??
A crystal used as a pendulum works differently to a natural crystals being used for healing or energetic purposes.

And crystals (and every other material a person can use,) no matter what they are being used for, have their own characteristics and specialties, so that's got to be taken into consideration too.

For example, a clear quartz crystal will react more easily and precisely to subjects relating to personal growth and healing, than it will to things like conflict and questions about past events.

But in the end most of the sway on it is from you using it as a tool, so I suppose the properties of the materials used in the tool can be overcome by sheer willpower in this situation.

If a pen for writing can be used to stab a person and kill them, why not a pendulum be used to answer questions that its materials nature is adverse to.

Just putting in my two cents.

Rah nam
09-03-2011, 06:35 AM
A pendulum is simply a string with something heavy hanging on it. I does not matter what it is. Some would suggest it has to be a crystal or something similar, this is not my experience. I have used a pair of glasses hanging on a cotton string. It does not matter. What matters is the connection we create, with what or with whom. You can pre-determine what yes and what no is.
In circles, left right, up down. And it will do it.
But having said this, pendulums are very slow and cumbersome, there are much faster ways to get an answer.

Adrienne
09-03-2011, 01:13 PM
But having said this, pendulums are very slow and cumbersome, there are much faster ways to get an answer.

Rah nam, care to share with us these faster ways to get an answer ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Angels3
09-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Makes sense :). Rah nam what are faster ways to get the answer? Usually when I ask a question, I get a immediate answer.

Adrienne
09-03-2011, 04:12 PM
yes, me too Angels3 , my pendulum answers me immediately, unless it chooses not to answer. Not sure how much faster than immediately one can get ! :D Guess we just have to wait til Rah nam answers

Dream Angel xx

Rah nam
09-03-2011, 10:52 PM
yes, me too Angels3 , my pendulum answers me immediately, unless it chooses not to answer. Not sure how much faster than immediately one can get ! :D Guess we just have to wait til Rah nam answers

Dream Angel xx

Once you have established a strong connection with your higher self, and feel it's energy in your body, head, or further down toward the heart, ask some questions, see if the energy gets stronger or weaker. YOU can ask it to us this energy as a yes/no. With some practice you can detect most things, wile you are in a Supermarket, certain substances in foods, is this food OK for me. I have as standard question, and don't as any longer, just hold one hand near the food item. and I get a responds or not, or a variation of it. The strength of the responds tells me the quality of the item. You can detect the quality of your water in almost no time, and once you can do this it is only a small step to change the structure of the water, or render certain substances harmless, trough energy and intent. I hold one hand on the bottom and one on the top of the water container, and send energy between both hands. I get a responds when the process is complete.
What I want to say with this, this energies are the same as the one that ought to work your pendulum, just used in a different way.

On a side note, this energies can be used to clear the body of many things, tune the immune system, and heal the body from many things.

Adrienne
09-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Thank you Rah nam, for your reply. Wow, learn something new everyday... I will have to try this out.

on your side note " On a side note, this energies can be used to clear the body of many things, tune the immune system, and heal the body from many things. "

I would also like to know more about this, if there is more you can tell me ?

blesssings,
Dream Angel xx

Rah nam
10-03-2011, 12:43 AM
on your side note " On a side note, this energies can be used to clear the body of many things, tune the immune system, and heal the body from many things. "

I would also like to know more about this, if there is more you can tell me ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

You can check out what those people from Immunics do. You can google them.
When I cam across their methods, I was quickly reminded, I had already a system in place to use. Still, their method is quite effective, but I used it and changed it to make more effective, and speed up the process.

There is one other fact I like to go into, if someone has a look at immunics,
they work with 12 bodies, outer and inner, but not ever one has 12 bodies, depending on one's background. I found, I can now remove and clear all bodies in one movement. (only viruses are a bit tricky)
[not all sections of their website are free, but enough free information to learn what needs to be learned]

Angels3
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Once you have established a strong connection with your higher self, and feel it's energy in your body, head, or further down toward the heart, ask some questions, see if the energy gets stronger or weaker. YOU can ask it to us this energy as a yes/no. With some practice you can detect most things, wile you are in a Supermarket, certain substances in foods, is this food OK for me. I have as standard question, and don't as any longer, just hold one hand near the food item. and I get a responds or not, or a variation of it. The strength of the responds tells me the quality of the item. You can detect the quality of your water in almost no time, and once you can do this it is only a small step to change the structure of the water, or render certain substances harmless, trough energy and intent. I hold one hand on the bottom and one on the top of the water container, and send energy between both hands. I get a responds when the process is complete.
What I want to say with this, this energies are the same as the one that ought to work your pendulum, just used in a different way.

On a side note, this energies can be used to clear the body of many things, tune the immune system, and heal the body from many things.

WOW! Thats very cool, thanks for sharing this!!!!!!

AngelBreeze
11-03-2011, 12:41 AM

Greetings to ALL!

I just wanted to chime in to say that the method Rah nam is describing is one I also use many times and it has been quite effective. The only other thing I would like to say is that when I am "scanning" the object, the left hand is the "receiving" hand (for information) as opposed to the right hand which is the "giving" hand, per se, in most instances, unless one is left-handed then the reverse would hold true. And remember that Intent is the main activator!

Deus tecum and my special wishes for many blessings and a beautiful day!

(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

Sangress
11-03-2011, 01:26 AM
I scan without using my hand, I just focus with my mind because I am too lazy to even go near an object. Gets rid of physical distractions around the object too.

But that's kinda off topic...so yeh.

shifty123
12-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Yesterday I let a total stranger use my pendi. First I asked the pendi if it minded that I let another person use it for a minute or two. My pendi said no it didn't mind.Later I used my pendi for myself and it worked fine.