PDA

View Full Version : kundalini awakening

ThoughtBroadcaster
04-03-2011, 09:26 AM
i want to know if i should do kundalini awakening by myself? i here its like a spring cleaning system for the mind. are there dangers like can it make you crazy and violent?

Emmalevine
04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't recommend you do. Kundalini is a very intense energy and it has its own wisdom in regard to when it awakens in each individual. It can cause physcial and mental health problems in people who aren't ready for it. I'm trying to come to terms with how much my life and outlook has changed through its role in my life and know that if it had happened a year or longer in the past I wouldn't have been ready to deal with it. Being suddenly inundated with spirit presences, lights and visions may be beautiful and I feel priviledged to experience it, but it's actually more unnerving than I could have imagined. It isn't a picnic.

What I'd suggest is you meditate daily if you don't already, and be open to developing your spiritual outlook. Meditation encouraged my Kundalini to awaken although I feel that life factors were another trigger. Don't pin all your hopes or focus on Kundalini though, just live a spiritual life remaining aware of the bigger picture.

It may be that your Kundalini doesn't awaken or isn't meant to awaken in this lifetime - we're all on different paths. Obviously you do what you feel is right but from my experience I feel it's something to leave to Divine wisdom.

in progress
04-03-2011, 11:34 AM
You can awaken it yourself but I would not do anything to force it. I think meditation is the best route too and if you feel the intuitive urge to do something while meditating, do it! I see now in hindsight I was unwittingly led to do things to bring about a kundalini awakening. At least unwittingly on a conscious level. I feel now it had been prearranged.

Do what feels right to you. Some people will say it has to be this way or that. Not true. Maybe it was the best way for them but not necessarily the best way for you. Follow your own feelings on the matter. Even concerning what I've just had to say about it!

There is a good book for "spring cleaning" the mind. It's a book by Sanaya Roman called "Personal Power through Awareness". There is even a chapter about broadcasting thoughts! Seems like the book for you ThoughtBroadcaster!

tainamom
04-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Well, I have to say I didn't get my kundalini awakened by myself. I did attend a class that did give me a very safe kundalini opening (there's the issue of kundalini syndrome and not all shaktipats open the main shushumna. some only open one side (ida/pingala) or part way.) The biggest issue I did have was my poor posture and a lot of junk was stuck around my neck. I read that kundalini is necessary to obtain Yoga and to be alive here on Earth at the same time. I don't know if it's absolutely necessary for Yoga if the person leaves their human form and dies on Earth. :confused:

ThoughtBroadcaster
07-03-2011, 04:32 AM
what should i search for when looking for a kundalini master teacher? i am having trouble finding one. is there a directory of usa ones? and what do you call a person who opens it for you?

tainamom
08-03-2011, 05:09 AM
My niece did a free kundalini reiki attunement (different from the other class we took at a later time). she found both attunements different from each other. I also found sahaja yoga offers a free kundalini awakening. I tried it and it felt nice, but honestly I can't compare it to what I took because I'm already awakened and I'm not that advanced to really know the difference. maybe you can contact some people at a local chapter for more info. then there are special shaktipats. i have no idea when these gurus come around for the shaktipats and sometimes it's not opened in the shushumna, but instead, through the side channel. the results are not the same if opened in the side. then there's divine grace that gifts you with an awakening.

one must be aware of kundalini syndrome. if it doesn't go up clean through the middle shushumna, it can cause problems elsewhere in the body.

in either case, one should learn to go inward. kundalini energy is limited in comparison to divine energy, but it helps in spiritual development.

good luck.