PDA

View Full Version : Empaths

Roselove
02-03-2011, 04:50 PM
How do you cleanse yourself of other people's energy? any protective methods you use? have they been effective? thank you!

Enya
02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I normally affirm aloud that all hooks, attachments or otherwise draining influcences on my energy be removed, with love and light. I imagine a wave of energy going up over my head and down my back, slicing off anything which shouldn't be in my aura. Simple, but effective.

I sometimes just say - whatever is not mine, please let it flow away and be transformed into positive energy.

If I feel really bothered, I will call in AA Michael to cut all cords.

Kaere
02-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I use the shower - I imagine white light coming down with the water and washing away any negativity and anything that doesn't belong to me.

Topaz
02-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Great advice Enya :)
I focus on my aura protecting it in a egg of light . I paint the inside then the outside with gold if you do this everyday you become much stronger . You can do this with any colour which is right for you . we are all eggs of energy walking the planet lol .
Sometimes I use mirrors , crystals , take a shower and also use the violet flame and when i walk out the door i zip myself in a cloak of purple or pink x

Roselove
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
thank you guys, does this work well for you?

Ivy
03-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Empathy isn't some sort of personal infringement....it is an ability that allows you to feel the energy of others. That ability gives you the opportunity to bring balance, healing or lessons where they are needed. Especially where there is what people call negaitive energy. To want to wash it off is akin to turning away a friend who is in pain.

I accept the feelings that are there, and deal with them as my own. Sometimes that is just to cry, sometimes its to meditate and let beauty flood over them, sometimes its to visualise and sometimes I'll attach them to something that is mine and talk about those problems or deal with them in the best way I can. Then in time, those feelings that others may have omitted, are dealt with in the universe as a whole...and so are the feelings that are my own.

Sometimes its more difficult to accept the beautiful feelings and be thankful for the joy in the world.

But there is no healing in this world if empaths consistently blame others and run away from the energies that belong to each and every one of us as a shared humanity.

Greenslade
03-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Empathy isn't some sort of personal infringement....it is an ability that allows you to feel the energy of others. That ability gives you the opportunity to bring balance, healing or lessons where they are needed. Especially where there is what people call negaitive energy. To want to wash it off is akin to turning away a friend who is in pain.

I accept the feelings that are there, and deal with them as my own. Sometimes that is just to cry, sometimes its to meditate and let beauty flood over them, sometimes its to visualise and sometimes I'll attach them to something that is mine and talk about those problems or deal with them in the best way I can. Then in time, those feelings that others may have omitted, are dealt with in the universe as a whole...and so are the feelings that are my own.

Sometimes its more difficult to accept the beautiful feelings and be thankful for the joy in the world.

But there is no healing in this world if empaths consistently blame others and run away from the energies that belong to each and every one of us as a shared humanity.

I'm with Heather on this one.It isn't always about what we've got so much as what we do with it and what we make of it. All the talk of 'We Are One' and what happens when we start to experience that? We build barriers to keep others out. Sorry, but that doesn't make too much sense to me. I believe we are what we are for a reason, we get what we get for a reason. While empathy means picking up on all the bad stuff from other people, how much of the good stuff is picked up as well? While you build a barrier against sadness do you also build a barrier against joy?

The only time you really lose yourself is when you allow that to happen. If you use that as an anchor then imagine how much of the people around you that you can share in? Sadness and joy isn't something that can be communicated, it's only something that can be experienced and felt. If you could look behind the mask of the smiling face and make a difference, would you? If a part of your Soul touched a part of theirs, isn't that pretty cool?

Empathy, a blessing or a curse?

Roselove
03-03-2011, 12:50 PM
^Sorry but I have pretty severe depression and am very ill at the moment, I can't really take on other people's energy, already too depleted as is. I am a pretty strong empath, I am starting to cry just by not so sad scenes on tv. The energy overwhelms me and gives me massive headaches. I know at some point I am supposed to be healing others etc, but there is no way i can do this if i am drained myself.

Ivy
03-03-2011, 01:30 PM
rosewater...when I wrote, the implication was not for healing others...but for accepting whatever emotion you are feeling as your own and looking to heal what it is you feel. We cannot go back in time and change the past...so your feelings right now, are your feelings. Much as others might want to take those feelings away from you...and say if you puit up a magic mirror it will all go away...sadly, it wont all go away like that. You have to get up again and push yourself to deal with these feelings until you get better. Never mind love and light for a moment, it will be there when you need it...but try getting angry (really angry) with those feelings of self pity and shout out that you wont let them beat you. Dont be afraid.

Roselove
03-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi XX, I didn't mean you did, healing others is actually part of my purpose here. I am dealing with my emotions, but taking on others is overwhelming for me. It literally makes me sick, the headaches etc are followed when i talk to other people about their issues, not my own. I am very very senstive to other people's energy and was told i have very strong empathic abilities, so i need some form of protection otherwise i would spend the rest of my life in my closet lol

Ivy
03-03-2011, 06:24 PM
That you have to protect or you will spend the rest of your life in the closet is a lengthy projection. Perhaps you will overcome your fears and learn how to deal with empathy in a much more positive way? Why not visualise the light around you as angels sent to heal not to protect?

Have you considered that the energies you draw to you are there to help you release your own? What Im trying to explain is that empathy doesnt work like seperating solids...its more like a soup with all its ingredients mixing and melding together - and when you are hurting all those within your soup (soul group) are hurting in there own ways too....and when you are healing all those within your soup will be healing too. It is a shared energy.

Roselove
03-03-2011, 06:44 PM
my fears? this is the effect it has on me, thus the need for protection. I'm not afraid of headaches or feeling people's emotions, I just have no desire deal with them, there are methods such as white light etc out there designed to protect your energy, I am aware of only some and not sure how effective they are that's why i asked.

As for release, I think that's a possiblity, it could be pain/lessons i need to release/learn, but so far all the recent encounters have only served to drain me. I'd rather not pick up their energy if i have an option.

Ivy
03-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Ofcourse, you will do what you feel is right for you...and there is a big movement out there set on protection against empathy, but I had to add my voice, its something that close to my heart.

All the best, heather xx

Ciqala
03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Surround myself in a tube of pink light, which is protecting, cleansing as well as healing for myself and others. Wear cleansing crystals, or a bow of cedar. The mirror technique... Ask arch angel Michael to assist. I use Fire. Wind. Water. Earth. Cleanse with sage, sweet grass, pine and cedar. I Spiritually Vacuum out the negative debris inside of me already, fill it up with white light. I also cut negative attachments and cords off of me. I dance. Music is protective. Ask guides and angels to cleanse me. There are hundreds of ways i cleanse and protect myself.

Learn to comprehend your energies, become knowledgable about where the negative source comes from at the time, you should be able to feel it. At that time, do visualization exercises if you can't protect yourself through feeling. If a person is pouring their negative energies into you you should be able to feel it, and break the flow right away, and instead of becoming angry with them and doing something harming, surround them with love.
Probably one of the most important things you should do, is strengthen yourself after you cleanse.

Roselove
03-03-2011, 09:00 PM
thank you! i have tried smudging and herbs but they failed as did protective crystals, will look for cleansing crystals and try pink light hope it works! may i ask how i strengthen myself?

numerouno
03-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Ever come across people seeking assistance but you feel uncomfortable but they make feel obligated to help them. This type of person is a leech personality who is too lazy to help himself and uses your energy to get ahead. Too much of this leads to you becoming stagnant and morose in your life. Say no to these individuals.

Royalite
03-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I've been labelled an empath and I'm feeling drawn to your post because I see a lot of you in me. I've also experienced what could also be labelled as "cyclothymia" and even have panic attacks every now and then.

Have you tried prayer? It helps, for me, to pray and then maybe write or do something really creative. It helps to narrow down the focus to oneself and can help one re-centralize. We can't control how others feel, but we can deal and process how we feel and react to situations without letting it affect us. Yes, we have that ability.

ALSO! Get off of this forum for a while if you really want to help yourself. The energy here isn't always the best. I take breaks every now and then. I can tell you that the very question you just asked will draw more downing energy to you. It helps NOT to ask these kinds of questions on here if you're in a down mood. It'll only put you downer. Try to find the answer in your immediate surroundings or trust that God given empathic ability you have to find the answer within yourself. Let your spirit guide you. I think you may need to re-centralize, regroup, and refocus. That's the vibe I'm getting.

Good luck and God bless
Ciao~

Addition: Oh YEAH! Turn off the damn T.V. for one week. It'll mess you up.

Roselove
04-03-2011, 01:35 AM
thank you numeruno! i am practicing saying no

thank you dynamist! i am praying, hope it helps! i agree about energy here, unfornately my higher self wants me to continue exploring my spirtuality for answers to some life situations so end up here a lot lol

yup need to do all of the above just not sure where to begin! thanks again

Royalite
04-03-2011, 01:38 AM
thank you numeruno! i am practicing saying no

thank you dynamist! i am praying, hope it helps! i agree about energy here, unfornately my higher self wants me to continue exploring my spirtuality for answers to some life situations so end up here a lot lol

yup need to do all of the above just not sure where to begin! thanks again

I hope you find what you're looking for. You seem like you're on the verge of a breakdown...

Roselove
04-03-2011, 02:07 AM
yeah? is my energy giving that off? uh oh

Ciqala
04-03-2011, 02:32 AM
thank you! i have tried smudging and herbs but they failed as did protective crystals, will look for cleansing crystals and try pink light hope it works! may i ask how i strengthen myself?

You could try a variety of ways, significantly, strength comes from practice, such as the more love you send to the universe, however you envision it, whatever actions you use to do so, sending healing love to the animal kingdom, nature, people, the stronger and more full of love your own presence becomes. It is oneness envisioning and if you cannot envision the whole planet, and the whole universe, you can always just use sense. The more one works with loving energies and learns to use them properly, the stronger they become. You also become stronger, the more grounded you are into earth energies, such as planting your ethereal roots into the ground, or laying on a forest floor taking in the strength of mother earth. A form of physical activity, makes your aura a lot bigger, makes you rejuvenated and strong physically, but also serves wonders for your spirit body. You are a sensitive individual with healing power, which is why it effects you so, thus taking the steps to learn to build with, create with, and use it properly naturally makes you strong. The best advisors will be your guides and angels, they can advise you which steps you need to take personally to strengthen and control your own power. Also learning to sense where the energies stem from, is an important step to figuring out how to control them. You keep your spirit body strong, by nourishment, love, compassion, feeding your spirit body with more spiritual knowledge. Releasing fears, doubts, cares, worries, concerns to your higher power and spirit guides especially - and by overall gaining a sense of confidence and strength emotionally, and by keeping your physical body strong and healthy. An important aspect is - if you believe you are strong and protected, you will be as nothing will be able to get to you.

There is also, a visualizing method you can use for shelter and protection - create yourself a spiritual cloak, let your guides assist you with the perfect colour and feel for you, and imagine yourself wearing this cloak whenever you are out in public or around sources where you know you will be affected with energies.

Roselove
04-03-2011, 12:05 PM
thank you so much cigala! unfornately i can only see guides through colors i think, can't speak to them so not sure what they reccomend will keep at it though!

in progress
04-03-2011, 02:17 PM
I just finished reading a book by Sanaya Roman called, "Personal Power through Awareness" which addresses the issue you brought up in your original post Rosewater. If you like to read check this one out. I thought it was fantastic!

Roselove
04-03-2011, 02:58 PM
great thanks for reccomending it! i will

numerouno
07-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Once a woman sought my assistance by asking for an astrology reading. She had suffered a nervous breakdown previously. She asked when she would go mad again.

I immediately understood that this person left her sanity up to me which is the most insane thing a person could do. I could also see that desperately hung on my every word making me a power of influence in her life.

So I replied as follows, "if I said you would go mad 1st June 2011, then will you?, but if I said you will never again then you wont, see now the mistake you make, the real madness is letting me dictate the level of your sanity." I went on further to say to her this " see that you basically asked me to predict the day you suffer a mental breakdown again but before that date you would be ok."

Her expression changed to one that I can only describe as delightfully bright and you knew her mental block was gone. That was my greatest moment in life. By her asking for a date she came concious of what she was programming sub-concious to do, once she realized she reclaimed her energy and herself.