PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Drawers

Silver
01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Years ago, I went to a second-hand store and purchased a chest of drawers. That night, I was close to sleep when I heard this c-r-r-r-a-a-a-c-k. I immediately got up and looked around and about this chest of drawers (it was right next to my bed.) O-m-g, it sounded like someone had to have 'done' something to make such a loud noise. I was so perplexed. I opened every drawer full out, looked in, around and underneath each one and couldn't find anything to account for this noise. Nothing more to do, so I went back to bed.

This happened maybe once or twice a night and on rare occasions during the day.

One night, I had a guest and it happened. Well, he said what the bleep was THAT?! and I said oh, it's just my drawers.
:icon_eek:

True story.

And yeah, I did get rid of it and thoughts went through my head about is it haunted with the spirit of someone, like a baby or a cat or animal who died in it or WHAT? I'll probably get a response from some carpenter or furniture expert saying it's such-and-such, but man, that was amazing and at LEAST I had a witness!

onlyme2
01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
its usually when spirit gets attached to an item from either making it or owning it maybe it had sentimental value im sure it meant u no harm though

Lynn
02-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Hello

I had a case where a dresser was purchased for a young boy and the drawer would fly right out of it at night. Not in a violent way but in a forceful and purposeful pulling of them out.

When this was look at I came to find that the dresser belonged to a young boy that sadly sailed out his bedroom second floor window. He would remove the drawers and put the upside down to reach his bedroom window to talk to the neibour boy. One day he slipped out that window and sadly died.

When the dresser went to its new home it was again placed by a window and the spirit of the boy was there to simply warn the family to move it to a safer location. They were most blessed to learn of WHY the activity and once the dresser was moved the drawers never moved again at night.

When bringing in second hand furniture to one' s home do a simple blessing over it. Furniture like jewlery holds energies.

Lynn

Silver
02-03-2011, 02:51 AM
When I was at the store, there were a whole bunch of similar but totally different chests all lined up, and I would have to choose that one! So strange to hear this loud crack coming from that thing, it was especially loud in the dead of night!

Chrysaetos
09-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Have you tried to go back to the store and ask where that chest came from..?

yes
11-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Years ago, I went to a second-hand store and purchased a chest of drawers. That night, I was close to sleep when I heard this c-r-r-r-a-a-a-c-k. I immediately got up and looked around and about this chest of drawers (it was right next to my bed.) O-m-g, it sounded like someone had to have 'done' something to make such a loud noise. I was so perplexed. I opened every drawer full out, looked in, around and underneath each one and couldn't find anything to account for this noise. Nothing more to do, so I went back to bed.

This happened maybe once or twice a night and on rare occasions during the day.

One night, I had a guest and it happened. Well, he said what the bleep was THAT?! and I said oh, it's just my drawers.
:icon_eek:

True story.

And yeah, I did get rid of it and thoughts went through my head about is it haunted with the spirit of someone, like a baby or a cat or animal who died in it or WHAT? I'll probably get a response from some carpenter or furniture expert saying it's such-and-such, but man, that was amazing and at LEAST I had a witness!

You might find this interesting. It is an account of a meeting between the two psychologists, Jung and Freud in 1909:

"Jung visited Freud in Vienna and asked his opinion on precognition and parapsychology. But Freud was too materialistic and rejected these matters in a way that upset Jung. A strange thing happened then. As Freud was leaving, Jung felt his diaphragm burning and a very loud crack came from the bookcase next to them. When Jung told Freud that this is a perfect example of paranormal phenomenon, he still denied it. Then Jung predicted that in a moment there would be another loud noise. And he was right; a second loud crack came from the bookcase."

malcolm c
16-02-2012, 07:52 PM
We buy and restore old sets of drawers and bedside tables etc. We have loads of weird going ons from time to time.

I'm lead to beleve people get attached to items

Silver
17-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I guess I never caught the last 3 additions to this thread...

Chrysaetos, it's been too long and I didn't think of doing that at the time. Good idea, wish I would've thought of it. The loud cracking noise was quite disconcerting!

And thank you, yes, for sharing the story of Jung and Freud. Fascinating!

Hi malcolm, I guess I'd find a new hobby if I had started getting weird experiences seemingly associated with the used furniture!