PDA

View Full Version : loud heartbeat/tingling hands - reiki? something else?

CJ82Sky
28-02-2011, 08:26 PM
so when you are doing reiki i know most people (at least i do and a few of my reiki friends do) get the tingly almost pins and needles but electric / energy in a good way feeling in your palms.

last nite i'm lying in bed trying to go to sleep and i can literally hear my heartbeat in my ears - and i wasn't stressed or nervous, just wanting to sleep! and then i got the reiki sensation in my hands. only i'm just reiki 1 so in theory i can't send out yet or do remote, and i did my protection before bed like i always do. any idea on what this is/was? i did have some chinese tea with dinner a few hours before bed but the caffeine has never bothered me before and this felt EXACTLY like reiki with the added strong heartbeat - and not fast - just strong. i could feel it and hear it as if it was a stethoscope.

any thoughts would be great! thanks!

Enya
28-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Just a thought for you - theory rarely matches practice. The thought is the deed. If you want to send Reiki... you will send Reiki, regardless of experience.

Hearing your heartbeat could be simply that you were strongly tuned in to your body or that you were lying in such a way that you heard it more than usual.

Next time, give yourself some healing... :wink:

CJ82Sky
01-03-2011, 01:48 AM
makes sense re: sending/feeling.
i felt as if someone else was there too - it could be the energy of someone i know this life that i have lost touch with to an extent due to him going through really rough times and being very disconnected. he's reached out to me in dreams and on a soul level and i've felt his energy before but irl he's very disconnected and negative outwardly, but when he's calm, or just with his kids, he's one of the gentlest most loving people i know. it's a tough spot to be in. and i've felt his energy before but this is now twice since getting my reiki certification - and it felt like his energy - like he's TRYING to get over his issues with himself (confidence, guilt, etc. from his past) and is reaching out to me to help....

maybe im just crazy lol but i know anything is possible. :)
will be reiki-ing myself before bed again tonite!

SoaringSpirit
01-03-2011, 05:14 AM
What I have found by my own experience and with my students, is that after reiki 1, you might often find the reiki energy 'switching on' in your hands at random times when you're not actually doing healing. Its your body getting used to the flow of energy, don't worry too much about it. As you use reiki more and more or as you go up in the levels that random switching on will stop. Although, you will often find that if you are in the presence of someone who needs healing and will accept reiki, the energy will switch on.

CJ82Sky
01-03-2011, 03:14 PM
thanks soaring spirit - makes a lot of sense.

i have to say reiki has really changed my life in SO many ways. the positive energy is great and everything else is really starting to fall into place as long as i stay focused and keep working on myself :)

CJ82Sky
01-03-2011, 05:37 PM
ack cool so excited and job opportunities are falling from the sky :) yay positive energy!!!!!!!