PDA

View Full Version : Vision of scarab

Emmalevine
28-02-2011, 01:54 PM
I had another interesting happening while on retreat that I thought I'd share.

After my disturbed night with the spirit/vision, I decided to walk through the grounds to a place where I could sit amongst trees and watch the rising sun. I did just that and it was very still and peaceful with just the sounds of birds singing. I closed my eyes for a short while and then I saw a vision of a silver insect. I didn't know what it was at the time but it crawled across my line of vision. It looked like some sort of beetle. On impulse I decided to look up some spiritual symbols online (there is a very good site which lists hundreds with pictures) and as soon as I saw the symbol for the scarab (dung) beetle I knew that was exactly what I had saw. Even more incredible was when I read the description for that symbol and realised it represents the rising sun! I had absolutely no idea of this so I couldn't have imagined the vision. It also represents rebirth, creation etc. I thought that was a pretty amazing experience to have! :smile:

Serenity Bear
28-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Scarab are awesome little creatures and feature heavily in Eqyptian times.

I was the same with a Septagram, especially when I found out what it meant.

Emmalevine
28-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I had to look septagram up but I have seen those too, just didn't know the name!

It kind of gives a warm feeling when you see something like that and then realise what it means!

GoldenEagleIndy
01-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Very cool story Starbuck, thank you for sharing.

I also have a scarab, I call him little blue bug. He's the one who helps me with my spirit paintings, I was drawn to your post about it. I have never put a name to mine until now, but I think that I have had several in the paintings.

Odd, now I want to go and look to see if maybe one should be put here for you. Who knows, I will see. Or not.

Have you had the notion to possibly explore something creatively? A picture or color that has been stuck in your head, or it seems? Green, red, blue, yellow, and a little brown with you. There's something new about you.. :wink:

GoldenEagleIndy
01-03-2011, 01:30 AM
You know I just never know about these things yet, but I am drawn to put this in here. If you have something with it or see something in it then it was meant for you, if not then I apologize.

Namaste,

GEI

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8565/010ah.jpg

Emmalevine
01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Thank you for posting that Golden Eagle. I don't see anything in that right now, but I will come back to it. It's a really lovely painting - I do like the colours!

GoldenEagleIndy
03-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Thank you for posting that Golden Eagle. I don't see anything in that right now, but I will come back to it. It's a really lovely painting - I do like the colours!

Namaste,

And thank you, if you do would like to hear. And if not, that's okay too!

Keeping on keepin on.. :cool: