View Full Version : Time Speeding Up

11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Time Speeding Up
2006 10 10
From: montalk.net (http://montalk.net/notes/time-speeding-up)
Article received from Light Eye
http://www.red-ice.net/specialreports/2006/10oct/timespeedup.jpg Some people believe time is speeding up. This idea is based on observation that the difference between subjective and objective assessments of time have increased over the past decade. For instance, time seems to be flying by faster than ever, or what used to take several years to accomplish now seems to be taking place in just a couple. In the 2012 paradigm, this idea serves to correlate the prophesied dissolution of time with immediate personal observations. I believe two simultaneous phenomena are contributing to this perception.
The first is that there has been an ongoing reduction in novelty among trivial trends. This means an increase in routine and repetition in all things mundane, both personal and cultural. Television and internet have also become more deeply embedded in modern life, increasing the amount of time we spend being mentally asleep during the day, decreasing the quality and quantity of memories. Due to distraction, repetition, and routine, the recent past offers less memorable content to reflect upon and thus appears shortened. When consulting the calendar we therefore notice the days flying by.
The second is that there has been a simultaneous increase in novelty among spiritually significant trends. Rate of growth among receptive individuals in terms of awareness and emotional maturity is accelerating. You may have changed more in the past two years than you did in the five years before that. When more personal growth is crammed into a shorter amount of time, it appears that things have picked up pace and more ground is being covered more quickly.
The combination of

11-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Here is a great article where I learnt all about our perceptions of time speeding up: http://www.jayweidner.com/2012Topology.html - it explains it in great detail, with diagrams to help.

I read somewhere that our 24 hour day is more like 16 hours would have felt to people years ago, due to the fact that we are approaching the end of so many cycles of time as we speak. It sure does feel mad down here, doesn't it? From my understanding (of the link I gave, and other things I've read) 2012 is zero point - where time stands still for 3 days. Once we've got through that, time re-starts, then gradually seems to slow down again.

Hope I'm making sense here, lol? But having said all this, time is only an illusion anyway, isn't it?:D

11-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi mikron and Jaycee.

First, thanks mikron for posting this article. I have found it to be of great interest.

Second, Jaycee, I think we have read off the same website about 16 hour days and zero point. Does the Schumann Resonance sound familiar? It was a starchildren website, I believe.

11-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi Kundalini!

Yes, Schumann Resonance does indeed sound familiar - so familiar that I was actually going to mention it in the above post, hehehe!!!

11-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks Jaycee and Kundalini ! for adding more Light and Insight!

12-10-2006, 07:28 PM
That's what I appreciate so much about our current society, that we have such an abundant wealth of knowledge literally at our fingertips. With the internet, books, CDs, DVDs, we can make so much progress..

Whereas in the 60's I'm sure the only way to do it was to go to India and become an ascetic.. :D

Mind you, I'd still love to do that..