PDA

View Full Version : What emanates from people?

Fiona
10-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know what it is that emanates from certain people, animals or places to produce physical and emotional senses in others? I have always been deeply affected by certain images, places, individuals - on an emotional and physical level.

Thinking scientifically I guess one would say it is about reading non verbal cues and emotional intelligence. The ability to feel empathy also plays a large part. These factors are clearly at play but I feel there is more to it than that, something else, not so easy to grasp.

There is somebody at my workplace at the moment, who I find very difficult to be with. Luckily we only see each other now and again but whenever I am with them, I get such a sense of hopelessness and isolation, the whole atmosphere changes, it's like wading through treacle. I have noticed they also have a similar affect on others. I try very hard to find something else that I need to do, somewhere else I need to be. That's not very nice is it?:icon_frown:

~Jay~
10-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi Fiona,

In a word, I'd say it was vibrations that are affecting you, and anyone who is particularly sensitive to them are known as "empaths" - a word you already mentioned in your post!

You are obviously picking up on the thoughts & emotions of the people & animals you are encountering, and places also have a certain feel to them, as they retain the patterns of energy from events of the past & present. That's why places like concentration camps from the second world war have an unmistakable eerie & dark feel to them - as they retain the negative 'vibes' from what happened there all those years ago. You could also be experiencing deja-vu, and could have been to certain places in a past life or in the astral at night.

For the negative person at work - I'd recommend some shielding techniques to perform daily before you leave the house. There's some on a thread I started about empathy in the mediumship section of the board.:wink:

Just my two pennorth.:D

daisy
10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
vibes definately i'd say, this can be annoying but i don't find it partcularly draining

kundalini
10-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know what it is that emanates from certain people, animals or places to produce physical and emotional senses in others? I have always been deeply affected by certain images, places, individuals - on an emotional and physical level.

Thinking scientifically I guess one would say it is about reading non verbal cues and emotional intelligence. The ability to feel empathy also plays a large part. These factors are clearly at play but I feel there is more to it than that, something else, not so easy to grasp.

There is somebody at my workplace at the moment, who I find very difficult to be with. Luckily we only see each other now and again but whenever I am with them, I get such a sense of hopelessness and isolation, the whole atmosphere changes, it's like wading through treacle. I have noticed they also have a similar affect on others. I try very hard to find something else that I need to do, somewhere else I need to be. That's not very nice is it?:icon_frown:

Hi Fiona, additionally to Jaycee's answer, what you are sensing is that person, animal, place's auric field. Indeed, everything has an aura and within that aura there is contained all the information on what that person, animal, object, place has seen or been through. Even past-life information is contained in these fields.

A natural empath will very easily pick up on these vibes, while a more trained empath would be able to search for more detailed information, but, of course that should only be done for the highest good. If you ever want to learn to see auras, then please PM me and I will send you a technique. That is, of course, if you can't already see them.

Hope this helps,

Kundalini.

daisy
10-10-2006, 08:44 PM
oooooooooooh do you mind pm ing that for me too please kundalini, yes i know i've got a cheek lol, that picking up vibes like that is extremely useful imo especially in bad situations it's like having an inner 'alarm bell'

dreamer
10-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi Fiona,

I have questioned this for a long time. I find it fascinating that some people seem to be able to get on with everyone whilst others find it hard to be around anyone. I have come to the conclusion that its all about natural honesty, which means understanding where the other person is coming from so that there is a basis for liking them enough to be able to be honest about the things they do that may not be socially acceptable.

Not sure if this person is male or female so i'll swap gender assignments. It is likely that this person is feeling as bad inside as he makes the people around him feel, it is likely that she has encountered fairly nasty negative attitudes towards him in his childhood to make him feel this way and it is likely that she would respond well to a respectful but honest approach. Having said that if its a work situation its difficult and can you really be bothered making the effort? Try to see the little child that lies behind the bravado...theres always a little child, normally frightened and unloved behind the facade of negative people, but it's the getting to that child by seeing the good as well as the bad thats the tricky part.

Sorry, this is a bit of lecture which i'm not intending it to be, it just fascinates me.....next time this person does something you genuinely admire, tell them and see their reaction, for someone unused to getting praise to be praised can really light someone negative up, and disarm them and make them much more easy for you to be around, you become less of a threat to them and so they persecute less. Sorry if this comes across badly or if i have totally misread the scenario.

Fiona
10-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Dreamer. It is a man. I think you are right about this person and you have made some good suggestions - but I am afraid I dont think I will be able to implement them.

He seems to want some affinity with me, it isn't sexual in any way, but he will often seek me out. I 'sense' him standing at my door and turn my head around to see him where he has been standing silently waiting for my attention. I never want him to enter my space, or to linger in conversation for too long because the feelings come and stay with me after he has left.

Whilst I do not wish to be unkind, I do not wish to encourage this person as I would not wish to maintain a relationship with him.

When emotions come to me I can find it very intrusive, like someone bashing down a door. Perhaps if I could control it in some way I could be of more help to others, and not so concerned about myself. I think the shielding techniques mentioned by Jaycee may be of help.

kundalini
10-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi Fiona, in addition to my earlier answer and since you have now elaborated on the situation involved somewhat, I have a suggestion for you. Dreamer will know what I am talking about.

The suggestion is that whatever traits it is in that particular man that is making you uncomfortable, learn to accept that you are also capable of that behaviour. From your posts, I have gleaned that it appears to be this man's neediness which makes you feel uncomfortable. So, to rectify this situation and this does work, try this exercise:

1. Sit down somewhere comfortable at anytime of the day.

2. Make sure you are relaxed.

3. Then, think about what trait or traits about this man is making you feel so uncomfortable (I will use 'neediness' as an example).

4. Now, over and over in your mind say this sentence whilst also knowing that you are integrating that 'uncomfortable or bad' behaviour as part of yourself.

5. So, in this case keep saying 'I am needy, I am needy, I am needy'.

I know it sounds silly but what you are actually doing is integrating your own dark side and 'lighting' it up. This is called Shadow Work. As everybody we meet is a reflection of ourselves and this man seems to be giving that particular trait the most, then life may be showing you that you too are capable of that behaviour at some point. I am 99.9% certain that if you do this, then within a couple of days, this man will 'suddenly' and 'mysteriously' lose all interest in being that way around you. Should you want to know more about shadow work, feel free to PM me.

dreamer
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi Fiona, sorry i was presumptive before, just speculating really, shouldn't have. It sounds as though its a tricky situation like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. what is it about him that makes you feel uncomfortable? what is it about you that attrcats him?

Ascended Master
10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Energy vampire possibly?

Lacks his own, so draws from others?
Swamping his surroundings with 'need'.

Walk away if you need to Fiona.

That is more than okay to be that way.

Love and light, and much positivity to you!

AM

PS, next time you get this problem with him, ask nicely for your guides to bring you some energy. I'm sending some up as we speak for you to draw on, and my intent is for it to help the situation.

Lapis
10-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Fiona,

First of all, don't feel bad over the fact that some people literally make you feel bad. :wink: I've lived with this my whole life and have adapted and learned how to alter certain things in myself and my energy field to help with this. And as we're all learning, just because we don't say anything or physically do anything dosen't mean that we don't effect other people! We all do in many ways.

It's mainly about energies. Of course there could be 'past life/karmic' issues going on but it sounds to me at least that this is just about lower energy in him effecting you and your energies. And yes, you sound very 'sensitive', very empathic and ultra sensitive to energetic variations. You might need to wrap yourself up better when you have to go out and be around other people. The reality of being sensitive/empathic/psychic etc. and consciously effected by more than most.

Sometimes some people will unconsciously gravitate toward someone who's emanating much cleaner and faster energies. Like the moth to the flame sort of thing. They are attracted to what feels good to them even though they aren't usually aware that any of this is even going on. And because it sounds from what you've said, that he's down emotionally and possibly physically also, he could be (again unconsciously) trying to draw energy off from you to feel better himself. This happens far more than people would guess. It really is a form of energy vampirism.

When this happens it leaves us feeling exhausted, physically and emotionally weakened and violated.

Whatever the case, put up (visualize every day) big strong and utterly impenertable walls of energy all around you to keep this sort of thing away. Psychic etiquette is something few people know anything about so we have to learn how to protect ourselves from their trespasses. Good luck and fear not, your stronger than you realise yet. :icon_thumleft:

Fiona
11-10-2006, 12:24 AM
I thought a great deal about what dreamer said, and Kundalini, insights and suggestions I very much appreciated and which had merit, but somehow they did not 'feel' right in this particular situation. However, both Lapis and Ascended Master have used the term "energy vampire" - something I have not heard before, but which makes much more sense of my experience and of the experience of others I observe who also come in to contact with this man. Jaycee also referred to "energy vampirism" in the thread on empathy in the mediumship section. This was a great read - nodded all the way through it!

Lapis, you used the word 'violated' to explain how it feels when you come in to contact with someone like this - this is such an accurate description of how it feels. I used the word 'intrusive' - but violated is much better. It is a bit like someone stepping right close up in to your personal space uninvited, even though they are actually on the other side of the room. Does that make sense?

In the past I have given of my time and personal resources to my own detriment and as I have grown in age and experience I have tried to guard against this. I also try to guard against carrying the feelings of others as if they are my own. I am constantly aware of this in everyday life, checking my feelings to see if they belong to me or to someone else and mentally giving them back if necessary.

I will continue to develop strategies for protecting myself. I thank you most sincerely.