PDA

View Full Version : Independence and the path

LibraIndigo
19-08-2017, 05:34 AM
So it's come through from multiple mediums
And now a detailed astrological report based on my birthchartthat I needed to learn independence, and that I would be tested on it time and time again...which turns out I have. It also turns out that this supposed to be one of my last incarnations here.

This leads me to the question: what does independence have to do with spiritual progression?

I hadn't been previously aware that this was part of the path.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thankd

Lorelyen
19-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Mine's probably an oversimplification but to me "independence" means you driving your own life, rising above (or beyond) social conditioning and expectations. You need to be aware of them but you are able to pick and choose how you interact with society and others to get things done - effectively independent of the system of things.

Raziel
19-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Mine's probably an oversimplification but to me "independence" means you driving your own life - effectively independent of the system of things.♥

This ^ but I would also warn that if your head is down, following a spiritual map your not really enjoying the scenery if you get my meaning..

Advice can be helpful & provide us all with some great tools but nobody has all the of answers. You can acknowledge the "be quiet birds nesting" sign on a trail whilst still being completely oblivious to the wolves.

I could teach a person to use a mobile phone or computer for example but I didn't build them & wouldn't even know where to start. As the questions became more complicated that would be me done, some people out there in the world act as though they could build, create or develop concepts but they conveniently never do (but they are happy to sell them).

Greenslade
19-08-2017, 10:01 AM
This leads me to the question: what does independence have to do with spiritual progression?

I hadn't been previously aware that this was part of the path.Perhaps not Spiritual progression as a general rule but obviously your progression certainly. From the day you draw your first breath you're on the Path to Spiritual progression - at least for this incarnation - and it continues until your last breath.

Perhaps another question would be "How do you think you have benefited from having independence?"

Jyotir
19-08-2017, 01:14 PM
what does independence have to do with spiritual progression?

Hi LibraIndigo,

If you don't have independence in your individual life experience how are you going to discover your personal God reliance?

~ J

dryad
19-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Seems like a lot of people get told this is supposed to be their last or in your case one of your last lifetimes (including myself). The problem I see with this is that it makes people complacent. They assume its just gonna happen so they don't actually have to do anything. I asked about this recently and I was told its to try to make people aware of and to live up to their potential. Not many actually do. To explain this.... For a lifetime to be your last you need to ascend in that life. Or to qualify for ascension by the end of that life which means learning all your lessons or resolving all your karma or whatever requirements there are to break the chains or free yourself from the compulsory cycle of reincarnation. I was told that fate can be seen as a maximum potential. In this case how far you have the potential to go towards ascending. Every soul can ascend but not every lifetime has enough potential to complete the task. That's why we spend many lifetimes learning until we get to the point that we are ready/capable to ascend. Those rare lifetimes that do have enough potential to ascend are only given to souls that have proven themselves capable of making use of that potential by getting at least halfway there in a past life. So if you are told that you are fated that this is your last life it means you can ascend. But if you don't do the work you wont. And of course its not easy. Most people that have the potential don't get there. So if you've been told this is your last life then you need to work towards that goal in whatever way makes sense to you.

Independence definitely has spiritual implications. From self reliance to confidence to taking responsibility for yourself and your choices. Balancing independence with asking for and accepting help when needed. If you take it too far you get arrogance and stubbornness too.

LibraIndigo
19-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Seems like a lot of people get told this is supposed to be their last or in your case one of your last lifetimes (including myself). The problem I see with this is that it makes people complacent. They assume its just gonna happen so they don't actually have to do anything. I asked about this recently and I was told its to try to make people aware of and to live up to their potential. Not many actually do. To explain this.... For a lifetime to be your last you need to ascend in that life. Or to qualify for ascension by the end of that life which means learning all your lessons or resolving all your karma or whatever requirements there are to break the chains or free yourself from the compulsory cycle of reincarnation. I was told that fate can be seen as a maximum potential. In this case how far you have the potential to go towards ascending. Every soul can ascend but not every lifetime has enough potential to complete the task. That's why we spend many lifetimes learning until we get to the point that we are ready/capable to ascend. Those rare lifetimes that do have enough potential to ascend are only given to souls that have proven themselves capable of making use of that potential by getting at least halfway there in a past life. So if you are told that you are fated that this is your last life it means you can ascend. But if you don't do the work you wont. And of course its not easy. Most people that have the potential don't get there. So if you've been told this is your last life then you need to work towards that goal in whatever way makes sense to you.

Independence definitely has spiritual implications. From self reliance to confidence to taking responsibility for yourself and your choices. Balancing independence with asking for and accepting help when needed. If you take it too far you get arrogance and stubbornness too.

Trust me, I know I have to do the work. I did wonder about that too though, if everybody gets told that but in a recent very specific astrological report I bought based on my birthchart
explained that this life has been a bit harder (by choice) to take care of karma...had some things imprinted in my aura(also by choice) so that people would have a tendency to exert their authority over me even if it wasn't theirs. This has been very true! Apparently it was to learn two things...how to not react to situations and to learn the deep importance of Independence. From my understanding often some of the last lives are the hardest in order to work out the karma.

Now the work that lies ahead of me is going to be something!

Hi LibraIndigo,

If you don't have independence in your individual life experience how are you going to discover your personal God reliance?

~ J

Yes, I agree. I think this could be it! It's just interesting that all the stuff I have been reading doesn't mention anything about it.

iamthat
19-08-2017, 09:51 PM

There is a paradox in that we are both completely independent and completely interdependent. There is only me in my life, and yet I am connected to everything.

As incarnated human beings are are all dependent on so many people and so many things for our daily survival. At the same time we are all completely alone, no matter how many people surround us.

As spiritual beings we are Self-existent, needing nothing to maintain our Being. And at the same time, as spiritual beings we are all part of a greater Being.

On the journey of spiritual progression, we may pursue many paths and many teachings. Eventually we let go of our need for guidance from any outer teachers and we start to trust our inner teacher. We may still be guided by many sources, but we determine the direction we follow. This is spiritual independence.

Peace.

Raziel
20-08-2017, 07:17 AM
On the journey of spiritual progression, we may pursue many paths and many teachings. Eventually we let go of our need for guidance from any outer teachers and we start to trust our inner teacher. We may still be guided by many sources, but we determine the direction we follow. This is spiritual independence.

Peace.

:spam4: sooo .. what I said but longer :occasion14:

Jyotir
20-08-2017, 03:33 PM
sooo .. what I said but longer

Yes, knightoflenity

Independent
Interdependent

BUT... (curiously)...

Leaving out: God*dependence?

Unless, "we determine the direction we follow" and "inner teacher" is the clever** equivalent - in the realizing status, of course - not the Eternally Realized status.

* the essential (unrealized) nature of both our independence and interdependence.
**"We may still be guided by many sources." (my emphasis in bold on what constitutes this odd twist)

~ J

Raziel
23-08-2017, 12:49 PM
what does independence have to do with spiritual progression?
Any insight would be appreciated.

Thankd

If God is beyond our understanding i.e works in mysterious ways, then he/it is indefinable by mankind. Independence would be accepting this to be true based on everything you have learned so far.

Being independent is like leaving home as a young adult - you make your own way with the upbringing that you have in the hope that you will do well.

That's why I say be a good person, be someones hero. How could that lifestyle anger a God or dent karma or any of the other things?

You know how to be good so do it as much as possible. :icon_thumright:

Any religion, belief system, path that is opposed to that can't be the right path anyway surely?