PDA

View Full Version : Past life hypnosis?

Gibbz
24-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Has anyone gone to an actual past life regressionist/hypnotist? What was your experience with one? Considering making an appointment with one. I've tried meditation and free-writing numerous times with little success.

AnelaKini
24-02-2011, 08:21 PM
I have a thread in here somewhere, from December. :)

Gibbz
25-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Just read it.

Love&Light
25-02-2011, 05:38 AM
I've had a hypnosis regression session!:smile:

It's deeply relaxing and you can feel your poor knotted mind gently being untied, that's hugely enjoyable in itself!

The regression itself is amazing! You'll picture yourself as a child again, and in a way you are that child again! You'll look down and see your little arms! You'll run along not going very fast cause you've only got little legs!

You may well re remember a beautiful memory that has got lost, like somebody kissed or hugged you and you just didn't remember for some reason!

Have you been traumitised by something then Gibbz? :icon_frown:

I recomend hypnosis! Hugely beneficial and totally harmless! Hypnotherapy CDs are worth buying too!

:smile:

SandybytheSea
25-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Gibbz, as a regression therapist, I strongly urge you NOT to have a past life regression unless there's a very good reason ... you can open Pandora's box and never get it closed again.

Love&Light, I'm delighted you had a good session, but not everyone sees their lifetimes as you did. I mention this only because sometimes people think they have failed, that the regression hasn't worked if they haven't seen everything clearly. I've had clients who haven't seen a darn thing, but they were able to relate events through other senses, and some who have seen it all but only as a third person, as though they were watching a movie.

I'd also (and particularly) caution against hypnosis or past life regression cd's - you need to be "assisted" through a regression as many times extremely traumatic events can come to the surface, and a good therapist can guide you through it and help you understand the meaning and purpose of the event, while doing it alone or with an amateur can lead to further trauma. This is why I am also against group sessions.

Gibbz
25-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I have two threads I created previously as to why I would like to have a regression.

tainamom
27-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I did a Ladder of Conciousness regression, but it was not hypnosis. I was completely awake and aware in a safe and sacred environment. I will not tell you what happened, but it was a very good experience. I was told that hypnosis is not necessarily a good thing as other things can get implanted or invited that's not really past life related.

Good luck.

Gina
02-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I had a regression about 2 weeks ago, was also sceptical about the whole thing, but I'm glad I did it, it was amazing. You feel everyting as if you are back at that time, the smell the feelings everything. I didn't really get what I was looking for but my subconcious went back to a previous life I had, I have to go back cause I got really anxious and nausious, and the regressionist suggested that we do it again some other time. I'm glad I did it cause i now know what happened to me before (eventhough I was killed then) But somehow I do feel better.

Gauss
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM
You may want to check these link(no responsibility taken!):

http://www.mypastlife.com/

http://pastliferegressions.com/

http://www.brianweiss.com/

http://www.pastlivesremembered.org/

I believe it may be well worth doing it although I personally try to reach that state through Falun Dafa practice.

Since I was little I always had a dream about being a knight of some sort and I was pushed out of the tower during a struggle and well, I died when I hit the ground and that is when I use to wake up..:smile:

Summerland
02-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I have had four regressions and do not regret any of them . I learned from each experience and understood the influence on this lifetime. It has never given me a magical solution or instant cure. But it has helped immensely on how to make wise decisions .
There can be a lot of emotional pain associateed with a regression; it will feel as real as this life. I have never felt any physical pain when I have died in those past lives. Bear in mind, that a regression isn't going to give you all the answers, but a journey begins with a single step.

grazier
02-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Gibbz, as a regression therapist, I strongly urge you NOT to have a past life regression unless there's a very good reason ... you can open Pandora's box and never get it closed again.

Love&Light, I'm delighted you had a good session, but not everyone sees their lifetimes as you did. I mention this only because sometimes people think they have failed, that the regression hasn't worked if they haven't seen everything clearly. I've had clients who haven't seen a darn thing, but they were able to relate events through other senses, and some who have seen it all but only as a third person, as though they were watching a movie.

I'd also (and particularly) caution against hypnosis or past life regression cd's - you need to be "assisted" through a regression as many times extremely traumatic events can come to the surface, and a good therapist can guide you through it and help you understand the meaning and purpose of the event, while doing it alone or with an amateur can lead to further trauma. This is why I am also against group sessions.

I agree with you Sandy, I am also a retired Hypnoanalyst/Psychoanalyst. Regression therapy should be done by a qualified analytic therapist.

Hypnotherapy in itself is safe enough if carried out by a reputable qualified therapist but there are also 'quacks' about out there.

A regression therapist guides the client through the recalled memories, whether of this life or past lives and they are relived in detail, together with all emotions and sometimes actions. There is also a phenomena called 'abreaction', whereby the hypnotised subject recalls a negative incident and can actually display physical symptoms of the incident. I am aware of an incident where the subject was recalling a past life where they were hanged and relived the hanging. Welts appeared on the neck and throat where the rope was tightened.

Abreaction can be a bit frightening for the therapist and they may be tempted to release the client from the trance at this point, but this is most unwise. The subject must be allowed to complete the incident - they will emerge from their trance of their own accord if necessary. The subject will suffer no harm from the experience, in fact will be better for it, because that may have been the experience that was causing the problems. No harm will come to the subject as the incident is past and is only a memory - it is the mind that it has been affecting, and the mind affecting the body.

A word of caution with past life regression - there is a phenomena called 'false memory syndrome', which means that because you 'recall' a memory under hypnosis doesn't absolutely mean that it really happened. The memory could be something that you read, a film or TV programme that you saw, a picture that you have seen, something someone said to you and any number of other things that you have completely forgotten about. You must remember that hypnosis only relaxes you deeply and removes your own inhibitions, freeing your subconsious to bring forward things that have been stuck there and it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a fact that is being recalled, merely some form of memory.

I agree with Sandy in that regression CD's are not advisable without a therapist there to guide you should you encounter difficulties and for the precise reasons that I have outlined above.

Always find out about your hypnotherpist's qualifications and experience before you submit yourself to their care. Get them to explain the facts about hypnotherapy and regression therapy before embarking on ANY sessions - that way you are safe.

Blessings

grazier :hug3:

SandybytheSea
03-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Hey there Grazier :smile:
Would love to exchange stories with you one day - no names mentioned, of course! Did you specialize in past life regressions or only do them when the need arose?

grazier
03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey there Grazier :smile:
Would love to exchange stories with you one day - no names mentioned, of course! Did you specialize in past life regressions or only do them when the need arose?

Hi Sandy,

It might be interesting (but a bit unethical) to exchange stories.

I am afraid that I didn't carry out past life regressions. My field was analytic therapy (Freudian Psychoanalsys). I worked only with the present life.

In spite of this I have had many recalled memories from past lives of my own.
These have always been authenticated in some way or another.

Blessings

Lynn
03-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Has anyone gone to an actual past life regressionist/hypnotist? What was your experience with one? Considering making an appointment with one. I've tried meditation and free-writing numerous times with little success.

Hello

I have done a regression it was lead in a Meditation. It was an amazing experience BUT too I would say that NOT all past lives we have had might ring well with us. Be ready for not being maybe a good person in some, or having a not nice death event having happened in the past.

I was not ready for some that came up for me I was pretty startled by one and I had to really work on making peace with it.

If one does this path be grounded and make sure that ye up front understand the process and what is going to be said to make sure its PURE in intentions and one is not LEAD to be on the wrong path. Directed by the on doing it.

Lynn

SandybytheSea
04-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I absolutely agree with you Lynn, that's why it's so important to have a trained and compassionate therapist with you when you go through it. I work mainly with fears and phobias which is almost invariably the result of a difficult passing, so I can predict with almost 100% accuracy when the regression is going to be a bit scarey. But without the guidance, counselling and other techniques such as flower essences and homework, as well as follow up sessions, such a regression could result in even more fear and further dysfunction.

Grazier, I agree - discussing specific case histories is totally unethical, I was thinking more along general lines, such as whether you had regressed anyone to Atlantis or an incarnation on another planet. I didn't realise you didn't work with past lives. How did you access your own lives - through hypnosis, meditation, dreamwork?

grazier
04-03-2011, 04:21 PM
I absolutely agree with you Lynn, that's why it's so important to have a trained and compassionate therapist with you when you go through it. I work mainly with fears and phobias which is almost invariably the result of a difficult passing, so I can predict with almost 100% accuracy when the regression is going to be a bit scarey. But without the guidance, counselling and other techniques such as flower essences and homework, as well as follow up sessions, such a regression could result in even more fear and further dysfunction.

Grazier, I agree - discussing specific case histories is totally unethical, I was thinking more along general lines, such as whether you had regressed anyone to Atlantis or an incarnation on another planet. I didn't realise you didn't work with past lives. How did you access your own lives - through hypnosis, meditation, dreamwork?

Hi Sandy,

In actual fact I did the same as you - Phobias, emotional problems and nervous disorders, plus habit related symptoms.

I recalled my own past lives through meditation and also with things revealed through channelled writings and through synchronicities. All of these things came with further developments and clarifications, and a KNOWING.

Blessings

pimser
04-03-2011, 05:34 PM
I had a past life regression done several years ago and it was beneficial and then had another done this past fall, as I wanted to go to life between lives and so you need to go to a past life in order to die and get between. It was very intense and amazing, I am glad I did it.

I must say, though, that it is not something to take lightly. I would not do it "just to do it" because it can stay with you for quite some time. The past life I visited ended up being extremely importnat to me for this life, and I got "downloads" during the next several weeks. It pretty much took up the majority of my life for awhile. That was ok, it was needed, but there is a fine line there, too. I am actually writing a novel based on this past life, because that energy needs it's story told. Some of the novel is different from what actually probably happened, but I am using the novel as a way to also heal that energy and give it what it wished it could communicate and couldn't due to life circumstances.

My life now has been enriched immeasurably.

So, long story short, don't use it as a "party game" even with a qualified regressionist. But, if you are seriously searching, I would highly recommend it, making sure that I went to someone well qualified.

BlueOrchid
06-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi I've actually seen several stage hypnotists but have never had much luck in going under hypnosis. Whether I am blocking the hypnosis voluntarily or not I do not know. I would love to be able to go under and find out if I have a past life or not. I feel very strongly towards World War 2 and even earlier to the Medieval period, I find both interesting. I know of several people who have been regressed to Biblical times but the information was patchy and also loads who have been regressed to the Witchcraft trials and such forth.

SerquetAsa
06-03-2011, 02:06 PM
I have been hypnotized before to go into a past life state - it was amazing.
I saw myself as Serquet, the Scorpion Queen, walking along with Isis through the temples.
He brought me right up to my death where I was old, but had taken ill. I passed on into the afterlife, reaching into the next body.

I got lost along the way at one point - I ended up taking over a raven's body that was outside the window.
All of it was caught on tape, and watching my face and body movements during my regression was amazing.

I remember most of it, though some was lost.
I'd love to do it again for the sheer fact that it opened up a part of me that I had always felt but could never put a finger to. :)

grazier
06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi I've actually seen several stage hypnotists but have never had much luck in going under hypnosis. Whether I am blocking the hypnosis voluntarily or not I do not know. I would love to be able to go under and find out if I have a past life or not. I feel very strongly towards World War 2 and even earlier to the Medieval period, I find both interesting. I know of several people who have been regressed to Biblical times but the information was patchy and also loads who have been regressed to the Witchcraft trials and such forth.

Stage hypnotists are a different kettle of fish to regression therapists.

You automatically put up a barrier because you don't want to make a fool of yourself.

In order for hypnosis to be successful you must want to be hypnotised and to go through whatever you have visited the therapist for.

A reputable hypnotherapist will explain the whole purpose and experience of hypnosis to you before you embark upon any session.

Everyone can be hypnotised successfully and sometimes subjects do not feel that they have been in a state of hypnosis when in fact they have. Proof of this is the time lapse phenomena. A hypnotised person will state that they have been 'under' for only a short time, maybe ten minutes, when in fact they were in hypnosis for an hour.

The only people that fail to be hypnotised are very young children, people under the influence of drugs or drink and people that suffer from mental retardation. It would also be unethical to try to hypnotise anyone with these conditions.

Everyone that is capable of logical thinking and logical reasoning CAN be hypnotised.

Blessings

Sarian
18-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I was seeing a therapist for awhile with the main goal of past life regression. She trained under Brian Weiss. I found it interesting, but because I have a side to me which kicks in at times to analyze everything, I wondered if I was imagining it and just babbling like a dream.

I feel very haunted by past lives, that's why it was important for me to go to her. I would still love to be able to go, but at this time in my life, I just can't. :-(

SerpentKing
31-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I think when you see trauma in past life, it is your soul letting go of the incident.

Kiki04
07-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I've had a hypnosis regression session!:smile:

It's deeply relaxing and you can feel your poor knotted mind gently being untied, that's hugely enjoyable in itself!

The regression itself is amazing! You'll picture yourself as a child again, and in a way you are that child again! You'll look down and see your little arms! You'll run along not going very fast cause you've only got little legs!

You may well re remember a beautiful memory that has got lost, like somebody kissed or hugged you and you just didn't remember for some reason!

Have you been traumitised by something then Gibbz? :icon_frown:

I recomend hypnosis! Hugely beneficial and totally harmless! Hypnotherapy CDs are worth buying too!

:smile:

Who did you go with? I've been interested in hypnosis but not sure where to go. I tried to do it myself through a youtube video and it felt similar to when I meditate but I got scared and stopped. What do you feel before you get to actually see things?
-Dulce

star-child
07-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Great thread. I would love to have a past life regression but from reading this thread, I guess it's something not to be taken lightly. I think I will have one eventually and I will probably feel if it is the right thing to do or not. I live near a clinic which I assume offers past life regressions, the woman does hypnosis and in the shop window there are lots of Egyptian statues, I take a look everytime I go past!