PDA

View Full Version : Negative vs Constructive Thoughts

SkyGodWarrior
16-08-2017, 01:55 AM
I assume I will have to post this twice just so I can see what the manifestation people say upon the topic but of course it will be altered slightly..... on to the subject at hand.

I am a spiritual being and I have encountered channelings where the medium states that I should have and show more emotion but I don't quite understand what that really means... lol During meditation I often contemplate what it means to show and have more emotion. I think about certain situations and how they make me feel and then I experience the emotion of course but often it is of emotions that I feel attract negativity to me.

For example I got paid $200 and I was expecting to move into a new place and be able to afford travel to work which costs me $100 a week. Of course the normal person is going to stress probably pull their hair out and dread about the situation.... but what should I doo? Should I experience those same emotions or should I go about it happily? Going about it happily seems irrational and self destructive if I think about it....

I know its a small thing to think about in the world compared with actual survival where others are thinking about how they are going to find water and food or even a place to live... But I have been in similar situations which is why I am kinda of weary about how I approach this subject. I could just suck it up and deal with the consequences of not having food or water but what does one do in that situation?

But when I do think positive of the situation is that how it should be done? I try my best to not be in situations that put me in a negative mindset but sometimes I cant avoid it and even foresee it way ahead of time and can not make certain actions happen to avoid it... also take this whole topic for instance... Should I not even think or talk about it and just avoid the topic all together?

Now for the irrational spiritual side of things.... I have a lot of guardians and I think because I spent 3 years with not knowing where the next drink of water or taste of food would come from I feel like they are pros at creating things to help me out. They often show me dreams telling me to relax and to believe in myself and to know that they are there... I had a life changing event when a phantom hand drew a large eye with the white spot being space. In that dream I knew that the universe was watching and caring for me. During a time when I really had it rough where I had got injured and not paid for months because I was in the military and the government shutdown at the same time I had my bank account frozen because of some identity theft stuff...... my guardians would give me whole back massages.. lol so its kinda now like I shouldn't worry but lol I never know where this stuff is coming and have to be on my toes.

To explain what I mean... like I said travel is $100 for 2 weeks and I didn't know how I was going to be able to pay for that... while going to the train the next day on my last $20 the lady at the front counter picked up a ticket and asked me "Dont you usually get this?" She was holding up a pass that would cut my travel expenses to $25 for 2 weeks..... Since then I have been getting that pass.

But anyways... I guess the real question is... What emotions should I experience.... what would be the most beneficial way to react and how should I experience them when I am revisiting them in meditation?

Greenslade
16-08-2017, 09:41 AM
But anyways... I guess the real question is... What emotions should I experience.... what would be the most beneficial way to react and how should I experience them when I am revisiting them in meditation?The real question is what are you doing? Really?

You've obviously put on the 'I am Spiritual' hat on and everything you say seems to be put into that box. You're using the 'positive' vs 'negative' and 'should', which is more of a trend than common sense. And you 'should have more emotions?' Where will you get those from?

To be honest Sky, I'd go back to basics on this one because you're fitting yourself into a pattern that's all too familiar of late. Ask yourself "What does Spirituality mean to me, personally?" Also, challenge each and every answer without mercy because those are the real questions that will give you more true answers.

For instance - the "irrational Spiritual side of things?" If you're not getting food or water your Spirituality is going to come to an abrupt and painful end, sorry to be blunt. If you're going to continue 'being Spiritual' then isn't survival a priority?

It's your experience so own it already, do yourself a favour and drop 'should experience.' You see, while you're busily labeling things as positive or negative or Spiritual or not and worrying about 'should be' you're missing what is. What is more awesome than 'should be' or even what you would label Spiritual.

Allr1
19-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Stop listening to what you are thinking, and start listening to what you are feeling, this is where true communication lies. Passion and desire are felt when you are being who you naturally are. Ecstasy is felt from the awareness and realisation of who you are. You will never get rid of the voices in your head. Your gob is to decide when to take them seriously.
This may look like riddles, but look closer.

boshy b. good
19-08-2017, 10:34 AM
caught warry thoughts - that's the pull. aughtta embust
confident. pay attention how and never mind at - serves
you up. stuff that makes sense makes sense. righteously
is what sets us.

SkyGodWarrior
19-08-2017, 10:22 PM
@Greenslade: Thank you for your post! This is just something I have been wondering. I think sometimes when a person is forced down a certain path that you have to understand that it may suck but you are being cared for. Going down an "irrational" path made me who I am today. It helped teach me things that I would of never even paid any attention to if I wasnt in certain situations.

I picked that path of pain becasue I knew that it would force me to learn fast or suffer the consequinces. Now that that part of my life has past I wouldnt change any of it. I was able to go deep within myself and findout who I am and what I really wanted to do with my life. Now that I am in a better place physically and spiritually I am able to use all the wisdom and determination I have gaind over the years to help me go for my own goals.

Another part of the reason I live this way is because I have gone into deep states of meditation and I am able to see how the mind and thoughts affect the world around us. Long story short everything you see around you is alive, moving, communicating and being shaped by what we think,do and feel. I saw all of this physically.

@AllR1: Thank you! As I was growing up, I never showed or felt any emotions other than anger. After learning to control my anger i became emotionless unless provoked.... Then one day I had a dream of a pastlife that changed my life for ever. It was a vision of a long lost love.... I felt immensely this intense feeling of love and over the years I started to understand day by day. Recenly 4 or 5 months ago I had smoked weed and the next day was watching movies and descovered that I was feeling emotions from the movies like never before. It seemed almost like a 6 sense... I wonder if this could be what I am trying to learn.....

@Boshy!! Thanks :) I understand and back at AllR1..... Yeah you guys are right just being myself and learning how to live the life I want to live is key. Along with the wisdom I have gained I know I am going in the right direction. With the knowledge that the world around me is helping me out each step I take I know that I am loved and cared for.

Thanks for all your posts!

keokutah
20-08-2017, 05:52 AM
I assume I will have to post this twice just so I can see what the manifestation people say upon the topic but of course it will be altered slightly..... on to the subject at hand.

I am a spiritual being and I have encountered channelings where the medium states that I should have and show more emotion but I don't quite understand what that really means... lol During meditation I often contemplate what it means to show and have more emotion. I think about certain situations and how they make me feel and then I experience the emotion of course but often it is of emotions that I feel attract negativity to me.

For example I got paid $200 and I was expecting to move into a new place and be able to afford travel to work which costs me $100 a week. Of course the normal person is going to stress probably pull their hair out and dread about the situation.... but what should I doo? Should I experience those same emotions or should I go about it happily? Going about it happily seems irrational and self destructive if I think about it....

I know its a small thing to think about in the world compared with actual survival where others are thinking about how they are going to find water and food or even a place to live... But I have been in similar situations which is why I am kinda of weary about how I approach this subject. I could just suck it up and deal with the consequences of not having food or water but what does one do in that situation?

But when I do think positive of the situation is that how it should be done? I try my best to not be in situations that put me in a negative mindset but sometimes I cant avoid it and even foresee it way ahead of time and can not make certain actions happen to avoid it... also take this whole topic for instance... Should I not even think or talk about it and just avoid the topic all together?

Now for the irrational spiritual side of things.... I have a lot of guardians and I think because I spent 3 years with not knowing where the next drink of water or taste of food would come from I feel like they are pros at creating things to help me out. They often show me dreams telling me to relax and to believe in myself and to know that they are there... I had a life changing event when a phantom hand drew a large eye with the white spot being space. In that dream I knew that the universe was watching and caring for me. During a time when I really had it rough where I had got injured and not paid for months because I was in the military and the government shutdown at the same time I had my bank account frozen because of some identity theft stuff...... my guardians would give me whole back massages.. lol so its kinda now like I shouldn't worry but lol I never know where this stuff is coming and have to be on my toes.

To explain what I mean... like I said travel is $100 for 2 weeks and I didn't know how I was going to be able to pay for that... while going to the train the next day on my last $20 the lady at the front counter picked up a ticket and asked me "Dont you usually get this?" She was holding up a pass that would cut my travel expenses to $25 for 2 weeks..... Since then I have been getting that pass.

But anyways... I guess the real question is... What emotions should I experience.... what would be the most beneficial way to react and how should I experience them when I am revisiting them in meditation?

Hehehe, it's interesting that you ask what emotions you should be experiencing because the only person that can answer that is you.

Nothing you feel is wrong. It sounds to me like, you're supposed to just focus more on how you feel, instead of trying to conjure a feeling you don't have.
So if you feel like it doesn't bother you, then that is the feeling you should focus on perhaps.

To me, it sounds like you've expressed how you feel about that situation pretty well. You trust your guides so your situation doesn't bother you as much as it would bother others.

Could it be that they mean something else when they tell you that you need to feel more emotion or they are referring to something else? Can you ask them for clarificiation?

I've had my spirit guides say similar things in regards to opening my heart, and I was like, sure that sounds cliched, but what does that even mean lol.
The explanation of it made more sense to me than the words did.

More emotion could mean a lot of things, more love, more empathy, more self awareness, it's hard to know without further clarification really

Greenslade
22-08-2017, 08:41 AM
@Greenslade: Thank you for your post! This is just something I have been wondering. I think sometimes when a person is forced down a certain path that you have to understand that it may suck but you are being cared for. Going down an "irrational" path made me who I am today. It helped teach me things that I would of never even paid any attention to if I wasnt in certain situations.You're welcome. Sometimes all we need is to know someone else is as bonkers as we are.

If that 'irrational Path' made you who you are today then was it so irrational? Often rational is according to perspective and sometimes to make sense of things we have to shift completely. If you want to understand Spirit you have to think like Spirit - rational is human. This is a Journey to Self, and here is yourself.

I tend to drop what doesn't serve me, and words like 'rational' and 'irrational' don't serve - they get in the way most times. When you see what is that's all the 'rational' you need.

I picked that path of pain becasue I knew that it would force me to learn fast or suffer the consequinces. Now that that part of my life has past I wouldnt change any of it. I was able to go deep within myself and findout who I am and what I really wanted to do with my life. Now that I am in a better place physically and spiritually I am able to use all the wisdom and determination I have gaind over the years to help me go for my own goals.If you hadn't been in a 'bad place' then, would you be where you are now? So many people curse the darkness, to use and old cliche but few light a candle. When the dark isn't so dark the Light isn't so Light, and from that perspective your Path becomes rational. If your Life had been full of 'good stuff' 'good' would have become mundane.

There you stand with your understanding an no regrets, there's no better place to be because that offers a tremendous amount of peace and freedom.

Another part of the reason I live this way is because I have gone into deep states of meditation and I am able to see how the mind and thoughts affect the world around us. Long story short everything you see around you is alive, moving, communicating and being shaped by what we think,do and feel. I saw all of this physically.Sometimes it's kind of like the Matrix on steroids, you can watch the Universe unfold and give it a shove as it does so.

Jyotir
22-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Hello SkyGodWarrior,

For spiritual purposes, which is an explicit set of practical values and intentions within human culture …

So-called ‘negative emotions’ are those which indicate regression, suppression, frustration and dissatisfaction with life-experience. They are not ‘bad’ in and of themselves, but must be paid attention to, as they are a valuable indicator that ignorance is not being transformed per context.

So-called ‘positive emotions’ are those which indicate progressive, inspiring and satisfying life-experience which in essence has infinite potential and is inherently a conscious delight (e.g., happiness). This is always available according to the relative necessity of any given person.

Even something extremely difficult can therefore be progressive and inspiring, while some so-called ‘easy’ or conventionally ‘pleasurable’ things may not be, and at the same time may provide a false sense of satisfaction which may result in complacency, confusion, and subsequent temptation to mentally rationalize in order to justify stasis - which many times leads to energetic crisis.

Both ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ will be experienced and need to be listened to as a navigational assist. We think of ‘conscience’ as just being aware of ‘moral’ issues, but conscience can be a broad spectrum of guiding feelings on any aspect of life. This is because your immortal all-conscious soul is fully aware, fully present, and fully supportive of your spiritual evolution. It’s just that our noisy self-conflicted mind often obscures these whispers.

It’s therefore the so-called 'rational' that is really the conditional aberration. Quite often what makes something appear to be rational is the obscure expectation within it - this is the conundrum mentioned in the OP - a subtle demand that likely employs some unconscious ignorant desire, which then becomes the premise that ‘cerebrally’ determines/justifies/reasons - after the fact - whether something is 'rational' or not accordingly e.g., whether it was fulfilled or opposed - retrospectively - not as an immediate and ongoing invocation of Spirit/Divine Will in the here and now.
Meditate regularly.
Be aware of these feelings.
Examine attitudes and behavior in light of these - and then...

Invoke the will to constructively change and consciously aspire to become a detached instrument of Spirit/the Divine.
This is what “show more emotion” means.

Once you start, keep at it patiently.
Things will get clearer.
Seek out what the significant people who have achieved mastery say (and take opinions of seekers on spiritual discussion sites with a grain of salt ;-)

~ J

SkyGodWarrior
23-08-2017, 02:08 AM
Thanks to all of y'all. :) This is something I have been thinking about and meditating on but wasn't able to find the right path to the answer. My answers can only be answered in a way they have been questioned.... know what I mean? Like the quality of the question is how I progress. I figure I was asking the same question a 1000s different ways and I needed some more minds on the subject.

@Keokutha: Thank you this is what I was looking for... I dont think I really asked it like this... it was always like..... am I suppose to feel this way? Is this what I am suppose to feel...... How should I react in a this situations.... lol what would Jesus or Buddha doo? lol "Thats not fair they were enlightened" or "They would of known not to be in that situation lol..... anyways some of the internal conflicted....

I sat down to meditate on the words you all have given me and when I asked those words

"Could it be that they mean something else when they tell you that you need to feel more emotion or they are referring to something else? Can you ask them for clarification?"

I got an anwser... They took me back to the place I use to stay where I didn't have AC and the house was flea infested!! I wondered what could of been so special about this time but then I realized I did something consciously that I never did before in my life. I was able to raise my vibration to a point to where I could see the universe at a different level... I could see myself as a light being and all my guardian there looking at me. They took me to a place that was like being dropped into a ocean of jello and they began to teach me things... lol "I guess they thought I was there to stay" It lasted hours and after they took me back I think they thought I handled it so well they too me again that same night.. lol I wasn't having it though...

I started to recal what I did.... I had a wall of pictures of my friends and old memories that I liked.... I stared at those pictures and visited all those places... after I did that I started to go down the list of my friends and pray for them and say really great things for them... I was really grateful for everything that had happened....

Thats when I realized that was the emotion they are referring too.. lol they want me to get there and stay... tsk tsk.. I guess im going to have to build up to it again..

@Greenslade
Thank you, I know how limited speech and writing is I can only fully convey what I really mean telepathically lol but this is good enough for now. Yeah I often thing about what would of happened to my life is I would of did this... lol I remember a psychic telling me something really dire about great negative entities being after me and having to go to a cemetery and light a 6ft candle lol short story but true story.... I wonder what would of happened if I would of did such a thing?? lol Yeah when you live a spiritual life and understand and can see the things in person it kinda flips rational to irrational because your just operating in one realm pretending the other realms dont exist and have no effect over each other.... :)

@Jyotir: Thank you!!! I appreciate you breaking it down like that and explaining all the words... its funny how the things we say and do can fall a little short just because of what we decided to do and say. Yeah I sometimes forget to remember that I am my own person walking on a path I am making and that others may not understand why I even started down this path...

I another chapter in my past life that kinda told me why things are going the way it is and why I rather go down the hall that looks like it has traps lol vs the well lit hall way.

Allr1
25-08-2017, 01:23 AM
Sometimes all we need is to know someone else is as bonkers as we are.
(Greenslade)

Every experience I’ve ever had, Has been an ingredient to the recipe that has baked me into the fruit cake that I am today. (Me)
join the club. :hug:

If you hadn't been in a 'bad place' then, would you be where you are now? So many people curse the darkness, to use and old cliche but few light a candle. When the dark isn't so dark the Light isn't so Light, and from that perspective your Path becomes rational. If your Life had been full of 'good stuff' 'good' would have become mundane.(greenslade)
If there were no negative thoughts, how would we know when we were having a positive one?

A pursuer of truth my often have to grope in the dark. (Gandhi)

Wandering_Star
25-08-2017, 04:23 AM
I am a spiritual being and I have encountered channelings where the medium states that I should have and show more emotion but I don't quite understand what that really means... lol

Do they ever bother to tell you why you should do that? What purpose do they claim emotions serve? Or do they just tell you that you need to feel and show more emotion, just because, and that's that?

Not gonna lie--I have yet to encounter a channeler, medium, or psychic who was the "real deal." Some honestly believe they have abilities, but I'm convinced that most are knowing frauds, to one degree or another. Some may actually want to help people, and think they are doing so; others are in it for easy money. But either way, taking what they say seriously, and giving their statements about you any kind of authority, is a mistake.

I see more people get all tied up in knots because some bogus "psychic" told them one thing or another, and my advice to all of them is the same: As long as you are of sound mind, you are the sole authority on you. If what someone else tells you about yourself only creates confusion, shame, and/or anxiety, they're giving you bad information, and can be safely ignored.

I'm in a similar position to you, where people (not even purported psychics!) have always told me that I should feel emotions more intensely than I do, and be more emotionally expressive. (I'm female, and I guess being stone-faced and Stoic is a particular problem.Oh, well.) And they've also been quick to tell me exactly which things I should feel strongly about.

And for a long time, I felt like maybe there really was something wrong with me, because even as a small child, very few people or situations seemed to arouse intense emotions within me, and my outward responses appeared too tepid for others' liking. I got criticized a lot for appearing indifferent and disengaged, or not showing enough excitement. The exception was during my teenage years and early 20s, when, convinced that I couldn't do anything right or satisfy anybody, I did feel and express a lot of emotion--namely rage, grief, resentment, envy, avarice, anxiety, and fear--and developed a wicked substance abuse problem as a means to cope.

But here's the thing: there have always been things that I have felt strong emotions toward--even if I'm not so outwardly expressive about it as other people expect. And those few things I do feel easy, natural, strong emotions about? Those are the important things in my life. I feel strongly about them because they are part of my purpose in being here. The positive emotions show me where to focus my energies; the negative ones tell me where I'm wounded and need to heal, or when I'm headed down the wrong path.

I don't need to make myself feel strong emotions about anything else, because they're not essential to my purpose as a soul, inhabiting this particular meatsuit, on this particular planet. Having come here to play this game of disconnection and limitation, I'm surrounded by distractions from who I am and why I'm here--and that includes other beings clamoring for me to feel a certain way about something-or-other, and telling me how I must express those feelings.

So I'm going to feel the emotions that come naturally, and express them in ways that feel natural. That's because emotions are information. They tell me how closely aligned my meatsuit experience is with my soul's purpose. They show me the path to follow--and tell me when I've strayed from it, or when there are obstacles that need to be cleared away in order to proceed further.

There are countless things in this world for which I feel no significant emotion at all, including things that others insist are very important. Or maybe the emotion I do feel is considered inappropriate by others, even as it feels easy and natural and right for me. And that's okay. Maybe it's not essential to why I'm here. Or maybe I will feel strongly about it, or have different feelings, at a later time. But I don't have to try forcing myself to feel any strong emotion when it doesn't come naturally, because to do so is a distraction from my own purpose.

Now, that said--trying on emotional states just to see what they're like, and how that experience might feel for other people, can be a useful exercise in empathy. Anybody who reads fiction and finds themselves identifying with and understanding characters who are not like themselves does this all the time. But it should be an experience you enter into willingly, in a spirit of exploration and play--not forced.

During meditation I often contemplate what it means to show and have more emotion. I think about certain situations and how they make me feel and then I experience the emotion of course but often it is of emotions that I feel attract negativity to me.

If you can't go about it happily, can you at least convince yourself to feel neutral about it, rather than with stress and dread?

Yeah, maybe a "normal" person would feel a lot of anxiety and other negative emotions around the situation. But there's no reason you have to make yourself feel those emotions, or feel them more intensely. What possible good could that do you?

Behind that anxiety is fear. But what if you decided to just go into your natural emotional state around the situation, without trying to magnify it, or feel what you imagine "normal" people would. Would you feel so anxious?

In that position, my own inclination is to feel, "Well, this sucks, but it'll work out somehow. I might get or find extra money. Maybe I'll find a transit pass someone lost, and get free rides. Maybe I can borrow a bit to get me over this hump. Somehow, this will work out, and everything will be okay."

Trying to avoid thinking or feeling a certain way is putting up a lot of resistance against it. And when you put up resistance to anything, you actually strengthen it--you're giving it something to push back against. The trick is to not resist negative emotions as they arise, but to acknowledge and release them so they are no longer active.

I see it a lot in Law of Attraction circles, where newbies think they need to suppress doubt, fear, and other negative emotions, and only allow themselves to be happy and positive. But those negative emotions don't go away--they're still there, and the happiness and positivity are like band-aids on a cancerous mole.

So it's much better to admit (for example) that you're afraid, you're afraid that you'll never get what you want, you're afraid you'll just be disappointed again, you're afraid of being proven stupid and incompetent. Whatever you're afraid of, just admit it. Write it down, say it out loud, whatever helps you lay it out there so you can actually look at it. It may seem stupid and embarrassing once you've actually put it into words--as well it should, because most of the time that fear is totally irrational. And the more stupid, embarrassing, and irrational a fear is, the easier it is to rid yourself of its influence--they crumble to dust when sunlight hits them.

And sometimes you're just going to feel negative emotions. It happens. Maybe your dog gets hit by a car, or your house burns down, or you're fired from your job. But the secret is not to wallow in those negative emotions, or see them as unchangeable facts about your existence. Feel them in the moment, but don't cling to them. Let them pass through you. And try to find ways to feel a bit better, that feel natural to you and help you make sense of things--don't force yourself to feel cheerful when you're not. And if you find yourself not feeling much of anything at all, don't go cranking the emotional volume back up just because you think that's necessesary or "normal."

Now for the irrational spiritual side of things.... I have a lot of guardians and I think because I spent 3 years with not knowing where the next drink of water or taste of food would come from I feel like they are pros at creating things to help me out. They often show me dreams telling me to relax and to believe in myself and to know that they are there...
So let them do their jobs, LOL! They seem pretty good at it, and you're fortunate to be aware of their assistance. Why complicate things by bringing self-proclaimed channelers/mediums into the mix and trying to force yourself to be other than who and what you are?

They're right: relax and believe in yourself. But forcing yourself to be more emotional isn't very relaxing, and taking someone else's misguided statement about you as somehow authoritative isn't exactly believing in yourself.

Haha! There you go!

I'll say it again: The emotions to experience are the ones that arise naturally and spontaneously. If you experience positive emotions, enjoy them and let them flow through you. If you feel negative emotions, ask them what they're trying to show you--what fear or old pain needs to be addressed so they can flow through you. And if you spend a lot of time in neutral, not feeling much of anything, and that feels easy and natural to you, then roll with it.

If you choose to try feeling a particular emotion, make it a positive one--and it doesn't need to be a big fireworks display of positivity; a candle-flame will do just as well (and, often, better).