PDA

View Full Version : Losing friends, gaining new ones?

august2803
07-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Hey, my best friend stopped contacting me a couple months ago, and said he wasnt going out on the town, and i met him there, shocking to me...
I used to be quite a popular guy, many friends, now also one/two of my friends who also do personal development but not meditation planned something without me though we talked of it together so now i feel like the only ones hanging with me are the ones having noone else, even they can only "take so much"?:p

So my question is, when i find my new friends, will the friendships be long and lasting like old ones or will it always be like you meet twice a year because you are going in specific directions?

Thanks, feel kinda lost.. depressed..

Kerubiel
08-08-2017, 03:37 AM
Well, I think anything can happen. Friendships take time and energy to commit and you must nurture them for them to remain strong. The best friends will be there for you thru thick and thin and yet, as they say, those friends are often hard to find.

I dont have many friends, but the ones I do have I like very much. Its not about how popular you are.Its about whats in your heart. If you can offer someone true love, unconditional love and support, then you will find people wanting to be your friend just so they can soak all that goodness up.

naturesflow
08-08-2017, 07:04 AM
Hey, my best friend stopped contacting me a couple months ago, and said he wasnt going out on the town, and i met him there, shocking to me...
I used to be quite a popular guy, many friends, now also one/two of my friends who also do personal development but not meditation planned something without me though we talked of it together so now i feel like the only ones hanging with me are the ones having noone else, even they can only "take so much"?:p

So my question is, when i find my new friends, will the friendships be long and lasting like old ones or will it always be like you meet twice a year because you are going in specific directions?

Thanks, feel kinda lost.. depressed..

People come into our lives for many reasons and so their is no guarantee as to who is going to stay and who is going to leave. If you were once popular I would have to ask you why were you popular then? what was the reason you were popular and what were those friendships based on? If your growing and changing, connections will change and those growing with you will often stay or come back later on depending on much, it depends on so many things, so you cant really know.The only guarantee is that you build connection in you and build it with others as a good friend who wants long term connection. Be ok if things change and continue with those you feel are willing to walk with you by taking care of those friendships as best you can.

Nature Grows
08-08-2017, 07:45 AM
august2803 don't worry, it's ok i don't hang out with any of my old friends anymore, i do see them around and say hello and talk to them every now an then but we don't hang out like we use to, i do have have new friends now though, stuff changes.

naturesflow i tried to send you a pm but your inbox says its full.

blackraven
08-08-2017, 04:24 PM
august2803 - I personally don't have any friends other than my very close spouse. I do have a close relationship with a sister of mine, however. At any rate, I don't feel I'm missing a whole lot other than another female to converse with time to time on matters that matter to me. I've had friends in the past from school and work, but we grew apart. I always wondered why people (friends) grow apart when each starts out caring so much for the other. H:O:R:A:C:E introduced me to a spiritual lecturer named Matt Kahn and I listened to one of his talks titled "Everything Is Here to Help You". During this particular talk he mentioned that no other human being on this earth can really know you and who you are and vice versa. Only you can know yourself. We can't hope that other people will fit our mold anymore than we can fit into other people's molds. I thought to myself after hearing such things that it's no wonder friends are hard to make and keep. I used to think, if they knew me as well as I thought they did, why did we go our separate ways. Again, it comes back to the lecture H:O:R:A:C:E directed me to that 'everything is here to help you' and that includes brief and long friendships, friendships that last lifetimes and friends that may feel like we never should have had in the first place. Embrace yourself wholeheartedly with the love and understanding you would have for a little child. Nourish the 'you' the real one that no one really knows. I think in time new friends will emerge in your life, but no matter how long it takes, be your own best friend. IDK, hope this helps.

august2803
08-08-2017, 05:05 PM
man that talk was nice, thanks very much guys!!:)

naturesflow
09-08-2017, 09:29 PM
august2803 don't worry, it's ok i don't hang out with any of my old friends anymore, i do see them around and say hello and talk to them every now an then but we don't hang out like we use to, i do have have new friends now though, stuff changes.

naturesflow i tried to send you a pm but your inbox says its full.

OH sorry about that NG will take a look and clear it now. :hug: