PDA

View Full Version : ouija board..

sruthy
22-02-2011, 11:23 AM
has anybody tried ouija board? i've heard it works like an open door to the spiritual realm..

earthprowler
22-02-2011, 12:59 PM
yup, grew up "playing" it starting with my mom and dad as far back as the 4th grade. i have tons of stories, but word to the wise......it's not a toy and you never know what you are opening up or letting come through when you play.

WikiPedia says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

Uhmar
22-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I have a board that is my personal board. It has been blessed and treated with holy water.It is my personal personalized with my markings and characters on it . As with all things spiritual and metaphysical INTENTION is related. If you believe you will be contacting dark spirits you very well may. If you believe you will contact dead people you may get what you wish or believe.
Here is some info you should read
------------------------------------
The Safe Way To Use A Ouija Board
By Sandy Cristel

(Personal note: I do not necessarily advocate using Ouija boards. I have used them in the past and have on occasion had terrifying results(a few stories are in my book…in one my Mother threw a board away and it returned to my closet). I have not personally used one in almost 20 years but if you choose to below is some excellent advice for doing so more safely—Best Wishes, Dr. Ryles)

You will need:
• 1 Ouija Board
• 1 Candle (preferably white)
• Incense ingredients for burning, incense sticks or aromatic oil for burners (optional)
• Always have 2 or more people present for best results (it is not recommended for beginners to use the board alone)
• Pen and paper
Conditions for a successful séance:
• Only have people present who are serious and respectful. If the board is used without care or in a joking manner, this can attract unwanted and potentially dangerous negative energies and spirits.
• Do NOT drink alcohol or use any mind altering drugs including marijuana!
• Clear your mind of all negative thoughts or distractions. Your mind must be clean and clear.
• Anybody having any psychosis or psychological disorders or persons who are nervous, anxious or have addictive tendencies must not use the board.
• Never ask questions relating to your own death or death of another person.
• Keep your posture straight and do not cross your legs under the table.
• Make sure you visually protect yourself and have faith that you are protected. Imagine a white light surrounding you and your friends. It is always a good idea to make an affirmation before you begin.

For example, “With the power of the elements, spirit guides, angels and higher self, I and the users of this board are protected from all negative spirits, entities, energies and influences.” This is what I personally use, but you should say something that resonates personally to yourself.

At first, keep to easy questions that require just a YES or NO answer. It is helpful if one person has a pen and paper and writes down what is being “said”. The best time for a séance is in the evening between 9.00pm and midnight. Ideally it should be dark and quiet outside. If there are more than 2 people then place the board in the middle of the table so that everyone can reach it. If only 2 people are using the board, it is better to place the board on both your knees and sit opposite each other - this allows the energy to flow better.

One person should be the main person to ask any spirits to come forward and talk. This same person should be the one to close the board down at the end too (see “closing down the board”). Everyone should lightly place their fingertips on the planchette. The main person should start by asking for protection against any negative influences (by visualizing a light around you and the participants and asking your spirit guides and higher self or angels to protect you and that you are only willing to communicate with spirits for your/our highest good).

Then ask if there are any spirits that would like to come forward and speak. Something along the lines of “Are there any spirits in the room that would like to speak to us. Please communicate with us by using the board only. When you are ready please move the planchette to YES or move it in circles”. It is safer if you ensure that the spirits only communicate through the board - make it certain that you are in control of the board and either ignore any other spiritual activity in the room (knocks, bangs, tapping, lights etc) or ask the spirit to either use the board or leave.

When you receive contact through the board ensure that you thank the spirit that has come forward (it is very important that you remain at all times with utmost respect and gratitude). When receiving an answer to your question, each letter must be clearly visible in the hole of the planchette - if it is between letters, ask the spirit to reconfirm the letter and it should move to the correct one. ALL fingers (2-4 fingers per person) must remain on the planchette at all times.

It can take up to 15-20 minutes before any spirit will come forward to talk. Remain calm, keep your fingers on the planchette and clear your minds apart from focusing on the planchette. If nothing happens then slowly move the planchette yourselves in large circles around the board a few times, then pause and wait - usually the spirit will take over from here. If you still have no luck after about 45 minutes then close down the board and try it another evening.

Suggestions to ask:

• Asking the name of the spirit is always a good question to start with.
• Occasionally spirits cannot or do not wish to answer certain questions so respect their silence and do not ask the same question over and over again. Ask once, once again to confirm and that is all.
• Ask if the spirit is a good spirit. If the planchette goes to NO, it is advisable to close down the board and wait at least half an hour before attempting to make contact again.

• You can ask any general questions about your own life, for example:
How can I live better? What am I doing wrong? Am I in the right job? What can I do to improve my life/situation etc?

• Note: Take the answers like you would anything else that somebody tells you (alive or dead). Do not revolve your life around answers you may receive as they may be inaccurate.

Closing down the board:

This is extremely important! The board MUST be closed down properly at the end of each and every séance. Start by thanking the spirits for coming forward and talking with you. Wish them peace and say Goodbye. The spirit should move the planchette to GOODBYE and you may pack up the board.
If the spirit does not move the planchette to GOODBYE, then tell the spirit that you are saying goodbye and that you ask they do the same. If the spirit STILL refuses to leave, then you must move the planchette to GOODBYE and in a stern strong voice say GOODBYE and LEAVE out loud. Remove your fingers from the planchette. If you feel that is not enough you can also slam the planchette down on a hard surface (obviously take care not to break it!) or pass it through a candle flame if it is not made of flammable material.

Safety Note:

Do not use the board for longer than an hour and a half. This is exhausting for both yourself and the spirits, and can be harmful.
It is always advisable to “ground” yourself afterwards by eating and drinking something.

The more you use the board the more spirit activity it will create (similar to a magnet). The board can become addictive to some people and this is harmful, not only to your well being but this can also attract unwanted negative energies and bad spirits. It is advisable to not use the board more than twice a week.

Be safe, be successful - but most of all enjoy!

If anybody would like to know even more about using an Ouija board, please feel free to contact me, Sandy Cristel, directly via my website

http://www.sandycristel.com

Lazarus72
22-02-2011, 02:50 PM
A group of us did one when we were teenagers and it said I was going to die in a car crash on a certain date.

Everyone was talking about it and my sister told my mum, and when the date eventually came round a few months later it was decided that I shouldn't go to school that day..... which was great.

The kids were joking about the possibility of a truck crashing through my house and taking me out in my bedroom!!!

Thing is it never actually said the year it was to happen.....

I can't even remember the date all these years later, indeed I'd forgotten about it till I read this.

Probably a good job I'm not superstitious really. My gut tells me it'll be a heart attack that gets me anyway.

Spiritlite
22-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Personally I would never use a ouji board it's like you can open up to ANY energies and they will then not go away.
Spiritlite.

Mind's Eye
22-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Ouija Boards were first known as talking boards.. They were a device that was made so that one could communicate with their own deeper mind. They were much the same thing as an oracle deck or using a pendulum for answers from the subconscious.

Where we ever got the notion that they were doorways for the dead is beyond me. I have personally expermented with a Ouija Board in graveyards and in very haunted places in my home town... and nothing ever happened.

The only spirits we contact through the Ouija Board are those that manifest out of our own minds.

Spiritlite
22-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Sphinx I think that if you use them with the right set of mind and know how to protect yourself you're fine. But I remember I used one with my mother and we both backed off because we both heard a growl, so we burnt it. Funny thing is same thing happened to my husband when he was a kid with his mother.
Spiritlite.

sruthy
22-02-2011, 07:58 PM
voooo.... some of the stories are really scary... i would personally NEVER try an ouija board... coz i wouldnt want any entities ruling over my life..!

Spiritlite
22-02-2011, 08:10 PM
sruthy I'm with you my friend I would never ever suggest using those things. I had many friends in high school who had BAD experiences and also ended up burning those things.
Spiritlite.

astralsuzy
22-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Even if nothing bad happens, I would never use one. It is scary and creepy.

Spiritlite
22-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Yep astral I agree :)
Spiritlite.

sruthy
23-02-2011, 07:26 AM
yeh for sure.. i've heard that these boards were haunted and always came back to the place where it was kept no matter how many times peole threw it away.. creepy... yet funny...

Graelwyn
23-02-2011, 07:38 AM
I would personally stay well away unless you really know what you are doing.
My ex used one with a group of friends at boarding school as a teen, and something did happen, and it was still with him when I met him, and let's just say, much as my rational and frightened mind tried to deny the reality, it couldn't. You never know what might come of such a thing and like any tool, if used wrongly, you might come a cropper and bring about something you will struggle to get rid of.

Sangress
23-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Don't meddle with a board unless you've been taught how to use one by someone who knows the complete history of the talking board and correct rituals and spells placed upon the board before its use.

And after that be sure to make your own board from scratch and make codewords and energetic tripwires in case of an emergency.

Be sure to learn spiritual etiquette too. It is easy for people to offend spirits when they cant give a proper greeting and introduction, or even recognize who they are speaking with and interacting with.

Lastly, do not make promises, pacts, trade offs, deals or contracts that you cannot go through with because there are consequences that cannot be escaped unless some kind of need is met.

This is only my opinion.

I've used the Ouija for 10 or 12 years now and it has served me and the spirits well.

sruthy
23-02-2011, 08:47 AM
yeah...sure... thanks alot... :) i dont really wanna try one... was just asking what i've heard...

sound
23-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I've used the Ouija for 10 or 12 years now and it has served me and the spirits well.

Sangress your profile says you are 17 yrs old ... have you been using the Ouija since 5-7 yrs of age?

TrainsAndSewingMachines
23-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Although when I was young I was always curious about spirits and things I experienced but could not explain, something in me always told me to steer clear of those boards.
I just don't think they're for me.

Mind's Eye
23-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Sangress your profile says you are 17 yrs old ... have you been using the Ouija since 5-7 yrs of age?

I came out of the womb with a Ouija board. My mother must have had some odd cravings during pregnancy.

Sangress
24-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Yes. I have been using the Ouija since I was about 5-7 years of age.

Accompanied by an adult of course.

I came out of the womb with a Ouija board. My mother must have had some odd cravings during pregnancy.

Hah.

MYFIGO
25-02-2011, 04:45 AM
I was a young teen when my Grandmother introduced me to the Quija board. She was the only person I knew with psychic abilities. (I never dreamed I had them LOL)

We asked all kinds of questions. I can still remember her amusement and fascination with it. Many of our questions and answers were later proved valid. Our experiences were all positive.

When I was in my 20's though, one night my girlfriends and I sat around the dining room table and asked the Quija board for a sign that there was a spirit present. Immediately, the light fixture (a stained glass pendant style) began spinning rapidly in circles. ( We only had candles lit at the time) An eerie neon blue light circled the room at nearly ceiling height for several minutes.

We all gasped, a couple of the girl screamed. We all drew our hands back from the pointer with eyes open wide. My friends gathered up their purses and left right then. I've never used a Quija board since ... nearly 35 years.

I think that while it wasn't necessarily a bad experience, it was one I wasn't ready to embrace. I would think now that the blue light I saw was a positive energy and a powerful one as well.

I think it good advice to use the board wisely and with protection.

astralsuzy
25-02-2011, 09:44 AM
It could have been bad. Who knows. To protect yourself may not make any difference. Just my opinion. It is better to stay away from it. People know that something bad can come from it, so why play with it.

Spitfire10
26-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Ive tried home made Ouija Boards before but only a few times. My mate before Christmas did a ouija board with his family in a haunted pub and this is where he was introduced to his spirit guide, Her name is Gwen who died something in the 1600's due to the black death, She said she was very yound when she died, i think she said she was something like 12 or 13 and Gwen has been with my friend ever since and also warned him of a house fire in his dreams which would happen a week later. The second time i did a ouija board i was targeted by some evil spirit by the sounds of it when it told me i would die before my friends birthday at the age of 19, Im now 20. The third time i did it was at my house and one of my relatives came through, what he said was true and he died in the 60's and at that time, both of my friends saw a big white flash at the same time and unfortunately i never saw it. The only trouble i find with Ouija Boards with friends or anybody is that someone could be pushing whatever you are using as a pointer which should never be done but you never know who could be doing it. I shall do it again one day but i think its hugely risky as i dont want an evil spirit in my life!

dogninja
26-02-2011, 03:38 AM
asking spirits to move things, or talk... or giving them recognition in any way is the same as a "ouija board". Pendulums, Taking EVP are ouija boards in a sense as well. IMO

your intention and perception are the open door, the board is just a board. I have sprirts around me all the time due to my "talks" with spirits. Have fun inviting attachments, and lots of negative low level garbage into your life by foolishly using these "doors in the unknown".

Jonspen
26-02-2011, 04:07 AM
I was used the Ouija board with my mother. The curser used to go off the board and circle it. I did not really take the board seriously. As I was using it one day I could feel something on the curser. It felt as if the curser wanted to levitate. I could feel pressure trying to raise it from the board.

I realized at that point that Ouija is no joke. I remember waking up one morning and seeing that very curser under the couch. It was upright and it was in my immediate sight. I know I put that curser way in the box the night before. I know my mother did not place the curser there. I am convinced that something moved it there – and wanted me to see it in a peculiar place.

I used to be able to hear somebody walking up and down the hallway. I gave away the board to another person. He through the board in the garbage the next day because he was so frightened of what he felt in his apartment.

I do not even remember my questions of any messages. I am not sure what the board is capable of but I would be careful if I were you.

sruthy
26-02-2011, 07:09 AM
i've heard that most of the information that we receive from these boards are wrong or intimidating. i've also heard a few stories in which people had severe accidents that were fatal. i dont think i have the guts to use it..

rip_ding_dong_football
06-03-2011, 10:14 PM
when i was 13 a friend had a b-day party in the hotel her father co-owned. There was probably a good.....ohhh, i'd say like, 12 kids at the party. When we got back from the swimming pool somebody pulled out a milton bradley....(errr, maybe parker brothers?) Quija board she'd gotten as a gift. I had a little giggle at this....mass manufactured "talk" board for spirits thrown together in some factory by the same company that makes like connect four or battleship or something like that. kinda cheapens the atmosphere.

Half the kids were too afraid of using it so those who wanted to gathered around the board on the floor. We closed all the curtains, made sure it was as dark as possible but left just enough curtain open so we could see what we were doing.

We played it for what seemed like a fricken eternity and nothing happened, kids were starting to get up and leave the room to watch tv. So i took it upon myself to move the damn thing just to freak people out. made up a name an age a hometown....etc. and then i noticed my friend had gotten in on pushing the cursor around too, she hadn't noticed i'd been doing it.....

so we had a bathroom break and made up this plan to not tell the other girl that was moving it that we were gonna jerk our hands away as it was moving to catch her. ( the other kids didn't know i was the one who started doing it in the first place lol) when we started up again i gave the signal which was like a sneeze or something and everybody yanked their hands up while she was still pushing it. hahahahahaaa. she was ****ed.

Celeste
09-03-2011, 05:51 AM
I would never use one. I think I used one as a child once at my cousin's, and it answered a couple yes-no questions, gave a few names. Then I heard it was dangerous to use one, so I never touched it again. This is scaring me, as I am reading about it, and I am soon off to bed! I have tried a pendulum, and it didn't work for me. Often I would get negative answers when I used the Tarot. So I stay away from that which I don't feel comfortable. Very interesting, but again, not my thing.

:angel10:

LightFilledHeart
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
It's important to remember with Tarot (and ony other system of divination!) that when attempting to read for yourself you are most likely going to see either your greatest desire OR your greatest fear! Why? Because none of us is objective enough to see and interpret our own energy patterns accurately! Another word to the wise... what you are shown in any form of energy reading are the patterns that are in place right here and now. IF those patterns remain in place, then thus and so is LIKELY to occur! If any single one of them is altered, however, the whole picture (and any future prediction) is likewise altered, and we all do have free will choice to change our minds and set foot on a totally different path! When I read for people, I make sure I make that distinction in a clear and understandable fashion. I don't want anyone thinking they are a "victim" or that what I'm being shown is necessarily set in stone. Always the truth is known to us, and when we hear it, we recognize it with a resonance inside. It is then up to us whether or not we wish to accept (or CHANGE!) that truth :wink:

Richinside
11-03-2011, 03:40 PM
I have used them in the past and have had the most "success" with my sister-in-law as we are both open to the spirit world. We never encountered any bad spirits and were careful with the questions we asked. At times the planchard would travel in circles very quickly, then stop and continue again like it was confused. No one else would join us, and my wife threw the board out shortly after. Haven't used it since at her request.

Celeste
11-03-2011, 10:58 PM
LightFilledheart, thanks for your wise words. I have done readings for myself, and I have had the Tarot done for me. And what I don't like is that the reading could change in a minute (as you said). So I don't go much by it. And if we truly know ourselves (which some of us are ultimately trying to do: "Know Thyself") we don't need the Tarot. Once I was upset and I asked the Angel Cards which are always positive, I felt so comforted.

:dog:

Sarian
18-03-2011, 02:11 AM
My mom loved her Ouija board. She was really into things like that. One of her sisters was into seances. I was very young, but my mom always thought the Ouija board worked best if I placed my fingers on it or near it. I really didn't understand back then and didn't pay much attention to her questions or what was going on. But as I grew older, I would 'mess around with it'. My best friend and neighbor started to use it when we were teens. I was 16 and we were asking the typical questions like who we would marry (yawn). I remember feeling like whatever was talking to me had a 'crush' on me and I think I felt 'cool' about it. So this time we were using the ouija board and hand a candle burning. My friend is asking questions and getting answers. I am asking questions and getting odd answers that weren't yes/no type things, but replies that made me go with what was told to me and got me curious. It said that my name was 'yo-yo' and it (whatever was speaking with me) was going to 'reclaim' me in this life. I was upset by that. I tried to steer it back to what I wanted to know, will this boy ask me out,...but the ouija board kept spelling out "I love you" to me. At first I said I love you too, but whenever I would ask a different question, it would tell me it loved me. Then went back to the comments about reclaiming and calling me yo-yo. I got upset, and let it be known my disgust when it repeatedly and quickly spelled out "FUCU, fucu fucu" which I figured was it's way of saying F-you to me. My friend and I both alarmed now asked if there was really a spirit talking to us, to show us a sign with the candle. Mind you i was using a little votive candle, but the flame turned into a blow torch almost to the ceiling with the sound of a blow torch. My friend and I jumped up screaming, knocked the board over...ran out. I came back, and put it in my closet, and then for nights had horrible nightmares. I went to take it out of the closet, I wanted to throw it away, but it was not there. I never found it either. I asked my mom if she took it, she didn't. I never used a ouija board after that, but you know sometimes I feel curious again, but it was too freaky for me.:icon_eek:

Summerland
18-03-2011, 02:38 AM
yup, grew up "playing" it starting with my mom and dad as far back as the 4th grade. i have tons of stories, but word to the wise......it's not a toy and you never know what you are opening up or letting come through when you play.

WikiPedia says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwik i%2FOuija)

I completely agree with earthprowler; Ouija boards are not toys and can be very dangerous. Many disagree as this has been covered many times. Unless one is extremely skilled and uses several different types of protection, never would I recommend a Ouija boards.

Sangress
18-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Ouija boards are not toys and can be very dangerous. Many disagree as this has been covered many times. Unless one is extremely skilled and uses several different types of protection, never would I recommend a Ouija boards.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I got very angry when people introduced the Ouija as a toy for children, makes my blood boil to think of how idiotic and disrespectful the people mass producing the things were. *shakes head*

I mean, at least as a child I knew all the risks and protective methods to use....these kids just opened the box and used it like a board game! Hey, why not give them a "toy" loaded gun to play with next?! *sneers.*

Last I heard from that was that they stopped making them, but that was most likely wishful thinking on protesters parts. I've recently seen them in shops and they disgust me. Ugh.

Summerland
18-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I got very angry when people introduced the Ouija as a toy for children, make my blood boil to think of how idiotic and disrespectful the people mass producing the things were. *shakes head*

I mean, at least as a child I knew all the risks and protective methods to use....these kids just opened the box and used it like a board game!

Last I heard from that was that they stopped making them, but that was most likely wishful thinking on protesters parts. I've recently seen them in shops and they disgust me. Ugh.

Last time that I heard "Toys R Us" was still selling them.

Sangress
18-03-2011, 03:23 AM
Last time that I heard "Toys R Us" was still selling them.
Yep, that's the one. They had "barbie" styled ones....yuck

(I have a vendetta against barbies for some reason, always have...so that just makes it worse. grr)

But thankfully the "Toys R Us" in our town was shut down about two months ago. Whoo.

lynnwhiteowl
19-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Using this board is dangerous... you may open up a door that you may not like be extremely careful..my best advice to you is don't use it..if you want answers to your questions meditate,[and protect yourself with white light in everything you do] the answers don't always come to you in an instant so be patient. remember good things come to those who wait. lynnwhiteowl.

LightFilledHeart
19-03-2011, 02:15 PM
A ouija board (actually ANY divination system!) may open some up to unwanted intrusion by trickster spirits up to no good. Others may have no problem with that. I think a lot of it has to do with your belief system and what you think is possible. I know some who have had frightening experiences with ouija boards, but generally speaking they were people with a strong component of fear or negativity in their own energy body. I've also known people who have used this divination (and other similar ones) for years and years with only high spiritual messages coming through and no ill or negative effects. It would seem it is an entirely individual thing, and that no one has a definitive answer on the value of such tools. I think the important thing to remember is that they are exactly that... tools! Weigh and measure within what you receive from and through them and let that be your guide in determining the value of the information. It goes without saying that if you feel any sense of foreboding,
fear, darkness or negativity, you should heed that warning and walk away. Having said that, I do, as I said, know of individuals who have used this method of spiritual communication for years with only positive and uplifting information coming through and nothing even vaguely negative in their experience. To each his or her own!

Dezzymandius
20-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I always get this great sense of fear whenev er someone discusses a ouiji board, apparantly my family used them alot before i was born.

Calypso_Storm
21-03-2011, 03:16 PM
A ouija board (actually ANY divination system!) may open some up to unwanted intrusion by trickster spirits up to no good. Others may have no problem with that. I think a lot of it has to do with your belief system and what you think is possible. I know some who have had frightening experiences with ouija boards, but generally speaking they were people with a strong component of fear or negativity in their own energy body. I've also known people who have used this divination (and other similar ones) for years and years with only high spiritual messages coming through and no ill or negative effects. It would seem it is an entirely individual thing, and that no one has a definitive answer on the value of such tools. I think the important thing to remember is that they are exactly that... tools! Weigh and measure within what you receive from and through them and let that be your guide in determining the value of the information. It goes without saying that if you feel any sense of foreboding,
fear, darkness or negativity, you should heed that warning and walk away. Having said that, I do, as I said, know of individuals who have used this method of spiritual communication for years with only positive and uplifting information coming through and nothing even vaguely negative in their experience. To each his or her own!
EXACTLY!!! Thank you for saying this! It irks me to no end when people go around saying things like the Ouija board is sooooo dangerous and that it only attracts negative beings when the only thing remotely negative about it is the person using it.

If someone has convinced themselves that the Ouija board will bring nothing but bad things into their life then that's exactly what's going to happen because they are using it out of fear. Any tool can be both good AND bad. A person can have a great experience with the Ouija board yet have a nasty one with Tarot Cards.

All of these tools, the Ouija included, are neutral. What makes them positive or negative is the user. It also greatly helps if the user is actually knowledgeable with such things and not simply using them as a mere game.

astralsuzy
21-03-2011, 08:32 PM
When I was growing up I played it. Nothing bad happened and I did not expect anything bad to happen. I found it to be creepy so I stopped playing with it. My friends would not touch it even though nothing bad happened to them. I can think of better things to do than play with that.

lynnwhiteowl
22-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Sorry If you think my response was so negative but there are on this earth plain very sensitive and open people who are targetts for people with dominating personalities and this so happens in the spirit world...When you open up this door then you should do so with caution.....But I suppose to Err is human. Blessings to one and all.

LightFilledHeart
22-03-2011, 02:20 PM
When I was growing up I played it. Nothing bad happened and I did not expect anything bad to happen. I found it to be creepy so I stopped playing with it. My friends would not touch it even though nothing bad happened to them. I can think of better things to do than play with that.

Divination systems are tools, not games :wink:

LightFilledHeart
22-03-2011, 02:25 PM
All of these tools, the Ouija included, are neutral. What makes them positive or negative is the user. It also greatly helps if the user is actually knowledgeable with such things and not simply using them as a mere game.

Agreed :smile:

7luminaries
01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
As was mentioned, this system requires a lot of knowledge or you open yourself up to whatever sludge or lonely spirit is roaming around. Or, if you are shielded properly, you may even get a spirit who is somehow connected to you and trying to communicate, but this may or may not be something you can understand or put into context. It always seemed to me that this system used by the untrained tended to draw spirits from lower planes...not bad necessarily, just lost or confused. So they are drawn to the light of the living. There is no new info in that, in and of itself.

You're not likely to get divination with casual use...that's very high level (way beyond me) and whomever can channel that would not use a ouija board. If you really need a question answered, I would just try prayer.

Cheers!
7L

midnightstar
02-04-2011, 10:32 AM
I'd never use one either - what happens if you get an evil entity coming through the board and you can't get rid of it???? Scary .................

LightFilledHeart
02-04-2011, 02:27 PM
I'd never use one either - what happens if you get an evil entity coming through the board and you can't get rid of it???? Scary .................

Fear is a powerful magnetizer. If you're concerned about connecting with an "evil entity", it would be inadvisable for you to work with a ouija board, or any other divination system for that matter.

glenos
02-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Boards:- using one is asking for trouble generally. Communication isn't a game, sport or party trick.

G

neospiritualist
03-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Do not use the Ouija!

MoonDancer
24-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Ah.... I had a nice post about this back before things got deleted.
Long story short, it's real, but not a game and should be taken seriously. You don't know what you are talking to and if its negative or have ill intent on you. My experiences were lucky, but I know what can happen if you are a vulnerable person. It's honestly best not to open up any type of realm in your house. It can also attach itself to the board.

cosmic jim
04-05-2011, 05:03 AM
From my experience with the ouija boards i do belive they are very real with out dout. I feel the dialoge was far removed from me and not from my own head. I have known people who have had very strange things happen, like crusafixes falling off there walls and all sorts. I would just say play with care

astralsuzy
04-05-2011, 07:30 AM
You can advise people not to play the board. People will decide to play with it regardless of what you say. They will play at their risk.

Calypso_Storm
04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
You can advise people not to play the board. People will decide to play with it regardless of what you say. They will play at their risk.

This also applies to any divination tool, not just the Ouija.

LightFilledHeart
05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
There is no one correct answer regarding whether or not someone should utilize a ouija board as a divination tool or not. Obviously if you have a fear that you can be over-taken by a malevolent spirit in that manner, then such is not for you! Remember that fear is a strong magnet and will frequently manifest the very thing you fear. On the other hand, if your position on divination tools is neutral, you will likely not experience anything negative.
The Ouija board is no different than any other divination tool in that respect.

I have friends who have used the board for years, and who get excellent guidance/answers to the questions they pose. They always set up protections, surrounding the procedings with light and placing their Higher Self in the role of "bouncer", with everything any spirit wants to commune to them having to come through that source in order to reach them. It works beautifully, and as I said, they get excellent guidance in that manner.

MoonDancer
05-05-2011, 10:59 PM
One should at least remember to protect themself or ask for protection.

unruhig
16-05-2011, 02:07 AM
This was an interesting thread. I tried the board once a long time ago with a friend but nothing

happened, then I tried it by myself and expecting nothing was totally

surprised when the pointer started to move, I jumped up and threw the

pointer and board on the floor from there I put it in the garbage and never

touched another board.
Peace to all

MoonDancer
16-05-2011, 02:33 AM
surprised when the pointer started to move, I jumped up and threw the

pointer and board on the floor from there I put it in the garbage and never

touched another board.
Peace to all
:laughing3:
I pictured it :D

Trace
16-05-2011, 07:31 AM
I've used them quite a few times during investigations and really dont think the concept is any different than any other board such as talking or angel boards, even seances. Its what your intentions are, how you use it and your own protection that are the key things to using one.

They most definitely do work and it seems that a spirit will use one particular person as the medium and use the energy of the combined people with their hands on the planchette. You usually cannot mistake it if the spirit is not the type of spirit you wish to talk to. Often too you will find whenyou have the right combination of people on the board. Often too you may get other things happening at the same time like the board popping or creaking.
Many spirits will also just use the first letter of each word to conserve energy and when this used to happen, I just seemed to know what the word was even with on letter.

I think when we used to use it to communicate, the spirit would use me as the medium. You dont get anything at first and then I would get this tingling sensation aroiund the crown of my head which then would travel down my arm and to my finger on the planchette. Sometimes I would feel like a hand that was on top of mine, a pressure and then a twitching would happen through the planchette that everyoine could feel. I could always tell though when the planchette was about to move by this entire process. Often too I would get the words in my head as the first letter would come up.

White Rabbit Australia
16-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Personally I would never use a ouji board it's like you can open up to ANY energies and they will then not go away.
Spiritlite.

I agree with that. Skeptical though I might be or want to be of certain practices such as Ouija - there is another world or things that share this one and my little human mind didn't like it when I chanced to experience them visit.

Keep some white sage handy - burn it after using the board. No telling what this practice does or can pull through or let in - but white sage being burned seemed to send it away.

WR

Scibat
16-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I mentioned this on another thread, I am an amateur ghost hunter who has failed to find any ghosts. So I am seriously considering one of these as a means of bringing some kind of spirit to me for study. :color:

rainbowcrow
17-05-2011, 12:56 AM
I have recently used Konxari cards for spirit communication with some success so I am thinking of trying a Ouija board to see what sort of results I get. I see these things simply as tools to help me develop/validate my clairsentience.
I understand negative energy as just that, a negative vibration that has the potential to become positive if surrounded by enough 'good vibrations' ie. positive thoughts, love etc.. I do not fear it, therefore it does not effect me since fear is a negative thought.
Think of how you feel when you are around a negative person - usually, especially if you are unaware of the strength of their negative feelings, you start to feel negative also - so negative energy attracts or manifests more negative energy therefore creates negative experiences such as fear, depression etc.. and so positive energy attracts positive energy such as love, happiness etc..
Just my thoughts :)

rc

White Rabbit Australia
17-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey if you feel that way, go for it. When something sat on my bed that I couldn't see my mind changed about a few things is all. Like whether I knew reality at all.

WR

rainbowcrow
17-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Ha ha WR, I just posted on another thread about an energy sitting on my bed - what a coincidence :)

rc

White Rabbit Australia
17-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Is it a coincidence... or are we TWINS!!! *ominous music*

Trace
17-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Just be careful Scibat. When you use a ouija you are focusing on spirit and if one particular one decides to communicate & is not the type of spirit you want to communicate with,you can get yourself into all sorts of strife. They can attach, living with you in your home. Its not straight forward. You certainly do not want a low level spirit attached to you. Ive seen it. Yoiu get one of these type attaching to you and you will have havoc in your household, not to mention the effect that an attached spirit can have on you.

Calypso_Storm
17-05-2011, 02:51 PM
When something sat on my bed that I couldn't see my mind changed about a few things is all. Like whether I knew reality at all.

WR

I've had that happen to me many times before but it was long before I even tried the board. LOL

unruhig
17-05-2011, 03:56 PM
:laughing3:
I pictured it :D

Devilish Angel

it was not funny at the time lol

Peace to you

MoonDancer
17-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Devilish Angel

it was not funny at the time lol

Peace to you
I know, but it just seems comical you know, this was something you were trying to do then when it happened you freak out

lynnwhiteowl
19-07-2011, 03:50 AM
I mentioned this on another thread, I am an amateur ghost hunter who has failed to find any ghosts. So I am seriously considering one of these as a means of bringing some kind of spirit to me for study. :color:
Please use extreme caution..when doing this....blessings Lynn

AngelicOrin
19-07-2011, 04:04 AM
I agree with Lynn, all it does is attract negativity - if you can use protective spells, and prayers when you use one. This is what I did when friends (housemates at the time) wanted to use one, I made sure I had a statue of Shiva facing us, I burnt Dragonsblood incense, and sent prayers up to AA Michael...then we became lazy we stopped doing it, and there was so much negativity, we ended up fighting, they ended up moving out, then I moved out of the place due to the negativity around the place.

mattie
19-07-2011, 04:34 AM
You don’t need the ouija board to connect w/ the spiritual realm. You can do this nicely through your HS.

Higher Self- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=254418#post254418

If you want to use a ouija board or other procedures or props to focus that is OK, but before using it use the vetting command to state that you only desire contact from those who are OF the light, IN the light, & working for Best Highest Purpose.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=156097&posted=1#post156097

Some think the ouija board has powers in & of itself, but it doesn't. It's just a piece of pressed board w/ printing on it.

Calypso_Storm
21-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I agree with Lynn, all it does is attract negativity

This is so not true because if you read through this thread you will see that there have been people who have had positive experiences with the Ouija.

What you have to take into consideration is that when it comes to divination(or anything for that matter), you often hear more about the negative then the positive. Just because you hear more about the negative, it does not mean that there are no positive stories out there because there are. You just have to look for them.

Indigo Student
22-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Don't use one! When I was young, I made one because my parents would not let me buy one. It worked every time I tried it. I eventually tried by myself to see if anyone like my friends or brother were playing tricks on me, and it worked! I befriended a male spirit named "seft", which is an anagram of my name "stef" I thought it could possibly be of my own mind, as someone suggested above, so I mad contact every day. The friendly spirit had elaborate stories that I in no way made up or came up with on my own. One day it said "Do you want to play a game?" and I said "What kind of game" Seft answered, "Hide the soul". I said no and it spun uncontrollably for a long time, and would not let me say goodbye. I took my hands off and the room seriously looked like it underwater for a minute as if everything had morphed. Scariest thing ever!

astralsuzy
27-08-2011, 05:16 AM
That would have been scary Indigo. How awful. That would have given me the creeps. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers.

Sarian
28-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I think I already posted my experiences with one when I was younger and the last time being when I was 15 or 16...my question is, since I had a very frightening experience...whatever I was in contact with claimed it 'loved' me and I 'belonged to it' and it was 'going to reclaim me in this life". I felt very cursed, I had nightmares and still do but not to the degree I had for years. Sometimes I feel tormented. I have no idea if any of these things are related to my bad experience with it, but if so, how do I undo what was done, how do I get rid of anything that may be attached, if in fact, anything.

hawkmoth65
28-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Is this the spirit that called you 'yo-yo' Sarian?I'm no expert on ouija boards,but perhaps an exorcism by a priest?I'm sure there are many wise and experienced people here with good suggestions,I'm a total newbie.I can remember about 20 years ago,a mate and myself agreed to make our own ouija board but we never got round to it,reading through these threads now I'm glad I didn't cos we had no protection or anything planned,we were just going to make it and ask questions.Good luck with that Sarian,I'm sure if some kind of cleansing process was carried out it would put your mind at rest regardless of whether there is any entity there or not.

Take care, Andy

PS...doesn't the name ouija simply mean yes yes in French and German?

astralsuzy
29-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi Sarian
If nothing bad has happened since then I would try and forget about it. If something bad was going to happen it would have happened by now. Move on and let yourself free of this. Nothing will harm you. That was in the past.
You said sometimes you feel tormented. That is your mind as you were so afraid.

OnAPath
29-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I used one about 15 years ago. My friend and I tried contacting a couple of schoolmates that had died in a car crash that year. There was controversy over who was driving the car. I think we are the only living people that have the true answer!

Docha
29-08-2011, 04:26 PM
has anybody tried ouija board? i've heard it works like an open door to the spiritual realm..

It opened my door to thought manifestation.

I thunk it - the board spelled it. My hands didn't need to be on the board with my friends I just needed to be in the room.

My conjured spirit was evil - for the fun of it, but would protect me no matter what - so all I had to do was command him to protect others and he would...per say - this was rather fun.

The problem was - no one would believe I was projecting it....so I had to be careful with it.

I am not likely to believe the boards can raise the spirits - though a true medium probably could channel through the Ouija.

I suppose you get out of it what you wish to see. My friends would all swear to this day, that spirits talked to them through it. "shrug"

Trieah
30-08-2011, 12:17 AM
I used to avoid them because of all the stories I'd heard growing up. And then in my teen years, me and a couple friends pitched in to buy one. But nothing really interesting ever seemed to happen when we used it. The one friend and I were both convinced that the other friend was manipulating it because every message always had to be about her.

Then last year, I decided to get The Enchanted Spellboard by Amy Zerner ad Monte Farber. It's basically a more glorified version of a ouija, that has a lot of other stuff on it. But the unique thing about this one, is that it actually came with instructions on how to properly open, close and protect the sessions. Something that the "toy" version of ouija boards don't offer. We always call upon Archangel Michael to come and provide protection over the session. So we haven't had any problems with negative entities trying to pull shenanigans at all. And the few times a "negative" entity did show up, it was usually to get help crossing over into the Light. But regardless of why they were there, AA Michael was always there as well.

Blanket
30-08-2011, 10:42 AM

My sister tried playing with an ouja board online ... and even though it was only online, it still had negative effects on her. I personally believe that ouja boards are evil and they're NOT just a "toy" . They're serious. They do open one up to the spiritual realm BUT it's all negative and evil . So if you want to communicate with demons and negative spirits, then I'd say go play with an ouja board. Otherwise, it's best to stay away from them .

astralsuzy
30-08-2011, 11:33 AM
I agree Blanket. If people want to play with them then no one can talk them out of it. I hate the thought of those boards. If I played with one, I think I would find it hard to sleep at night even if nothing bad happened. I can think of better things to do with my time.

krishna
30-08-2011, 12:18 PM
This is one very dangerous game.
Do not go there.
Light and knowledge.
Krsna.

Trieah
31-08-2011, 04:11 AM
My sister tried playing with an ouja board online ... and even though it was only online, it still had negative effects on her. I personally believe that ouja boards are evil and they're NOT just a "toy" . They're serious. They do open one up to the spiritual realm BUT it's all negative and evil . So if you want to communicate with demons and negative spirits, then I'd say go play with an ouja board. Otherwise, it's best to stay away from them .

Well, you're right that they aren't toys. And they shouldn't be sold as toys either. But stating that it's all negative and evil, isn't exactly correct. I've talked to Archangel Michael plenty of times on one. And have gotten plenty of messages full of Light and Love. My thought process is usually way too jumbled up for me to be able to hear him clearly a lot of times. So this was one way were I could know for sure what he was trying to tell me. But I have to confess, he doesn't like talking through it all that much, because it takes too long to say anything. And he usually has a lot of stuff he wants to talk to me about.

And before you claim that it's a demon impersonating Archangel Michael, I can assure you, I've put him through enough rigours tests to make him prove that he really was who he said he was, to be satisfied that it really is him, that I've spoken to. And a demon would not give me so many uplifting messages of love and faith.

Trieah
31-08-2011, 04:15 AM
I agree Blanket. If people want to play with them then no one can talk them out of it. I hate the thought of those boards. If I played with one, I think I would find it hard to sleep at night even if nothing bad happened. I can think of better things to do with my time.

Well, I used to think the same way. Until I got so tired of losing the messages Archangel Michael kept trying to get past all the jumbled mess of my ADHD and dyslexia.

Blanket
31-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion .

However, I still think that ouja boards are negative and evil . I believe that evil can disguise itself and transform itself into Light and Love. I know this from personal experience...dealing with entities who liked to claim that they were a certain person...and these entities would give me so many messages of "love" and all of this other stuff ... so it took me a while to realize it but these entities were of negative and evil energies but they tried to present themselves as light and love..

Just saying. Again everybody is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine .

A. Consumer
02-09-2011, 03:18 AM
I've heard that The Prophet of Life used them a couple of times when he was younger and that once he assisted the spirit of a child to get into heaven after that spirit asked for his assistance at one of the few sessions he participated in. I heard that the small alcove they were in shook from the ground up accompanied by sounds similar to an airplane taking off and when the spirit departed there was a loud popping sound and the light bulb got brighter and warmth returned to the room. That's the only time I heard of something like that happening with a board.

Haoma
02-09-2011, 03:34 AM
Never used one, never will use one.

sappy
02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Ouija Board be very careful........ It can be a very powerful interesting tool but it can really screw with you if you don't know what your doing. The problem with ouija boards is you really never can tell who your channeling because you never know if this spirit is harmless or harmful because you never know if this entity is telling the truth i have had some scary things happen and the i have sometimes just asked questions and they answer with nothing really negative but you really never can tell so use caution.

earthprowler
02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
were you aware that you can play it without saying one word? honestly, they can hear what you think of, (which if you pay attention to your thoughts, this is how they get the answers) and tell you that answer. tried and tested this method many times, ask a question (if you're playing it) and think of the wrong answer.......it will give you the thought you are thinking. :icon_eek: that is until they figure out that you aren't playing fair either and then they'll quit playing with you and leave. :tongue:

earthprowler
03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
i really know how to kill a thread huh? :confused:

Medium_Laura
03-09-2011, 12:55 PM
As a Pagan, we do use a board but we are taught how to use it properly. It's part of our culture as Pagans. While I don't agree that they should be sold as toys or used as a game, there are ways to use them properly. Just as Mattie and I have explained about vetting the negative energies, we are taught ways to know if this is our relative or just a trickster, how to properly protect and close the connection. Circles are cast, quarters and elements are called. It's a rite in itself, done on Samhain (Halloween) to bridge the gap to the Other Side.

Unless you know what you are doing though, a board can bring more trouble than connections. I never take it out and "play" to show my friends what it can do. It is not like just popping out a Tarot deck or swinging a pendulum, boards are serious and can bring even more serious issues with it.

Docha
03-09-2011, 02:13 PM
were you aware that you can play it without saying one word? honestly, they can hear what you think of, (which if you pay attention to your thoughts, this is how they get the answers) and tell you that answer. tried and tested this method many times, ask a question (if you're playing it) and think of the wrong answer.......it will give you the thought you are thinking. :icon_eek: that is until they figure out that you aren't playing fair either and then they'll quit playing with you and leave. :tongue:

Lol I basically said the same thing, just a tad different perspective. From my understanding the entities didn't exist at all. There was no 'spirit' of any kind reading my mind..I was the spirit. I tried to tell my friends about the coolness of bringing the subconcious to light...

They refused to hear it. Perhaps they didn't want to face the dark parts of themselves?

You get what you believe. No more no less.

The spirit world really is nuetral. Thw means by which it manifests on this plane is through us. If we fear then that is the vehicle in which it will use. If we don't fear it uses the strength.

Its apparrent in the posts here. You have both sides of the experience being shared.

The mind is the most powerfull spiritual tool. I don't understand why anyone would wish to believe they are powerless, but that's just human nature I suppose.

hawkmoth65
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
i really know how to kill a thread huh? :confused:Not at all Earthprowler,I'm just not at all experienced with ouija boards.However,my brother who is 13 years older than me,did have an experience with one when he was about 18.He tells me he was at a friend's house,him and two friends,and they decided to use an ouija board.When he asked the name of his maternal grandmother,which he knew his two friends had no knowledge of,the board spelled out her name correctly.He swears to me this was true and it is ironic because he's the kind of bloke who prefers anything to be tested in a laboratory.

Medium_Laura
03-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Not at all Earthprowler,I'm just not at all experienced with ouija boards.However,my brother who is 13 years older than me,did have an experience with one when he was about 18.He tells me he was at a friend's house,him and two friends,and they decided to use an ouija board.When he asked the name of his maternal grandmother,which he knew his two friends had no knowledge of,the board spelled out her name correctly.He swears to me this was true and it is ironic because he's the kind of bloke who prefers anything to be tested in a laboratory.

While it may be true, spirits, even negative one's have access to your brother's mind and can manipulate the board into giving correct answers.

earthprowler
07-09-2011, 11:23 AM
i was separated from my husband a few years ago and staying in my mom's house. my sister didn't like the idea of the board being in the house and threw it out the back door where it laid face down for a good three weeks (no idea why i didn't pick it up). i happened to come in one sunday after being on the run all day and stopped in my tracks to find the board sitting on a coffee table in the middle of the living room :icon_eek:!!! now i do not spook or get creeped out very easy, but that day it finally went into the trash can, and then it took twice for them to dump the can right before it came out. i had another one another time that completely vanished from my house.....no idea where it went.

Medium_Laura
07-09-2011, 11:24 AM
To dispose of a board properly.. you burn it. Or it WILL come back, some way, some how.

earthprowler
07-09-2011, 11:36 AM
i have also read that the way to dispose of it is to bury it a foot and a half in the ground far away from your home so it can't find it's way back.

Medium_Laura
07-09-2011, 11:37 AM
That can work too, but burning it dispels any entity or energy that is with the board, breaking the ties. The entity may still hang with YOU, but when you burn a board, you close the portal you opened.

Docha
08-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Lol mine got given to goodwill or chucked I think unless its still in my moms basement...

I never had any weird or odd encounters with it popping back up.

The ouja board is actually fairly new in the 'spiritual' world think if I remember correctly it first made its appearance in the early to mid 1900's. There are urban legends about witches and things using them in the days of old, but no true evidence that such things were in existance.

It was invented when, magic/mediumship, and other such things became 'mainstream'.

I don't believe the boards are any more or less empowered than any other form of divination or what not. Its a tool, just like the tarot, pendelums, runes, I ching, etc.

What if people instead used the boards to contact their own higher self? Like automatic writing? Would that have involved fear and all the 'evil' that surrounds it?

Intent and desire changes it.

As with any tool of the trade.

Swingdance
24-09-2011, 01:34 AM
My sister received an ouija board for Christmas I think when we were in our early teens. It is still in the closet at my mom's. Don't recall anything unusual happening when we used it; doing so just for fun, but I admit to not wanting to handle it when I'm over to visit.

Humm
24-09-2011, 03:24 AM
ROFL the superstition here is just so... well.., over the top!

My ex told me she would never have a board in the house. I asked her why and she told me this long story about a girl who was told by spirits NEVER to go home during her birthday, but one day she did and everyone was massacred.

I thought that was strange but respected her wish - then some years after we separated I had rented a cheap horror flick called 'Allison's Birthday' - and found myself watching the story my ex had told me all those years ago!!

Sorry, but it was just too much - my ex FREAKED OUT by a cheap horror movie. Yeesh - people will believe anything, especially with naked ignorant fear as the motivator! :disgust:

mattie
24-09-2011, 10:08 AM
As Medium Laura mentioned, we can vet energies (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=156097&posted=1#post156097). It is a good practice that is recommended by those far more experienced than I in these matters to vet all energies that contact us as a regular part of opening up contact of any kind. When we open up our energy channels w/ an invitation such as a ouija board or channeling we can be contacted by any type of energies unless we specify who we are desiring contact w/.

Should we inadvertently allow energies into our personal energy field we have the ability & power to discharge them (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=189540#post189540). Getting in the habit of regularly clearing our energies w/ discharging unwanted energies & grounding to the center of the planet & Universe is good regular energy hygiene to keep our energies balanced.

Humm
24-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Great post Mattie, but I see a marked division there.

I agree with what you say, and believe it applies to our daily lives as well.

Many people seem to agree with you in paranormal circumstance, but seem to disregard it in daily life, preferring to think they have attracted whatever they experience and they really just need to deal with it.

I agree with the poster above who said with Ouija boards or any other source of divination you get what you expect, no more no less. Of course, the expectation may be subconscious. Any divination device, in my experience, is actually pretty neutral, serving more like an extension or gateway to to/from my own consciousness.

My ex was obviously absolutely allergic to anything supernatural - the story above was just one example, and the irony was that in the movie if Allison had just listened to what the board had told her in the first place, it would have saved her!

I think it pretty intuitive that if you come across a method of divination, such as an ouija board, and you immediately start picking up strong malevolent energies, you have far greater problems than having come across an ouija board! You have genuine issues that need to be resolved, and just throwing out the board and pretending the problem is with it is simply NOT going to solve it.

Medium_Laura
24-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Very true Humm! :) It is a tool and the person using the tool is always responsible for who or what comes through by the energy that you put into it. If you have fear, you will receive fear. If you do it for jokes and fun, you will get a spirit full of jokes and fun. If you do it with love and light, you will receive that back. :) No doubt :)

Humm
24-09-2011, 02:38 PM
*Bows to Medium Laura* :headbang:

hawkmoth65
24-09-2011, 10:58 PM
As someone who has lived with fear for many years,I certainly won't be using a ouija board anytime soon :icon_eek:

hawkmoth65
06-10-2011, 06:35 PM
To add to this subject,I was talking to a friend recently who began to tell me about an experience with a ouija board while he was in the army.Apparently himself and a number of others were messing around with a ouija board in the barracks one night,he can't remember specifically what was said but the windows in the barracks began opening and slamming shut continually.He said he remembers being terrified and doesn't like to speak of it now,and what I find worth noting is that he is what you could call a 'non-believer' in anything supernatural.One wonders exactly what or who it was that came through.

PS He remembers it being a very calm,sultry night

Charlies Angel
24-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I would never touch one. I've heard too many stories about dark spirits entering.

Swingdance
24-10-2011, 10:14 PM
In downtown Tucson is the historic Hotel Congress. In the lobby is a coffee table in the form of an ouija board. The hotel is reputed to be haunted and one of the girls working there told me that the coffee table really gives her the creeps.

Lynn
24-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Hello

I found one in me Grandmother's attic when I was 16 I took it home and used it with some friends. OMG never ever again would I go near to one. What we saw and felt still bothers me to this day. Bedroom curtains blew like in a strong wind but the window was well closed. They are SO not a toy.

I have noted that many shows on the Haunted Paranormal use them and do not give any real disclaimers on their use....I find that a bit disthurbing. While the board is but a TOOL that expands the energy of the individual (s) using it there are real respects needed.

Like with anything that holds a spiritual power remember they are NOT toys they are TOOLS and are used as such.

Lynn

raticate
06-03-2012, 03:38 AM
voooo.... some of the stories are really scary... i would personally NEVER try an ouija board... coz i wouldnt want any entities ruling over my life..!

onetruebeliever
06-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I had one when I was teenager. I was very interested in the spirit world and the occult. I did not know anything about protection. My friends and I had fun with it for a while. Then one day we contacted an entity who scared the you know what out of us. He had a very ancient name. His presence felt what I can only describe as menacing. My friends would never do it again. The weird part of this is that I could do the board by myself. This entity came through again and he scared me. Scared me enough to break the board in 4 pieces and throw it away. I know I would never use a ouija board again.