PDA

View Full Version : prayer

shivatar
24-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Pray to the river in you, of you

When you need strength ask the river, when the river shows you images don't get attached to what you see. what is strength now may be weakness later and vice versa.

When you need wisdom, ask the river. Don't expect a final answer, whatever comes up is meant to come up in that moment, and nothing stays forever.

the river is you in the most true sense.

Shivani Devi
24-06-2017, 06:41 PM
What 'label' you attach to 'the river' is individual and unique.

For me, Shiva is the river and the giver who delivers.

Wasn't that cool?

Prayer, asking for wisdom and all that is good, but nothing can happen without love and especially trust.

When we pray, what we are doing is saying "oh hi there...something bigger and much more than what the "little me" is....something that my limited mind and senses cannot begin to grasp...something that flows through me and out to the far reaches of the universe...what is your will for me today? I am forever at your mercy and in humble gratitude and awe of your omnipotence..."

I shall leave you with a song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2dMSfmUJec

shivatar
24-06-2017, 11:02 PM
this is me and the river on a usual day

"THE **** DO YOU WANT?"
river: errrie silence
"**** YOUUUUUU"
river : silence
" SHOW ME WHO I AM"
river: shows scary images
"**** YOUUUU"
river: laughter
"ARRRGHHHHHHH. I CURSE YOU. LEAVE ME ALONE"

I want to trade places with the river, but the river always condemns me to my egoic existence. As if to say, "you and me are not compatible".

Maybe I just need to blow off some steam. Try to work these experiences out that are incompatible with the river. Empty my cup so to say. Cleanse my sanskaras or whatever the Buddhist term is.

iamthat
24-06-2017, 11:21 PM
I want to trade places with the river, but the river always condemns me to my egoic existence. As if to say, "you and me are not compatible".

Does the river condemn you to your egoic existence? Or do you condemn yourself by your attachment to your egoic existence. Why not let go of your egoic existence, jump into the river and surrender to the flow? Who knows where that might lead?

peace.

shivatar
25-06-2017, 12:54 AM
Does the river condemn you to your egoic existence? Or do you condemn yourself by your attachment to your egoic existence. Why not let go of your egoic existence, jump into the river and surrender to the flow? Who knows where that might lead?

peace.

Fear. Fear that there will be greater anxiety and depression in the river than what I deal with now. Fear that although bad this ego isn't the worst there is and I'll miss it when I'm not attached to it anymore. fear fear fear.

Shivani Devi
25-06-2017, 01:05 AM

"THE **** DO YOU WANT?"
"**** YOUUUUUU"
" SHOW ME WHO I AM"
"**** YOUUUU"

Maybe I just need to blow off some steam. Try to work these experiences out that are incompatible with the river. Empty my cup so to say. Cleanse my sanskaras or whatever the Buddhist term is.
Mr river is a lot more enigmatic than that.

*me and the river on a usual day*

Me: "I love you"
River: "O RLY?"
Me: "I give my heart to You"
River: "Got that - gimme more"
Me: "I give my soul then"
River: "Since when is 'your' soul, 'yours' to give"?
Me: "Why must You make praying to You so difficult?"
River: "You're the one making it so".
Me: "Arrrggghh! Do You want me to pray to You or not?"
River: "Who is praying to me?"
Me: "Okay, I get it! I give my ego to You then"
River: "Icwotudidthar...nice try...don't want it"
Me: "OM NAMAH SHIVAYA"
River: "Getting there, keep working on it"
Me: "Do You even exist?"
River: "Do you think I exist?"
Me: "My heart knows it".
River: "I thought I had your heart...lemme check it again...yep, I exist"
Me: "I love You, dammit!"
River *laughs* "yeah, I know and I love you too".

Suffice to say, I have a really cool relationship with it...God trolls me all the time, but it's done very endearingly and with a lot of love.

Have you ever tried being nice to it? not swearing at it? learning to love and appreciate it? It may not show you any scary images then.

A few times my River tried that with me, but my love is so unconditional, I saw right through it.

Imagine Lord Shiva appearing like this to me one day:
http://static.squarespace.com/static/50330405e4b00d577d194059/53cbb4fce4b073a0e8bfea8d/53cbb513e4b02facb93ed316/1405859138162/xC34OjjyYHo.jpg

I was like "Oh hi there my love...what an interesting display of your Cosmic Form..."

Shiva/River says: "shut up you mortal fool! I am here to chop your head off".

Yeah, so I go: "It's there on the chopping block waiting for You...would You like me to sharpen Your sword for You first?"

After that, He appeared like this:
http://www.energycenter.com/auct/P023_shiva.jpg

Then he granted me a wish....and my only wish was to see Him in His original form again. LOL

barrynu
25-06-2017, 06:43 AM

"THE **** DO YOU WANT?"
"**** YOUUUUUU"
" SHOW ME WHO I AM"
"**** YOUUUU"

You are releasing emotions.You asked a few days ago how do I release emotions?.......its all good and soon the bulk will be gone and the spaces inside of you that held these emotions will be filled with something else,peace and love if you let it in....so release and ask for peace after the release and not during it.

The more you release the harder it is at the time but keep it up and free yourself,