PDA

View Full Version : feel gratitude

rashmi
21-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Greeting Divine Souls
how many of you practice gratitude in daily life?
how do you find it helpful for spiritual development?

regards
rashmi

Baile
22-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Spirituality can be summed up in three words: joy, love and gratitude. Imagine a world where that was everyone's Bible, Koran or self-help book.

Carnate
22-05-2017, 04:25 PM
I get the feeling the term gratitude has some hidden connotations that I'm not aware of. It might help me (and other people) if you could expand on this.

However, if it's the everyday 'being grateful' for things/people.. then yes. I make sure to say thank you when something good happens, and show appreciation to people that help me.

Dargor
22-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Depends. I display grattidude for a few minor things like a nice job and friendly co-workers I can get along fine with. But gratitude towards my life in general is a whole different thing.... Especially when you lose the very few blessings you've had.

baro-san
22-05-2017, 07:48 PM
I get the feeling the term gratitude has some hidden connotations that I'm not aware of. It might help me (and other people) if you could expand on this.

However, if it's the everyday 'being grateful' for things/people.. then yes. I make sure to say thank you when something good happens, and show appreciation to people that help me.This sounds about right. Being mindlessly grateful isn't healthy.

slowsnake
22-05-2017, 10:07 PM

However, if it's the everyday 'being grateful' for things/people.. then yes. I make sure to say thank you when something good happens, and show appreciation to people that help me.

Hello,
Spot on Carnage,I wasn't going to be the first poster for almost the same reason,it seemed to me a loaded question,one that an answer could be perceived as positive, negative or hostile!

Yes,gratitude in all it's different forms and not being a self explanatory word, could be open to another "let's remove chakra thread",lol,

Kind Regards Billy.

Baile
23-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Spot on Carnage,I wasn't going to be the first poster for almost the same reason,it seemed to me a loaded question,one that an answer could be perceived as positive, negative or hostile!Loaded how?

"Do you practice (love/joy/peace/serenity/harmony) in your daily life, and how do you find it helpful for your spiritual development?"

Would you say any of these are loaded, negative and/or hostile questions? Perhaps if you simply described your relationship to the term "gratitude" and what it means to you personally, instead of taking the thread in an entirely different direction with conjecture about hidden meanings and negative connotations.

hallow
23-05-2017, 10:42 AM
I am grateful for everday good or bad. If life was all butterflies and rainbows there would be nothing to look forward to. The butterflies and rainbows wouldn't be special.

Baile
23-05-2017, 10:57 AM
I am grateful for everday good or bad.I am grateful for good days. I am reluctantly grateful for bad days, and strive to turn them into good days as quickly as possible. While I recognize that soul growth also comes from adversity, I never care to spend much time in that state let alone live great chunks of my life in it.

Speaking for gratitude, I am grateful that I have learned the art of quickly turning my bad days and dark moods, back into good days and joyful expression. As was mentioned in another thread, this is all part of the self-realization journey, and accomplishing this takes a great deal of self-reflective work and effort over a long period of time. Decades in my case... and yes it took experiencing a lot of bad days to finally get there.

Dargor
23-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Damn I forgot to mention something... Above all the one thing I am most grateful for in life is metal \m/

A human Being
23-05-2017, 11:44 AM
Damn I forgot to mention something... Above all the one thing I am most grateful for in life is metal \m/
I hear you, bruv \m/

I mean, where would we be without copper, after all :cool:

(I'll get me coat.)

Dargor
23-05-2017, 11:48 AM
I hear you, bruv \m/

I mean, where would we be without copper, after all :cool:

(I'll get me coat.)

Nonono you got it all wrong my friend, not that kind of metal.

THIS kind of metal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Ix3nmJeMw

rashmi
23-05-2017, 11:53 AM
practicing gratitude is neither
only about saying thank you to your friend ,or family or good day or bad day ...practicing gratitude mean .... feel gratitude specialy for spiritual development ...to move towards divine ..when you feel love for divine do you overwhelm with gratitude
nor its related with negatives , someone do something for you in exchange you could not give anything so you just say thank you ..its not gratitude ..one suffered a lot and say i am gratefull have anyone find any such person ever?....

rashmi

rashmi
23-05-2017, 11:56 AM

yes your feeling is right the gratitude about which i am talking is not day to day thanks giving . i am talking about its spiritual aspect.

Baile
23-05-2017, 11:56 AM
practicing gratitude is ... when you feel love for divine do you overwhelm with gratitudeThis is my understanding and experience of gratitude as well: continuous and at times even overwhelming love and appreciation for life and creation (the divine), each and every day, from the moment I rise in the morning until I fall back asleep at night.

Minus my momentary and few-and-far-between bad moments and dark moods of course lol.

rashmi
23-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Depends. I display grattidude for a few minor things like a nice job and friendly co-workers I can get along fine with. But gratitude towards my life in general is a whole different thing.... Especially when you lose the very few blessings you've had.
dear light never vanish from sky ..earth move opposite to light to again move towards light same as life.

Carnate
23-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Loaded how?

"Do you practice (love/joy/peace/serenity/harmony) in your daily life, and how do you find it helpful for your spiritual development?"

Would you say any of these are loaded, negative and/or hostile questions? Perhaps if you simply described your relationship to the term "gratitude" and what it means to you personally, instead of taking the thread in an entirely different direction with conjecture about hidden meanings and negative connotations.
There's a lot of ways OP's questions could be interpreted and responded to.

To help clarify this: you've interpreted the original question in a way that relates to love/joy/peace/serenity/harmony.. but these aspects weren't necessarily implied by the OP; you've inferred them. Your post above suggests that other people should be playing by your rules; have the same understanding of gratitude that you have. This could be why (it seems like) you've taken some form of offense to Billy's post; he has a different understanding to you that you've perceived as being negative. But there is a good chance that he, and many other people here, have a different although similarly positive understanding of gratitude.

Part of the confusion is that, in relation to the initial question, we were unsure of who we are being grateful towards; is it the individual ('me'), events, other people, God, or just life in general..? Not knowing this makes it hard to answer. In some respects, being grateful can imply a sense of debt towards something/someone else, or of being less than... This may be what Billy was curious about. I know I was. Luckily, Rashmi has clarified this (thank you).

The second question links gratitude to spiritual development in a way that blurs the matter a bit. I'm not entirely sure how being grateful can be helpful in spiritual development.. it may be a by-product of it, or an aspect of a state of being/attainment. But we don't choose to be grateful for some spiritual reward... the concept itself seems counter intuitive to me. I have a feeling that Rashmi sees a link between the two concepts, and it's just the way she has phrased it that leads to the confusion.

When considered overall, the questions Rashmi asked are vague enough that most people will only be able to answer in a general sense. If someone applies their own ideas of gratitude to the mix, then there may be conflicts and misunderstandings as people's explanations differ.

To help solidify this concept, I'll explain that outside of people I interact with, I don't show gratitude at all. There are good positive reasons for this, but when said in isolation, it could be taken in a negative way. And with this in mind, I'm not going to explain my reasons.. :rolleyes: and we'll see what people make of it.

rashmi
23-05-2017, 12:21 PM
This is my understanding and experience of gratitude as well: continuous and at times even overwhelming love and appreciation for life and creation (the divine), each and every day, from the moment I rise in the morning until I fall back asleep at night.

Minus my momentary and few-and-far-between bad moments and dark moods of course lol.

yes you are right my healing abilities enhance after gratitude practicing ..i dont daily sit n start practicing ..gratitude something what make me suddenly smile ...i suffered a lot but when i see back i feel how divine protect me help me to move out all of those bad day .i am searching how do others practice and perceive gratitude.

rashmi
23-05-2017, 12:26 PM
There's a lot of ways OP's questions could be interpreted and responded to.

To help clarify this: you've interpreted the original question in a way that relates to love/joy/peace/serenity/harmony.. but these aspects weren't necessarily implied by the OP; you've inferred them. Your post above suggests that other people should be playing by your rules; have the same understanding of gratitude that you have. This could be why (it seems like) you've taken some form of offense to Billy's post; he has a different understanding to you that you've perceived as being negative. But there is a good chance that he, and many other people here, have a different although similarly positive understanding of gratitude.

Part of the confusion is that, in relation to the initial question, we are unsure of who we are being grateful towards; is it the individual ('me'), events, other people, God, or just life in general..? Not knowing this makes it hard to answer. In some respects, being grateful can imply a sense of debt towards something/someone else, or of being less than... This may be what Billy was curious about. I know I was.

The second question links gratitude to spiritual development in a way that further blurs the matter. I'm not entirely sure how being grateful can be helpful in spiritual development.. it may be a by-product of it, or an aspect of a state of being/attainment. But we don't choose to be grateful for some spiritual reward... the concept itself is counter intuitive. You'll notice that no one (so far) has answered this question.

When considered overall, the questions Rashmi asked are vague enough that most people will only be able to answer in a general sense. If someone applies their own ideas of gratitude to the mix, then there may be conflicts and misunderstandings as people's explanations differ.

To help solidify this concept, I'll explain that outside of people I interact with, I don't show gratitude at all. There are good positive reasons for this, but when said in isolation, it could be taken in a negative way. And with this in mind, I'm not going to explain my reasons.. :rolleyes: and we'll see what people make of it.

thank you for your reply ..i was wondering why people are saying so ..i admit my way may make question blurr i am going to edit that .

Dargor
23-05-2017, 12:26 PM
dear light never vanish from sky ..earth move opposite to light to again move towards light same as life.

Don't think that's comparable to another but then again maybe it's just me.

Baile
23-05-2017, 12:30 PM
but when i see back i feel how divine protect me help me to move out all of those bad dayThe divine helps, when called to help. Ultimately it requires the human being to first initiate the process via their conscious desire and will.

Carnate
23-05-2017, 12:30 PM
thank you for your reply ..i was wondering why people are saying so ..i admit my way may make question blurr i am going to edit that .
Damn.. didn't get my edit in quick enough :)

I didn't realise there was a second page to the thread, so I missed some of the additional content. I've edited my post to compensate.

A human Being
23-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Nonono you got it all wrong my friend, not that kind of metal.

THIS kind of metal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Ix3nmJeMw
Not a big metal fan so I opened that with trepidation, but actually it's pretty good - not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it.

Still more of a corrugated iron man meself, though :tongue:

Dargor
23-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Not a big metal fan so I opened that with trepidation, but actually it's pretty good - not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it.

Still more of a corrugated iron man meself, though :tongue:

Each their own thing I guess. Iron man is legendary btw.

To me, metal beats any kind of heavenly angel choir. If that song were to be played in heaven, the very foundations of heaven will shake and there will be thunder and lightning all across the skies. Then the angels will start headbanging and all the heavenly spirits and ascended masters will form a mosh pit and go all out. And those who won't enjoy themselves will be cast into hell where there will be Justin Bieber and One Direction played for all eternity.

winter light
24-05-2017, 01:59 AM
Gratitude is a natural state when I am in a good place. I get lost in appreciation for some minor detail. But when I am stressed which is most of the time it is impossible for me to imagine being grateful. I get swamped. Even though I frequently am unable to choose gratitude I have a theory while it is important.

Let's assume that the creator of the universe has our best interests in mind. At some point it is expected that you will affirm when something good comes to you. You say "yes" and then it gives a general direction what you are looking for. When you say "yes" interest is maintained. All relationships work this way when they are growing constructively or living.

If you are unwilling or unable to say "yes" to anything then even something which is good has no reason to repeat. Ignoring something is the strongest way of saying "no". So something else happens and you say "no" again, it retreats again. Repeat this and the pattern is that you approach randomness. So you will be in chaos and nothing "good" can come of that because "good" implies some organized living pattern or relationship. Organization is the basis of life, randomness is unformed matter, and decay is the return to unformed state.

Everything material is a standing wave. It requires energy to sustain the form or else it will decay. This is as it should be for why should something exist when no one wishes for it to be there? If something has completed it's expression then it quietly decays to allow for a new form to emerge.

So gratitude is a way of giving attention to cultivate and sustain life, or goodness. Withdrawing attention is a way to create transformation to a new form.

rashmi
25-05-2017, 06:54 AM
The divine helps, when called to help. Ultimately it requires the human being to first initiate the process via their conscious desire and will.
it is just one side face of coin ,one need help ... supreme help but many times when we just forget ask for help ..engage our mind in problems rather than finding solution .that moment lord also help . higher energies appreciate that one accept ,he or she require help ,,its like to be honest to oneself. dive like this . but even when one's ego deny to take help ...he is helped.

rashmi
25-05-2017, 07:04 AM
Gratitude is a natural state when I am in a good place. I get lost in appreciation for some minor detail. But when I am stressed which is most of the time it is impossible for me to imagine being grateful. I get swamped. Even though I frequently am unable to choose gratitude I have a theory while it is important.

Let's assume that the creator of the universe has our best interests in mind. At some point it is expected that you will affirm when something good comes to you. You say "yes" and then it gives a general direction what you are looking for. When you say "yes" interest is maintained. All relationships work this way when they are growing constructively or living.

If you are unwilling or unable to say "yes" to anything then even something which is good has no reason to repeat. Ignoring something is the strongest way of saying "no". So something else happens and you say "no" again, it retreats again. Repeat this and the pattern is that you approach randomness. So you will be in chaos and nothing "good" can come of that because "good" implies some organized living pattern or relationship. Organization is the basis of life, randomness is unformed matter, and decay is the return to unformed state.

Everything material is a standing wave. It requires energy to sustain the form or else it will decay. This is as it should be for why should something exist when no one wishes for it to be there? If something has completed it's expression then it quietly decays to allow for a new form to emerge.

So gratitude is a way of giving attention to cultivate and sustain life, or goodness. Withdrawing attention is a way to create transformation to a new form.
gratitude is feeling ...feeling which means pure love for what we get. the creator just say this is good for you do this ..if we say yes ..it is good if we say no thats also ok . we have free will and higher energies respect our will . if we are pressurized to say yes ..that mean there is no presence of divine energies. practicing gratitude means cultivate gratitude feeling which increase soul energy so that lower energy can become far away from one