PDA

View Full Version : Selentite

ces
18-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Any thoughts on selentite? I purchased a peice yeterday. I like the peice its quite small and is cloudy and rough although sold as tumbled.

I'm wondering though about it. Can it cause extreme emotion?

Topaz
18-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Yes, it can clear deep emotions which you may have blocked. Bringing them to the surface but in a gentle soothing way x Hope that helps x

Spiritlite
19-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Selenite is very soothing ot the emotions, and helps you connect to the angelic realms, spirit guides etc. I did put a post up about selenite that you may want to read.
Spiritlite.

Sungirl
19-02-2011, 09:35 AM
is it selenite or Iceland Spar? often Iceland Spar is sold as selenite....

If it is the very white soft stone with strand like structures then it is (imho) iceland spar.

I love this stone and often work with it in healings. to me it is pure spirit energy, very high vibrational.

What do you get from it when you hold it?

ces
19-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Yes, it can clear deep emotions which you may have blocked. Bringing them to the surface but in a gentle soothing way x Hope that helps x

Thanks Topaz - yes it helps a bit. I thought because it was new to me and my crystal pouch and because i had it on me/in my presence so to speak, that it was rushing things to the surface. I'm not entirely sure (all though probably am) what it is clearing but this is the only change in terms of crystals that I have made recently. Would it be working in a specific way with the other crystals in the bag?

ces
19-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Selenite is very soothing ot the emotions, and helps you connect to the angelic realms, spirit guides etc. I did put a post up about selenite that you may want to read.
Spiritlite.

I Spiritlite - I remember seeing your post about Selenite last night after I had switched off the computer. Upon checking in the crystal bible - I can see what has been said is right about it being calming, soothing etc. thanks

ces
19-02-2011, 11:12 AM
is it selenite or Iceland Spar? often Iceland Spar is sold as selenite....

If it is the very white soft stone with strand like structures then it is (imho) iceland spar.

I love this stone and often work with it in healings. to me it is pure spirit energy, very high vibrational.

What do you get from it when you hold it?

This is a picture of it. 400
It was sold as selenite not sure what iceland Spar would look like.

I don't get anything in particular from it when I hold it - but then that's not unlike me. I liked the look of the peice which is why I purchased it.

Topaz
19-02-2011, 11:28 AM
This is a picture of it. 400
It was sold as selenite not sure what iceland Spar would look like.

I don't get anything in particular from it when I hold it - but then that's not unlike me. I liked the look of the peice which is why I purchased it. oh it's satin spar and a nice piece too . Satin spar has angelic qualities and is from the gypsum family .

Here is a pic of my satin spar necklace which my friend made for me .http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181554_10150136131086419_759601418_7880822_4144455 _n.jpg

ces
19-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Is satin spar part of the selenite family or something different?
It is a nice peice - thanks

Topaz
19-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Yes , It is from the same family Selenite is the highest grade of gypsum it is clear , then you have satin spar , desert rose and Icelandic spar :)

When I was in Derbyshire uk, I went and sat in a mine of Satin spar it was awesome :) unfortunately it is a private mine and not for the public .

ces
19-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks Topaz :D

Topaz
19-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Your welcome , One good tip if you feel burned out, run down place your self in a circle of Satinspar 6 or 8 tumble stones should do it and choose two grounders,the energy is lovely :)

I am going to perform a space clearing today with my two large satinspar wands . May the force be with you lol . x

Sungirl
19-02-2011, 12:27 PM
oh it's satin spar and a nice piece too . Satin spar has angelic qualities and is from the gypsum family .

Here is a pic of my satin spar necklace which my friend made for me .

ah yes.. my bad. Satin Spar... sorry for misinformation.

Sungirl
19-02-2011, 12:28 PM
When I was in Derbyshire uk, I went and sat in a mine of Satin spar it was awesome :) unfortunately it is a private mine and not for the public .

ooooh, where was that? I've been to the Blue John mines but didn't know there was a satin spar mine...... ooooh can feel a trip coming on!!

Moonkestrel
19-02-2011, 12:32 PM
I have a piece of iceland spar in the kitchen - it's great to stand near it whilst doing the washing up! xx

Topaz
19-02-2011, 12:37 PM
ooooh, where was that? I've been to the Blue John mines but didn't know there was a satin spar mine...... ooooh can feel a trip coming on!!Yes it's in Castleton :blob3: . love the Blue John Fluorite too . We got talking to a guy at the pub who gave us a private viewing of the satin spar cave . It's amazing to discover all the beautiful crystals are here in the Uk too lol . As a child I used to find clumps of Hemitate and pyrite off the shores of Folkstone . I wish I had kept them now .:rolleyes:

Sungirl
20-02-2011, 09:44 AM
can feel a trip to castleton coming on. So was it open to the public?

I never managed to find any pyrite... it is in the chalk at Lulworth apparantly but never found any.

Saw some calcite growing once... long story but it taught me a painful lesson.

norseman
20-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Blue John and Galena common in the Pennines

Spiritlite
20-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow I learn something new everyday great thread guys.
Spiritlite.

Adrienne
20-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Yes , It is from the same family Selenite is the highest grade of gypsum it is clear , then you have satin spar , desert rose and Icelandic spar :)

This desert rose, is this the one that looks like a rose ?

Spiritlite
20-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Yep it's brown and looks like a rose don't every put it under water will turn to sand.
Spiritlite.

Adrienne
20-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks Spiritlite, especially about the part not to put it under water.

Spiritlite
20-02-2011, 09:37 PM
yeah that's very important :)
Spiritlite.