PDA

View Full Version : How the spiritual mystical atmosphere has been ruined

MattMVS7
30-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Many believe that this life is a spiritual mystical one where we are divine souls that live on after physical death who meet spirit guides and beings of light. I could equate this to the show The Fairy Odd Parents in a way. This show (cartoon) conveys a magical/mystical atmosphere of fairies and mystical beings. But what is it that makes the show stay true to its essence? In other words, what is it that makes it such a great show for many people?

The answer here would be the restriction put upon the degree of suffering and misery in the show to convey that magical/mystical atmosphere to the audience. If the show had characters who were in the worst miserable/depressive hell of their life and they were suicidal, then that would completely ruin the show. It would completely ruin the mystical and magical atmosphere of that show and it would take away the very essence of the show. Therefore, the degree of misery in this show would have to be restricted to something in order to stay within that magical/mystical atmosphere such as a character simply feeling down and lonely since he/she did not get the date that he/she wanted.

Now I have been through the worst misery of my life due to traumatic experiences and ocd thoughts as I've mentioned many times before. In my personal view, this completely ruins the mystical and magical atmosphere that this life conveys. It takes away the very essence of what this life is believed to be by many people which would be a life where there is mystical and magical elements. If this life is supposed to be like The Fairy Odd Parents or Harry Potter, then the type and degree of depression/misery would have to be restricted in order to suit that magical/mystical atmosphere. Otherwise, that atmosphere will be ruined.

I will also apply this line of reasoning to the brain. When I look at the brain, that conveys a neuroscientific atmosphere to me which would be an amazing, astonishing, and a joyful/fun sense of scientific discovery and learning. But the miserable brain states that I have experienced completely ruin that atmosphere. It does not suit that atmosphere at all. Again, in order to suit this atmosphere, then the miserable brain states would have to be restricted to a normal healthy state of depression and misery rather than the absolute hell that I've been through.

Therefore, from all of this, I conclude that if life is like a Harry Potter movie or a Fairy Odd Parents movie and we are all playing out the whole atmosphere and scenes, then that movie has been completely ruined. There are people going through the absolute worst forms of depression/misery and that completely ruins the whole magical/mystical adventure and movie we all call life.

Lorelyen
30-04-2017, 07:46 AM
Many believe that this life is a spiritual mystical one where we are divine souls that live on after physical death who meet spirit guides and beings of light. I could equate this to the show The Fairy Odd Parents in a way. This show (cartoon) conveys a magical/mystical atmosphere of fairies and mystical beings. But what is it that makes the show stay true to its essence? In other words, what is it that makes it such a great show for many people?

The answer here would be the restriction put upon the degree of suffering and misery in the show to convey that magical/mystical atmosphere to the audience. If the show had characters who were in the worst miserable/depressive hell of their life and they were suicidal, then that would completely ruin the show. It would completely ruin the mystical and magical atmosphere of that show and it would take away the very essence of the show. Therefore, the degree of misery in this show would have to be restricted to something in order to stay within that magical/mystical atmosphere such as a character simply feeling down and lonely since he/she did not get the date that he/she wanted.

Now I have been through the worst misery of my life due to traumatic experiences and ocd thoughts as I've mentioned many times before. In my personal view, this completely ruins the mystical and magical atmosphere that this life conveys. It takes away the very essence of what this life is believed to be by many people which would be a life where there is mystical and magical elements. If this life is supposed to be like The Fairy Odd Parents or Harry Potter, then the type and degree of depression/misery would have to be restricted in order to suit that magical/mystical atmosphere. Otherwise, that atmosphere will be ruined.

I will also apply this line of reasoning to the brain. When I look at the brain, that conveys a neuroscientific atmosphere to me which would be an amazing, astonishing, and a joyful/fun sense of scientific discovery and learning. But the miserable brain states that I have experienced completely ruin that atmosphere. It does not suit that atmosphere at all. Again, in order to suit this atmosphere, then the miserable brain states would have to be restricted to a normal healthy state of depression and misery rather than the absolute hell that I've been through.

Therefore, from all of this, I conclude that if life is like a Harry Potter movie or a Fairy Odd Parents movie and we are all playing out the whole atmosphere and scenes, then that movie has been completely ruined. There are people going through the absolute worst forms of depression/misery and that completely ruins the whole magical/mystical adventure and movie we all call life.

This is you, of course. And I have to say that the forum has its fair share of members who correspond with your last line.

One wonders why they're here - why you're here. Is turning to a spiritual way of life the answer? Will it rid them of what they see are their problems (that elsewhere would be called a "mental state")?

Could it just be the way materialism and consumerism have fractured society, creating a set of highly ambiguous signs of what their reality should be?

Is the spiritual answer the hard work of lifting themselves above that? Cast away the 7 deadly sins and grow a set of higher principles in avoidance of those sins (the worst of which is probably sloth)? Or is the answer more pragmatic - doing something about themselves in the mundane world with mundane solutions?

Yes, it's hard work. There are no easy answers for those who do fall into the category of your closing sentence. You seem to be very reluctant to do something about your lot.

We all do our bit to create the psychic atmosphere, good or bad (if those are the right terms).

naturesflow
30-04-2017, 08:17 AM

Ruining is really the depression talking because the depressive person believes this in the space and feelings they reside. Its like the big black cloud looming over all life. Some find it too painful to feel love and care, joy or happiness, simply because that means more pain for them. So naturally life's movie becomes a miserable state of affairs. The light goes out and nothing can make the images of that space into anything but what is created by the one perceiving and experiencing themselves in that.

Everything relates back to how we feel and perceive what is their in the world as a whole source of joy, magic, pain or misery.

We may not be able to change the images that are there, the movie that moves through all life, but most if willing to let go and move towards facing what contains them in the depression, then changes in feelings an awaken almost anything in the whole view of life that exists.

Until you do you cannot know life any differently to just as you perceive and feel.

When you have immersed in the mud for so long, the mud looks very much like home. Rising from that mud can create just as much pain for those familiar with this dark, cold immersion they reside in. And often the "mind" will resolve itself that this is their lot. This is how it will be always, because the light of day, is so "unfamiliar" to them.

I know people who are depressed and want the magic back they remember as a child, something they know they have lost. In the long term affects and comfort of depression, they have lost all hope to even find a way back. The toll for some is extraordinarily heavy and difficult, the toll on them in loss and heavy heartedness, cannot fathom a way to reclaim themselves, because it sometimes becomes all to hard to do so.

Melahin
01-05-2017, 05:20 PM

Some interesting things here. You are spot on when you say that it is the state of your brain that sets the tone of ruin. Absolutely. It probably have over time shot down in ways that for some are hard to conceive. But the beauty (or magic if you will) is that you can completely rewire your brain in every conceivable way, you just have to put you focus on it :smile: No hard work, just a whole lot of practicing being at ease, until you at last start to feel more and more at ease... oh and wham bam magic wonder life in returns becomes easy to adhere to. The book Super Brain is good on this subject, and while giving a good ground for doing this, is actually scratching at the surface of what I call the neurologic super highway where information is transferred at an amazing pace, and did I mention your life being very enjoyable. It is part of what the follow up book Super Genes scratches the surface at, the super energenetic highway... which is the most refined expression of your body. How healthy can you imagine it, like this is health on a level beyond just normal health.

But though I would not say that you ability to feel bad ruins the magic of life, since you freedom to feel is what makes the magic abundantly real :D and Harry Potter is a quite not so all out happy tale if one might add.

syncro
05-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Spiritual practice also ruins misery, going the other way.

Morpheus
19-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Spiritual practice also ruins misery, going the other way.

Phillipians 4:8.