PDA

View Full Version : Laugh or Cry?

blackraven
18-02-2011, 02:05 AM
What's more healing to the soul: a roaring laugh or a good cry?

Blackraven

Medium_Laura
18-02-2011, 02:16 AM
hmmm both are good. So to release any blocks, crying... to raise your energy vibrations... laughing :)

Guthee
18-02-2011, 02:56 AM
I agree, both, I even do one after the other at times. :)

tmf
18-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Both, I agree also.

Emmalevine
18-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Definitely both. They release the same energy in different forms and both are needed according to the situation we are in or our personal reaction to it.

Very occasionally I've been in the midst of laughing hysterically and then as if a switch had been flicked I start crying with equal intensity. It's a very strange feeling.

God-Like
18-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi All

Haven't we all cried with laughter and expressed tears of joy lol.

Seriously though any release of emotion or emotion expressed Is good for the soul on some level. If you want to cry - cry.

Repressed emotion Is another burden that keeps the individual trapped within that same energy. The soul In essence carries that burden also.

x daz x

Silver
18-02-2011, 02:34 PM
There is no way to choose, as they BOTH help so much, it really is different sides of the same coin, imo.

Myer
18-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah...I guess it's both, but I much prefer laughter!

LightFilledHeart
18-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I''m of a mind they both are. I've been told that crying... especially deep sobs!... is both a release and physically massages the solar plexis chakra. On the other hand the expression "laughter is good medicine" comes to mind. We all feel better and DO better when we experience out daily quota of joy :D

LadyVirgoxoxo
19-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I think both are. After both I feel fresh and cleansed. :smile:

rip_ding_dong_football
10-03-2011, 03:54 AM
laughing and crying should go hand in hand sometimes. release the tears, the pain, then reflect on something funny, laugh. not hysterically of course but laugh with thoughtfullness.

progg77
14-03-2011, 09:07 AM
i agree, both always help me.

Sangraal
29-03-2011, 11:29 AM
good question blackraven - surely you know the answer to this yourself... and it will be different for everyone...

go well

;-)

Sangraal

minihorse
30-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I think it depends on different situations. But yes both are very good. I'm currently in the process of self-healing. Letting myself to cry out definitely release some of my sorrows and heaviness.

Ivy
30-03-2011, 05:49 PM
What's more healing to the soul: a roaring laugh or a good cry?

Blackraven

Both...and I find one can lead to another...cry until you laugh and laugh until the tears come:smile:

blackraven
30-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks guys and gals for all your input. Personally I'm a pretty serious person so to get me to laugh is a pretty big task. My son can make me laugh easier than anyone. But more than anything I find a good cry the most healing to my soul. I will have a good cry and then if someone is around to comfort me I usually find myself getting a big smile on my face afterwards as if to say, "I'm done now."

Blackraven

tragblack
30-03-2011, 08:06 PM
In Stranger in a Strange land, Michael realizes that laughter happens only because life is so sad. Usually when people laugh, it is in irony.

Silver
30-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Both...and I find one can lead to another...cry until you laugh and laugh until the tears come:smile:

I'm with you on that one, heather. And sometimes it goes from the deepest sobs to the crazy laughter at some absurd humor that's come to mind. And oddly enough, it's both related in context, so you can call it mood swings, but swinging is fun, lol. I think it's a perfectly natural coping mechanism that our minds have.
:hug:

bigcaat
31-03-2011, 06:12 AM
I vote laugh.