PDA

View Full Version : Can you be happy every moment?

august2803
07-04-2017, 11:17 AM
All its saying all the time, tao te ching etc is life goes up and down does this mean you cant be happy allways?

Baile
07-04-2017, 11:21 AM
Hi august. For at least the past 20 years, I have been happy and joyful, every day of every week of every year. Do I get down sometimes? Sure. Do I get upset sometimes? Sure. But I never feel out of sorts any longer than minutes or even just a few seconds. The key is finding your bliss in life. Find it, and joy becomes your eternal life outlook... that's what happened with me anyway.

august2803
07-04-2017, 12:14 PM
awweeesome:D:D:D:D:*

shoni7510
07-04-2017, 12:45 PM
I find that it is difficult to stay in one mood all the time but it is possible to reach a state of equilibrium where you are neither happy nor sad but just fine.

Lorelyen
07-04-2017, 01:43 PM
I don't see how you can "know" happiness if it doesn't sometimes dip into unhappiness, unrest or some such. Same with contentment. You can only know you were content/happy if discontent, unhappiness, come your way. Likewise, you can feel when balance (whatever one's is) has been restored.

Starman
07-04-2017, 07:08 PM
It is possible to be happy all the time; there are babies and little kids who are happy all the time and adults can be that way also. True happiness goes beyond our moods and is not dependent on external situations. The thing is most people think they need a reason to be happy or sad, etc., when we really do not need a reason to be happy. I am most happy when I am at peace with myself and I am almost always at peace with myself.

It is not about being happy every moment rather it is about living in the moment and not being concerned about what is going to happen next. If you truly live in the moment you will find that the moment is eternal; those who do not live in the moment think of it as a series of moments but actually it is just one continuous moment which lasts your entire life here on Earth no matter how long you may live here on Earth.

We are born, grow into adulthood, eat, sleep, die, etc., all in one cosmic moment; have you ever noticed that it is always NOW? That now is the only thing there is; the world turns and we call it a "day" and most people live their lives by what the clock or calendar says, but if you quiet your mind and slow yourself down you can actually see the eternal moment. Eckhart Tolle was correct about the power of now. The concept of time has a lot to do with the roller coaster ride which we often experience. In a mental health crisis therapists usually try to slow the person down and get them to be in the moment.:smile:

7luminaries
07-04-2017, 07:15 PM
I find that it is difficult to stay in one mood all the time but it is possible to reach a state of equilibrium where you are neither happy nor sad but just fine.

Agreed. I distrust the whole idea of being or seeking to be in a perpetual state of bliss. That's what hedonism promises in a base way, and so do drugs or anything that activates the dopamine pleasure centres. It's what many seek via spirituality...another form of escapism or hedonism, LOL...

I say just be and do from centre and let the labels and any and all of the requisite or desired or preferred states of being fall away. It's not all about seeking our bliss as seeking our truth. Truth is beauty is bliss...it will all work itself out from the centre.

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

CrystalSong
07-04-2017, 08:58 PM
In my experience happiness is a fleeting moment, "I got a gift!!!! And Old Friend contacted me!!!!! The Flowers are Blooming and smell Heavenly!!! I'm getting married!,'Having a Baby!!"
But it passes in a few minutes, hours or days, maybe weeks as it unsustainable as a constant state of being. However other states do seem to be sustainable, sort of a datum line, the place we return to after experiencing sorrow, happiness, and so on. For me that state which abides under everything is Peace. Peace is a very good thing, to me it is a good base to experience other emotions from and to return to.

Others who know me say it is Happiness, perhaps it is - in a way it is, because I no longer battle with myself nor am divided against myself. All aspects of self are on the same team now, so there is Peace inside this vessel.
Perhaps it is the lack of battle which looks like Happiness when seen by others?

Starman
08-04-2017, 05:32 AM
Everyone has their own perspective but I do not think happiness is fleeting rather I see people chasing happiness; and it starts at a young age with a kid thinking they will be happy if they had a certain toy, and then “I’ll be happy when I finish high school,” I’ll be happy when I get my college degree, I’ll be happy when we get married, or I’ll be happy when we get a divorce, I’ll be happy when the baby is born, I’ll be happy when the kids grow up and leave home, and so forth. Happiness is an inside job; it is an attitude not based on external situations. The Pollyanna character is an example of this, or more to real life, Anne Frank who went through hell during World War II and remained cheerful and optimistic in spite of the horrors she experienced. Happiness is a choice which we can make or choose consciously, or unconsciously, not to make. Victor Frankl is another example, who was in a concentration camp during World War II and he decided to search for meaning in his situation instead of just suffer from it. Although happiness does mean different things to different people.

Baile
08-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Happiness is a choice which we can make or choose consciously, or unconsciously, not to make.Bingo! Simple as that. Soul joy is what I call it. Comes about via recognition/working with higher self consciousness.

Visitor
08-04-2017, 12:00 PM
All its saying all the time, tao te ching etc is life goes up and down does this mean you cant be happy allways?
Accept, accept, accept, is the key to maintaining gratitude.
If one is unhappy, or ungrateful, then there is some person, place, thing, or situation that is not being accepted.
As soon as it is accepted the issue disappears because it is no longer an issue.
From this freedom one become grateful, or happy.

The moment of unhappiness is as long as it takes for it to be accepted.
Seeing the truth in what is not being accepted creates acceptance.

august2803
08-04-2017, 12:19 PM
awesome that was what i needed, i saw the whole world in me, but was still stuck with up and down, but now i understand the default state is love and joy, god how much false info there is , at least in my persoective:) lol rhanks!!

ajay00
15-04-2017, 05:18 PM

As long as one lives on the level of the mind and not Awareness, one is bound to the pair of opposites.

Hence happiness is bound to exist alongside its opposite unhappiness.

However bliss which comes with Awareness or total love, has no such opposite.

Happiness is attained out of sensory pleasures, which is followed by misery in the long run due to saturation or separation from the sense-object.

Since bliss comes from within and not without, it is not influenced by external circumstances and situations which are ever-changing.

Hence I would say that one cannot be happy always, but one can certainly be blissful and peaceful always.

vespa68
15-04-2017, 08:31 PM
It depends on why we chose to incarnate and what we need to learn about ourselves through our reactions. This often comes from deeper place that our higher self shows us. We do not control this unless we have done the inner work and have gone extremely high in consciousness. It is through emotions that we learn who we are. In other words we are here to learn through our reactions to our world to know who we are at a deeper level. Having said that some people don't seem to have much emotion in them and may not react much to life.

Inika
15-04-2017, 10:52 PM
You can always choose to be happy. life is always going to throw you an ahole situation now and then to challenge your choice. mastering this is a strong will. Have not met anyone that can. makes me think of the tarot card strength.

naturesflow
15-04-2017, 11:52 PM

Being centred means your aware of your own true nature that doesn't have to be attached to the movements of up and down, more move with them, because your balanced and able to hold yourself grounded to do so..I don't name what my grounded sense of being is, it is just being itself, the feeling if I were to express what that feels like, is sedate/still/present/calm/centred.. It just is. When I am centred there is more opportunities for me to remain in loving, joyful, peaceful presence. Knowing all sides in yourself as Lorelyen mentioned is how we find balance and naturally be more in harmony of being. So for me I don't say I am happy all the time in life, more centred and balanced to allow myself to feel and express whatever I feel, in joy of being and knowing I don't attach anymore to what moves in and around me.

Rozie
16-04-2017, 12:23 AM
No.

It isn't something I can do.

Maybe you can but I don't see how. Tragedies do occur and there is no way to avoid human suffering. Everybody will suffer through the death of a loved one at some time. You do have to take a short break from the joy to mourn your losses.

People have different settings of general happiness. Something might happen to change your circumstances and you could be really happy or unhappy because of that but you will adjust back to your natural setting.

This is a psychological thing. I imagine you can find a way to turn up your volume somehow and that would be helpful.