PDA

View Full Version : Pendulum question from a newbie!

Seawolf
29-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to using a pendulum. When I first started, it moved really well and gave the right answer to basic questions like is it raining outside, it is Wednesday, is my name <blank> , etc.

That made me excited so I decided to try something else. I wrote numbers on little pieces of paper and turned them over so I couldn't see the numbers. Then I mixed them up, then used the pendulum to find a specific number. It didn't work.

I held the pendulum over each piece of paper and asked if the number 2(for example) was written on the other side. I did this for each piece of paper. One of them would have a response of 'yes', and the rest 'no.

But when I turned it over, it wasn't the one with the number 2 on it. I tried this several times and couldn't get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks!

Reincar-Nation
30-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Hi there, yeah been there done that, still getting it right some days but I think I can help you out.
The first questions you answered were obviously ones that you already knew the answer to, if you know (or even think you know) the answer to the question, this will definitly influence the answer. The key to asking questions and getting good answers is to completely empty your head of expectations as to the answers.
Another thing, and its just a theory of mine so feel free anyone who wants to chime in, is that if you ask something mundane like asking for the number on a piece of paper, there is no spiritual impetus, no desire by the universe to give you a correct answer, because what is the benefit to be had by finding out the answer?? Nothing at all, apart from feeling good about getting one right. When you ask something deep and meaningful, with an open mindset and a real yearning for guidance and understanding, there is this kind of 'spiritual voltage' generated, or like a spiritual vacuum forms and needs an answer to fill it. So the universe says 'good question' and helps you out.
Try this one, I have at times written some really important questions down on pieces of paper, as many as you like but often 5 or 6. Try to phrase them in such a way that you might expect (theres that word I dont like) an even split of yes/no answers. Do that so that you arent expecting to see all YES answers, or all NO answers - so expectation is less of an influence. Put these papers in envelopes, or somehow make them unidentifiable and shuffle them about so you dont know which one is which, and lay them out in front of you. Really important to keep a clear empty head for the next part and lose those expectations, just look at the pendulum and its motion.
Ask over the top of each of the envelopes one at a time (or whatever means you are using to conceal the questions) what the answer to the question is, wether it is yes or no. Write down the answer on the envelope, also any feelings you notice, is it a big bold YES, is it kind of a half hearted NO, does it swing in a different direction entirely?!?! When you are done, if you dare, check how your questions were answered. This has proven really accurate for me, some answers I received I swore were wrong and it must have 'been broken' - except that they later proved to be correct, I cant think that it has ever failed, but I havnt done it very often.

Jimi Hendrix - legendary stuff..........

Seawolf
30-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the great information! I'll try that technique, it sounds like it will work much better.

Lynn
01-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Hello

I never use anything but the energy itself to ask a question.

I start the same way all the time with one. I first ask it to show me "Yes" and show me "No" in direction of swing.

Then I ask it "are you ready and willing to work with me now" at times I get a "no" and I then put it down.

When asking a question make sure its simply put forth and that its truly something that can be answered.

Example "is the Sun shinning" the reply even if its pouring down in rain outside can be "yes" as it is in the sky and it is shinning still. So the reply can seem wrong.

Too not all will work for us as the energy does not maybe match or call to us. I bought one for my husband and gave it to him to have it lay still. It would not move at all for him. So I asked if it was for him "no" was it for me "yes" did it like him "no" did it like me "yes" would it work for him "no" would it work for me "yes". So while I got it for him it bonded to me to work for him via me.

Lynn

Patrycia-Rose
02-04-2017, 09:54 AM
I've done similar experiments but as Lynn says, if it's a test with no foundation, it doesn't always work. I can remember years ago getting three downturned cups with a grape underneath one and changing the order quickly enough so I didn't know which one the grape was under. Three times in a row I dowsed for the grape and got it right, and then it suddenly stopped working. It's as though the energy behind it has said "OK, I've had enough of doing this."

I no longer do this type of experiment. Also I would say asking questions such as the weather, my name etc and then moving to the above sort of experiment is a pretty big leap. Maybe you could start with dowsing your own nutritional requirements e.g "would I benefit from vitamin C at the moment", "do I need magnesium at the moment."

I've been dowsing for 25 years or so, I know my yes, no and maybe swings and don't need to clarify everytime I use my pendulum. Also I have an additional swing for "rephrase the question." You have to be very careful with how you ask a question and ensure you're not asking two questions!

Reincar-Nation
06-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Excellent point Patrycia, the questions do seem to be taken very literally so you have to be really clear cut and unambiguous. I do a lot of technical writing for work where you need to provide highly detailed explanations of technical 'stuff' so having that background definitely helps in phrasing questions. Once I did an experiment along a local river that was dry at the time, I asked 'how many paces until I find an object that was lost by someone', when I paced it out I came right to the point where sat a lost skateboard in the river bank! Tried it again straight away, but like you say the energy wasnt there and it didnt work again...