PDA

View Full Version : Our On Line World - Our Pressnce

Lynn
13-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Hello

With the recent notification of a dear member here passing I could not help but pause to ponder that place of “not knowing” what happened to them.

I wanted to share what it feels like to “know” someone is passed but not to “know” someone has passed. Now I know you read that and went OK makes no sense. As a Medium there is a connection that we have that is outside the normal getting that “phone call” place of being. Too we can at times be wrong in what energy we feel. There are times when someone is just so far down that they can read to us as “passed”. This is why we like everyone out there needs to have that confirmation that call that E Mail that notification that confirms passing.

We walk on an on line World with our fingers on the keys and in that we hide a part of ourselves away. We forget that the bonds that we form on line are as strong and as important as the one’s we form face to face with someone. Yet a part of us still hides. It is in this time of being on line is so hard when that contact is lost and the living person is left to wonder what happened. Not to be notified by someone that you have lost a friend is a hard place to be at in life.

We are on line creatures and in that we are private creatures but too we have to remember that we are that human being as well that has a beating heart full of emotions. I feel at times that part of us can be lost on line. We do not share our personal information (and in part this keeps us safe as not all on line contacts are safe contacts), but too we let others into our lives. Those that will miss us and care to know that something has happened.

I want one’s to know that even if you’re just on line you still matter more than you might think you do. If your ill and maybe even facing death, please let someone in so that others can notify your friends. To not know is the hardest place to be in.

What are your feelings about our on line World.

Lynn

naturesflow
13-03-2017, 09:12 PM
People have real lives one with online, so regardless of deeper connections forming, real life matters are often where the crunch of living comes into being. Online is a provides a foundation of connection and awareness, relationships and support, but ultimately real life is where you live all this. When the keyboard goes to sleep, the reality of life kicks in. How you turn to that space of family and friends, neighbours and your world around you is what is important from all this.

WE live with the known and unknown of life everyday of our lives. We choose our spaces to create and share in, both online and in real life. Online serves to connect people, to support people, to allow people to create. How you manage that is your own personal balance of living and being.

Loss is loss, grief is grief. It is a part of life online or not online.

In the end we can focus on why people die, or focus more on the connection formed and built. To me regardless of reasons of death, it doesn't change what was or can be right now from the connection if it was close or not close.

Life is about letting go in so many ways of letting go. Online teaches us some valuable lessons in all life matters, if we are open to notice and take in.

I personally don't have to know why someone died to know them. For some it simply brings closure to their grief and feelings in some way. It seems to be part of human need in this way. The process of knowing them is more important to me as a life, we cannot change death and its timing. If I was blessed to spend time and get to know them alive, remembering that time spent together, that is the knowing, that is the connection that never leaves..What I give to the relationship and how I nurture it while living. I connect and build on the connections as my heart leads me, What comes to me is what is important to me. How I manage and deal with all life moving through my space is what I make it in each moment and how I manage that is what I can give and be in that way. In the balance of living and being in this world, we do our best with what we have and can do.

Life is what I make it to be.

bluebird21
13-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Hi Lynn, who passed? Can you let us know?

I generally find online forums unfulfilling, always leaving me still longing for connection. Connection is one of the most fundamental human needs and no matter how supportive and friendly people are online, communicating behind computer screens doesn't do it for me. Xo

naturesflow
13-03-2017, 09:28 PM

I generally find online forums unfulfilling, always leaving me still longing for connection. Connection is one of the most fundamental human needs and no matter how supportive and friendly people are online, communicating behind computer screens doesn't do it for me. Xo

Connection can be built anywhere if your allowing it too build it as you. Where you then take yourself into the world whether online or off line speaks more about you as the connection in this way. I have formed many wonderful connections online, but most go off to their real lives eventually. Like real life, those that remain have turned into a deeper connection and you maintain that by giving it your presence if you care and can do so. So really online or real life serves much the same as I see it. Just distance can be an issue with online more regular relationships. Where as real life, you can call a friend and meet up rather quickly face to face whicb is what I prefer as my deeper relationships because all of me is there and present in body.

bluebird21
13-03-2017, 09:50 PM
I've formed wonderful connections too here. I'm just an in person kind of person, touch and looking into eyes are important for me when it comes to connection.

Clover
13-03-2017, 11:18 PM
I want one’s to know that even if you’re just on line you still matter more than you might think you do. If your ill and maybe even facing death, please let someone in so that others can notify your friends. To not know is the hardest place to be in.

Lynn

The world wide web is not a perfect place and your going to run into all sorts of people, all who are at different levels of awareness. However, I think what forums have done is give people around the world the opportunity to network and come together on a larger scale. I think there are a lot of people who don't have large extended families, or people who have moved over seas or out of their comfort zone that seek a sense of support, and I am happy that these kind of forums can provide that. I know people on here come to escape the politics and battles in their counties or Woman who lack solidarity in their home towns, they can find relief or close friendships here that provide a sense of home and community. Myself, I know I met a lot of people on here ( both men and women) that supported me through dark and challenging times, and many times it doesn't include discussing deep issues, it was the little things, Like Adriennes thread, "what are you thinking about" or a Morning thread or our chat rooms were we sometimes discuss absolutely nothing, but its those nothings that can mean a whole lot to someone who is alone and does not have family or friends.

Again, its not a perfect system, it entails a lot of different kinds of people, cultures and personalities trying to comprehend each other's writing style and way of thinking, on the same token, these interactions can provide a safe haven and an support system. I actually find sometimes the emotions online are greater than those in our real life interactions.
That saying, you do matter.

Lynn
14-03-2017, 01:16 AM

Hello

We lost Adrienne a long time member here and a member of the SF Team of Staff. I knew here since 2007 here.

Lynn

Lynn
14-03-2017, 01:18 AM
Hello

Maybe I am just new to all this technology as I just got a cell phone a couple of months ago talk about a learning curve its a freaking mini lap top. I never got on line til I came to SF in 2006 that was my first connection to a computer.

Lynn

Moonglow
14-03-2017, 01:32 AM
Hello

With the recent notification of a dear member here passing I could not help but pause to ponder that place of “not knowing” what happened to them.

I wanted to share what it feels like to “know” someone is passed but not to “know” someone has passed. Now I know you read that and went OK makes no sense. As a Medium there is a connection that we have that is outside the normal getting that “phone call” place of being. Too we can at times be wrong in what energy we feel. There are times when someone is just so far down that they can read to us as “passed”. This is why we like everyone out there needs to have that confirmation that call that E Mail that notification that confirms passing.

We walk on an on line World with our fingers on the keys and in that we hide a part of ourselves away. We forget that the bonds that we form on line are as strong and as important as the one’s we form face to face with someone. Yet a part of us still hides. It is in this time of being on line is so hard when that contact is lost and the living person is left to wonder what happened. Not to be notified by someone that you have lost a friend is a hard place to be at in life.

We are on line creatures and in that we are private creatures but too we have to remember that we are that human being as well that has a beating heart full of emotions. I feel at times that part of us can be lost on line. We do not share our personal information (and in part this keeps us safe as not all on line contacts are safe contacts), but too we let others into our lives. Those that will miss us and care to know that something has happened.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

First thank you for keeping us notified.

I say it often and find this true; One may never know the impact he/she may have on another.

Adrienne was a long time member here and a friend to many.
Which reflects that being on a forum can have its impact on others and bonds are made.

Real people are behind the words and thoughts.
When one leaves or noticed missing, it does bring comfort to those that may wonder or had feelings something went on to receive word as to where or how they are. Even when the word is that he/she has passed on. It brings closure in a way.

Hemera
16-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Im sorry to hear of Adrienne's passing. I agree that connections can be built online, albeit it's a bit different to those in person. However I think the sadness at losing someone can feel just the same for both depending on the strength of the connection as it's experienced. I used to email two people at separate times of my life and formed a very deep connection. I never met either in person but I cared about them deeply and would've been heartbroken if I found out they had died. They each mattered hugely to me.

not sure why, but it makes me think about the therapy relationship and how that is set apart from everyday interactions as well, even though it's conducted face to face (usually). I know someone whose client suddenly died and they felt even worse because they couldn't find closure in the 'normal' way since all they had was a brief call from a family member. The connection was real, but at the same time it was something the therapist felt very alone with.

Two dfferent scenerios, but at the same time they are similar, as it's about the fact connection matters even if it's not found in the everyday arena. It's natural to miss someone in whatever form we connected with them. It's still sad.