PDA

View Full Version : Fear in the astral plane

Firestarter
15-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Is there any danger on the astral plane?

Can the astral body be destroyed?

Can it be tortured? Can it be forced to suffer an external force?

Can one astral body kill another?

Is there a reason for fear?

Shabda
15-02-2011, 10:21 PM
no...even if any of your examples were true, why fear?

Firestarter
15-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I guess I was wondering if the astral body could be destroyed or damaged during projection, and, if so, what this would do to the physical body?

Shabda
15-02-2011, 11:13 PM
it cant be, no trouble...

Medium_Laura
15-02-2011, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=Firestarter]Is there any danger on the astral plane? only if you believe there is. Fear will attract negative energy

Can the astral body be destroyed?Nope, it has no "matter". It is light.

Can it be tortured? Can it be forced to suffer an external force?Same as the above

Can one astral body kill another? Same as the above

Is there a reason for fear?You astral probably every single night that you sleep. If you woke up this morning... then the answer is no. You already do it... you just don't realize you do! :)

Alan
16-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Is there any danger on the astral plane? Only if you want there to be.

Can the astral body be destroyed? No.

Can it be tortured? Can it be forced to suffer an external force? Yes, but this is insignificant since you can teleport or return to your body in less than a second.

Can one astral body kill another? No.

Is there a reason for fear? No.

Firestarter
17-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Medium_Laura, what does negative energy do?

Medium_Laura
17-02-2011, 05:05 PM
negative attracts negative. So if you feel you will run into these bad entities, you will. :) So just don't consider it :)

Sangress
17-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Is there any danger on the astral plane?

Yes. It's no more or less dangerous than here.

Can the astral body be destroyed?
No.

Can it be tortured? Can it be forced to suffer an external force?

Yes. Yes. Though in normal situations people have a "snap" reflex where the non-physical self gets "snapped" back into the body immediately when there is a threat. But of course some people and beings are able to manipulate that reflex for their own personal gain, takes a heap of skill to do properly though. (I would know, I do it on a regular basis.)

Can one astral body kill another?
Not "kill" in the literal sense, and it's by no means a permanent thing either. (An hour without a non-physical form is the average time, seems like forever though)

Is there a reason for fear?
There is a reason if you're insecure enough to be fearful, and then ignorant enough to go ahead with astral projection while you are fearful.

(We all know predators and prey alike can and do smell fear a mile away. As above, so below.)

I guess I was wondering if the astral body could be destroyed or damaged during projection, and, if so, what this would do to the physical body?
Most people have a great healing reflex, but in some very rare instances metaphysical damage can effect the physical body for an extended period of time before healing.

In even rarer instances I've seen a couple of people sustain physical injuries which reflect the metaphysical damage they are misfortunate enough to sustain....but that involves a whole lot more than just astral projection, and some very specific circumstances. Nothing to consciously consider unless you know you've really angered someone or something and given them a reason to harm you in that way.

I have yet to see someone physically die for reasons that are specifically related to an attack during Astral projection.

However, I have watched an elderly man cut the chords to his body during astral projection on one occasion in which he deliberately "passed over." It was all planned beforehand though, so it's not a typical scenario.

negative attracts negative. So if you feel you will run into these bad entities, you will. :) So just don't consider it :)
Yeh, Negative attracts Negative...to me, is like having a huge beacon or sign above you saying "I'm weak and unable to defend myself, come get me!" All the nasties sense it, loud and clear. It basically means free food and entertainment...and who in their right mind would pass up an opportunity like that?

Then again, if you were that freaked out (which you shouldn't be) you could just make sure your thoughts and emotions are hidden and don't show up in your aura....which would help a lot. It'd be more difficult to hide it if anyone gets a taste of your energy though, so there's a lot to consider when you want to hide yourself.

papadan
17-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I personally, have never suffered any negative consequences.

Medium_Laura
17-02-2011, 05:51 PM
I personally, have never suffered any negative consequences.

I have not either. I am confident in my protective helpers and I enjoy astral travelling :) Scotland is my favorite :)

Sangress
17-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm just one of those people who attracts conflict and danger....and creates it more often than not.

Lately I pretty much walk into bad situations and take unneeded risks in astral, so I don't blame myself for getting into trouble. Heh.

Firestarter
19-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Thank you Sangress. My question was whether it was possible to get into "trouble" that can't be instantly thought or willed out of. I think that possibility opens up some pretty scary stuff. Unless absolute personal positivity grants absolute immunity. But who is really absolutely positive?

Sangress
19-02-2011, 09:02 PM
My question was whether it was possible to get into "trouble" that can't be instantly thought or willed out of.
If it's possible here, it's possible there.

Everyone can make mistakes and get themselves caught up in a bad situation that can't be avoided.

If you want to stay out of trouble I think the easiest thing to do is to pay attention to everything around you and make sure that you don't offend or harm anyone, and if you do then make it clear that it was an accident...which it should be.

And if it's not an accident...well, then you gotta deal with the consequences of your actions.

Unless absolute personal positivity grants absolute immunity. But who is really absolutely positive?

Unless you want to make the argument that there are completely and utterly "pure" and perfect beings in existence (kinda like the steryotype of angels...without the war against demons or whatever) then no, I am pretty sure that no one is really absolutely positive. I think that everyone has a natural inner balance of negative and positive qualities which show in their actions and thoughts and emotions....etc.

Hmm, I wouldn't say positive thinking makes you immune or automatically safe, it just doesn't give anyone a reason to be irritated/concerned...etc about you because negative thinking = negative emotions, which others can sense. It just attracts less attention, or it attracts good attention.

It follows the rule of "If your nice, then others will be nice in return," and as we all know, some people aren't always nice in return regardless of where you are or who they are (or think they are.)

Personally, I would treat up there like down here. It's essentially the same in a lot of basic ways, only its in another level of existence with some different limitations and extra possibilities.

Hope that makes thing's a little clearer.

I know how annoying it can be to hear all sorts of detailed accounts and then go "well, I haven't been there so that makes absolutely no sense to me." It used to happen to me all the time before I figured out that I was going there, but that, at the time, I couldn't remember a thing about my visits to the other side.