PDA

View Full Version : What Happens After Awakening?

MOLA
24-02-2017, 04:50 AM
Hello.

For those of you that've experienced your awakening, how different do you feel than before awakening?

I ask this because currently I believe I am going through an awakening. I am experiencing all of the symptoms of an awakening and this includes;

- Migraines when I wake up
- Surge of energies late night
- Major difficulty sleeping
- Shift in sleeping cycle
- Feeling like there's two me's inside of my head (split personality)
- Went from extrovert to introvert in about a month
- Could feel myself repressing all kinds of thoughts that I would normally say

Let me tell you, at the time I am creating this thread, I was a different person a month back. I have felt becoming a new person in a span of a month. Whether or not I've changed to become a better person as a result of this awakening depends on your perspective. I've went from a cheerful active guy to a cold, indifferent and analytical guy. I'm just..indifferent to most things going on in life right now. I could feel my senses becoming more and more sharp.

I don't like it. Its creating a lot of discomfort in me, this awakening.

Please share your experiences. :redface:

ribiq
26-02-2017, 04:00 AM
I think life consists of a series of awakenings which are part of one big gradual one; it depends on how you're defining the term "awakening". But if the direction you find yourself moving isn't a positive one from your perspective, then I personally wouldn't call it an awakening, I would more likely think of it as distraction, and work toward remaining focused on what I want my situation to be. There are practices you can do for all of the symptoms you mentioned. If you choose to use it, you have a lot more potential for healing/growth/self-determination than you may think when you're suffering

Patrycia-Rose
26-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Hello Mola

I've been going through an awakening since last April - I've only just figured out what's been going on since this Friday night. You might be interested in this thread (particularly the last post I made)

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111120

sky
26-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Hello Mola

I've been going through an awakening since last April - I've only just figured out what's been going on since this Friday night. You might be interested in this thread (particularly the last post I made)

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111120

My understanding of awakening/enlightenment is when you realize there is no ' I ' to be awakened/enlightened.

sunnyray
26-02-2017, 11:02 AM
As they say in Zen: "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

sky
26-02-2017, 11:43 AM
As they say in Zen: "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

Exactly :D

Carnate
05-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Love the quote.

I think the term awakening is different for each person. I'm (hopefully) going through something of an unblocking at the moment. But I'm not sure I'd call this a true awakening, or I might if the context of the conversation allowed it. I'm hearing thoughts again, seeing auras, astral travelling, receiving messages from my higher self, and starting to view the world with more than my physical senses.

(long winded side note..)
I'd argue that an awakening or enlightenment (in its truest sense) is mastering the physical world. In such a way that the physical world no longer constrains you in any way. As a mundane explanation, this means you can manifest instantly anything you want within the physical world; whether it's clothing, housing, food, etc. Along with all the normal psychic skills that you'd expect of an ascended master; telepathy, teleportation, healing, etc.

It's not surprising that few people would have a similar view; it's a bit of a stretch of the imagination to believe such things are possible.

I think people like to use the term because it allows them to feel better about the progress they've made; which is very often a positive experience and one that deserves recognition. It's also a useful term to explain their experiences where few alternative terms are available.

And back to the question.. I don't feel any different. I'm still 'me' and I still chop wood and carry water.

shiningstars
05-03-2017, 04:40 PM
The Meaning of the Buddha's Awakening: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/awakening.html

Meister Eckhart:

“As long as I am this or that, I am not all things.”
“The most powerful prayer, one well-nigh omnipotent, and the worthiest work of all is the outcome of a quiet mind. The quieter it is the more powerful, the worthier, the deeper, the more telling and more perfect the prayer is. To the quiet mind all things are possible. What is a quiet mind? A quiet mind is one which nothing weighs on, nothing worries, which, free from ties and from all self-seeking, is wholly merged into the will of God and dead to its own.”
“All God wants of man is a peaceful heart.”

shiningstars

Jyotir
05-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Hello.

For those of you that've experienced your awakening, how different do you feel than before awakening?

I ask this because currently I believe I am going through an awakening. I am experiencing all of the symptoms of an awakening and this includes;

Let me tell you, at the time I am creating this thread, I was a different person a month back. I have felt becoming a new person in a span of a month. Whether or not I've changed to become a better person as a result of this awakening depends on your perspective. I've went from a cheerful active guy to a cold, indifferent and analytical guy. I'm just..indifferent to most things going on in life right now. I could feel my senses becoming more and more sharp.

Hi MOLA,

Just suggesting here that it's probably wise to dismiss these popular New-Age lists of 'honorable' symptoms, due to the fact that everyone is unique and experiences awakening differently, at least superficially. Why pay attention to these surface manifestations which are symptoms of deeper underlying dynamics? Look at the causes - and then respond to that.

In the generic sense, awakening is the particular point or 'phase' in the general evolution in which an individual 'wakes up' and becomes conscious of a means and purpose, of a potential and a possibility of life that was previously a veiled, as unconscious and rudimentary long-term preparation - which has now become, or has an infinitely greater chance accordingly, of becoming direct, deliberate, accelerated and concentrated towards that now 'awakened' e.g. seen-as-possible purpose....realization of True Self.

Likewise, a generic 'enlightenment' is always taking place within a general evolution - the emergence of Spirit out of a Cosmic Inconscience, however in a special case of the term, we use it to signify either an incremental instance of a distinct new awareness in human life - or, it also signifies the monumental event of a permanent realization of True Self, a re-birth into Gnosis or Truth Consciousness.

Some people like to use 'awakening' and 'enlightenment' interchangeably and that's fine. But this is the way that works for my practical understanding and usage.

The reason awakening can be uncomfortable is because it is an initiation in which new energy is acquired - or rather the being is acquired by that force - and then has to learn to work with it. So the beginning is often a rough ride.

For people who are old enough to have sufficient hindsight about puberty, perhaps they can see some parallels.

We often hear the time-worn cliché about 'chopping wood and carrying water', which it seems, while perhaps obligatory in these discussions, isn't of much practical use. It just means: whatever your 'status' - work is unavoidable while in the physical.

~ J

shiningstars
05-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Thanks very much, Jyotir.

shiningstars

Uma
05-03-2017, 11:53 PM
As souls our bodies are made of finer stuff than the physical body. Astral energy and within that energy-in-potential, the causal layer. And these form the ego. These are projected from a Source that is pure consciousness.

Spiritual awakening is about penetrating these layers and realizing our true being as pure Consciousness. Consciousness awakening always follows a spiritual energy experience.

The kind of spiritual experiences we have depend on what we've done in the past, what exists in the causal layer.

In the meantime there are all kinds of stages and all kinds of stuff we experience on energetic levels - affecting mind and body.

Some of us are just more sensitive to psychic energies coming from the outside as well.

And sometimes it's a brain issue (chemistry).

*Neo*
07-03-2017, 09:43 AM
This is an interesting topic. Anyway, I have chronic tinnitus which some say is some kind of new age channel or super high way of celestial "data". hmm, I don't about that. It just is. ;)
I enjoyed reading this thread because I've come over from another forum where the object is to pretty much brute force "enlightenment" or "no-self" as a part of a self-improvement cause.
What has happened on that forum however, is most people have turned to psychedelics and similar drugs and I'm simply not interested in it, so I've stopped posting there.
I am working on meditation at the moment and despite working long hours and tiredness I had some dramatic initial results which really urges me to keep going with it. But really I'm just starting out.

Hemera
07-03-2017, 04:57 PM
My awakening started a few years ago. I could sense energy and had some quite interesting experiences. At that time I was pretty entrenched in certain spiritual viewpoints. As time has gone on, I've found myself detaching from belief systems that I once held really dear. I read somewhere that awakening is about realising there's no one to awaken, and I relate to that now. It is hard to put it into words, but I now understand more what the emptiness in Buddhist philopsophy means. Those experiences I had, and to some extent still have, were/are really important, but beliefs around them aren't. I don't attach to them nor to the idea of awakening really, I just know it is happening and let it happen through me.

shiningstars
07-03-2017, 08:59 PM
It is hard to put it into words, but I now understand more what the emptiness in Buddhist philopsophy means. Those experiences I had, and to some extent still have, were/are really important, but beliefs around them aren't. I don't attach to them nor to the idea of awakening really, I just know it is happening and let it happen through me.

:hug2:

shiningstars

no1wakesup
07-03-2017, 11:03 PM
I would love someone here to express what they believe it is to awaken. I'm not looking for physical "symptoms" in the body and what not... tell me what it is... what wakes up?

*Neo*
07-03-2017, 11:05 PM
no1wakesup ... let's hope we find out one day, but isn't it more re-birth? I mean let's not get caught up in semantics hey?

no1wakesup
07-03-2017, 11:46 PM
no1wakesup ... let's hope we find out one day, but isn't it more re-birth? I mean let's not get caught up in semantics hey?

Looking at what is essential..

If you can define it and still assume some one there as a receiver, then is simply more duality. No symantics anywhere.

Hey!?

rawfoodftw
08-03-2017, 01:10 AM
We are awakening to the realization that we are one. My desires are your desires and yours are mine. Once you understand the laws of this world you see the perfect symmetry in all things - the suffering is a necessity because of the ignorance that plagues us. There are those that hang on to deception, some more strongly than others. It is my desire to enlighten us so it will happen as quickly as we want this.

jimrich
08-03-2017, 01:46 AM
OK, here's my latest experience. I am OK now. Life is OK, just as it is and I (something unknown) am OK. Intellectually, I get it that all there is is what's happening (here and now) and what's happening is OKness or Acceptance of "what is". I have had a few "exotic" awakenings that did not last but this OKness or Acceptance seems permanent. I am pretty sure I will be and always was OK (meaning acceptable or good enough) and that all I need do is NOTHING - just relax and allow my self and the rest of what is happening to be OK - just as it is. My old mind or self would say that certain things are NOT OK here. There's war, hate, murder, torture, cruelty, sadism, pain, misery, etc. etc. so to say everything is OK is quite a leap but it's TRUE - I just can't explain or understand any of the horrible stuff for now.
My latest teacher is Natalie Gray who speaks of the Absolute and how it is and does everything so look her up.......www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDREx6LARN0

I am experiencing all of the symptoms of an awakening and this includes;

Natalie will say that the Absolute, in the form of you, Mola, is having and doing all of that "awakening" & experiences. You are, have always been and always will be the Absolute appearing as Mola and all there is in creation! And that is why this is all OK............ :smile:

Lorelyen
08-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Hello.

I never had physical symptoms that I can recall. Sure, I look back on a very different person from when it all started but it's been a continuous growing so there was no one leap about which I could say, "Yeah, that's when it suddenly changed." Having a few years behind me, though, I wouldn't expect to be the same as, say, my remote past.

There have been too many "suddenlys" to count, some small, some large, but they've all added up to my current state. Certainly there were discomforting moments, fears to overcome (and not all have so I suspect there's something biological behind them), doubts, delusions to destroy and a few sacred cows to kill. All part of finding Selfhood.