PDA

View Full Version : I don't feel like I belong in this world.

Felix1998
05-02-2017, 08:20 PM
This world feels bland to me.

I find myself drowning myself in music, art and philosophy.
These things are the only things that make me feel real. The rest of life just seems so... trivial.

I feel like my mind doesn't quite fit inside my head.

Maybe some of you feel the same way.

Felix

shivatar
05-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Sounds like you are experiencing some low power depression.

sky
05-02-2017, 08:49 PM

These things are the only things that make me feel real. The rest of life just seems so... trivial.

Felix

Why do you think your mind is inside your head ?

shivatar
05-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Why do you think your mind is inside your head ?

maybe because brain damage affects our ability to think clearly? lol

The mind is probably within the pre-frontal cortex.

If that's not the mind, if the mind exists outside of us, then the pre-frontal cortex is the machinery that allows the mind to enter our brain and work with it.

Ghost_Rider_1970
05-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Could it be that you relate to your ego - your 'I'?

As while intellectually we can appreciate we are more than our individuality, only when we come to truly believe that we don't come into the world but come from it do we truly feel connected. Not just to the everything around us, but to the entire universe. :smile:

Felix1998
05-02-2017, 09:36 PM
What's a "low power depression"?

I'm not depressed. I've just noticed that I feel better when I feel like I'm "part of the whole" as i stated in my previous post.

I guess you could say that I suffer from 'bi-polar existentialism'.
One moment i feel sober sense of reality, in the here and now. Other times I feel like part of the universe and not really belonging in my body.

mihael_11
05-02-2017, 09:46 PM
You do belong, since you are here. Why wouldn't you?

Maybe there are just situations that you don't belong into, but generally, you do.

I felt the some way, for quite some time, but when you accept bigger picture, you got to open yourself for other possibilities, what your life could be all about, you can see other options, don't be too intelectual about everything.

What is lacking, what is it, that doesn't fit. Ask yourself, don't be afraid.

shivatar
05-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Depression exists on a spectrum. Suicidal depression is at one far end, the deep end. At the lighter end of the spectrum there is the weak form of depression. A weak form of depression is mostly physical, instead of feeling constantly beaten up by negative thoughts (which is an indicator of a very powerful depression) we simply feel low energy and a lack of desire to do the things we normally enjoy.

A low power depression is like "oh wow, it's rainy today, I feel low energy, dont feel like doing anything, not even the chores". A person with low power depression might actually feel positive emotions, although much less intense than they normally would.
A powerful depression is like, "THE WORLD IS ENDING, I FEEL SO ROTTEN INSIDE, I AM WORTHLESS, DEATH IS BETTER THAN THIS, I WANT TO HURT MYSELF INSTEAD OF JUST LAYING HERE".

Felix1998
05-02-2017, 09:54 PM
aha!
thanks for clearing that up!

shivatar
05-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Bi-polar exsitenstialism...

Sounds like you are using the knowledge of "i am everything" in the way a person uses a drug. You recognize that in feeling "I am everything" you are everything you ever dreamed of, you feel a profound sense of ecstacy, stronger than drugs. But when you begin to recognize you are everything you hate as well you fall out of it.

The bi polar-ness comes because your ego is searching for an ego boost in the form of recognizing you are a part of everything else.

If you weren't seeking to stoke your ego you wouldn't feel much different than you do now once you realize you are a part of everything.
"so I am everything I admire in the world... ok, I am everything I hate too... soooo whats the point".

it's just like "oh yeah, I am everything, but so what. So is everyone else"

Miss Hepburn
06-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Felix, my dear...you do not belong here...and neither do I ...
we are from a different place , but need to learn something this place
has to offer us.
Let's learn it...and make the best of it!
:thumbsup:

xo

Niorien
06-02-2017, 02:05 AM
I feel that way, always have. This world terrifies me. I had a reading done yesterday with a reputable psychic, and when I told her I usually feel like I'm from another planet she chuckled and said, "Well yeah, you're from Sirius. You're a Sirian!"
I had no idea what that meant, but what little I've read about it really resonates with me. Maybe you're not from around here either.

- Nio

Shivani Devi
06-02-2017, 02:32 AM
I have worked out that nobody really belongs in this world, so I feel right at home.

Baile
06-02-2017, 02:36 AM
This world feels bland to me.Technology is killing peoples' happiness. We're turning into a society of electronic zombies. Ditch your cell phone, computer, and the rest. Start doing things in nature, canoeing, kayaking, climbing, biking. A whole world exists out there; it is far from bland, it is a magnificent gift of spiritual creation. Rather, it's you who are making your life bland as a result of your lifestyle choices. Take responsibility, and make your world a great adventure.

sky
06-02-2017, 07:02 AM
maybe because brain damage affects our ability to think clearly? lol

The mind is probably within the pre-frontal cortex.

If that's not the mind, if the mind exists outside of us, then the pre-frontal cortex is the machinery that allows the mind to enter our brain and work with it.

I think the mind is outside our physical structure but the brain is the decoder. I was wondering if Felix has realised this when he said that he felt it didn't fit inside his head...

sky
06-02-2017, 07:07 AM
I have worked out that nobody really belongs in this world, so I feel right at home.

Everything is ' Cause and effect ' it is as it should be. I belong to this world, I am this world, at least for the time being :smile:

Lorelyen
06-02-2017, 07:08 AM

Felix

Absolutely right. I tend to Corbusier's view of a house except expanded to
take in the physical universe: It's a machine for living.

It's perfectly ok to bridge your being to the physical world
through awareness and exploration of the senses - and cogitate on their
relevance to you.

Take no notice of anyone claiming it's some degree of depression.
Your reality is as valid as anyone else's - created through your sense experiences
rather than reflections of objects and phenomena (in themselves) around you.

Sincerely, I understand. I don't know if that's the response you wanted.

:smile:

Greenslade
06-02-2017, 08:21 AM
What's a "low power depression"?

I'm not depressed. I've just noticed that I feel better when I feel like I'm "part of the whole" as i stated in my previous post.

I guess you could say that I suffer from 'bi-polar existentialism'.
One moment i feel sober sense of reality, in the here and now. Other times I feel like part of the universe and not really belonging in my body.No, you're not depressed and the 'bi-polar existentialism' is one way of putting it. I've been that way pretty much all my Life so I'm used to it by now but it's been stronger of late, I had some weird experiences a while back that took it to a whole new level. Not only do I feel I'm not 'in my body' but at one stage it felt as though my consciousness was randomly 'beamed in' to this shell. Sometimes there's the feeling that I belong in an alternate timeline and that the events around me aren't supposed to be happening. Very much The Stranger in a Strange Land, the book was about a Martian.

I'm an Old Soul and apparently they don't fully integrate into this dimension, whether that's true or not it certainly feels that way.

shoni7510
06-02-2017, 09:01 AM

Felix
Maybe you are awakening to the fact that you are not just the physical body but you are a soul that comes from somewhere and it is going back there. Your mind is a spiritual being and it exists within you while the brains or your head is the CPU. Music is good for the soul and the mind so continue playing it to your heart's content and good luck with everything.

Brucely
11-02-2017, 05:03 AM
Welcome home, many of us here feel this way. Were not the party types, we dont follow the crowds, we seek more than whats at the surface.

naturesflow
11-02-2017, 06:22 AM

Felix

The immersion into creative spaces like you mention simply moves us more into the space of deeper resonation to our true creative nature. Life is what it is, the creative process of you expressing and being ok to be in this world sometimes requires some deeper self enquiry as to what is moving in you and what can move in you more open to be in the world but not of it.

When the mind is at peace, it gets on with its own piece in the way it sees and feels it can. When the mind is doesn't fit it can signal that you can lose yourself in other ways more creative and true to you, rather than letting your mind try to make things fit.

We fit ourselves. With an open mind not attaching to what is there, we can get on with things our own way.

We are creative beings here to express and create. So even as you see it as a way out of your mind, that too serves you to know you don't need to be in your mind to overload yourself in this way with other life forms. But rather be yourself and immerse in the way that works for you.

Immersing in the things we love, allows the mind to take a break from the overload it can often take on.

ajay00
11-02-2017, 12:27 PM

Felix

Follow your heart, then. Drown in music, art and philosophy and be reborn as a dancing star. :smile:

keokutah
14-02-2017, 05:28 AM
When you feel like you don't belong, go on the search for somewhere that you do belong. If that isn't anywhere outside of you, then go within.