PDA

View Full Version : secret society that are not secret

Premier
02-02-2017, 08:57 PM
Are there a society out there that aren't a secret? Why are there many society have to be a secret?

There is a society that are cult like I was wondering if there is one the opposite of cult more like free loving without all the brain washing, and mind control.

naturesflow
02-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Everything is within so that doesn't have to be a secret to you...So finding it in yourself leads you to take it anywhere you wish to be ..

I call it being a "free spirit" from within.

I don't know of societies out there, but I am sure you would find more open and free spirited living communities working in harmony together somewhere that suits your way of being maybe.

mihael_11
02-02-2017, 09:44 PM
They are secret becouse they have secrets and share them only with like minded but we don't know what they are couse they are secrets.

This forum can be that kind of society. Wisdom is shared, there is no force to accept anything only free will.

That kind of society, that you are talking about, doesn't exist. There is always something, that bonds together, common interests, way of thinking, what they want to achieve.

It is possible to find something of your way of thinking, but what are you really looking for? Support, acceptance, healing, just where you can be.

I see it more like, where life guides you, develop what you are guided to develop and if that is through some society, so be it. If it needs to be secret, be secretive, if it is public, be public.

Brucely
02-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Id agree thats basically like these forums.

Some would argue that could be scientology, or mystery schools, but then their after yer money

firstandlast
03-02-2017, 12:36 AM
It could be what you call brainwashing; but that the power of meaning is a potent one and the ability to induce an unconscious synchronicity through a conscious view point and common goal of spirit is a powerful one--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore I suggest looking upon this for a start.

The real issue, is how to truly create multiple perspectives within a unified mythology-- This requires there to be something of an outer teaching, or a garment of outward prose and pose, but inward and in degrees for their to be rings of vision or alignment upon which the person has colored their view entirely with the fraternities central mystery, which is that central thing to be pondered upon which all myth expands from and is presented in a twisted manner in order to 1. obscure the true teaching hidden within. 2. bridge the teaching to the mundane paradigm or the paradigm from which one enters in upon the society with--

It is a matter of creating a sun, or central star which governs the orbital patterns of its members allowing them to work together without much communication beyond initiation, because working towards the same goal with same common mentality (while also allowing for the unique perception of a person, and their unique talents in application to not be hindered) creating a galaxy like structure in which the members orbit towards the common means--

There are of course, varying degrees of success with this, and secret societies that do not consciously understand the secret techniques of the magi or temple being--

Miss Hepburn
03-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Are there a society out there that aren't a secret?
Why are there many society have to be a secret?

There is a society that are cult like I was wondering if there is one the opposite of cult
more like free loving without all the brain washing, and mind control.
Ok....let's get clear...were you drinking when you wrote this ?
Or is English a second language?
Or could you be a Pisces?
Thank you, best wishes.

Shivani Devi
03-02-2017, 02:32 AM
Thank you, best wishes.There are quite a few people on here for whom English is a second language, but their attempts to use English results in nobody else being able to understand it. Boshby is another example. They may have something great to say, but they don't know enough English to say it. It would be better if they typed it in their own language and we could use an online translator...or get their friends who can speak more English than themselves to write a thread for them and translate any responses back into their own language.

Khalli
03-02-2017, 03:47 AM
Thank you, best wishes.

LOL, what does being a Pisces has to do with this?

Even a Pisces imagination will not want to do anything like secret societies. There are much better things to think about.

Premier
03-02-2017, 03:54 AM
Thank you, best wishes.

LOL! Nah I'm a gemini, and a rebel from Alabama.

Lorelyen
03-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Are there a society out there that aren't a secret? Why are there many society have to be a secret?
There's little reason these days for a society to be secretive - we no longer burn witches or incarcerate and torture heretics. However, some like to keep their practices secret (i.e. available only to an inner Order) simply because they don't want their work stolen or abused. You can see why, with the web. A few traditions have been seriously abused and cheapened by the web, the main effect being to impart incomplete knowledge or misinterpret it. In some cases it could be dangerous.

There is a society that are cult like I was wondering if there is one the opposite of cult more like free loving without all the brain washing, and mind control.
I do have contact with a couple of societies (both in the outer court, I should state) and both have quite difficult joining requirements. You have to prove yourself in one way and another. If you wanted to join you'd associate yourself as an acolyte then show you can fit in with their dogma. As they're often dealing with the unknown they may look for a display of courage, for instance. Regardless of what you read here and on occult sites, some techniques are powerful, dangerous even in the hands of someone with a wobbly mental state, so the adepts / priests / leaders want to be sure of you before handing knowledge down.

Basically there are two types of cults - the clubby sort which is usually expensive to join and often FAR more expensive to leave (in ways often beyond the financial - can involve harassment, threats etc); two I can think of begin with S!
- and those genuinely exploring aspects of the netherworlds and manipulating the various forces/energies that they can reach / tap into. There's usually NO brainwashing here since these outfits are about discovery and working together in their contact with the Spirit world.

:smile:

Baile
03-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Are there a society out there that aren't a secret?
I was wondering if there is one the opposite of cult more like free loving
without all the brain washing, and mind control.Yes there is Premier. And it is referred to as occult wisdom or mystery wisdom. The responses you will get online are from people whose interest in studying mystery wisdom is pretty much non-existent. People go online to chat and share their personal experiences. Whereas you seem to be asking for a community of people who, together, specifically study and explore age-old occult knowledge. And that's a whole other thing. BTW, occult just means hidden -- hidden knowledge; knowledge unknown to the general populace -- thus you end up with "secret" societies. PM me if you would like a few suggestions.

Baile
03-02-2017, 12:23 PM
There are quite a few people on here for whom English is a second language, but their attempts to use English results in nobody else being able to understand it. Boshby is another example. They may have something great to say, but they don't know enough English to say it. It would be better if they typed it in their own language and we could use an online translator...or get their friends who can speak more English than themselves to write a thread for them and translate any responses back into their own language.Or we could just accept that people type what they do, for whatever the reason. Which frees us to focus our replies on the content of the words and sentences themselves, rather than the way in which they're spelled and constructed.

ru get in me? Now this sort of thing I personally have trouble with, lol.

Greenslade
03-02-2017, 02:14 PM
There is a society that are cult like I was wondering if there is one the opposite of cult more like free loving without all the brain washing, and mind control.The Cult of One's Self, it's so secret and exclusive there is only one member and it doesn't get any more cult-like. The other good news is that because it's yours you can make the rules up to suit yourself, it can as free-loving, brainwashing-free and control-free as you like. Just don't tell everyone or they'll want to have one of their very own, and that just won't do.

firstandlast
03-02-2017, 03:23 PM
The Cult of One's Self, it's so secret and exclusive there is only one member and it doesn't get any more cult-like. The other good news is that because it's yours you can make the rules up to suit yourself, it can as free-loving, brainwashing-free and control-free as you like. Just don't tell everyone or they'll want to have one of their very own, and that just won't do.

Perhaps that is the biggest brainwash of them all-- lol

Shivani Devi
03-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Or we could just accept that people type what they do, for whatever the reason. Which frees us to focus our replies on the content of the words and sentences themselves, rather than the way in which they're spelled and constructed.

ru get in me? Now this sort of thing I personally have trouble with, lol.
I am the same...especially when it comes to Hypertiger, r6r6r, Dream Jo, Boshy B Good and now Premier, this is what I personally have problems with, but I contend myself that people must type that way, so...yeah I get in you. lol

Shivani Devi
03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
My biggest bugbear is when people use an incorrect homophone though. That is worse than anything! 'Your' instead of 'you're' and vice versa...'there' instead of 'they're' or 'their' or any of these...but this is a story for another day. Suffice to say, I cringe...every single time.

Lorelyen
03-02-2017, 06:21 PM
By failing a brilliant student for bad spelling/grammar one could easily miss an important message.

I mean, how many nowadays misuse the subjunctive mood or fail to decline the pronoun "who" properly or end sentences with a preposition?

:wink:

Baile
03-02-2017, 06:38 PM
'Your' instead of 'you're' and vice versa...'there' instead of 'they're' or 'their' I missed an entire year of school between grades 3-4 and that was one of the things I was never taught. Had to figure it out myself many years later. Thank goodness the internet wasn't around back then, I would have been one of those people getting shamed by the grammar police on YouTube and such.

Greenslade
04-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Perhaps that is the biggest brainwash of them all-- lolMy marbles are in their blue bag that's sitting on my bedside table, and when I go out they'll be in my pocket. Not many people have marbles never mind know where they are. :tongue:

Shivani Devi
04-02-2017, 11:47 AM
I mean, how many nowadays misuse the subjunctive mood or fail to decline the pronoun "who" properly or end sentences with a preposition?

:wink:

...Ending a sentence with a preposition is nothing to be scared of. :wink:

Lorelyen
04-02-2017, 01:14 PM
My marbles are in their blue bag that's sitting on my bedside table, and when I go out they'll be in my pocket. Not many people have marbles never mind know where they are. :tongue:

I lost mine ages ago. They were the cloudy sort too. Woe is me.
I think I left them with my scruples so I haven't a clue where they are.

Oh dear. Woe upon woe...

:D

Lorelyen
04-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Ending a sentence with a preposition is nothing to be scared of. :wink:

Oh yes it is. You end up with prepophobia. I've no one to tell my woes to.

:smile:

Greenslade
04-02-2017, 01:29 PM
I lost mine ages ago. They were the cloudy sort too. Woe is me.
I think I left them with my scruples so I haven't a clue where they are.

Oh dear. Woe upon woe...

:DChives are more delicate than scruples and they tend to enhance the flavour of the cheese. Apparently scruples have been grown in China and according to the reports they pay little heed to the environment in which they are grown.

Shivani Devi
05-02-2017, 05:24 AM
I guess I'm just going to go and sit at the feet of my guru for a while...I haven't for ages and I need a spiritual top-up.

Anyway, Adi Shankaracharya wants me to pass this on. It just appeared out of nowhere:

When your last breath arrives, Grammar can do nothing. - Adi Shankaracharya

Deusdrum
05-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Maybe there's a secret society so secret even it's own members do not know they belong to it.

That would be pretty wild. I remember an author once proposed the idea that a person can be enlightened yet not be aware they are enlightened, which really did a number on my conceptualization of what enlightenment meant at the time. Not that I'm too caught up on what the word means, found it an interesting twist on the usual definition at any rate.

shivatar
05-02-2017, 09:23 PM

hippies are pretty open and non-cult-ish.... Charles Manson non-withstanding. them free lovers been getting a bad reputation ever since him lol