PDA

View Full Version : Scrying

windwillow
13-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I recently purchased a scrying ball. I have it soaking in sea salt water right now to cleanse it, but I was wondering if anyone would tell me their experiences of scrying, or words of advice before I start to use it.

Your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Uhmar
13-02-2011, 10:19 PM
there are many many ways to scry..

Are you talking about a crystal ball? ..a gazing ball?????

what is it made out of as a lot of gemstones do not like salt water....

If it is a crystal ball I have one bit all I ever get is swirling clouds and little flying things..But it could be I can't sit still long enough to get through the veil. I believe it is me not the ball. And another thing is I don't work at it. One cannot just sit down once ever few yeasr and say " ooh today I am going to try " of that i am guilty. So it is my fault not the crystals tht i am not succesfull at it .

windwillow
13-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your reply. This is a crystal ball.

SoaringSpirit
14-02-2011, 05:17 AM
I love working with a crystal ball. My words of advice would be not to give up too soon if it doesn't work straight away. Sometimes it takes a while to get into it.

also, try looking through the ball, not so much into it - kinda like the way you need to look at those 3D images. Also, don't always expect the images to be in the ball, they most often appear in your mind - the ball is more a focus tool.

psychoslice
14-02-2011, 05:43 AM
When I look into a ball i hold it right up to my eye's and just star into it, not at a point but just staring and it usually comes from the peripheral of your focus, that's my own experience of using one, I have never read about using one and never will.

Uhmar
14-02-2011, 01:08 PM
also, try looking through the ball, not so much into it - kinda like the way you need to look at those 3D images. Also, don't always expect the images to be in the ball, they most often appear in your mind -

thank you Soaring Spirit that is the best advice I have read on crystal ball gazing in forever

SoaringSpirit
14-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Its a pleasure Uhmar, I hope it helps :)

Deviahn_Dow
21-02-2011, 04:21 AM
When I use my ball, I usually have to fall into a meditative state before gazing and my body usually begins to vibrate or rock. I've been told this is the body finding balance with the vibrational energy of the ball... Whatever it is, it's normal to me now. I have successfully scried with it quite a few times and the first took a while to get.
My first time, when the ball misted, I saw my house ghost (lovingly nicknamed Beasty but his name is apparently Dominick Devonshire) I FREAKED OUT! I thought "How the bloody hell did that just happen? That couldn't have been me! Oh good gods!" I promptly put away my ball and tried to calm down. My second time was a little less startling because I knew what to expect, that is when I found what I did about my little Beasty.

I have found that after my body levels with the ball, the misting doesn't really happen in the ball, but in your own eyes. As if your vision to the outer world is fading and you begin to loot more into yourself. Also, often times you are told not to blink and to look at a fixed point and to do this and to do that. Ihave found that the easiest way to do this is when you're relaxed. You can blink, your eyes can roam a little. SImply looking past the ball, not "in" it or at it usually is enough to help me. I keep a little journal near by to quickly write down my seeings. Being relaxed and comfortable is key. I also like a few candles, if I can. (Which I usually can't because my mother is paranoid that I'll burn the house down...)

Silver
12-05-2011, 04:21 AM
It sounds like you just find random information from scrying. Can you 'ask' in your mind if you have specific stuff you wanna find out? Can you use quartz?