PDA

View Full Version : My current dilemma

keokutah
22-01-2017, 06:26 AM
In regards to my personal spiritual development, I'm in a time of opportunity, abundance and change and living my life authentically, but change is giving me anxiety and I'm in a leadership situation where I have to make some big decisions, yet I'm feeling insecure about my ability to make the right decision.

I've attracted into my life exactly what I wanted, but now I'm having doubts of whether or not I actually want it anymore. Honestly, I'm scared of the responsibility, second guessing myself, I really wanted this but I don't know if I can do it. Or maybe it's just the current direction I'm taking that isn't sitting right with me.

The start of 2016 I attracted my ultimate dream job, being in charge of a badminton club, getting paid to play badminton. It's my biggest passion in the entire world.

I had dreams to expand it into something much bigger, to be exact I want to eventually own a billion dollar resort and I want to teach and play badminton there.

But I have never resonated with olympic badminton, or those coaches who tell you that you have to use certain techniques or you will never be a good player, drilling you until it takes all the fun out of the sport. I was able to become a great player by just playing and having fun, but most importantly it was the joy of badminton that got me through the toughest times of my life, and the joy of badminton is what I want to spread to people. Not strict olympic rules and any of that jazz.

So last year, I wanted to attract more badminton opportunities, like adding on some more nights and expanding the club itself, getting paid more etc. And at some point I wanted to open a badminton club for youth as well, I told my bosses about my idea.

Then a badminton coach from my club came up to me one day and asked if he could coach there, but I saw how much he was angering people, because he was forcing his instruction on those that did not want it, they just go to play to have fun and he is very aggressive in his coaching method. So I said no, and he told me all about his plan to start a coaching class for youth and said he could use my help but I passed that opportunity, because while I agreed with a passion that it would be good to get youth into badminton, I didn't see eye to eye with his plan to just drill them like an army sergeant. He went to the city and they agreed to do a coaching class for youth, and I was upset that they gave him a badminton coaching class for youth, and didn't give me what I wanted.

This year, all the things I wanted came into fruition. It's been moving FAST and it's still January. Turns out, for whatever reason he ended up not being able to do his class so I've taken over it.

I was worried I wouldn't be able to coach youth because I have social anxiety and I'm not the best at giving speeches,
but I seem to be completely natural at it and it was very easy for me, and I'm not anxious around them, maybe because it's all about badminton which is my biggest passion.

Plus, the city added on more days for my adult badminton club so I'm getting paid more, and they changed us to a new location for 2 nights.

But this new location isn't desirable. It only has 2 playable courts, but there is enough space for a third net, which they bought for us, we just can't use the third net for actual games.

The only idea that I can think of to make this situation work is to convert the third net area into a practice court and start doing drills and possibly coaching beginners. And it's interesting that in the last while we've been attracting a ton of beginners, almost as if the universe is saying, hey keokutah, it's time for you to start teaching badminton to beginners.
And since I've recently started coaching youth in badminton, I feel like the universe is trying to point me in the direction of becoming an actual coach, and obviously that will open even more doors for me. So this change may be exactly what I need.

But my badminton club is used to at least 3 courts for games, and playing with mixed levels. I've always been proud of the fact that we are a laid back, friendly, uncompetitive club that is open to all levels. They are used to just coming out to play and having fun.

So I think they will react badly to my idea to add in drills, but there is no other way around it, because we can't use the practice court for actual games and I want to make use of that third net. I could do fun drills. But really, there's nothing funner then an actual game.

So I'm thinking of making a really hard judgement call, and saying only intermediate and advanced players can use the 2 playable nets, and beginners will have to do drills with me until they become good enough to join the big dogs. But so much of it doesn't resonate with me.

Maybe I shouldn't lay out rules and separate them by level and just let them figure out who uses the playable courts, and then I'll just give them the option to do drills with me on those nights at the practice court.

Because of my resistance towards badminton coaches, I'm not sure if that's what I really want, yet I can also see how that opportunity could eventually lead me to my goal of owning a billion dollar resort and teaching badminton. Maybe I could be a coach, I would just promise myself to never become like those coaches that make badminton a terrible thing.

See, I've recently had an epiphany that I'm supposed to be eccentric and unorthodox and it's okay that people don't take me seriously because I'm spiritual and trying my best to live my life according to what I truly love to do, and this all really falls into that.

I really want to be able to keep badminton fun and enjoyable for these people. I'm starting to wonder if maybe me taking over the coaching class for youth, will give me the chance to just let them play and have fun, instead of actually coaching them in drills. Or perhaps I'm being directed to learn how to coach them in skills AND have fun at the same time... I don't know! Is that even possible, I'm not sure yet because this is the first time I've ever coached badminton.

Ever since I've been coaching, I've had to brush up on my own techniques and am quite frustrated how many bad habits I've adopted over the years, I have to fix my own footwork, let alone teach these kids how to use proper footwork - and then I'm confronted with the question of, does it really matter? Because do I really want to encourage them to become olympic players? That's not what I want in my heart. I wouldn't even want that for myself. I just want to encourage them to have fun and quite frankly, all the best players in our competitive and recreational clubs still don't even use proper footwork most of the time. So far, I told them if you want to become an olympic player you'll need to use this footwork, but if you don't, don't worry about it, I know it's a very unorthodox approach, but I don't want to teach them things that I don't resonate with. Yet I've still been trying to retrain myself to use proper footwork, because I don't want to be one of those people who can't practice what they preach.

The weird thing is, I spent many years of my life trying to get a Fitness Instructor certificate. I took the courses, but when it came to taking the exam everything possible went wrong. I tried to take the exam probably 50 times over the years, and things would always happen to prevent me from doing it. At the time it's what I really wanted, and my spirit guide was saying it wasn't meant for me and I would get where I wanted without having to get that certificate, basically if I just trusted in the universe for the plan to unfold. So finally, that's what I did. And it's crazy but I am an instructor now through the city, and classified as a coach and I've never had the training, the city really doesn't care about my lack of training. I landed this job by pure fluke.
So basically, I'm going at this in a completely unorthodox way.

I'm sorry I don't know where I'm going with all this... because I just really don't know where I'm going from here.

My spirit guide keeps telling me to stop over analyzing it, just take a break before I make any hasty decisions, get out in nature and just relax. Mostly, he is saying just go with the flow. In this situation, I'm not really sure how to do that. Surely my anxiety is pretty high lately, and when I do follow his advice and just relax I feel so much better. I've been obsessing about this for days, trying to figure out a solution but I keep putting it off, because I don't feel like it's time to make a solution yet. Maybe something else will come up and steer me in a completely different direction.

I usually send out an email to the badminton club every sunday, so I'm panicking and trying to figure out a plan before tomorrow, and I have tried to write dozens of practice emails, basically trying to come up with a solution to having only 2 playable courts and 1 practice court. It wasn't supposed to be that way, and while I should be upset at my bosses for setting us up with only 2 courts, I feel like the practice court could be a chance for me to try out my new idea, teaching beginners. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do.
Alternatively, I could quit my job through the city and then we would just have to rent schools privately to play badminton in. But I don't think that's what I'm supposed to do, although an oracle card I chose the other day clearly told me "quit your job". It's not what my spirit guide said though, he says I may have to quit what I'm used to, in order to bring in the new, so it doesn't necessarily mean I have to quit my job, I just might have to say goodbye to how it used to be.
Besides the city job seems like it is giving me more and more opportunities.

My spirit guide says the opportunities showing up in my life are here to take me to my ultimate dream goal, but he also says I have to let go of the old, and go with the new, be open and not afraid.
And he's been telling me that Im outgrowing the old.
And come to think of it, recently when I've been playing badminton with them, I've been getting kind of bored, mostly because we do have a huge influx of beginners, so that makes games really easy.
But in general, I've been feeling like I want to do something more with badminton, like coaching. I still want to play, but I feel called to do something more.

I'm just super worried that they won't react well to the new changes, and I'm not sure if I'm going about it the right way.

I'm sorry for this really long post about badminton, but my anxiety has been really bad lately, so bad that I've been getting panic attacks, sometimes I get this intense fear that makes me feel like curling up into a ball and just hiding away from the world, and I know how terrible that sounds, but at the same time it's actually very easy for me to ground myself and comfort myself and go within and just relax. It's just happening on a regular basis.

My psychologist thinks it's because I'm at a time in my life where old trauma is coming to the surface, so he thinks it's basically PTSD related, even though I can't think of any triggers that happen before my anxiety attacks. It's very easy for me to deal with it at the time, I just have to go within and comfort my anxious self.

When I am not anxious, I am a very laid back guy, and no matter what kind of issue comes up, just bounces off of me, I just go with the flow. But lately it's been really hard, and there is a lot more happening in my life than usual.
I guess I just have to chill out.

Baile
22-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Hey keokutah, I was badminton champ in my high school, even beat the jock football players. :smile: I taught sports to young adults and kids. If they are there to have fun and socialize, then keep it light. If they are there to learn -- paid lessons -- then there is an expectation you will be teaching them. And personally, I wouldn't prevent the beginners from playing. That's unfair to them. I would create drills for all three groups, and while teaching one group, the other two can just play. And one rule I live by in life: If I have doubts, I don't do it! So if you're unsure still, give your plan more time to formulate instead of rushing into a new class structure. Those would be my suggestions. Good luck and it sounds like you're loving it. It's so great when we find something we love doing.

Baile
22-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Also, young people like to be included in the discussion. If it's just a drop-in class for example, but you feel you want to add drills, then you can ask the class how many would be interested. Let them decide, then you're not the guy pushing your idea on them because they decided as a group. I also found as a classroom teacher that some kids are super-focused and want to be challenged by you every minute of the class, while others are daydreamers who prefer to work on their own at their own pace. You have to teach to the personalty. Maybe more drills for those who want them and less for those who don't.

keokutah
22-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Thanks so much for the advice. Nice to see another badminton enthusiast on here.

The youth class is pre- registered and from ages 11 - 16 and they're all beginners except for 2 kids who are intermediate players.

The coach who created this class bailed because he had originally made 2 classes, one for beginners and one for intermediates but the rec center wasn't getting any interest in that so they merged the two together.
He's pretty anal and probably realized it was a bad idea to put two different levels together, but I'm finding it pretty easy to teach the two different levels at once because the beginners are the kinds of beginners who have never played badminton before.
My 2 intermediate kids are also easy to teach because they enjoy being partnered together. The one kid is over confident and claims to be a competitive badminton player since he was 5, and thrives off of tons of encouragement, always trying to get my attention. The other one has 0 confidence, is still learning English and says he's never played before but he's better than the one who claims to have played competitive badminton for years, maybe he's just a natural.

In the class description in the Rec center book, it describes it as a skill-based coaching class, so I guess I really can't change it into an unstructured playing class. My boss took my idea about adding a youth badminton club to heart though, especially because she came to watch my first day and the parents of the intermediate kid started telling her they wanted more badminton options for him.

I already did tell the kids to tell me if they wanted to work on anything specific but they are almost too polite, they would rather just do whatever I tell them to do.
Maybe once they get more used to me they'll feel more comfortable speaking up.
They all seem to be super-focused like you mentioned, it was a bit surprising to me at first how focused, well behaved and serious they are.

And some of the beginners really loosen up and start laughing and having fun, while some of them remain very serious the whole time, but they all seem to be super focused.

So far I've been doing drills and skills in the beginning and letting them play for the rest of the class to apply those skills and I think they like that. It's only an hour long class so it's not much time.

And as far as my badminton club goes, I just sent an email to my boss telling her how uncomfortable I am with this situation so that I hope they can find a better solution as soon as possible, because that's the truth.
We went from 6 courts a night down to only 2 courts and with our high numbers it would be simply impossible for me to keep everyone happy that way. We still have 3 courts on Monday nights, but still, I had originally asked for more courts for the other days, not less because we were getting so many people!

You're right, it would be totally unfair to exclude the beginners, I don't like that idea at all, but I did ask the club what they thought of it.

And in the meantime, I told my club I'm going to be setting up drills in the practice court for everyone. I also asked them if they had any other ideas or suggestions.

I'm honestly excited about doing some drills with them because I'd like to practice some things myself. Need to stop slacking off on my technique if I'm going to be teaching kids.

guthrio
22-01-2017, 07:13 PM
In regards to my personal spiritual development, I'm in a time of opportunity, abundance and change and living my life authentically, but change is giving me anxiety and I'm in a leadership situation where I have to make some big decisions, yet I'm feeling insecure about my ability to make the right decision.

I've attracted into my life exactly what I wanted, but now I'm having doubts of whether or not I actually want it anymore. Honestly, I'm scared of the responsibility, second guessing myself, I really wanted this but I don't know if I can do it. Or maybe it's just the current direction I'm taking that isn't sitting right with me.

The start of 2016 I attracted my ultimate dream job, being in charge of a badminton club, getting paid to play badminton. It's my biggest passion in the entire world.

I had dreams to expand it into something much bigger, to be exact I want to eventually own a billion dollar resort and I want to teach and play badminton there.

But I have never resonated with olympic badminton, or those coaches who tell you that you have to use certain techniques or you will never be a good player, drilling you until it takes all the fun out of the sport. I was able to become a great player by just playing and having fun, but most importantly it was the joy of badminton that got me through the toughest times of my life, and the joy of badminton is what I want to spread to people. Not strict olympic rules and any of that jazz.

So last year, I wanted to attract more badminton opportunities, like adding on some more nights and expanding the club itself, getting paid more etc. And at some point I wanted to open a badminton club for youth as well, I told my bosses about my idea.

Then a badminton coach from my club came up to me one day and asked if he could coach there, but I saw how much he was angering people, because he was forcing his instruction on those that did not want it, they just go to play to have fun and he is very aggressive in his coaching method. So I said no, and he told me all about his plan to start a coaching class for youth and said he could use my help but I passed that opportunity, because while I agreed with a passion that it would be good to get youth into badminton, I didn't see eye to eye with his plan to just drill them like an army sergeant. He went to the city and they agreed to do a coaching class for youth, and I was upset that they gave him a badminton coaching class for youth, and didn't give me what I wanted.

This year, all the things I wanted came into fruition. It's been moving FAST and it's still January. Turns out, for whatever reason he ended up not being able to do his class so I've taken over it.

I was worried I wouldn't be able to coach youth because I have social anxiety and I'm not the best at giving speeches,
but I seem to be completely natural at it and it was very easy for me, and I'm not anxious around them, maybe because it's all about badminton which is my biggest passion.

Plus, the city added on more days for my adult badminton club so I'm getting paid more, and they changed us to a new location for 2 nights.

But this new location isn't desirable. It only has 2 playable courts, but there is enough space for a third net, which they bought for us, we just can't use the third net for actual games.

The only idea that I can think of to make this situation work is to convert the third net area into a practice court and start doing drills and possibly coaching beginners. And it's interesting that in the last while we've been attracting a ton of beginners, almost as if the universe is saying, hey keokutah, it's time for you to start teaching badminton to beginners.
And since I've recently started coaching youth in badminton, I feel like the universe is trying to point me in the direction of becoming an actual coach, and obviously that will open even more doors for me. So this change may be exactly what I need.

But my badminton club is used to at least 3 courts for games, and playing with mixed levels. I've always been proud of the fact that we are a laid back, friendly, uncompetitive club that is open to all levels. They are used to just coming out to play and having fun.

So I think they will react badly to my idea to add in drills, but there is no other way around it, because we can't use the practice court for actual games and I want to make use of that third net. I could do fun drills. But really, there's nothing funner then an actual game.

So I'm thinking of making a really hard judgement call, and saying only intermediate and advanced players can use the 2 playable nets, and beginners will have to do drills with me until they become good enough to join the big dogs. But so much of it doesn't resonate with me.

Maybe I shouldn't lay out rules and separate them by level and just let them figure out who uses the playable courts, and then I'll just give them the option to do drills with me on those nights at the practice court.

Because of my resistance towards badminton coaches, I'm not sure if that's what I really want, yet I can also see how that opportunity could eventually lead me to my goal of owning a billion dollar resort and teaching badminton. Maybe I could be a coach, I would just promise myself to never become like those coaches that make badminton a terrible thing.

See, I've recently had an epiphany that I'm supposed to be eccentric and unorthodox and it's okay that people don't take me seriously because I'm spiritual and trying my best to live my life according to what I truly love to do, and this all really falls into that.

I really want to be able to keep badminton fun and enjoyable for these people. I'm starting to wonder if maybe me taking over the coaching class for youth, will give me the chance to just let them play and have fun, instead of actually coaching them in drills. Or perhaps I'm being directed to learn how to coach them in skills AND have fun at the same time... I don't know! Is that even possible, I'm not sure yet because this is the first time I've ever coached badminton.

Ever since I've been coaching, I've had to brush up on my own techniques and am quite frustrated how many bad habits I've adopted over the years, I have to fix my own footwork, let alone teach these kids how to use proper footwork - and then I'm confronted with the question of, does it really matter? Because do I really want to encourage them to become olympic players? That's not what I want in my heart. I wouldn't even want that for myself. I just want to encourage them to have fun and quite frankly, all the best players in our competitive and recreational clubs still don't even use proper footwork most of the time. So far, I told them if you want to become an olympic player you'll need to use this footwork, but if you don't, don't worry about it, I know it's a very unorthodox approach, but I don't want to teach them things that I don't resonate with. Yet I've still been trying to retrain myself to use proper footwork, because I don't want to be one of those people who can't practice what they preach.

The weird thing is, I spent many years of my life trying to get a Fitness Instructor certificate. I took the courses, but when it came to taking the exam everything possible went wrong. I tried to take the exam probably 50 times over the years, and things would always happen to prevent me from doing it. At the time it's what I really wanted, and my spirit guide was saying it wasn't meant for me and I would get where I wanted without having to get that certificate, basically if I just trusted in the universe for the plan to unfold. So finally, that's what I did. And it's crazy but I am an instructor now through the city, and classified as a coach and I've never had the training, the city really doesn't care about my lack of training. I landed this job by pure fluke.
So basically, I'm going at this in a completely unorthodox way.

I'm sorry I don't know where I'm going with all this... because I just really don't know where I'm going from here.

My spirit guide keeps telling me to stop over analyzing it, just take a break before I make any hasty decisions, get out in nature and just relax. Mostly, he is saying just go with the flow. In this situation, I'm not really sure how to do that. Surely my anxiety is pretty high lately, and when I do follow his advice and just relax I feel so much better. I've been obsessing about this for days, trying to figure out a solution but I keep putting it off, because I don't feel like it's time to make a solution yet. Maybe something else will come up and steer me in a completely different direction.

I usually send out an email to the badminton club every sunday, so I'm panicking and trying to figure out a plan before tomorrow, and I have tried to write dozens of practice emails, basically trying to come up with a solution to having only 2 playable courts and 1 practice court. It wasn't supposed to be that way, and while I should be upset at my bosses for setting us up with only 2 courts, I feel like the practice court could be a chance for me to try out my new idea, teaching beginners. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do.
Alternatively, I could quit my job through the city and then we would just have to rent schools privately to play badminton in. But I don't think that's what I'm supposed to do, although an oracle card I chose the other day clearly told me "quit your job". It's not what my spirit guide said though, he says I may have to quit what I'm used to, in order to bring in the new, so it doesn't necessarily mean I have to quit my job, I just might have to say goodbye to how it used to be.
Besides the city job seems like it is giving me more and more opportunities.

My spirit guide says the opportunities showing up in my life are here to take me to my ultimate dream goal, but he also says I have to let go of the old, and go with the new, be open and not afraid.
And he's been telling me that Im outgrowing the old.
And come to think of it, recently when I've been playing badminton with them, I've been getting kind of bored, mostly because we do have a huge influx of beginners, so that makes games really easy.
But in general, I've been feeling like I want to do something more with badminton, like coaching. I still want to play, but I feel called to do something more.

I'm just super worried that they won't react well to the new changes, and I'm not sure if I'm going about it the right way.

I'm sorry for this really long post about badminton, but my anxiety has been really bad lately, so bad that I've been getting panic attacks, sometimes I get this intense fear that makes me feel like curling up into a ball and just hiding away from the world, and I know how terrible that sounds, but at the same time it's actually very easy for me to ground myself and comfort myself and go within and just relax. It's just happening on a regular basis.

My psychologist thinks it's because I'm at a time in my life where old trauma is coming to the surface, so he thinks it's basically PTSD related, even though I can't think of any triggers that happen before my anxiety attacks. It's very easy for me to deal with it at the time, I just have to go within and comfort my anxious self.

When I am not anxious, I am a very laid back guy, and no matter what kind of issue comes up, just bounces off of me, I just go with the flow. But lately it's been really hard, and there is a lot more happening in my life than usual.
I guess I just have to chill out.

Keokutah,

If your love of badminton is as encompassing to you as you've said, there is something about this sport that would certainly appeal to students who also aspire to their own heights of achievement.

Which brings me to suggest a possible nexus to your dilemma: Ready ?

Inspire yourself, your club, and your students to aspire to these heights, the right way:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton_at_the_Summer_Olympics

Brother, don't chill out. Heat up!

How does THAT feel?

keokutah
25-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Well, no one showed up yesterday for badminton at all, they hate my idea of doing drills in the practice court and I've already gotten complaints about how they miss the last gym we rented.

Messaged my boss again but still no answer.

The oracle cards are really bang on lately, but I fear they are basically telling me this wasn't meant to be.

This is what the oracle cards are saying to me:

"Perhaps you felt almost certain that serendipitous events were meant to lead to something better. It was supposed to be the perfect business, or that person you gave your heart to was supposed to be The One - yet it all fell apart! Consider this: sometimes synchronicity and serendipity come together to lead you right into difficulties in order to deliver an important lesson you need to learn before you hit the jackpot. Don't get caught up in the drama of disappointment. There really is silver lining in this cloud. Spirit always knows what you need and is always guiding you to where you are meant to go. Pay attention to the signs that are presented to you."

All of the oracle cards I've been pulling have been saying the same thing. Some repeatedly say I have to let go of the old, any attachments, and old beliefs, and be open to accepting the new, think new and be new. One card basically suggested that I am basing who I am on badminton and asked who would I be without it? Some oracle cards also mentioned that betrayal is just a sign that I'm supposed to cut out all the people who do not deserve my trust and who shouldn't be in my life. That message really spoke to me, because I do feel betrayed by the club. It's not exactly the situation or the location that is ruining badminton, it is them. Because we still have 2 courts, they could have come and supported the club, but they chose not to.
And that really upsets me. I've put so much work into trying to fight for them, but it seems like they really just don't care. I've even had complaints from people who haven't even seen the new place yet.

It sounds to me like the cards are telling me, it's time to let them go. If they aren't happy with the new changes, I could always find some new people who are.

The truth is I like the new place, it's beautiful. It's a gigantic wooden log house building, it's absolutely stunning, and it's close to my house so I don't have to ride my bike far to get to it, I was really hoping it would work out.
I don't feel betrayed by my bosses, I feel like they were hoping this situation would be a good fit and they went out of their way to secure time slots for us in this building, gave us another day to play, bought us brand new nets and everyone is being completely ungrateful, just because they miss the old gym and this new gym isn't perfect.

It seems like the oracle cards could either be telling me to quit badminton altogether or to go a new direction with it. Because I have had cards tell me to quit.

I really did think I finally found my calling in life, badminton is my ultimate passion, and it was very miraculous how these opportunities came into my life and I was happy and it felt like everything was going great. I just don't understand why the opportunities would have risen just to fall apart.

And the oracle cards are right, I wouldn't know what to do with myself without badminton, it's like the one thing I love the most in life. I really hope the universe isn't pushing me into the direction of abandoning it and moving onto something else, because I really wanted badminton to be a part of my life.

And my Spirit Guide is still telling me to wait without making any rash decisions. I've also pulled quite a few cards that say the same. He says everything is going to work out the way it is supposed to, that I'm not supposed to quit, I'm just supposed to wait and see where things take me. He says, it's not the end, things are just going to change and they are working on getting things moving in my life so that it does take me to my ultimate dream and destiny.

But I feel like things are falling apart right now.

Baile
25-01-2017, 05:48 PM
so that it does take me to my ultimate dream and destiny.

But I feel like things are falling apart right now.You know why we end up disappointed? Because we have things we attach ourselves to. The fewer things we attach ourselves to, the fewer our disappointments. Life is a minefield in that regard. And we're the ones who choose which mines, and where to place them. :smile:

Sorry you're going through that. My experience: I had a great career for a very long time. Every time I got excited to the point of thinking I'd like to stay at this one place and work here for 20 years, something would come up that would derail my enthusiasm. Usually to do with people and their garbage; others who are miserable in their jobs, don't like to see people enjoying what they do. So they sabotage things so that everyone's unhappy. The only person who has never let me down, is me. And now I don't let other people, and/or circumstances out of my control, get in the way of my happiness and dreams. Yes, it means I have to adjust accordingly, depending on what is coming at me. Which is why I don't attach myself to things and to outcomes.

Baile
25-01-2017, 06:16 PM
I had a dream going way back: to live on a river or lake and to be able to canoe whenever I felt like it. I love canoeing, have since I was a teenager.

Some time ago I found myself working in a town, renting a house on the river. My dream come true. And my dream was even more than I imagined. I would canoe every evening, and spent the entire weekend on the river. Two years of this and I couldn't believe how lucky I was.

And then the boss at work decided to have a sanity break down and started treating everyone like garbage. And after months of this stress, I had two choices: stay with my canoe-dream situation, or find work that wasn't killing me. So I moved, which just about killed me anyway because my lifelong dream evaporated when I left.

I ended up moving to the ocean. I can't canoe on it. But then someone told me about ocean kayaks. And so I got one. And I spend my summers floating on the ocean in my kayak. Not the same dream, it's different; but it's better because I have no stress. That's what I mean by adjusting accordingly to circumstances as they come at you. Don't ever lose the dream, just continually shape it to fit your life in a way that works for you.

keokutah
26-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Thanks for taking the time to respond! The thing is, I have been so successful with using the law of attraction, which is why I was so confused as to why it was falling apart.

But I got great news today, literally right after I posted that! It turns out it's not falling apart, it's just changing, and expanding.

My boss is letting us use tape on the floors so now I can create the third court, so now we can have 3 courts!
Plus my boss is letting us play for 4 hours (it used to be only 2 hours)! So I'm going to get paid even more! And 3 nights with 3 courts and 4 hours for two of those nights will give us plenty of time and space to expand!

Plus, I ordered some badminton shoes online which is always risky, and I received them in the mail today and they fit perfectly.

So today was a huge day of awesome abundance for me, so I'm super grateful to the universe right now.

Who knows how it's going to turn out, but my badminton club can't possibly complain anymore. The rec center is doing everything in their power to make them happy.

keokutah
26-01-2017, 05:06 AM
I had a dream going way back: to live on a river or lake and to be able to canoe whenever I felt like it. I love canoeing, have since I was a teenager.

Some time ago I found myself working in a town, renting a house on the river. My dream come true. And my dream was even more than I imagined. I would canoe every evening, and spent the entire weekend on the river. Two years of this and I couldn't believe how lucky I was.

And then the boss at work decided to have a sanity break down and started treating everyone like garbage. And after months of this stress, I had two choices: stay with my canoe-dream situation, or find work that wasn't killing me. So I moved, which just about killed me anyway because my lifelong dream evaporated when I left.

I ended up moving to the ocean. I can't canoe on it. But then someone told me about ocean kayaks. And so I got one. And I spend my summers floating on the ocean in my kayak. Not the same dream, it's different; but it's better because I have no stress. That's what I mean by adjusting accordingly to circumstances as they come at you. Don't ever lose the dream, just continually shape it to fit your life in a way that works for you.

I'm glad you found ocean kayaking, that's also something I love. We have some things in common :biggrin:
But yeah, dreams definitely change forms...