PDA

View Full Version : Righting the wrongs in one's life

Selenphina
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Very recently I've done some reflecting and feel pulled to face things I've done in the past and work to make ammends. I thought of someone I hadn't in a long time, and how I was insensitive to this individual. And facebook makes it easy to find people these days. I actually looked him up and just appologized. It felt great just to do that, and I wasn't afraid of how it might appear... (admitting faults and apologizing for something which happened so many years ago feels a little crazy.)

Anyway, the point being that I didn't worry about my pride or anything else - instead I just very genuinely and sincerely apologized from the heart, not worrying about how long it had been.

I highly recommend this exercise to all. :wink: :D It's great because not only does it make the world just a tiny bit better, it was also a humbling and healing experience for me at the same time.

Emmalevine
12-02-2011, 05:48 PM
That's great Selenphina! It is very releasing to be able to do that and it fills you with peace inside.

Just to add that in many instances people are unable to make contact with the person who they have unfinished business with, ie the person may have died. If so, writing a letter to the person saying sorry (or whatever else needs saying) may be just as theraputic. I believe it's not so much about making amends with someone else as it is about forgiving yourself and making peace with the past. Expressing emotions, whether to the person involved or not, will help do this.

Well done again :)

Enya
12-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Yes, this does help alot and clears a whole lotta spritual 'residue' between you and the persons involved. For-give-ness is always the best way to go...:hug2:

Swami Chihuahuananda
12-02-2011, 10:16 PM
from the AA steps :

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

been there done that a few times . for me, one of the huge keys to getting a functioning connection with Spirit was to do the things necessary to become
a different type of person than I used to be. there was a big difference between having lofty spiritual ideas and having a life that could actually support and foster genuine (not imagined or idealized) spiritual experience and outlook . A life that is rooted in the real experience and outlook, not like it used to be, when I was wishing and trying and fantasizing about being spiritual , but mostly living lost in all of the emotional and psychological garbage that I didn't know how to stop accumulating.

As an alcoholic and addict I was a horrible person, but there were things wrong with me that had deeper causes, and the substance abuse was really a symptom of the deeper dysfunctions. The deepest malfunction was the disconnection from Spirit, which created an environment that alllowed all the garbage to accumulate. So the removal of the garbage is very directly connected to having a functioning life that facilitates having a spiritual life, for me. :smile:

Dar

aser's homie
12-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Peter: Wait, you're doing it wrong.

Mark: How so? I am trying my hardest.

Peter: You have to stay focused, you're actually lurking your mind elsewhere doesn't belong.

Mark: I understand, but i'm trying my best.

Peter: Wake up Mark, last time you apologized for this was last week. Your pardons are getting slim. Try to have the mind set to do this or you won't be able to.

Mark: I just got allot of build up within me, harder to express than it seems to be.

Peter: Yet Mark, look at the evident. Look, your belly is big from good feastings, your clothes makes you look good, your house is just as you left it, your achieving things in life. Why are you so shook?

Mark: I stumbled, that's all.

Peter: That's what you get for wanting your way and nothing but your way.

Mark: I just got distracted with another so I made a mistake.

Peter: Pay up or chip out, no brainer for life my friend.

Mark: And then what?

Peter: If good status is delayed with you, you need to take responsibility and act like you know.

Mark: How?

Peter: Stop being so spoiled and get with the program of your life that matters.

themaster
13-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Righting the wrongs in one's life

There aren't any wrong's :rolleyes: :tongue:

All you were doing was healing the pain and shame you held in your heart.. and good for you! :smile:

Swami Chihuahuananda
13-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Righting the wrongs in one's life

There aren't any wrong's :rolleyes: :tongue:

All you were doing was healing the pain and shame you held in your heart.. and good for you! :smile:

which brings us back to one of my favorite paradoxes : what's wrong with you may just be what's right with you (once we're seeing ourselves clearly)
:D

themaster
13-02-2011, 08:44 AM
which brings us back to one of my favorite paradoxes : what's wrong with you may just be what's right with you (once we're seeing ourselves clearly)
:DHmm.. yes, paradox's staples of the 4th dimension.. so I hear :rolleyes: :D